Add Moment of Vulnerability after Parry

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I'm not trying to impress anyone just show a combat style that i'd like to see return.

maybe this would be better, I didn't exactly prepare to have to be talking about this 7 years in the future.

To be clear i'm just trying to answer the guys question on what is flurrying.

You're fine bro, don't let him get to ya. Thanks for sharing your videos about Flurry.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I just don't get why the combat HAS to be slow.

If it's going to cause """""issues"""" similar to MO1, I honestly wouldn't care.

Henrik refuses to budge off of the single server idea.

- Water combat.
- Faster combat.
- Punch through with blunt weapons.
- Better weapon diversity.
- Better one handed weapons.
I'd be fine if i was Slow AF with Duel Wield Weapons if i Could swing both left and right at the same time lmao.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
And this my friends is why I say magic is OP. Cant be parried. Same with MA.

To actually contribute to the topic. I think a possible solution is make parry damage higher. If you sit there getting hits for 5's over and over its going to add up. And then make big boy weapons that are slow and garbage do extra parry damage.

Parry hits could also lower the person parryings stam so that they cant just be full stam while they sit back and do nothing while the person actually trying to win blows stam.

Also you should be able to stam up while swinging and not sprinting. That way if they stand there parrying you can stand there swinging and eventually will get a hit in / they die to parry damage if they never fight back.

@Teknique I love how you can hit him before he does an animation and he can still get a parry lmao. Fighting as nubs in this game is fun but the second players know what they are doing and arent using a nerf sword that swings at the speed of light, the melee combat 1v1 is just so lame.

At the end of the day theres not a ton SV can do while wanting the melee combat to be parry based. Because this is always what happens, its the same reason I hate Mordhau. Its just a parrying contest, which if one player is good a worsep layer will never land a hit. and 2 good players its just an aids fest of doing jank stuff to try and get a hit in. I greatly prefer hit trade based combat. Then you are always doing some damage, but the better player will land better/more hits and win. Which is a lot more how MNO1 played. Because ping and parrying was jank so a lot of players just ran around and tried to out trade. The second I would fight a player who was good at parrying and had good ping it stopped being fun. Sadly in MO2 this is everyone because parrying is much easier.
I debated on actually saying this where everyone could read it, but fuck it. Here's my shot, I actually Deal 7s through parry with my build with 1 specific weapon. I switch to that weapon if opponent doesn't fall for any of my normal tricks because i'm not gonna have a parry fight for 20min fuck that. With that being said It only works because of my Build it would only deal 2s and 3s for other people using the same weapon. So Parry damage still needs INCREASED. It's ridiculous what you have to do in order to achieve slight advantages in this game.

Reactions: Jatix

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Almost like the game isn't completely tuned towards 1v1 trihards that spend all day playing and is actually geared towards group fights. Hm
This type of comment again.... People who say this don't understand the nuances of melee combat and how even now the skill ceiling is low but we could still defeat tons of lesser melee fighters, who haven't practiced as much as we have. 2 skilled foot fighters can take on 10 foot fighters who don't know what they are doing. Alot of times me and my friend will go out and fight just us 2 vs entire armies to test ourselves, We do it in our video's all the time TheBeastMasters Guild. This video Us and Miscreants teamed up to defeat all of Old Guard and some Koto and Northern Order. BeastMasters ; Tha Mayors of Meduli - Mortal Online 2 PvP - YouTube They are all mounteds when they get on Foot they can't handle us. And IronVanGuard Crumbles to our might as well in our War.

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Is this actually Mortal Online2? I can't believe the whole community agrees on something for once. It's actually Shocking.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
PvP players aren't trying to suggest to balance the game around 1v1. But it's ridiculous that players are SHITTING on the idea of 1v1, and saying "OH WELL WHO CARES ITS A GROUP BASED GAME!"

More enabling the lazy design.

But I can tell you this. If 1v1 felt good, I bet group fights would feel even better.

They don't. Haha, I have faith tho that they will change combat in some manner, really. If not, I am dun; I must have a lot more faith than most people cuz I'm not checked out completely. I honestly believe if they made parry reduce dmg by 75% vs other players, I would be able to win. It's just so much different mentally to see yknow 8s/10s or whatever opposed to 0s, and you can go in, bonk them around a bit, and then step outside again. You can't just hold parry, and I think if you're gonna swing back off a parry you should not get any sort of invulnerability, if the person comes back at you, you both should do normal dmg... and yea the guy who is parrying will do much more dmg cuz full charged swing vs a slap, but at least you can go thru and end up kiting them after they parry even if they do land their hit well. In the end, pressure/skill would win, but not parrying at all would be a disadvantage, and you can keep the slow combat to get rid of desync, keep the parry windows, etc. I'd rather it NOT reduce dmg by 75% btw... I'd rather it be more like 66% or 50%, but it'd be SO MUCH better that I'd settle for it.

Same w/ group fights, I dunno why this is even a group fight issue. Group fights are people smashing each other w/ weps and tactics. Parry is not a big thing in group fights, 'tuning' it, would not make a huge impact.

The best thing is if they leave the combat as it is and people are having their highly skilled duels with their spins and parries and then half the time other people just come in and crash and kill them both haha.

Parries are a big thing in group fights. Any smart player who gets low turns around and parries until he is healed and peeled. Do you think people just whack each other with no blocking / parrying until the other side is standing?

Hate to BREAK IT TO YOU GUYS BUT WHEN YOU'RE IN A GROUP FIGHT AND FIGHTING ANOTHER PLAYER YOUR LITERALLY DUELING INSIDE OF THE GROUP FIGHT!

Wow! It's like dueling has a place in group fights and in the game, but people think because you can target switch that it immediately becomes irrelevant.

Reactions: Teknique and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Nothing wrong with 1v1 being good in the game you defiantly can have good and even better GvGs if 1v1s were high skill ceiling.

Some people dont know that they are talking about and thats obvious but others are scared of not winning fights if the game becomes more skill based.

The main issue with skill base in this game is the ping restrictions on combat which means you need to do other things to increase the skill floor. But flurries were working before just fine.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
Re-increasing the speed of combat isn't a smart idea, Here is an early video when they decided to "Increase" the combat speed from an oceanic player perspective.

Shortly after they've reverted back to the slower speed and eventually found a medium of speed/slow that is more suitable for high-ping players.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Re-increasing the speed of combat isn't a smart idea, Here is an early video when they decided to "Increase" the combat speed from an oceanic player perspective.

Shortly after they've reverted back to the slower speed and eventually found a medium of speed/slow that is more suitable for high-ping players.

Then maybe SV should make regional servers. Sorry but it's bullshit to just accommodate everyone into the game at the expense of how it plays.

Reactions: Tzone and Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

This was a really long time ago. Sep 2020, before even normalization.

I'd say this is super out of context

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
As an Oceanic player, I became very salty when I first played MO2 and realized my playstyle from MO1 had been neutered and forced me into turtle gameplay, which I'm not a fan of. If I want to master broken animations, cheese mechanics and play some jedi mind tricks, I'll play Mordhau.

MO2 lacks offensive capabilities in PvP to break defensive players. I get SV want to balance between all connections, but the current implementation of combat mechanics just makes PvP feel slow, sluggish and somehow more clunky than MO1. MO1 actually feels fluid compared to MO2 combat, and that shouldn't be the case.

#bringbackflurrying

Sorry Sneeze, video is a good example of flurry beans.

Tried telling them for way to long again but alas brown nosers got to them like last time. Sad times.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
It's possible to Parry your entire stamina Bar for myself and some of my dueling partners. I think a lot of the Vets are at this level as well. It's honestly not hard to do or even impressive, so to land a hit you basically cheese the animations and try to hide your arm from your opponent, it's the only way unless your opponent messes up and you catch them with a bait. Or maybe you could add a Skill called Trade Offense that increases Speed of your attack while opponent is attacking and adds a tiny bit of chip damage? Just my 2 cents, people keep telling me Mordhau combat is similiar to Mortal but doesn't let you parry a lot or something.

This guy, talking about parrying. Where were your parry skills when me and Turik flawlessed your entire guild outside Vadda graveyard? You couldn't parry my hits at all. I literally hit you at least 2 times with an out-of-stamina slow swing.. in a 1v1 situation. I wasn't even feinting or hiding animations. Maybe you should improve and practice before you weigh in on combat mechanics, you're pretty much a low-mid tier fighter. The reason you think you're good is you're fighting other lower tier combatants.

• Haha
Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
This guy, talking about parrying. Where were your parry skills when me and Turik flawlessed your entire guild outside Vadda graveyard? You couldn't parry my hits at all. I literally hit you at least 2 times with an out-of-stamina slow swing.. in a 1v1 situation. I wasn't even feinting or hiding animations. Maybe you should improve and practice before you weigh in on combat mechanics, you're pretty much a low-mid tier fighter. The reason you think you're good is you're fighting other lower tier combatants.
You mean the 2v2 We Won and that you guys lost? I remember that too, I remember you needing a Mounted Archer to come save you guys. We got that on Video take a look. :) BeastMasters ; Tha Mayors of Meduli - Mortal Online 2 PvP - YouTube We got some fresh vids of us defeating Koto with Miscreants too. Don't worry more Beast Masters Compilations are coming. Get Cucked Kiddo. Another thing you can do before thinking you can Flex on me, when you already lost is hmm idk try lasting longer then 2min against us in a 2v2. Maybe try lasting 20min against this Uli guy when he is using his auto blocker to practice with us lmao.
You kids are ridiculous this is a perfect example of losers talking big after they already lost to try to defend their fragile ego. In a team fight I go for damage in a 1v1 this is my Skill and everyone at Meduli Beach Knows that on my Beach I am undefeated in 1v1. I just beat Anabolic Assman in 1v1 in game other day. Ahhh pats belly: There we go, another scrub crossed off the list who thought he was too good. Our entire guild you say LOL that was me and 2 of the boys checking out Vadda for the day. After we won the 2v2 you guys called your entire zerg online and tried keeping us in town but we had no gear left since that isn't one of our cities we stay in. We literally Beat Turik Naked in the GY XD

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
They removed flurrying because, due to the unavoidable de-sync in this game, it is unblockable if the ping difference is too high.

fast attacks are not skillful, they are litteraly impossible to block because by the time your opponent sees them, youve already hit him. It is not skill that allows you to kill, its abusing the shitty latency.

SV didnt fix de-sync. They slowed everything down so its not as obvious.And all of a sudden….everyone is able to parry forever. But now everyone is sad, and want the fast, unblockable spam fest that was before. Besically abusing prediction.

just be happy that more people can enjoy melee combat now that they can actually parry. Unlike before when the only strategy was who could abuse prediction the most.
It’s amazing that this post can have 6 likes despite the fact that I refuted it and it isn’t at all accurate.
The person who posted it didn’t even contest what I said lol

to be clear the game existed in a state where it was easy to parry and flurrying existed.

Little bit of ping normalization was needed thats it and combat was actually pretty close to perfect.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
It’s amazing that this post can have 6 likes despite the fact that I refuted it and it isn’t at all accurate.
The person who posted it didn’t even contest what I said lol

to be clear the game existed in a state where it was easy to parry and flurrying existed.

Little bit of ping normalization was needed thats it and combat was actually pretty close to perfect.

Well perhaps the reason why more people liked my post is because more people experienced what i did, as opposed to what you experienced.

what you experienced were optimal conditions. Good for you, you were one of the lucky ones. Sadly, a lot more people experienced the opposite of that. They experienced heavy de-sync. And with it, the complete inability to block or parry anything that could be spammed super fast. Which in turn pushed everyone to use fast weapons in order to abuse prediction.

further more, the fact that SV changed things also reflects the fact that more people were unhappy with the de-sync, as opposed to happy with how it worked. Otherwise they wouldnt have changed anything.

and its still there by the way. Just a mild version, in large part due to the fact that people cant spam super fast anymore.

the average melee experience has definitely improved, even if at the cost of the elite experience which suffers now due to the slowing of it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Well perhaps the reason why more people liked my post is because more people experienced what i did, as opposed to what you experienced.

what you experienced were optimal conditions. Good for you, you were one of the lucky ones. Sadly, a lot more people experienced the opposite of that. They experienced heavy de-sync. And with it, the complete inability to block or parry anything that could be spammed super fast. Which in turn pushed everyone to use fast weapons in order to abuse prediction.

further more, the fact that SV changed things also reflects the fact that more people were unhappy with the de-sync, as opposed to happy with how it worked. Otherwise they wouldnt have changed anything.

and its still there by the way. Just a mild version, in large part due to the fact that people cant spam super fast anymore.

the average melee experience has definitely improved, even if at the cost of the elite experience which suffers now due to the slowing of it all.
My question for you is.

Since it is a fact that people complained about parrying being too easy since the inception of MO 2.

Is it possible for something to be too easy and impossible simultaneously?

I'll concede that the lack of ping normalization doesn't bode well for my argument, but you can fix a rat infestation without hitting them with a few tonnes of dynamite.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
My question for you is.

Since it is a fact that people complained about parrying being too easy since the inception of MO 2.

Is it possible for something to be too easy and impossible simultaneously?

I'll concede that the lack of ping normalization doesn't bode well for my argument, but you can fix a rat infestation without hitting them with a few tonnes of dynamite.

if we all had the same connection, same ping, same rigs, same everything then yes, you could make parrying a lot harder to do( smaller time window/smaller cone/more timing dependent). that would raise the skill level required to take no damage. This would favour an aggressive play style, and turtling would be only for the super skilled.

however, since its practicly impossible withthe 1 server thing, you have to do the best you can taking in consideration that there will probably be 100+ ping difference on average between combatants, and the biggest problem with high ping disparity is blocking, not hitting. Its not skill if somebody hits you before you can even see him move. Its bull shit.

Now, your argument is that they favoured defensive play style over offensive style. But i disagree, they tried to fix the problem, which was having enough time to even see an attack. Hitting wasn't a big problem.

my argument is that is better to have the problem that is easy to parry, than not being able to at all.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
if we all had the same connection, same ping, same rigs, same everything then yes, you could make parrying a lot harder to do( smaller time window/smaller cone/more timing dependent). that would raise the skill level required to take no damage. This would favour an aggressive play style, and turtling would be only for the super skilled.

however, since its practicly impossible withthe 1 server thing, you have to do the best you can taking in consideration that there will probably be 100+ ping difference on average between combatants, and the biggest problem with high ping disparity is blocking, not hitting. Its not skill if somebody hits you before you can even see him move. Its bull shit.

Now, your argument is that they favoured defensive play style over offensive style. But i disagree, they tried to fix the problem, which was having enough time to even see an attack. Hitting wasn't a big problem.

my argument is that is better to have the problem that is easy to parry, than not being able to at all.
My question and I don’t feel you addressed it at all.
Is that since early alpha it has been considered too easy to parry and it has since been buffed countless times. How can it be impossible as of jul 13 2020
and yet extremely possible as seen here.

Patwins considered by most here to be very good

Actually as you can tell here the attacks were way slower. What they actually did was slow down the skill cap. Turn caps, parry delays, movement speed, no flurrying, stam penalties.

Right now the charge speeds are actually blazing fast, because that's what suits some people in their echo chambers.

Last edited:

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Tried telling them for way to long again but alas brown nosers got to them like last time. Sad times.
Yeh, it sucks. I was really hoping to get a feel of 2010 - 2013ish MO1 combat mechanics in MO2. With some of the technical improvements of mid - late MO1, just with more polish & stability. But what we have is an even more extreme jump in combat design, compared to what we experienced from early MO1 to late MO1.

Reactions: ThaBadMan