Add Moment of Vulnerability after Parry

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
It's possible to Parry your entire stamina Bar for myself and some of my dueling partners. I think a lot of the Vets are at this level as well. It's honestly not hard to do or even impressive, so to land a hit you basically cheese the animations and try to hide your arm from your opponent, it's the only way unless your opponent messes up and you catch them with a bait. Or maybe you could add a Skill called Trade Offense that increases Speed of your attack while opponent is attacking and adds a tiny bit of chip damage? Just my 2 cents, people keep telling me Mordhau combat is similiar to Mortal but doesn't let you parry a lot or something.

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
Parrying is really the be all and end all of defending yourself in melee and it's too strong. Time to kill is unbelievably high and the only offensive options for fighters are cheesy tactics. I understand that morphing your animations with you character is skill expression, but I really hate that it is the only offensive tactic available and the contrast with how impossible it is to defend yourself from magic. It's pretty unrewarding design to have hitscan hit for 40-70 but it is genuinely unfeasible for a fighter that has to manage offense, defense, range, and stamina to get meaningful damage off.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
They need to bring back flurrying.
It was removed by some super bias feedback from defensive players

remove all penalties related to attacking of which there are many that people don’t even realize are there.

movement speed should be adjusted back upwards as well

• Wow
Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Parrying is really the be all and end all of defending yourself in melee and it's too strong. Time to kill is unbelievably high and the only offensive options for fighters are cheesy tactics. I understand that morphing your animations with you character is skill expression, but I really hate that it is the only offensive tactic available and the contrast with how impossible it is to defend yourself from magic. It's pretty unrewarding design to have hitscan hit for 40-70 but it is genuinely unfeasible for a fighter that has to manage offense, defense, range, and stamina to get meaningful damage off.
I mean it's not even a expression of skill tbh. You learn all the tricks by having yourself and a dueling partner look at each other... "Okay Can you see this attack is a Overhead or a Right Slash" lol that's how we practiced, it's so ridiculous. Then when u test it out on other players some of these "Trick Shots" as we call them, will work winning you a easy battle. But against players of the same skill we are back to Square 1 with parrying until our stamina bars are gone, honestly it is more fun beating like a Average fighter over someone as equal skill because at least then they take hits and die. But no one I know really enjoys high end Melee PvP combat, Seems every other guild has already switched over to Mounted Playstyles.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
They need to bring back flurrying.
It was removed by some super bias feedback from defensive players

remove all penalties related to attacking of which there are many that people don’t even realize are there.

movement speed should be adjusted back upwards as well
Wait wtf Flurrying was removed? Interesting... So is that why by design only Swords and perhaps Warhammers can Flurry because of Charge timers? When I say Flurry I am speaking of Feinting Quickly the way most sword users do. Was it possible to Flurry was like a Sledgehammer before or a Axe? Are you speaking of a different meaning of Flurrying?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Somebody who is more liked then me on these forums should make a Voting Poll about how we would like some combat changes with parrying, defense, and attack. That will get Starvault behind this if they see a lot of people vote.

Reactions: Tzone

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
And somebody pressure Henric into telling us when we will get Melee Special Attacks! A specific Date or something! Tired of waiting on this.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Wait wtf Flurrying was removed? Interesting... So is that why by design only Swords and perhaps Warhammers can Flurry because of Charge timers? When I say Flurry I am speaking of Feinting Quickly the way most sword users do. Was it possible to Flurry was like a Sledgehammer before or a Axe? Are you speaking of a different meaning of Flurrying?
Flurrying was more like this.

Now with parry delays and miss penalties and other nonsense having a left click oriented combat style is very limited

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
Are you speaking of a different meaning of Flurrying?
Flurries IMO are what players like Snasen do. Going aggressive throwing multiple swings, often not fully charged to land hits and mess people's parries up. It was effectively removed when the delay after missing a swing was added because if you missed one swing it stopped your offensive onslaught. He would hit for 8s and 10s but because he was so quick with it he could destroy people.

• Wow

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Flurries IMO are what players like Snasen do. Going aggressive throwing multiple swings, often not fully charged to land hits and mess people's parries up. It was effectively removed when the delay after missing a swing was added because if you missed one swing it stopped your offensive onslaught. He would hit for 8s and 10s but because he was so quick with it he could destroy people.
They need to add that back instead of lowering the already not that high skill ceiling

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That amongst other things as well but yes. There is also a delay on charging a new swing after you GET parried. This is completely unnecessary since parries are strong and its killed flurrying as well.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Flurrying was more like this.

Now with parry delays and miss penalties and other nonsense having a left click oriented combat style is very limited

So the fast attacks yes I see. I am really hoping the Special Attacks for the melee weapons allows for a extra quick attack that can be used immediately after a swift or charge attack. I'm hoping Sledgehammers and Mauls will be able to Break Block and Deal damage through it as well.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Bro, not to be too harsh. The only thing you really displayed in this video is that you shake really hard and have a really hard time aiming at your opponents. There was zero technique in the video I'm sorry lol.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Bro, not to be too harsh. The only thing you really displayed in this video is that you shake really hard and have a really hard time aiming at your opponents. There was zero technique in the video I'm sorry lol.
You talkin to me?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I'm not trying to impress anyone just show a combat style that i'd like to see return.

maybe this would be better, I didn't exactly prepare to have to be talking about this 7 years in the future.

To be clear i'm just trying to answer the guys question on what is flurrying.

Last edited:

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I just don't get why the combat HAS to be slow.

If it's going to cause """""issues"""" similar to MO1, I honestly wouldn't care.

Henrik refuses to budge off of the single server idea.

- Water combat.
- Faster combat.
- Punch through with blunt weapons.
- Better weapon diversity.
- Better one handed weapons.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
They removed flurrying because, due to the unavoidable de-sync in this game, it is unblockable if the ping difference is too high.

fast attacks are not skillful, they are litteraly impossible to block because by the time your opponent sees them, youve already hit him. It is not skill that allows you to kill, its abusing the shitty latency.

SV didnt fix de-sync. They slowed everything down so its not as obvious.And all of a sudden….everyone is able to parry forever. But now everyone is sad, and want the fast, unblockable spam fest that was before. Besically abusing prediction.

just be happy that more people can enjoy melee combat now that they can actually parry. Unlike before when the only strategy was who could abuse prediction the most.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
They removed flurrying because, due to the unavoidable de-sync in this game, it is unblockable if the ping difference is too high.

fast attacks are not skillful, they are litteraly impossible to block because by the time your opponent sees them, youve already hit him. It is not skill that allows you to kill, its abusing the shitty latency.

SV didnt fix de-sync. They slowed everything down so its not as obvious.And all of a sudden….everyone is able to parry forever. But now everyone is sad, and want the fast, unblockable spam fest that was before. Besically abusing prediction.

just be happy that more people can enjoy melee combat now that they can actually parry. Unlike before when the only strategy was who could abuse prediction the most.
I'm not certain that I agree that it is at perfect equilibrium right now. That is, that it could not be any faster movement speed and attack speed wise as well as all mechanics parry delays, miss delays etc are perfectly balanced.

I think what you're citing is A problem. One that was fixed since the inception of MO 2 since people were saying it was easy to parry back then and indeed it was.

This is with fast movement speed and flurrying and was way more fun. Sure ping normalization wasn't fully implemented yet. That doesn't mean the removing of flurrying made any sense. The two don't logically follow like you're suggesting they do