Why does SV hate PvPers?

druez

Jan 9, 2022
New player to Mortal Online 2. Played PVP mmo's since UO. I was at Jungle Camp and buying books. Was riding back and had 5 different books on me. I was jumped on the road that runs along the river on the way out in the west of the Jungle. Two player killers setup to ambush on the road. I lost the fight and didn't get away. I lost over a 100 gold worth of stuff.

Guess, what I loved every minute of it. That 15 + minute run on a horse would of been so boring if I couldn't of been pked in the process. I had to manage my horse stamina; I had to be on the lookout. I had to take that risk. Now, if I would of gotten the books to a town, I could of turned a real nice profit. Risk vs Reward.

I love pvp and sandbox. PK's can't be punished to a point where they don't want to play. The idea of a band of PK's patrolling certain areas is what makes this game great. I would love it if some of the pk's gave the option of paying a toll to pass through unmolested, but either way. I loved that experience of dying.

I do think "general" life of a PK should be harder then a "blue". They shouldn't be able to go into towns freely. Being a PK, (I've been one in my past, generally leads to a pretty good life of rewards), but freedom is one thing they should be lacking when it comes to rezzing and traveling around. Lawlessness should be frowned upon in the game world.

I think there needs to be some kind of "medical" skill maybe that can rez players, so it isn't only mage can do it? But, make it cost a good amount of skill points to do so.

Anyway, it has been years since I've felt that risk/reward and I love it.

Life of a PK should be hard, but it shouldn't feel artificially punished either.

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
New player to Mortal Online 2. Played PVP mmo's since UO. I was at Jungle Camp and buying books. Was riding back and had 5 different books on me. I was jumped on the road that runs along the river on the way out in the west of the Jungle. Two player killers setup to ambush on the road. I lost the fight and didn't get away. I lost over a 100 gold worth of stuff.

Guess, what I loved every minute of it. That 15 + minute run on a horse would of been so boring if I couldn't of been pked in the process. I had to manage my horse stamina; I had to be on the lookout. I had to take that risk. Now, if I would of gotten the books to a town, I could of turned a real nice profit. Risk vs Reward.

It's a fun experience for *some* people, when it happens *occasionally*.

It's a totally different story when you end up just wasting hours repeatedly to die to random gankers.

And so far, as usual in games like this, it's a totally one sided equation.

The gankers get to show up at hotspots whenever they feel like it, kill whoever, and go bank the loot. They rarely are risking *anything* of their own, short of 1 set of gear.

The *only* people taking actual risks are the blue players.

In order to change the risk/reward calculus, there needs to be a system where murderers and bandits can easily be *tracked* at all times when they have X number of murder counts.

Then they get a taste of being the hunted.

Feb 10, 2022
You sound like an ignorant, coward, punk beyotch that never murdered a person in RL
You sound like an ignorant, who doesnt even understand that he is on video GAME forum.
if it happened to you in reality keep it with yourself nobody should cares IN VIDEO GAME about your life experience

You just like to do it video games
Yes, genius

In the real world there is consequences for shit like that. In this video game it should be no different. If you want to be a bandit and murder innocent people who can’t fight back then you need to be punished some how.
It's middle age video game, not present time, not sci-fi
mayb punish people for even trying?

open history book and read how it was hundreds years ago

This is what Henrik means by consequences.
New pve mantra is here

People have disabilities, trauma from military, and all sorts of underlining issues that make PvP uninteresting and even though it’s an MMORPG with open world PvP
Again who the fuck cares or should care about your problem in reality
it's FOOL LOOT SAND BOX

there are still thousands of players who want to play non aggressively.
It's your choice, nobody push you to play different style

You need to grow up and accept that fact.
Mayb you need to grow up to understand that you cant teach people in internet and push them to your style of playing?

Reactions: CrgHck

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
It's your choice, nobody push you to play different style

that isn't really true.

the playstyle of the game will follow the playstyle of the game of the majority of the playerbase -- and gankers / griefers tend to drive away everybody *except* other gankers / griefers.

which is why *usually* games like this devolve into pure gankfests & deathmatch pvp

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
that isn't really true.

the playstyle of the game will follow the playstyle of the game of the majority of the playerbase -- and gankers / griefers tend to drive away everybody *except* other gankers / griefers.

which is why *usually* games like this devolve into pure gankfests & deathmatch pvp

ah so you want to change game for majority to make more favor for minority?
I see

It was never death match pvp

Feb 10, 2022
that isn't really true.
really?

except trade guilds (always respect ICH because they never cry about pk and asking to buff trading)
except apk guild (plenty of them)
except players that knows that there is no permadeath and you can ressurect
to many exception, no?

what games?
mortal not a new game to make decisions like - oh if you would kill, they will go

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
what games?
mortal not a new game to make decisions like - oh if you would kill, they will go

it's harder to list full loot mmo's that *didn't* become gankfests, because *most* of them I've ever played do.

(most recently for me was albion online)

Feb 10, 2022
it's harder to list full loot mmo's that *didn't* become gankfests, because *most* of them I've ever played do.

(most recently for me was albion online)
mortal not a new game to make such prognoses

how long do you play mo?

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
mortal not a new game to make such prognoses

how long do you play mo?

that's why a lot of people are looking at mortal 1 for an example of one potential future for this game (a repeat I would prefer to avoid)

i've only played this game a few months now, but I can clearly see the same history evolving as in many other full loot mmo's

Reactions: Najwalaylah

druez

Jan 9, 2022
It's a fun experience for *some* people, when it happens *occasionally*.

It's a totally different story when you end up just wasting hours repeatedly to die to random gankers.

And so far, as usual in games like this, it's a totally one sided equation.

The gankers get to show up at hotspots whenever they feel like it, kill whoever, and go bank the loot. They rarely are risking *anything* of their own, short of 1 set of gear.

The *only* people taking actual risks are the blue players.

In order to change the risk/reward calculus, there needs to be a system where murderers and bandits can easily be *tracked* at all times when they have X number of murder counts.

Then they get a taste of being the hunted.

It beats the alternative which is "flagged" pvp or no open world pvp. I would rather be ganked then play a game with flagging. Though, I do agree it should be a hard life to be murderer. I wouldn't mind the concept of only a few spots to rez in the world. In UO you could only rez at the Chaos shrine or if someone rezzed you with a spell.

I also liked the stat loss option on death for murderer when they died as well. There has to be some kind of punishment, because you are correct they do have the advantage of showing up to areas when they feel like it and in general control the narrative of the initial engagement.

Feb 10, 2022
that's why a lot of people are looking at mortal 1 for an example of one potential future for this game (a repeat I would prefer to avoid)
i dont want to re write again and again same things

mo died because of bad planning, bad polarity changes, lack of balance, late fixing bad patches, glitches
and hundred of other things that were only promised

you can find my thread here and read it
even announce of mo2 was verrrryy bad

before they did announced we had week of rumors
people would still play mo1

i've only played this game a few months now, but I can clearly see the same history evolving as in many other full loot mmo's

that is another problem
no need to guess why mo1 died, if you never been there..

people came here they cant see big picture, they doesnt know why we have this or that but they know how to make this game better

dont need to make hypothesis, mortal would b fine if sv will love it more than kittens3d

if they remove fullloot i bet we will get way more people but who cares about numbers in that case, it will b another game
there will b no griefers, pk and a lot of things, must be sounds like paradise for you.

but mortal is a full loot game we would never have numbers as wow and other giants, and we dont need these numbers.. need to understand that

all griefers, pk, apk, thiefs and all it's a part of big picture if you change one it will affect all

all "bad" things create conflict for all players
conflict is good for your emotions, just like in movies, books and all stuff we doing for fun
if you take out conflict you will feel boring in a minute
(ofc there must b people who can read or watch something without it but i never meet them )
all what you want to make less conflict - less emotion, sterilize mo

Feb 10, 2022
If you would have watched the video, you would know that Henrik said himself MO1 was too much of a gank fest
if you would read what i wrote, you would understand that henrick cant see his own mistakes

i was on stream
good luck, buddy

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
if you would read what i wrote, you would understand that henrick cant see his own mistakes

i was on stream
good luck, buddy

Sorry, I didn't assume you would really think you would have better information about the state of a game than the developers, who have all the data one can possibly have.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Every time I tried that so far got me killed, even after riding 20 minutes into the middle of nowhere. At some point there was always some bored guy and seemingly there is no punishment for killing someone far away from a village.
Don't live in Fabernum ez fix.

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021

well, the thing is that many of us who already have experience from similar games share henriks viewpoint, and not yours

just because you have a conflicting opinion doesn't make you right, obviously.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Funny how i never got ganked near Jungle Camp while it was still red. Maybe not going there alone has something to do with it hmmm...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Litterall have a entire market of carebear mmos that can cater you but you need this one to also cater to you all.

Like can we just have one game that PvPers can play. All these people who cry about ganking and deathmatch this or that have other options. As soon as you log in you are consenting to PvP. You cant cry it was not far I was ganked because you should have been paying attention. You have the tools and methods to win and not get ganked.

Only reason this game exist right now is because PvPers dont have a home and we supported and rose it up. We are willing to make some concessions but the non PvErs cant tolerate not having full control and will ride this game into the ground like aways. You cant satiate the carebears thought so compromising will not work. You just have to have it balanced enough that some RPers and PvErs with a appropriate mental outlook can play the game.

All comes down to people do not have the mental fortitude to survive outside of non PvP games. They dont want consequences for losing in PvP, and they the game to punish those for killing them. They get killed one time and they rage out, it not about how many times they were killed on a regular basis. Just one time is too much.

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
Litterall have a entire market of carebear mmos that can cater you but you need this one to also cater to you all.

this is a complete strawman of an argument.

i've been playing hardcore pvp mmo's since the early 2000's that were text based.

there are plenty of people here who played UO, or SWG, or MUDs, or EQ 1, or any number of hardcore games.

you just can't handle the fact that we're hardcore gamers too, and our opinion is different than yours

but the most important facet of this conversation is whether it is factually *true* or not that gankfest games drive players away.

I'd say it is already extremely evident from the history of dozens of games like this that unfettered murdering and ganking *does* hurt the game long term.

Reactions: Archiel