Why does SV hate PvPers?

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Like many people I was interested in MO2 because I loved MO1. MO1 had many issues over the years but one of the reasons it was such a beloved game is because it catered to hardcore PvP players like no other MMORPG. In fact, I believe that MO1 inspired some of the popular multiplayer survival open full loot pvp games that became popular this past decade.

Let's talk about some of the changes made in MO2 that have been direct attacks on the PvP playstyle, almost none of which have been addressed at all as serious concerns despite being brought up numerous times by the more hardcore fans of this game. Feel free to add in any that you've seen I managed to miss.

-No Murderer titles in MO2. In MO1 you had all these really cool titles like 'the Wicked' or 'Dreadlord' for killing innocent players. While other titles have been ported over, you will not find any for murderers. While this is not a vital game mechanic, it was a really cool feature to be 'the bad guy.'
-Guards are incredibly overpowered. In fact they have gone through several rounds of buffs. In MO1 you could easily solo a Lictor guard in 1v1. In MO2 they kill you in one, maybe two hits if you're very tanky. It's harder to parry that first hit too since the animation starts when they teleport to you. Elite Guards will aimbot you for 150+, so they will also 1-2 shot you with an arrow that never misses.
-Rep system essentially saw an overhaul to make it much more difficult to farm reputation. This sucked, it made things tedious but we PKers accepted it because we're trying to work with Star Vault as they create a new, "less toxic" environment.
-Now we can't resurrect anywhere. Two towns that are lawless towns- not a guard in sight- lost their red priest. Major towns lost their red priest or had them moved much, much further away. ALL dungeons no longer have red priests. Why on earth would you change the last couple things- do you not want us PvPing at hotspots, or in the far lawless corners of the map?
-No cool red nameplates for PKers
-WarDec system has NO forced Wardecs, meaning only consent for pvp. Why even bother with the system, then?

So what is this all for? Where has it gotten us? Well, now PvPers are going to stick to more populated areas since they can't resurrect in the places that would normally be for "pvp hotspots" such as every dungeon on the map. PvPers are going to be killing your mount/pet and then leaving, because killing you isn't worth running parcels for 20 minutes. To control unwanted players, it's easier to leave them stranded without a horse. Killing and looting them isn't worth it, which makes the gameplay experience frustrating and boring for BOTH parties.

StarVault, you have gotten this franchise as far as you have because you have a group of dedicated, hardcore pvp players. If I want to go kill bosses and do dungeons, Mortal Online 2 is not the first game I think of. Frankly, it's boring without the risk of pvp. Without player competition, why bother- with anything?

I think it's time for another uprising in the PvP community. We have been very well behaved these last several weeks, leaving noobs alone, not "griefing" the new and growing playerbase. No more. It's time to get dirty, get nasty. What are we playing nice for? So that PvPers can continue to be marginalized? No thanks, man. It's time for us to take our game back.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I dont think the priest change will be a big issue later, but I dont understand why they did it without having the other systems in place that he mentioned such as house priests, lawless areas, etc.

Its just classic SV adding 10% of an idea and it just not working well. There should have been one big update with all those things included.

As for the murder titles, those were just like any other title in the game and just cheese farmed so idc too much about those personally. They were cool though.

And it also makes having a res mage even more vital. In MO1 it was really only used for PvE.

Those are just my first impressions. They could change. I love PvP as much as anyone, but we should all agree that being RPK in MO1 was the only way. I dont hate them trying to make things less "slaughter everyone you see, including the GY noobs collecting heads bc why not".

Again, the priest change alone doesn't make sense. But in the future it may be fine.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I dont think the priest change will be a big issue later, but I dont understand why they did it without having the other systems in place that he mentioned such as house priests, lawless areas, etc.

Its just classic SV adding 10% of an idea and it just not working well. There should have been one big update with all those things included.

As for the murder titles, those were just like any other title in the game and just cheese farmed so idc too much about those personally. They were cool though.

And it also makes having a res mage even more vital. In MO1 it was really only used for PvE.

Those are just my first impressions. They could change. I love PvP as much as anyone, but we should all agree that being RPK in MO1 was the only way. I dont hate them trying to make things less "slaughter everyone you see, including the GY noobs collecting heads bc why not".

Again, the priest change alone doesn't make sense. But in the future it may be fine.
Again SVs number one issue is half implementation of systems.

Im not going to pay a sub for a game that every other patch breaks the entire game. using my free subs to kill as many people out of the game then not subbing up.

Henrik doesnt play so he doesnt care how bad the game gets. dont worry henrik well tell you its fine that hes mismanaging the game and that in the future when its "fixed" come on back. Just gross utter lack of respect from Henrik towards his players.

My issue is not the priest or just the priest its the totally lack of respect for his players putting us through half implemented systems as well as the incompetence that comes with not playing his own game so he doesnt know how to properly make changes.

Reactions: Bicorps

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020

Yeah but.. like you said, like any other title in the game. I could become a murderer on my alt and farm him for title kills right now. Just seems like there's no good reason to do away with it, but the intent is clear: they don't want to reward people who murderer blues.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Yeah its just stoopid dumbass SV logic, add horses carry weight limit but not horse bags.

Remove red priests but don't have TC or house priests xD

Nobody will ever understand how they make every single thing backwards. Any person anticipate and predict shit to plan ahead, this dudes never managed to do that. At all.

Reactions: Bicorps

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like many people I was interested in MO2 because I loved MO1. MO1 had many issues over the years but one of the reasons it was such a beloved game is because it catered to hardcore PvP players like no other MMORPG. In fact, I believe that MO1 inspired some of the popular multiplayer survival open full loot pvp games that became popular this past decade.

Let's talk about some of the changes made in MO2 that have been direct attacks on the PvP playstyle, almost none of which have been addressed at all as serious concerns despite being brought up numerous times by the more hardcore fans of this game. Feel free to add in any that you've seen I managed to miss.

-No Murderer titles in MO2. In MO1 you had all these really cool titles like 'the Wicked' or 'Dreadlord' for killing innocent players. While other titles have been ported over, you will not find any for murderers. While this is not a vital game mechanic, it was a really cool feature to be 'the bad guy.'
-Guards are incredibly overpowered. In fact they have gone through several rounds of buffs. In MO1 you could easily solo a Lictor guard in 1v1. In MO2 they kill you in one, maybe two hits if you're very tanky. It's harder to parry that first hit too since the animation starts when they teleport to you. Elite Guards will aimbot you for 150+, so they will also 1-2 shot you with an arrow that never misses.
-Rep system essentially saw an overhaul to make it much more difficult to farm reputation. This sucked, it made things tedious but we PKers accepted it because we're trying to work with Star Vault as they create a new, "less toxic" environment.
-Now we can't resurrect anywhere. Two towns that are lawless towns- not a guard in sight- lost their red priest. Major towns lost their red priest or had them moved much, much further away. ALL dungeons no longer have red priests. Why on earth would you change the last couple things- do you not want us PvPing at hotspots, or in the far lawless corners of the map?
-No cool red nameplates for PKers
-WarDec system has NO forced Wardecs, meaning only consent for pvp. Why even bother with the system, then?

So what is this all for? Where has it gotten us? Well, now PvPers are going to stick to more populated areas since they can't resurrect in the places that would normally be for "pvp hotspots" such as every dungeon on the map. PvPers are going to be killing your mount/pet and then leaving, because killing you isn't worth running parcels for 20 minutes. To control unwanted players, it's easier to leave them stranded without a horse. Killing and looting them isn't worth it, which makes the gameplay experience frustrating and boring for BOTH parties.

StarVault, you have gotten this franchise as far as you have because you have a group of dedicated, hardcore pvp players. If I want to go kill bosses and do dungeons, Mortal Online 2 is not the first game I think of. Frankly, it's boring without the risk of pvp. Without player competition, why bother- with anything?

I think it's time for another uprising in the PvP community. We have been very well behaved these last several weeks, leaving noobs alone, not "griefing" the new and growing playerbase. No more. It's time to get dirty, get nasty. What are we playing nice for? So that PvPers can continue to be marginalized? No thanks, man. It's time for us to take our game back.

If you're gonna grief people out of the gm, please do it on the main server. lol.

I don't think RPK was the only way in MO1, it was just too low pop. We never got to try it out w/ a healthy pop. I was mad at reds in mo1, but like I said the whole pvp thing was a dogshit lagfest (tho sometimes it worked, rarely.) It still is at least half-dogshit, sorry buds. Plus, I was always a solo so it's not like I could pk much even if I wanted to. I died surprisingly little for this RPK ONLY WAY, as a noncombat main who spent very much time out in the world. I don't think the MO level of pvp was wrong at all. I would much prefer that to THIS.

Now they have nothing left BUT pvp (again IMO) and it's a big chore. I'm perfectly capable of running parcels, but I reallllly don't wanna. I think their idea was to get rid of the meaningless slaughter pvp, but by nerfing near town pvp, they actually fucked themselves. Sucks if they did get rid of the priest at JC. I will forever have punching Diph. As someone who fought there a bit, it DID suck to have people just res over and over and have to camp them tho. It'd be cooler if they put like a 5-10 min timer on the priest, cuz people could pop back up really fast. That's why I let myself be camped there for awhile, knowing it would be over because the effort it takes to camp someone there is so much more than to just res. There has to be a better solution, tho.

Another thing that sucked @ JC is you could spawn in naked and pick fruits for books. :/

D

Dracu

Its gonna be fine, dont sweat it. Noob griefing will become a sport now its gonna be fun. We camp the priests, the graveyards, the towns. As long as SV treats us bad we will make sure to treat our fellow players just as bad to make aure everybody gets treated badly. Lets see who can hold out longer, the ppl running the newbie pve player slaughter house or the nonfactor pve players that just left haven.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Its gonna be fine, dont sweat it. Noob griefing will become a sport now its gonna be fun. We camp the priests, the graveyards, the towns. As long as SV treats us bad we will make sure to treat our fellow players just as bad to make aure everybody gets treated badly. Lets see who can hold out longer, the ppl running the newbie pve player slaughter house or the nonfactor pve players that just left haven.

Pro tip from yaboy: you're griefing yourself, too. But good luck lol. Be nice to see if you guys could organize some sort of a legit slaughter, be sure to tape it :eek: But I do think in the end it'll be a fool's errand. Remember the last person who talked about shit like that... PoisonArrows? Haven't seen them in forever.

It's like running for political office to change the world. You're not gonna change a system from within a system. it's just gonna be spreading hatred which, again life experience wise, does feel good at some moments, but in the end you are left feeling empty and as if your time was wasted.

I dunno why you guys played nice in the beginning anyway, the game was wack :/ You had a chance to cleanse nubs from the game who weren't gonna stay long term day1-2. Could have averted the crisis of sever if everyone wasn't rushing keeps.

But yea do you. I'd say don't get too riled up tho, my 'let's cleanse an instance of people trying to gear up for their mainland guilds!' was made in jest, not expecting much response, but well... I'm not gonna say it's impossible, I just think it's gonna be some short term luls.

It's not like "I fought the law and the law won," but it's like... "I fought the wall, and the wall won." Prol will make people quit, but at this point, there's no way you can impose more grief on players than already has been. WE SHALL SEE.

-Slaps money down! -

D

Dracu

Pro tip from yaboy: you're griefing yourself, too. But good luck lol. Be nice to see if you guys could organize some sort of a legit slaughter, be sure to tape it :eek: But I do think in the end it'll be a fool's errand. Remember the last person who talked about shit like that... PoisonArrows? Haven't seen them in forever.

It's like running for political office to change the world. You're not gonna change a system from within a system. it's just gonna be spreading hatred which, again life experience wise, does feel good at some moments, but in the end you are left feeling empty and as if your time was wasted.

I dunno why you guys played nice in the beginning anyway, the game was wack :/ You had a chance to cleanse nubs from the game who weren't gonna stay long term day1-2. Could have averted the crisis of sever if everyone wasn't rushing keeps.

But yea do you. I'd say don't get too riled up tho, my 'let's cleanse an instance of people trying to gear up for their mainland guilds!' was made in jest, not expecting much response, but well... I'm not gonna say it's impossible, I just think it's gonna be some short term luls. It's not like I fought the law and the law won, but it's like... I fought the wall, and the wall won. Prol will make people quit, but at this point, there's no way you can impose more grief on players than already has been. WE SHALL SEE.

-Slaps money down! -
Its ofc short term stuff. The game will die in a month anyways.

Reactions: Bicorps and Tzone

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Its ofc short term stuff. The game will die in a month anyways.

Isn't that somehow sad to you? Not saying what you do now is, as you said, affecting it in any way... but... isn't this somehow wack? I don't understand how we got here. I am in my feelings for a moment, apparently.

I'm getting some real Steam release vibes in here.

The funny thing is like I tried to tell everyone I could... the fact that they rebalanced the game to prevent steam release stuff from happening was SO DUMB. SO FUCKING DUMB. It was like a perfect storm of boredom and mad kids + spawning people in MK rofl. If they had just forgot about that and planned out MO2 more as if it never happened, it would have prol not been a parcel running game.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Players have been griefing noobs in the graveyards for a long time, some even put houses right next to them, it's because of this that we get these backwards ass changes, if a large chunk or the "PvP" community weren't exploiting everything they can to kill new players with minimal consequences then I doubt we would see these knee jerk reactions.
Believe it or not there is a large playbase that while not hating pvp, don't go looking for it and I would think to them a much larger concern would be the gross imbalance of the economy due to only select groups of players/guilds having a 3 week headstart on everyone else.

D

Dracu

Players have been griefing noobs in the graveyards for a long time, some even put houses right next to them, it's because of this that we get these backwards ass changes, if a large chunk or the "PvP" community weren't exploiting everything they can to kill new players with minimal consequences then I doubt we would see these knee jerk reactions.
Believe it or not there is a large playbase that while not hating pvp, don't go looking for it and I would think to them a much larger concern would be the gross imbalance of the economy due to only select groups of players/guilds having a 3 week headstart on everyone else.
Nah man, its not the players fault for these changes its 100% without a doubt Henriks fault he ordered it.

D

Dracu

Isn't that somehow sad to you? Not saying what you do now is, as you said, affecting it in any way... but... isn't this somehow wack? I don't understand how we got here. I am in my feelings for a moment, apparently.

The funny thing is like I tried to tell everyone I could... the fact that they rebalanced the game to prevent steam release stuff from happening was SO DUMB. SO FUCKING DUMB. It was like a perfect storm of boredom and mad kids + spawning people in MK rofl. If they had just forgot about that and planned out MO2 more as if it never happened, it would have prol not been a parcel running game.
SV doesnt seem to care to deliver a good game to the pvp crowd, so why should i care and feel sad about it? Ill have some fun and move on when i feel like it.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
PvP and noob/naked/new account ganking are 2 different things.

Ganking players near cites should not be low risk, with red priest near cites risks were too low.

Ganking in cites should also be heavily punished, because people would be killing defenseless players using npcs or apliances.

Later lawless towns will be added, and those will prob have Red priest in them, so if people want to pvp, they will have to do it with others that also want to pvp....

Or simply keep making a fortune out of gatherers by killging them when they transport materials, but this time there is risk involved.

Being able to kill gatherers/crafters with little risk was simply stupid.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Maybe they should just add some form of rez sickness to the game that weakens you so that players can't spend all day ragging on players, dying, reviving and repeating. Like every time you die a criminal you get 10% weaker for 45 minutes

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
PvP and noob/naked/new account ganking are 2 different things.

Ganking players near cites should not be low risk, with red priest near cites risks were too low.

Ganking in cites should also be heavily punished, because people would be killing defenseless players using npcs or apliances.

Why do you people keep pretending that the change only affects people ganking newbies? And how many times exactly were you killed using appliances in this game?!

Later lawless towns will be added, and those will prob have Red priest in them, so if people want to pvp, they will have to do it with others that also want to pvp....

The very fact that you bought this game means you want to PvP. This, or that you don't do a second of research before buying anything.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
SV doesnt seem to care to deliver a good game to the pvp crowd, so why should i care and feel sad about it? Ill have some fun and move on when i feel like it.

you're not understanding what I'm saying. You're also not being honest with your emotions. You are sad, too. I'm not saying your action is wrong, but the moving on part sucks. I'm sad that the game is in a trash state. And so are you! Whether or not you wanna admit it, you're just handling it a different way.

I'm not asking you to have pity on SV. I'm saying it's sad that MO2 is such a confused game. It's really starting to hit me. I logged into main and ran around a bit, but I wasn't like OHH I FINALLY GOT IN AFTER 2 WEEKS YEA. I just brought back a horse to sell, looked around a little, logged off to play NBA 2k.

Reactions: Serverus

Shamziebam

Feb 9, 2022

This

Reactions: Abuceb

Shamziebam

Feb 9, 2022
Why do you people keep pretending that the change only affects people ganking newbies? And how many times exactly were you killed using appliances in this game?!

The very fact that you bought this game means you want to PvP. This, or that you don't do a second of research before buying anything.

pvp is something different then stupidly ganking and griefing. When guilds are set/alliances are made, things get interesting for me and the group i am in, we are not interessted in stupid griefing of random lonely people or camping lawless towns because we can. PVP is so much more then the people bitching in this forum about. For the most of you pvp = being able to grief all over the server. I call that just being a lame person, nothing to do with real PvP