Why does SV hate PvPers?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I am not asking for a system that "judges" players. I am asking to make griefing more difficult. If you think about where griefing mostly occurs - nearby cities - one example would be to actually have some guard patrol the area so griefers need to be much more careful. Another possibility would be to give players a temporary stamina regen debuf as soon as they become grey so they can't just run away if things go south.
You can easily replace "grief" with pvp here. Because what it all does is punishes pvp.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
The only grief 'fix' I'd support is making pets immune to dmg in towns. Everything else, like I said, is fair play... including @ the appliances imo.

I am also not saying it can't be fair play. But there should be bigger potential consequences. :p

I mean, I watched a lot of people in the past few days just randomly killing player pets but never engaging in actual combat. Why exactly are they doing this? Is this supposed to be the fabled "PvP" people talk about? I mean, that is a rethorical question, I already know the answer. But I'd like to know what excuses people come up with.

You can easily replace "grief" with pvp here. Because what it all does is punishes pvp.

It punishes mindless killing and griefing of people that can't do shit about it anyways. While technically "PvP" it is hardly what most people imagine when they think about fighting other players. But if that is what you want have fun with the non-existent player retention. I do not know a game that made it long while allowing this shit to go unpunished. Basically all pvp centered games implemented full save zones sooner or later (and no, I am not advocating for save zones). Those that didn't failed, those that did too late failed, too.

Also, people are arguing they want "hardcore" PvP. Yet they cry when it becomes "hardcore" to force pvp on others. I am getting the feeling they only want it to be "hardcore" for the receiving end.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
SV doesnt seem to care to deliver a good game to the pvp crowd, so why should i care and feel sad about it? Ill have some fun and move on when i feel like it.
Dracu if you're being honest, Henrik has allowed you to enter town with 1000 murdercounts. How can you say hes mistreating the pvp crowd relative to the first game. Because you can't play completely blue with a 1000 murdercounts now?

Please explain it to me as I've known you since day 1 alpha and you were pretty interested in making a game thats fair to everyone.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Literally yes, in MO 1 5 murdercounts and guards wouldn't protect you. MO 2 they will.
That's not what i'm asking. Dude's saying people can't do shit about being griefed; now that's true about people griefing IN TOWNS but then guards are a problem and should be removed to reduce griefing. That's NOT true about griefing outside towns because you have the tools to stop it.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Sure seems that they hate PvPers. Henrik keeps telling people its not a PvP game even though thats the main content and only worth while content in the game. What has SV done for PvPer?
What they've done is make red players nearly completely blue up until this point.

Its the old addage, give an inch and they'll take a mile.

For the record I didn't want or ask for the change but any honest mortal player should see how the red/blue was completely unbalanced in the previous state.

Was the change not well thought out and half baked? Yes
Are there a million and one ways to do it better? Yes
Was the blue/red dynamic in any way balanced prior to this patch? No

Last edited:
Reactions: Archiel
Jan 28, 2022
Holy shit. I love how freaking soft all these "hardcore" pvpers are. "Things aren't the way I like, I'm going to throw a tantrum until it's what I like" 🤣

Reactions: Archiel

Tzone

May 16, 2021
What they've done is make red players nearly completely blue up until this point.

Its the old addage, give an inch and they'll take a mile.

For the record I didn't want or ask for the change but any honest mortal player should see how the red/blue was completely unbalanced in the previous state.

Was the change not well thought out and half baked? Yes
Are there a million and one ways to do it better? Yes
Was the blue/red dynamic in any way balanced prior to this patch? No
The system was fine outside of spawning issues like having worn shorties and no spawn cool down for repeated dying. The only other issue is that to get reliably PvP you go to towns to fight. That's not the PvPers fault, just bad design from SV which people were asking to be fixed for a very long time.

If you dont like dying learn to fight. Its that simple.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
And it was fine. MO2 had mostly positive reviews on steam and literally nobody complained about the red players. It was so OK that you could immediately tell that people talking about PvP toggle in discord just trolling.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The system was fine outside of spawning issues like having worn shorties and no spawn cool down for repeated dying. The only other issue is that to get reliably PvP you go to towns to fight. That's not the PvPers fault, just bad design from SV which people were asking to be fixed for a very long time.

That is certainly an opinion. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it.

I am comfortable saying that the previous system was at least 1 million times more favourable for reds than MO 1. If what we have now is balanced i'm inclined to say probably not and whether it was before i'm not certain either.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I am also not saying it can't be fair play. But there should be bigger potential consequences. :p

I mean, I watched a lot of people in the past few days just randomly killing player pets but never engaging in actual combat. Why exactly are they doing this? Is this supposed to be the fabled "PvP" people talk about? I mean, that is a rethorical question, I already know the answer. But I'd like to know what excuses people come up with.

boredom, adolescent rage. People are mad at priest changes. People don't have control of their life so they want to control shit on a game.

Some of the pvpers are toxic, even if they aren't killing pets. Some of the blues are toxic, even if they aren't pvping. People are toxic. lol. People are toxic on the internet. The internet enables toxicity. Forums are toxic. Forums have moderation to deal with toxicity.

That shit is not even on the same radar. That's not even really legit gameplay. IT has nothing to do with pvp. It has its use tho, sometimes. I mean, everything is pvp, but generally what people are talking about is not that when they say pvp.

I've always been a person that keeps to myself, more or less. I'd just like to know that I can do what I need to do. I want all tools available. The more they gimp pvp the more it favors people who invest massive time in the game so they can grief/pvp whatever. I don't want to have to invest massive time in the game to be able to do something as simple as fight someone. Pvp is actually fun, and losing your loot is just whatever. I lose loot a lot. lol. And I don't loot people unless I'm the only one there or unless someone was like "I can't carry anymore" w/e. If you play MO, you're not gonna be lacking in reasons to kill people, but I'm actually more interested in the competitive aspect of pvp.

I don't have murderous intent. When I fought people during beta I was high AF and having fun. I was cut off from caring about their feelings, and it's too bad cuz I prol cost some people some stuff. But w/e. Like when I play pvp on nba 2k I'm not worried about my match up's feelings. I'm gonna make him quit if I can. That's how real competition is IMO. But because of the nature of MO and because I know that people are really upset by pvp, you have to worry about it. There are many sides to this.

It's pretty easy to tell who is a kill everything on sight player just by their forum posting, and that playstyle ISN'T WRONG. Same with people who are really morally offended when they die. I mean, I don't PK people USUALLY lol because of the chance it could be someone. I'm not the kinda person who would be like oh shit look at this amazing loot I Came up on. I'd be like... oh wow sucks to be him, but it'd be a shame to let it sit here :eek:

That's why, as I've said, I wish you could just flag local grey and you'd stay that way. So everyone would know you were down for pvp. I'd do it, and I wouldn't be fighting everyone on sight. Cuz I'd still be doin' my thing and all, but sometimes you do kinda wanna fight people and wondering if it's someone who is gonna take it really hard sucks in a full loot pvp game. I can't convince myself (sober) that anyone on MO signed up for open loot pvp. But I wish they would get over it.

There is no shortage of people who deserve to die (for using pvp as a 'tool,' meaningful pvp w/e), but sometimes you just wanna fight someone. Obviously, if they are running or whatever that's one thing, but pvp really is the one thing this game has going for it now, and they really did blow it with the parcel system. The MC system was kinda wack, too, but people just AFK'd their MCs away.

There needs to be ways to separate a bandit, a soldier, a murderer, etc... but there isn't cuz no system can do that. That's why I think opening up pvp more and letting people handle it would be smarter. MO1 didn't have this many people. I think more people = more order.

There are all sorts of personality types on this game, but the pvp element is def something, and it shouldn't be as watered down as it is. You shouldn't have to have an alt, a red priest, etc if you wanna pvp. I realize I look at things differently than a lot of people, but I'm also willing to accept their different viewpoints. I'm used to MO1 people trying to kill me a lot. Even then, as I've said before, they didn't try that much, and I did alright considering I spent most of my time on a non-combat.

Reactions: VARG
D

Dracu

Dracu if you're being honest, Henrik has allowed you to enter town with 1000 murdercounts. How can you say hes mistreating the pvp crowd relative to the first game. Because you can't play completely blue with a 1000 murdercounts now?

Please explain it to me as I've known you since day 1 alpha and you were pretty interested in making a game thats fair to everyone.
There was one thing i was worried about and i mean really really worried about, and thats big changes that can and will fuck over your playstyle over night, out of nowhere and with no way of adapting for the ppl affected. I expected this to be race balance, but they went for the pvp in general. The priest change is one of those which can limited your gameplay immediatley, over night, without a way to adapt.

It is unbelievable insulting getting punished with this change, i for example lived in GK since the launch, day 1. And iam Red, because killing ppl in this area and they revive (even when reviving in GK) doesnt give rep loss but it does give murdercounts.

I think you said in best in an earlier post of yours, half assed system added. I would have expected a murdercount reset with these kind of changes and a roadmap to what we can expect, but we geet no warning no nothing here your gameplay is alot worse now and you can not adapt. I am very mad about this kind of behaviour.

Feels like the alpha/beta never endet. In alpha/beta i can accept this, but not after release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 28, 2022

Remind me who again was bitching about priest locations :ROFLMAO:

some people wanna be virtual badasses. Nothing really wrong w/ that, it creates interesting dynamics. Some people wanna be virtual dick heads.

The problem is, it doesn't. Because people who think they fall into the former, fall into the latter. And nothing about that is actually interesting. Sorry Edgelord #37, you're just not that unique.

The kids in here are a fucking riot though, some real leopards ate my face vibe happening. Mortal Online 2 is apparently a hardcore full loot pvp mmo until it turns out your actions have consequences (Something plenty of y'all have talked about) that you don't like then some of you guys feel personally attacked.

Fuck I forgot how entertaining forums could be

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
The kids in here are a fucking riot though, some real leopards ate my face vibe happening. Mortal Online 2 is apparently a hardcore full loot pvp mmo until it turns out your actions have consequences
Ooh guys you're so funny. Look, the real "griefers" in this game - those who slaugher noobs like they're given a penny for each - don't really care much about the change. For them it's a bit annoying that they can no longer ressurect right by the graveyard but really, they aren't allowed in the city anyway, because why running parcels when you can kill people in this time. They're probably doing just fine in Kranesh so why bother.

People who are the most affected by the change are small PvP - not necessarily RPK - guilds who don't have a spiritist always online. Many of their members do have 5+ murdercount without actually doing the RPK stuff. And they're effectively removed from blue towns by the change. What do you think they'll do? Welp, i believe many will simply decide to cross the line and begin the slaughter, because it's more profitable to have no rules and the downsides from doing so don't seem to be as bad anymore. Again, why run parcels if ressurection takes place 40 minutes away from town? Have a village closer to a priest, and then a blue alt to do the melting/refining and broker business.

What really happened here is that standing system stopped being a deterrant to RPK behaviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: VARG

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Again, at 12:26 Robmo said on the Community Announcements section on Discord:

Red Priest Changes

The dev team wanted me to inform you that next patch will have new red priests outside every keep.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Again, at 12:26 Robmo said on the Community Announcements section on Discord:

Red Priest Changes

The dev team wanted me to inform you that next patch will have new red priests outside every keep.
lol sv have poop in their head lmao

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
game broken until TC. no worth pvp.. we cant place priest yet.. how im supposed to play as red? walking 40min everytime? no ty

Jan 28, 2022
Many of their members do have 5+ murdercount without actually doing the RPK stuff. And they're effectively removed from blue towns by the change. What do you think they'll do?

So people too lazy to do the thing that would stop this from happening (parcels) and then are surprised that it is happening?
surprised-pikachu.gif

Last edited: