Why does SV hate PvPers?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I'm aware that you could access the banks but not much else. It varied from town to town.
I can use the grinder/crusher of most towns as a red even the one in fab which is in GZ. Just have to kill a guard sometimes.
Maybe even some stables if you kill the guard.

But I see a lot of player complain about how they cant get arrows and need fletching with the new priest. Mages regs are also very hard to get. Along with cooking tools.

Lots of stuff you just have to get lucky with loot boxes to get stuff like food.
Why would regular PVE players pay money to be constantly killed by gankers and griefers? Starvault recognized that and responded with MO2. Perfect !

Translated with Google because im from Germany :)
The PvE in this game isnt worth a sub. The only worthwhile content is PvP and is the driving force of the entire game.
Why would PvP players pay a sub to be harshly punished and treated like second class citizens in the game that they are the main player base.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Why would regular PVE players pay money to be constantly killed by gankers and griefers?
'cuz they don't read the description? Not doing any research before buying anything? Super entitled and think that every game should cater to them because BuT We ArE ThE MaJoRiTy? Not very smart? Masochistic?

I don't know the answer really.

Reactions: Bicorps and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Got to mention that if you pay attention to the map PvP still happens mostly around towns like it used too. Just look at the maps pvp pings daily and see how the priest changes did nothing to solve the problem.

The problem isnt that people are fighting outside of towns and there for the solution it to move the source of red players way from towns.
Its that the people the red players go to fight are all centralized at towns. Its the mcdonalds of PvP. Its like fast food. You know there will allways be kids to kill at town or near it. But the fights might not be so good because of guardzone fighting.

Morgenes

Jan 30, 2022
You guys are to hard trying to put the game into buckets.
You also don't seem to see the bigger picture for the success of the game.

Imho this game is more like a fantasy world simulation.
Does it contain PvP? Yes
Does it contain PvE? Yes
Is it (going to be) a sandbox? Yes

PvP should have consequences and risk/reward (balancing might be a bit off atm, but thats what MMORPGs are always, they shift their balance, its an ongoing process), same goes for PvE.

Should this game be a murder hobo PvP game? - HELL NO, you can play Battle royal or Arena PvP for this!
Should this game allow to be a murder hobo? - Yes, but this shouldn't be the way to go. Being a murder hobo should have clearly some downsides.

On the other side, PvP with intend should be supported more.
Most PvPers should get their PvP from "meaningful" PvP not ganking newbies at the graveyard or in front of town (why do you even do this, why do you get fun from taking the lollipop from a child. If you really want to have PvP there is GK, there is Kranesh, there are experienced people in JC, at the dungeons, at the keeps,... no need to hit little kids (newbies) in front of the town)

What do we need for this?
Guild Wars, Territory Control, Alliances, Alliance Wars
What can you do until then?
Go look for "real" PvP in GK and Kranesh, at the Spider Caves, at Risar Dungeons, at JC but not in front of Fab or Tin Sewers where the 10h per week (50h total) newbies need to stand against your 10h per day 7 days a week character.
Of course they are pissed. Of course you need to do something to protect them.
The newbie from today might be a worthy opponent in the future if you give him the chance to evolve and not break his legs before he even learned to walk straight.

It's like you go to the boxing gym and every day you enter, Tyson Fury is waiting to beat you up before you even get to the dressing room.
Not a good basis for a healthy grow of your gym.

The game supports Full Loot PvP like no other current open world game and you guys complain why there are some restrictions to protect newbies, because you do not want PvP, you want to beat up helpless people just like the bullies did with you back in you school time.

There are issues for sure. Some changes also went to far.
But as always in MMORPGs this might change, the game is far from being feature complete and balance and other stuff might change.

Also yes priests are miles away. Maybe to also fight griefer to be back in no time.
I am not up to date, but I liked the MO1 stat loss for reds more. Why was this removed?
In the end there needs to be some punishment for going red, is it few priests far aways from newbie areas or stat lost. I am fine with on or the other.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I'm aware that you could access the banks but not much else. It varied from town to town.
Tindrem slums - bank, veridari, vendors and stable
Meduli - bank and stables
Vadda - bank, stables, vendors, veridari
Bakti - stables, with some help vendors and bank
Mohki - bank, stable and some vendors
MK - Bank, stables some vendors
Fab - bank and stables
There was a lot you could do with the know how.

Last edited:

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
You have those in the game to get better at PVP??? Hello?

You PVE with the ultimate intention of PVP. It is a PVP focused game. PVP IS the endgame.

There are countless carebear PVE games out there, stop contaminating this one with your weakness. These PVErs are SO fucking greedy. You have ALL the games; give the PVPers their game and stop crying.
Didn't you make a thread crying about being priest camped....awkward

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
OMG i just decided to raise my reputation after a few days again and now realised that i've just spent 15 minutes of my life doing the MOST BORING QUEST EVER to buy myself a right to engage in xv1 pvp once. In a PvP game. If lucky i can xv2.

It goes against the sandbox design. What is a sandbox design? It is a design that empowers players, gives them freedom and agency. If i want a steel sword then i can go mine rocks, or i can go kill risars, or i can kill someone who just mined rocks or killed risars, or i can simply buy what i need with the gold i acquired with one of the many many ways of acquiring gold. If i want to raise my reputation however? Sorry, doing single fetch quest over and over and over and over again is the only possible way. It's a terrible grind for the right to pvp in this game. Crazy. CBA to do any more of those. I almost forgot how bad it is.

Reactions: Morgenes and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
OMG i just decided to raise my reputation after a few days again and now realised that i've just spent 15 minutes of my life doing the MOST BORING QUEST EVER to buy myself a right to engage in xv1 pvp once. In a PvP game. If lucky i can xv2.

It goes against the sandbox design. What is a sandbox design? It is a design that empowers players, gives them freedom and agency. If i want a steel sword then i can go mine rocks, or i can go kill risars, or i can kill someone who just mined rocks or killed risars, or i can simply buy what i need with the gold i acquired with one of the many many ways of acquiring gold. If i want to raise my reputation however? Sorry, doing single fetch quest over and over and over and over again is the only possible way. It's a terrible grind for the right to pvp in this game. Crazy. CBA to do any more of those. I almost forgot how bad it is.
The system was better at helping new player not get killed when you had to go kill risars which where far away from towns.
But people wanted punishments for PvP not solutions to protect noobs.

Making people leave town to beable to get the rep to PvP and still use towns got the wolves to leave the sheep along for a time. Now the wolves are told to go from one town to another to get rep. Which just ends up with wolves staying in the area and just killing people on the roads. Or the wolves grind out the most boring quest if they want to stockpile rep.
But if you stock pile enough rep then you could just kill people on the roads while doing parcels take their junk sell it and not lose rep basically.

But people are just upset that they are dying and want the game to get back at the people who fought them. GK isnt getting much PvP so we go to kran and other towns to roam and kill players as thats where people are centralized.

Morgenes

Jan 30, 2022

Im just getting into the game again, so sorry for this stupid question.
You can only raise your rep by doing those delivery quests now?

Or is it possible to raise it by killing bandits and risars in the same territory?

Imho a real good system would be to have stat loss + raise rep by time (people forget who you are after some time) and by killing the enemies of the factions (bandits, risars, spiders, sators)
Of course this needs to be balanced as it will not be a hurdle to go red if you can just grind your way back by killing a few bandits.

With this they could also get in more red priests again near the city.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im just getting into the game again, so sorry for this stupid question.
You can only raise your rep by doing those delivery quests now?

Or is it possible to raise it by killing bandits and risars in the same territory?

Imho a real good system would be to have stat loss + raise rep by time (people forget who you are after some time) and by killing the enemies of the factions (bandits, risars, spiders, sators)
Of course this needs to be balanced as it will not be a hurdle to go red if you can just grind your way back by killing a few bandits.

With this they could also get in more red priests again near the city.
you used to get rep by killing risars but they removed that when they added parcels. Back then parcels could roll a 0 and it was based on race too so thursars would have a very impossible time getting rep back. Killing risars was better for lowering the amount of PvP around towns.

henry0918

Nov 30, 2021
Why do you people keep pretending that the change only affects people ganking newbies? And how many times exactly were you killed using appliances in this game?!

The very fact that you bought this game means you want to PvP. This, or that you don't do a second of research before buying anything.
people like you are pathetic

you know that beside sweat lord like you there are normal people who would want to play it chill because they enjoyed this one world one server crowded design with a huge beautiful world right ?

pvp is something different then stupidly ganking and griefing.

When guilds are set/alliances are made, things get interesting for me and the group i am in,

we are not interessted in stupid griefing of random lonely people or camping lawless towns because we can.

PVP is so much more then the people bitching in this forum about.

For the most of you pvp = being able to grief all over the server / slaughtering gatherer hauling 500k clad

. I call that just being a lame person, nothing to do with real PvP….

Yea yea yea , sweat lord like you are real “ man “ in the game , usually I would just stand still and let you get it over with if I ran into jerks like you

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
you know that beside sweat lord like you there are normal people who would want to play it chill because they enjoyed this one world one server crowded design with a huge beautiful world right ?
Many MMOs have a "huge beautiful world" and let you play it chill. I mean hello? You're buying a MMO that says "full loot open world pvp" in the description and now you're upset that you can't play it chill?

And again, i don't kill "innocents" in MO2, i literally did it once in 4 months. But i like that there's lawless town camping and killing noobs in the GY and "griefing" lonely people. You don't get to police what is and what is not a "real PvP". Killing a naked noob 10v1 is as real as everything else. There was a conflict there was a fight (even if very short one), and someone dropped a lootbag. How is it not real PvP? Because it is not fair lmao? Think alliance wars are gonna be fair?

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I think people are upset the way they got killed. I mean 1 vs 1 is mostly okay. A 10 vs 1 is problematic. And killing a naked granum miner....
Sure the granum miner gets upset because its an unfair fight. Everyone will get upset in an very unfair fight or in a sneaky death.

Its difficult to find the balance between open PVP and 24/7 gank and grief online.

Lets see with what solution star vault will come up with xD

Reactions: Midkemma

Tzone

May 16, 2021
PvP is PvP, no difference not gnak. You agree to PvP when you log in. You should have made sure you logged out in a good and safe spot. And you shouldnt not pay attention when you mine then complain about "getting ganked"

You only got "ganked" because you were too lazy to have some situational awareness and were not paying attention. Nakeds are know to carry valuable items in their inventory, miners have mats that people dont want to have to mine them selves, or you have a sword that someone needs because weapons break so easily that you need mulitple of each.

If you go out naked to mine why should you not get killed for you stuff? You made bad choices for a reward against the risk and the risk got you.

Either AFK mine naked and dont complain or get some gear and keep your head on a swivel and still dont complain.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
PvP is PvP, no difference not gnak. You agree to PvP when you log in. You should have made sure you logged out in a good and safe spot. And you shouldnt not pay attention when you mine then complain about "getting ganked"

You only got "ganked" because you were too lazy to have some situational awareness and were not paying attention. Nakeds are know to carry valuable items in their inventory, miners have mats that people dont want to have to mine them selves, or you have a sword that someone needs because weapons break so easily that you need mulitple of each.

If you go out naked to mine why should you not get killed for you stuff? You made bad choices for a reward against the risk and the risk got you.

Either AFK mine naked and dont complain or get some gear and keep your head on a swivel and still dont complain.

And you agreed to spawn at a red priest when you became red and get kicked out of blue areas.

I think though it's completely meaningless to argue with you at this point.

You have a very personal opinion about what type of game this is supposed to be.
When somebody points out that even the developers have a different vision than you, you say that the devs are just wrong.

So it's basically impossible to argue with you, because you insist on stating your personal opinion as fact.

It's like you saying, that you like vanilla ice cream and somebody else is saying, that eating too much ice cream causes you to have diabetes. Instead of listening to that person, you just repeat over and over again that vanilla ice cream is the best ice cream and far better than chocolate ice cream

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022
I appreciate you @Wollkneul for pointing that out as well. Most of their arguments are cyclical and can just as easily be turned around on them and it riles them up a bit when you do that.

It's funny, if they had such a legitimate case they should be able to make legitimate arguments but instead they try some half assed arguments that anyone with more than a singular braincell could see is full of shit.

Just wait for the juicy (read: incredibly lazy and will probably be a joke) response

Reactions: Contorto