Why does SV hate PvPers?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Lol OK kid, go back to 1st grade math kid. Clearly you can't do simple division.

Look out for edgelord Tzone over here guys he can max out a timegated skills in 2 seconds lol.
You are clearly new to this game.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
LOL at these pvp'ers, many people and guilds are new to MO2, so they are still in the building up status, heck most haven't even played beta extensively. Then you have a very small group of cry babies that call them selves pvp'ers who moan and moan about this , screaming carebear this and that, go away because it's not going there way? I wonder who is more carebear, the so called pvp'ers here, who cry about everything or the carebears. You wanna pk people, fine, pk all you want, just don't cry about the consequences. You play an early acces, many things will change and be rebalanced, you act like this is a finished game, it's far from finished, heck, if you ask me the game is not even started for 1/10. Many skills don't work, almost every mechanic is half implemented, so be glad you can do your pk and have no consequences besides a far respawn, guess what, just don't die, problem solved.

pk'ing has no consequences, still no consequences, it became harder, fine it should be, be no care-bear and suck it up.
Dude you as generic as it comes :)
Yall repeat the same shit, im starting to think you kids ain't clones but actually the same person multi-client the forums lmao.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You are clearly the forum clown.
please have some substance to your argument instead of trying to engage in poorly executed attempts of ad hominum. Cant even call what you are attempting to do a attack because of its lacking in effectiveness.

You make claims about how long it takes to get heavy armor training when you don't need 100 for it and can get that 100 with just putting on heavy armor and swimming over night while you got every other skill up during the first day. Most builds only need 40 heavy armor if they are a fighter.

You are clearly new a long with your other tourist commits about the MA to foot balance. I bet I could find comments from you about how foot archers are OP which is another comment a lot of tourist are saying.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You can tell it's friday night! Got in w/ no Q as well, but logged off after awhile... bought feint. Saw a legion, chased him toward the tower a bit (not fast enough cuz clade to really get someone) til he turned around, said haha... logged off ;/

You guys keep doing U tho haha.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
PvPers enjoy PvP. If PvP was good in MO2 then PvPers would enjoy themselves playing the game. Having that takes effort and well work, easier choice would be to simply hate PvPers and not make PvP good.Its the SV way!

Reactions: Tzone and LordMega

RavSis

Feb 19, 2022
I don't know why the super hardcore PvP players are upset? You get your own towns where you can super hardcore PvP all you want. You also have the option of getting really good and simply not dying so respawn is not even required.

The only people that could possibly be upset are the people who don't want to PvP .. instead, they want to swarm and kill solo miners with little risk of a group of blue players showing up. What I have seen is those super hardcore PvP players seem to run when there is an actual fight.

I am actually really happy that you get the amazing experience to 'git gud' by spawning naked at a red priest being spawn camped. Its a great learning experience and really helps you have fun.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I don't know why the super hardcore PvP players are upset? You get your own towns where you can super hardcore PvP all you want. You also have the option of getting really good and simply not dying so respawn is not even required.

The only people that could possibly be upset are the people who don't want to PvP .. instead, they want to swarm and kill solo miners with little risk of a group of blue players showing up. What I have seen is those super hardcore PvP players seem to run when there is an actual fight.

I am actually really happy that you get the amazing experience to 'git gud' by spawning naked at a red priest being spawn camped. Its a great learning experience and really helps you have fun.
People have repeatedly explained that having MCs is a common thing and many people who only defend them selves or egauge in any sort of PvP. The Changes do not stop or even hinder the "hardcore PvPers", It hurts the player base at large since everyone gets MCs.

Its mainly just very annoying that they moved the priest after we built houses for thosands of gold and made it just made another annoying time sink to play the game.

Solo miners just dont want any risk when they free farm.

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
I haven't read the entire thread. I do not understand everything either, but maybe the answer is simpler. Maybe SV wants to teach murderers what a sandbox is? Because many murderers apparently forget that MO2 is not a pvp game, but a sandbox.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I haven't read the entire thread. I do not understand everything either, but maybe the answer is simpler. Maybe SV wants to teach murderers what a sandbox is? Because many murderers apparently forget that MO2 is not a pvp game, but a sandbox.
sandbox denotes that the players enforce the rules and consequences not the NPCs.

Reactions: Tashka

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Please stop. It has PvP all over it's steam page.

Now, quick search in google gives "a sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer". Which means that the more limitations are placed on characters - which includes limitations on PvP - the further away the game moves from being a sandbox.

The sentense ends with "allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will" - which too means a lot of PvP, because PvP is the most powerful too you can change the game world with.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
sandbox denotes that the players enforce the rules and consequences not the NPCs.
An why does that require PVP? Lol you sound like this clown called SmileyBone in BDO forums claiming that a game can't be a sandbox without PVP. Ever hear of minecraft much.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Ever hear of minecraft much.
Well yeah if we'll have freeform building and terraforming capabilities of minecraft in MO2 then maybe it will not need PvP or other players to be called a sandbox. Till then sorry but that SmileyBone dude was perfectly correct, that's how it works.

RavSis

Feb 19, 2022
This is still a 100% PvP game .. but I hope it is a PvP game where deaths and actions matter. Not just idiots who don't care about the community, logging on and killing 10 people while dying 15 meaningless deaths. Battles should have weight, and failure should have a high cost.

Just having 4 guys group up and zerg rush a mining area until they are killed is stupid. Having those 4 guys being able to shut down a dozen players' games while they rush the area over and over is not fun.

If you want to PvP and kill miners .. fine. Prepare for it. Get your group together, scout out the situation, and attack while avoiding getting killed. But remember, the medieval bandits didn't sit in nice houses in full steel armor and all the facilities of decent people. .. they huddled in caves and forests, dirty and poorly armed... because they were scum, and society treated them as such.

It is a PvP game .. and you chose to roleplay as a bandit? Great .. you should be treated just like the AI bandits and farmed for a few silver and your heads.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
This is still a 100% PvP game .. but I hope it is a PvP game where deaths and actions matter. Not just idiots who don't care about the community, logging on and killing 10 people while dying 15 meaningless deaths. Battles should have weight, and failure should have a high cost.

Just having 4 guys group up and zerg rush a mining area until they are killed is stupid. Having those 4 guys being able to shut down a dozen players' games while they rush the area over and over is not fun.

If you want to PvP and kill miners .. fine. Prepare for it. Get your group together, scout out the situation, and attack while avoiding getting killed. But remember, the medieval bandits didn't sit in nice houses in full steel armor and all the facilities of decent people. .. they huddled in caves and forests, dirty and poorly armed... because they were scum, and society treated them as such.

It is a PvP game .. and you chose to roleplay as a bandit? Great .. you should be treated just like the AI bandits and farmed for a few silver and your heads.
So you're asking the 4 guys to plan ahead and be careful but for miners it's ok to go alone and unprepared?
Medieval bandits could be well armed btw. Many of them were deserters or even actual knights.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
So you're asking the 4 guys to plan ahead and be careful but for miners it's ok to go alone and unprepared?
Medieval bandits could be well armed btw. Many of them were deserters or even actual knights.

Nobody is saying that the miners should be risk free. It should all have risks involved.

The miners risk loosing their shit.
The gankers risk loosing their reputation and access to cities.

What is wrong about that?

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
It has PvP all over it's steam page.

Mortal online FAQ
--------
What kind of game is Mortal Online 2?
Mortal Online 2 is a next generation, first-person, sandbox MMORPG set in a fantasy world.

In Mortal Online 2, players are never truly free from danger. There are no specific PvP or safe zones, only an open, realistic world where you are free to choose your own path. Experience true, real-time combat where outcomes are decided by skill rather than levels or gear.

Build your own house, create a guild, construct a keep and forge an empire. With enough power, violence or diplomacy, you and your allies may rule an entire nation.

Mortal Online caters to players of all shapes, sizes and playstyles. Become a legendary crafter whose goods are traded across the globe. Study the art of combat and become a famous warrior. Explore areas never before seen by other players. This is a world where your individual reputation is everything. No matter what path you decide to take, people will recognize you by the impact you’ve made on the world.
---------

PVP is important, but it is only one element of the sandbox as important as many others. Same as in RL. If you want to limit MO2 to pvp only, you will kill the game. You will lock it in a box of max 500 online and senseless fights. I don't think SV wants that. I think SV wants to build a real sandbox, but can't yet.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

this is the toxic thinking that is going to ruin MO2. Don't you realize you are basically advocating for what you hate, 'defenseless' people being griefed? Under the guise of what? "Serves you right." Nah, it's not good for anyone.

I don't feel like a lot of the people here understand the game, which is def sadface. It's especially sadface when they are happy with the mechanics (even leaving red priest aside) that punish players and suppress action (as I said in my action v inaction thread.) Nothing wrong w/ blue players zerging reds, that's intended. Or zerging crims, but the less crims there are to zergs or less reds there are running around that are actually geared and doing something, the less content said blues have.

It's like saying "the only person who could be enjoying this change is the type of person who likes to solo mine with zero risk." TBH, the whole game is off right now. Sooner or later you will get tired of stacking mats in peace, then what?

I feel like people, even if they lack the mechanical skill to survive as a pvper or whatever, who want to exist in a sandbox without offering anymore than a bot could, basically, are causing harm to the world. I'm not advocating for people to get griefed out of the game, but there needs to be some level of attrition. I dunno why people think they should be able to go around and do whatever they want without any random gank chance.

Hey, guess what, I go around and do whatever I want, too, and it's boring! lool. My exp vs all the people who are being killed doesn't match. Either people are being killed once or twice and are just so unaccustomed to it that they are triggered or we are really having a vastly different experience in game, which is hard to account for.

Edit:

I think SV wants to build a real sandbox, but can't yet.

That may be true, but it'd be closer with more open pvp. For real for real.