Why does SV hate PvPers?

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
The issue isn't PvP itsself, the issue is being forced into PvP situations you have no chance of getting out of regularly without it being a fault of your own and griefing. This thread made it pretty clear that the "hardcore" PvP people are talking about is essentially just ganking people that stand no chance.

And again a disclaimer that seems to be necessary: Being forced into shitty pvp situations belongs to the game, it is part of it. But as with everything else it needs to be enjoyed in moderation, otherwise it will cause issues for the game as a whole.
It seems you stuck with noob slaying

Not every red killing Total noobs
They roam for pvp
Fighting Good geared rpk or arpk
It’s all about challenge
Let’s call them (a)

There is minor group that can kill only noobs and trying not to fights if they have less people (b)

Balanced rpk they could do both time to time depends purpose of roam, situation etc (c)

Skilled blue (d)

Unskilled blue (u)

If sv will remove (b), (a) will come for (u)

Skilled player would slay noobs only because of content lack, nobody wear 1k regear to kill a guy with 10 bontisue

If sv will create content and not push people off the game real pk will be too busy to kill weak players with 0 loot

Edit:

There is plenty of tactics and mechanics to escape from fight, it all about time and experience

If you want to raise your skills as rpk or arpk you will need a lot of practice

Look you can’t start playing basketball this week and go to Olympics in couple month

I’m not trying to insult you with git gut shit but it takes time

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

Otaran

Feb 17, 2022
Easy fix imo.
Just make more lawless towns and red priests around there. Make the amount of murder points you need to be kicked from the blue side like...10 or something.

It's always rough to balance between too punishing and not punishing enough. You make life too hard to go grey and nobody attacks anyone, but if you make it too easy then you eventually push people out of the game. Some people may want that for...some reason. "Get all the carebears out and have the game only for the hardcore boys" as if carebears aren't necessary for a working ecosystem.

It's like if you have all wolves and no sheep. Great, now the wolves just eat each other until there's only one left, wondering where the playerbase is. If you have all sheep and no wolves, then you get soft boy shit like retail WoW or FF14.

Choosing to be a dedicated outlaw should basically change the game for you. Living on the outskirts of town with your fellow outlaws unsure who you can trust, if anyone, and always watching the roads for anyone that wanders too far to your lawless town. Maybe you get your murder count a little too high and have to live that life for a little bit. Maybe you stay that way because you just can't help but murder and steal. In my opinion it should become a totally new experience of gameplay that can really only be achieved if they increase the lawless town count and red priest count around said towns.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It's like if you have all wolves and no sheep. Great, now the wolves just eat each other until there's only one left, wondering where the playerbase is. If you have all sheep and no wolves, then you get soft boy shit like retail WoW or FF14.
This is a terrible analogy that gets repeated over and over. The "sheep" don't do anything the wolves can't or won't do. Wolves do PvE, they participate in the economy and sometimes they do RP as well. So no the "sheep" are not necessary for a working ecosystem. They are only here for the numbers.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
It seems you stuck with noob slaying

Not every red killing Total noobs
They roam for pvp
Fighting Good geared rpk or arpk
It’s all about challenge
Let’s call them (a)

Well, I can of course only speak from my only experience and I've never seen a situation that had PKs try to kill someone who they could have possibly thought them being a challenge.

If there are people looking for proper fights I haven't seen them yet.

I personally just want PvP that doesn't have me run around for hours in hopes of actually finding something to kill that isn't blue.

This is a terrible analogy that gets repeated over and over. The "sheep" don't do anything the wolves can't or won't do. Wolves do PvE, they participate in the economy and sometimes they do RP as well. So no the "sheep" are not necessary for a working ecosystem. They are only here for the numbers.

While it is a terrible analogy it isn't entirely untrue. If the player base consists of only "wolves" you will end up with like 500 players who will get bored of each other at some point. "Sheep" also put ressources into the economy that "wolves" use and they simply make the world feel more alive.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
While it is a terrible analogy it isn't entirely untrue. If the player base consists of only "wolves" you will end up with like 500 players who will get bored of each other at some point. "Sheep" also put ressources into the economy that "wolves" use and they simply make the world feel more alive.
"Wolves" put resources into the economy as well. There's nothing special about "sheep" except they want to do the same things "wolves" do, but in a safer environment.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
I personally just want PvP that doesn't have me run around for hours in hopes of actually finding something to kill that isn't blue.

Please keep it in mind when you next time will ask to nerf reds

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Please keep it in mind when you next time will ask to nerf reds

I do not ask to "nerf" reds. I am asking to not make it too easy for them to kill helpless people unpunished and maybe use them for gameplay opportunities for blues.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The issue isn't PvP itsself, the issue is being forced into PvP situations you have no chance of getting out of regularly without it being a fault of your own and griefing. This thread made it pretty clear that the "hardcore" PvP people are talking about is essentially just ganking people that stand no chance.

And again a disclaimer that seems to be necessary: Being forced into shitty pvp situations belongs to the game, it is part of it. But as with everything else it needs to be enjoyed in moderation, otherwise it will cause issues for the game as a whole.

you should never be in a situation where you stand no chance***************************************************************

If you turn the corner into a zerg, that's just like a death diceroll, that's not your fault. That's not as common as people make it out to be.

MO2 is not MO1.

You need to find the level of investment you are cool with. Like I'm out there on a not even close to spec char, tamed rando horses, no armor, kpad armor I made myself that is poor quality, but I'm riding w/ my bow out and if people come at me I'll fight them. If I die, I die. Surprisingly, very few people have attacked me and I haven't died once on a mount yet. I died one time to pvp (in the GY) so far in the game. I saw some guy killing someone else and I waited for their fight to end, then fought him. I was naked with a 20s 1h lol. Even less specced than now.

I'm not good. I'm not geared. It's easy to look at my char and tell that I am an easy-ish mark, but I'm ready to fight. I'm not one of those dudes who is just running. So much of the population just runs and that's how you get your NO CHANCE. Or you're riding around w/o any wep skills. Makes no sense when even my char w/ 83 str and 30~ Ma can at least do SOMETHING.

I delivered some parcels justnow while I was riding around, went to vadda, went to duli. I saw a jotun at a bandit camp and kinda watched. Some guy came up to me on his horse in armor, prol a steel axe and we basically rode face to face and stopped, looked at each other. Mind you, I am crepite MA in kpad lol. It was basically like you gonna do something? No. You gonna do something? OK. haha. Rode on.

It offends the shit out of people, but just play the game offensively (and you don't even need to attack/gank just be ready,) on foot run to like 70 stam then stam up, same w/ on horse... just play as efficiently as you can w/o having your pants down and if someone truly engages you like they start drawing their bow or wep or charging a spell get ready to fight. Go down fighting even if you get absolutely demolished. It feels so much better, trust me.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
I do not ask to "nerf" reds. I am asking to not make it too easy for them to kill helpless people unpunished.
I thought we have progress

Read again my last 2 messages

Unskilled player will die easily because he/she is unskilled but if you will try to “help” them by making artificial barriers for red:

1)red will go another game without timesinking stupid mechanics
2)new player will never step up

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
You usually can't get "unskilled" players to rise up just by bashing their heads against a wall over and over. They will just give up at some point.

On top of that even a skilled player will have a hard time defending themselves on a not maxed character or when losing half of their health instantly when being initated upon before they even get their weapon out.

Sometimes I think you people believe everyone should just run around in large groups all day and do everything together, even if that is completely unrealistic.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
You usually can't get "unskilled" players to rise up just by bashing their heads against a wall over and over. They will just give up at some point.

On top of that even a skilled player will have a hard time defending themselves on a not maxed character or when losing half of their health instantly when being initated upon before they even get their weapon out.

Sometimes I think you people believe everyone should just run around in large groups all day and do everything together, even if that is completely unrealistic.
1 step forward, 3 steps backward

Last time I run in large group in 2014 during guarhill event

Reread please because your desire to kill reds doesn’t clue to you desire punish them for being red

Shamziebam

Feb 9, 2022
As a human i prefer sheep, they much more usefull then wolves. Wolves are only good for one thing, running in front of my car when running them over. e.g Wolves are useless.

• Haha
Reactions: 666

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
As a human i prefer sheep, they much more usefull then wolves. Wolves are only good for one thing, running in front of my car when running them over. e.g Wolves are useless.
You are too op for that game

Edit:

Just realized I want it on my pink t-shirt

Tzone

May 16, 2021

Its over a month since release and if you dont have a max'd character you are wrong. If you are bad at the game and using it as a excuse then you are wrong.

Why are you making the game cater the lowest common denominator. People talk about sandbox this and that but at the end of the day they dont want to have to get gud and would rather the NPCs play for them. We all came to this game new at some point and put the effort into the game to get good. I see 6 noobs on roofs with long bows in Jungle camp fighting off shmerrick and I bet they are having the time of their lives right now. Players making consequences for the actions of others.

Asking for people to be kicked out of towns and be punished out of the game for PvP just means you gave up and want the game to win for you.

All I see is people that dont want consequences for them selves because they made a mistake and would want the people who are doing well to be punished by the game for winning. Like when naked calx miners outside of town get killed and looted they scream and rage at us, but its their fault for making the mistake that thought they should just get to free farm with not possible consequences to their low effort farming.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Its over a month since release and if you dont have a max'd character you are wrong.

Found the no lifer who afked for two weeks nonstop while others have jobs, family and sat in queue for 40 hours. And this is how you lose any credibility.

Wait, I already knew that after your weird view on game design issues while you keep arguing against points no one made. Please, just stop your straw maning already.

Reread please because your desire to kill reds doesn’t clue to you desire punish them for being red

I am honestly not sure what you mean.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
@Cyrotek why you not listening to me n arguing w/ other dudes. I'm dropping knowledge on u. Listen to ya boy. I got no ulterior motive.

To be fair tho it hasn't been over a month since release afaik.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Found the no lifer who afked for two weeks nonstop while others have jobs, family and sat in queue for 40 hours. And this is how you lose any credibility.

Wait, I already knew that after your weird view on game design issues while you keep arguing against points no one made. Please, just stop your straw maning already.

I am honestly not sure what you mean.
I didnt play after the first 2 days and only got in queue once when they added it. IDK how any of that matters towards credibility if I spent 2 weeks 24/7 trying to playing. Actually it raises my credibility.

But non the less after the second day of queue I stopped logging in untill they added the alt myrlands. Just played space engineers. So your little rage moment right there was completely off target.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Pvpers are free loaders and spychopaths and terrible people, they probably kick their dogs when they don't play mortal.

roflmao.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 666 and Tzone