Why does SV hate PvPers?

Otaran

Feb 17, 2022
How are you wrong for not having a maxed character after a month of release lol.

Thats ignoring that people come into the game later than the day 1 people. It's a month after release but some people maybe just bought the game yesterday?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
How are you wrong for not having a maxed character after a month of release lol.

Thats ignoring that people come into the game later than the day 1 people. It's a month after release but some people maybe just bought the game yesterday?
maxed char is like 2 days maybe 3 if you are doing it casual

Shamziebam

Feb 9, 2022
LOL at these pvp'ers, many people and guilds are new to MO2, so they are still in the building up status, heck most haven't even played beta extensively. Then you have a very small group of cry babies that call them selves pvp'ers who moan and moan about this , screaming carebear this and that, go away because it's not going there way? I wonder who is more carebear, the so called pvp'ers here, who cry about everything or the carebears. You wanna pk people, fine, pk all you want, just don't cry about the consequences. You play an early acces, many things will change and be rebalanced, you act like this is a finished game, it's far from finished, heck, if you ask me the game is not even started for 1/10. Many skills don't work, almost every mechanic is half implemented, so be glad you can do your pk and have no consequences besides a far respawn, guess what, just don't die, problem solved.

pk'ing has no consequences, still no consequences, it became harder, fine it should be, be no care-bear and suck it up.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
LOL at these pvp'ers, many people and guilds are new to MO2, so they are still in the building up status, heck most haven't even played beta extensively. Then you have a very small group of cry babies that call them selves pvp'ers who moan and moan about this , screaming carebear this and that, go away because it's not going there way? I wonder who is more carebear, the so called pvp'ers here, who cry about everything or the carebears. You wanna pk people, fine, pk all you want, just don't cry about the consequences. You play an early acces, many things will change and be rebalanced, you act like this is a finished game, it's far from finished, heck, if you ask me the game is not even started for 1/10. Many skills don't work, almost every mechanic is half implemented, so be glad you can do your pk and have no consequences besides a far respawn, guess what, just don't die, problem solved.

pk'ing has no consequences, still no consequences, it became harder, fine it should be, be no care-bear and suck it up.
Most of the people in here you are saying havent played the beta extensivly have at hundreds of hours at least. From what Im seeing it mostly tourist to the game crying about the PvP. Ive seen plenty of long standing names here criticizing the priest change and amount the established community its heavily disliked.

Your not trying to add consequences you are trying to remove consequences from random players who are dying because they made poor depression like go AFK mine, Or run naked with 100s of gold on them from one town to the next, or not pay attention to the game and get jumped.

Consequences with you tourist weirdly only apply to people who are winning and killing you. Almost like you want a easier game.

Played beta extensively never seen nor heard of you. Just a tourist to the game that will be on their way eventually to the next release.

Game is 100% a alpha.

Shamziebam

Feb 9, 2022
Most of the people in here you are saying havent played the beta extensivly have at hundreds of hours at least. From what Im seeing it mostly tourist to the game crying about the PvP. Ive seen plenty of long standing names here criticizing the priest change and amount the established community its heavily disliked.

Your not trying to add consequences you are trying to remove consequences from random players who are dying because they made poor depression like go AFK mine, Or run naked with 100s of gold on them from one town to the next, or not pay attention to the game and get jumped.

Consequences with you tourist weirdly only apply to people who are winning and killing you. Almost like you want a easier game.

Played beta extensively never seen nor heard of you. Just a tourist to the game that will be on their way eventually to the next release.

Game is 100% a alpha.

I think you misunderstand my post, or well better phrased, you refuse to understand it and that's ur choise, right now these priest changes are here, deal with it, just as everyone else has to deal with it being different in 1 or 2 patches, or have to deal with being ganked/griefed by the likes of you.

ps i have no fkn clue who you are either, and nor do i care.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
MO2 is imo way more carebear that MO. Really has dulled my interest in the game.

That + lack of content, but I'm slowly getting into it. But yea I don't have maxed chars or any sort of mat stash. haha. It's still better than the other shit and they haven't started the sub timer.

The core 'engine' is better than MO1, and that gives me hope. They fixed a lot of inconsistencies. It's just a matter of getting everything right, now. But you could go to any city and see people just sitting around and go solo, prol w/ an emalji wep and just KILL EVERYONE, that's what I think of all the time when I am around. Like wow that dude would be getting ganked in MO1 lol.

I still think it remains to be seen if this is going to 'improve interest' in the game overall. People can have their time of gearing up then when their gear is valuable enough to be worth a parcel, someone is gonna take it, that happens a few times, I don't see why they would stick around.

They should focus on making the game good and finishing systems. They should go thru the systems one by one and finish them, haha, it's like back n the day you'd turn on kazaa or w/e and start like 15 DLs and go kick it all day, come back and see what actually finished.

But any game where you can stack mats and 'control territory' is gonna have a niche interest, no matter how carebear it is. Look at BDO.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
maxed char is like 2 days maybe 3 if you are doing it casual
Lol 2 or 3 days lol that rich. Ya keep saying that but fail to realize that some skills like heavy armor training or creature control literally take 200 hours of reading a book to hit lvl 70 let alone be maxed out, lol do basic math much? 200/24 doesn't = 3. But nice meme post edge lord.

Feb 10, 2022

most of the time newcomers spend behind guards
it doesnt matter if someone start today tomorrow or next month and how long he lvl up skills

you cant equalize noobs with someone who spend here more time.
pointless

mayb give every new 100g and couple stacks of cron to make him feel better

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tzone

May 16, 2021
this is a complete strawman of an argument.

i've been playing hardcore pvp mmo's since the early 2000's that were text based.

there are plenty of people here who played UO, or SWG, or MUDs, or EQ 1, or any number of hardcore games.

you just can't handle the fact that we're hardcore gamers too, and our opinion is different than yours

but the most important facet of this conversation is whether it is factually *true* or not that gankfest games drive players away.

I'd say it is already extremely evident from the history of dozens of games like this that unfettered murdering and ganking *does* hurt the game long term.
Nothing you said refuted anything I said. You are not hardcore in the least bit just a poser. Rust is extreamly popular along with a lot of other survival games out there. You talk about extreamly old game when there was a tiny MMO market when todays mmo market is multiple millions of people not the old sub 50k of past generations. Even if this type of game was niche which it isnt it would survive with even a fraction of a percent of the current MMO market.

If you call what happens in MO2 a gankfest then you dont have a good mentality and are just seeking to carebear a already carebear game. You already got plenty of MMOs that would suit you so why do you need to make this game like those others as well? Why do you see the need destroy this games current content?

Plenty of people want the dangerous world. Sitting around town free farming is not fun for most players and they love it when people come to town to fight them. Look at bakti and how much fun they are having when Content shows up or Fabernum when levia shows up. You are denying the enjoyment of the challenge of surviving open world to players you have a appropriate mentality

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Lol 2 or 3 days lol that rich. Ya keep saying that but fail to realize that some skills like heavy armor training or creature control literally take 200 hours of reading a book to hit lvl 70 let alone be maxed out, lol do basic math much? 200/24 doesn't = 3. But nice meme post edge lord.
Ive done it several times already, how new are you to mo2?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Seems like the issue is more to do with murder counts than priest locations, if the "PvP" players stop giving each other murder counts then the small scale pvpers wouldn't be red and the priest changes would only hurt those that are actually murdering
Why dont the PvPers just war dec each other and then fight it out between each other instead of using the war dec system as a alliance system?

How many hours a week do you play the game? Do you not understand how the people in this game work or play? Its open world PvP and full loot. Its a war of attrition where you need to use every thing at your disposal to grind the other team down to win because there are not mechanics to win like destroy this building or control this flag area for x time. To win you have to grind down the other players till they can not play in that area and leave to lick their wounds. This is one reason we have to priest camp to deny the enemies ability to farm or fight us.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Easy fix imo.
Just make more lawless towns and red priests around there. Make the amount of murder points you need to be kicked from the blue side like...10 or something.

It's always rough to balance between too punishing and not punishing enough. You make life too hard to go grey and nobody attacks anyone, but if you make it too easy then you eventually push people out of the game. Some people may want that for...some reason. "Get all the carebears out and have the game only for the hardcore boys" as if carebears aren't necessary for a working ecosystem.

It's like if you have all wolves and no sheep. Great, now the wolves just eat each other until there's only one left, wondering where the playerbase is. If you have all sheep and no wolves, then you get soft boy shit like retail WoW or FF14.

Choosing to be a dedicated outlaw should basically change the game for you. Living on the outskirts of town with your fellow outlaws unsure who you can trust, if anyone, and always watching the roads for anyone that wanders too far to your lawless town. Maybe you get your murder count a little too high and have to live that life for a little bit. Maybe you stay that way because you just can't help but murder and steal. In my opinion it should become a totally new experience of gameplay that can really only be achieved if they increase the lawless town count and red priest count around said towns.
We 100% need more red towns. Currently my group own both red town locations and we have to choke out the competition. Another red town would be hard for us to control. Most players have 5 MCs and are technically red.

Very high demand for red towns but the supply is low and already being used.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
We 100% need more red towns. Currently my group own both red town locations and we have to choke out the competition. Another red town would be hard for us to control. Most players have 5 MCs and are technically red.

Very high demand for red towns but the supply is low and already being used.

Most players are red?
What's your source or did you just make that up?

Reactions: Contorto

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Ive done it several times already, how new are you to mo2?
Lol OK kid, go back to 1st grade math kid. Clearly you can't do simple division.

Look out for edgelord Tzone over here guys he can max out a timegated skills in 2 seconds lol.

Last edited:

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Most players are red?
What's your source or did you just make that up?

He made that up. He hasn't set foot into any of the non-red towns since release so his only comparison is himself and his buddies that spawnkill newbies that made the mistake to explore into a red town and don't understand what they are being punished for.