PvE Server

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
Yah I see your point.

Same time you gotta take in to account, right now, the server holds PvP, PvE, and crafters.

With a non-pvp server, human nature tells me all the non-pvp players will migrate off the pvp server.

And that's the biggest drawback for me.
They wouldn't be able to migrate per-se, as character transfers between the PvP servers and PvE server would have to be not permitted to prevent any kind of exploitation. They might create a character on the PvE server, but their PvP server character(s) would still exist. It would be up them the individual which environment they preferred to play on; some would inevitably make the permanent switch, but most would likely stay due to the connections they had already made on the PvP server(s). Or they might casually flit between the two.

Reactions: Joe McFly

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The fact that you're challenging me on things that I already covered and still starting your argument with "You don't understand" then throwing nothing but your opinions as facts is a testament to why discourse with you regarding this matter would be a waste of both of our time.

I've put forward an argument to as why a PvE server would be a boon to the game and essentially asked the existing community to counter. Nobody has yet to interject with a valid reason to as why this shouldn't happen - aside from the fact that this game, so far, has been marketed a purely PvP experience. Diversification is almost always the key to success.

The thing is, we're not asking anything to change. The existing PvP servers would remain as they are, the changes would only occur on the on the new server.

StarVault - Can you please take this seriously? You can implement this without disrupting your existing player base and bring in fresh revenue.
The game is intended to include different playstyles, to summarize PVP and PVE. You could do one or the other but handling both in some degree is recommended to experience the game at it's best, it's the concept of the game, it's the experience you are being offered the whole Nave vibes, not aspects of it's own design dissociated in different worlds, the game's concept was embraced by a lot of great pve'rs in MO1, from crafters to traders having a place to exercise their playstyles with aknowledgement (or not) from the player base and thats where another degree of player interaction kicks in besides the PVP or non concensual fights. That as a whole Is the game experience.

Ill allways consider the game craves better PVE to satisfy all playstyles and it would be cool to encourage and feedback for a good progression of the game itself.

I'm not against the existance of a pve server despite me thinking it wouldn't manage to hold on a population and signify a real money injection for the company.
If putting a pve server didn't ment any effort that would require for SV to delay even more what they are supposed to be doing i'd be ok with that.

But then again i rather see the people wanting a pve server enjoying the game experience its already being offered and theres a question why It's not being enjoyed, Is it the pvp factor? Why would you rather renounce to such an interesting offer the game already gives when it reprecents a bast portion of It's content, player interaction.

And yes, splitting the game on different servers does change the organic ecosystem, it results on inevitable situations where the whole game experience turns stagnant.
Single server will also have overpopulated regions and limited capacity on content patches.
The general idea could be to go for player capacity and retention on the single server mortal offers to be the game's experience but i doubt they can deliver capacity on content patches, resulting in multiple servers.

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
There has been something of an MMO drought for a while now, especially MMOs that offer complex experiences or have complex crafting and skill systems. MO2 has this level of complexity, which I believe can be enjoyed by both PvP and PvE communities, separately, without compromising the intrinsic elements of the game.

Ideally though the one game/world would be enjoyed by both.

That is what I thing they are going for.

And that is what I would like to see.

Also note if you are not aware, that I am not a pvper.

I have played the game for many years doing my own thing and only try to defend myself(mostly unsuccessfully) when I am attacked.

I go out of my way to avoid conflict and basically just look at players attacking me the same as I do AI doing the same thing.

It is really just a different perspective.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ideally though the one game/world would be enjoyed by both.

That is what I thing they are going for.

And that is what I would like to see.

Also note if you are not aware, that I am not a pvper.

I have played the game for many years doing my own thing and only try to defend myself(mostly unsuccessfully) when I am attacked.

I go out of my way to avoid conflict and basically just look at players attacking me the same as I do AI doing the same thing.

It is really just a different perspective.
Yeah a lot of the people know are really ego minded. Some RPers will imagine the PvPers are RPing murderes, some PvErs like you say imagine it apart of the PvE.

Its all about who has the right mental fortitude. Even PvPers need the right mental, they might freak out over some part of PvP that caused them to lose and got ego checked.

Peoples mentality is the number one factor if they can stand these types of games or not. Noobs with the appropriate mental do fine even if they are bad. Some will for ever have poor PvP performance but still keep on keeping on, other noobs will have a mentality to learn.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I feel like this would be a win for everyone. Also, there would not be anything stopping PvE players drawn to the game (who might otherwise give the game a wide birth) from creating PvP players to give the PvP servers a try.

it's not a win cuz PvE people need to be helping shape the world. What guild are you in? You need to join a guild with people who are hard as fuck but don't equate that with PvP domination. People w/ a mindset that want to accomplish things in the midst of strife. Walls proved even the people who think they are hard will choose easy. Even instances proved that. Even I'm on instances now because IT MAKES NO SENSE TO NOT BE, esp as a solo. It's like... have no horses, have no ore... have no mobs, get zerged... or... not.

Game is flawed. Neverforget. Pve servers won't fix the flaws and if anything will highlight how flawed the game is. I suggest you strap in. I apologize for a git gud post, but this is a filled w/ love advisement. Just accept the game as it is and learn to minimize your losses, you will be much happier. You will feel sooo good once you realize how to survive and then it will dawn on you why (even tho the game is broken and imbalanced) PvP is necessary.

We need guys who wanna mine 30 stacks a day tho. Having those guys go to PvE servers would be a huge loss for the game. Realize you are important, too, the more you do, the more people will leave you alone, too. If you consistently sell things on broker, some people are haters, but others will be like oh it's so and so, the person who sells something I buy (bows for instance) all the time, they are prol doing their thing and I will leave them alone.

It all works out. All of these systems are DUMB. Just play the game.

Much love from YABOY.

PvE server is just a bad line of thinking to go down. If you like the game enough to suggest it, stick with it and you will be glad you did.

Reactions: Amadman and Gabriel

Gabriel

Feb 12, 2022
Henrik confirmed that they'll be no such thing as a PvP toggle that'll be added to the game. So RIP PvE server.
Get fucked on soyboys.

On a serious note, how does one justify a PvE server?
For example, if there is about 500 players competing for a certain mob spawn. What would you do then?
Imagine the lootbag goblins instantly picking up your loot after you killed a mob.

Let's say, the person who'd last hit a mob gets the loot.... Wouldn't that just make soy PvE babies mad?

korteks

Feb 16, 2022
Henrik confirmed that they'll be no such thing as a PvP toggle that'll be added to the game. So RIP PvE server.
Get fucked on soyboys.

On a serious note, how does one justify a PvE server?
For example, if there is about 500 players competing for a certain mob spawn. What would you do then?
Imagine the lootbag goblins instantly picking up your loot after you killed a mob.

Let's say, the person who'd last hit a mob gets the loot.... Wouldn't that just make soy PvE babies mad?

use of pejorative term 'soyboys' (lol?) is non-productive, doesn't rly make any sense as an insult either...unless you were born in the 50s maybe? tbh just makes you sound less legitimate as a source of information/opinion/mental stability. Did a vegetarian rape your dad or something? idk, guess i'd understand then.

More on topic though, let's not pretend there aren't easy, proven solutions for the problem you bring up. Person who tags mob gets loot for instance. But that isn't the point and by focusing on it you distract yourself from the actual point you were making at the start of the post, which is 'CEO said PVE server doesn't fit game's vision'

Which is really what the it comes down to. Not 'Could a PVE server work?" Of course it could. It would be fine. That's not the point though, the point is that the actual design document of the game would have to be altered; the underlying vision of the game would need to be changed. The devs didn't even want to spin up alt PVP servers to let more people into their game, you think they're gonna finally get rid of the Alt servers and then go back and implement an alt PVE server?

I wouldn't rly care if they did tbh. It would probably be profitable for SV, and honestly there are people who would enjoy it.

But again, that isn't the point, the point is that it runs counter to their vision, and as such is unlikely to happen without a major alteration of that vision. Keep fighting the good fight though i guess.

D

Deleted member 44

use of pejorative term 'soyboys' (lol?) is non-productive, doesn't rly make any sense as an insult either...unless you were born in the 50s maybe? tbh just makes you sound less legitimate as a source of information/opinion/mental stability. Did a vegetarian rape your dad or something? idk, guess i'd understand then.

More on topic though, let's not pretend there aren't easy, proven solutions for the problem you bring up. Person who tags mob gets loot for instance. But that isn't the point and by focusing on it you distract yourself from the actual point you were making at the start of the post, which is 'CEO said PVE server doesn't fit game's vision'

Which is really what the it comes down to. Not 'Could a PVE server work?" Of course it could. It would be fine. That's not the point though, the point is that the actual design document of the game would have to be altered; the underlying vision of the game would need to be changed. The devs didn't even want to spin up alt PVP servers to let more people into their game, you think they're gonna finally get rid of the Alt servers and then go back and implement an alt PVE server?

I wouldn't rly care if they did tbh. It would probably be profitable for SV, and honestly there are people who would enjoy it.

But again, that isn't the point, the point is that it runs counter to their vision, and as such is unlikely to happen without a major alteration of that vision. Keep fighting the good fight though i guess.
Are you a soyboy? TLDR
This thread doesn't stop with the quality content.

Reactions: Gabriel

Gabriel

Feb 12, 2022
use of pejorative term 'soyboys' (lol?) is really productive because I am the soyest soyboy of them all. Feed me the soy, I want to be soy. A fully grown soy boy! I love PvE! I LOOOOOOVVEEEE BEING SAFE. I am a soyboy and I have been living safely in my parents place my whole life. So I WANT A SOYBOY SERVER PLS.

Either you want unlimited mobs or you want a naked mage running around spurting every mob they see.

Have you realized how much of a soyboy mudda sucka you are?

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
korteks said:
use of pejorative term 'soyboys' (lol?) is really productive because I am the soyest soyboy of them all. Feed me the soy, I want to be soy. A fully grown soy boy! I love PvE! I LOOOOOOVVEEEE BEING SAFE. I am a soyboy and I have been living safely in my parents place my whole life. So I WANT A SOYBOY SERVER PLS.

Either you want unlimited mobs or you want a naked mage running around spurting every mob they see.

Have you realized how much of a soyboy mudda sucka you are?

Assaulting someone's maturity by quoting them, then altering the quotes, so it looks like they said something dumb, is probably the rankest display of juvenility conceivable. You've probably bolstered whatever point you are trying to make by 20% and 80% just come off as completely moronic.

I get that the aim of your reply is more positive punishment than it is a legitimate interjection; attempting to hurt the feelings of the poster, so that they are reluctant to continue posting on topics that are contrary to your own agenda. But if the fulcrum of your argument is that you possess greater maturity than your opponent you might want to try demonstrating some instead of being almost completely dependant on immature pejorative diatribe.

Regarding the subject of loot rights in PvE, the correct, modern, MMO interpretation is that all that struck the mob get to loot and the loot tables are adjusted accordingly. If a "hardcore" method is to be maintained the old Star Wars Galaxies method was that the person (or group) that did the most damage gets loot rights - but this became very exploitable so RNG is the best tried and tested way to control this.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
It would bring in more money... do I really need to say more about how that would inevitably lead to a better game?
Henrik doesnt care about making money, this is about carrying out his vision of a one world server. MO1 was never profitable in 10 years and it never shut down.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I was born in the 70s and we used to say "vegetarian is old indian for bad hunter." So yes being a soyboy/soiboi, is an insult. But I guess my generation men were men and women were women. Even if they were gay or straight.

So here is another term from my generation. Cowboy up!

Reactions: Gabriel

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I don't think Mortal Online is a PvE catering game, its a PvP catering game.

Having said that, I think the design of the game tries to get people to go places too hard, to the point where you have these absurd limitations, like only large hooks at jungle camp, or all the best mining in one corner of the map. Personally I hate this.

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
Henrik doesnt care about making money, this is about carrying out his vision of a one world server. MO1 was never profitable in 10 years and it never shut down.

At a certain point everyone needs to care about making money. "never profitable in 10 years" does that sound like a badge of honour? Would you want that on your epitaph? It's not wrong to want to make some money, it's not wrong to want people to see your product, the creation of a PvE server would bring in customers that the existing format wouldn't and market the game to fans of a different experience to the existing playerbase which will get more people talking about it - this will have a knock-on effect of increasing the PvP player base too as well as bring in revenue for development which will take the game further.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
At a certain point everyone needs to care about making money. "never profitable in 10 years" does that sound like a badge of honour? Would you want that on your epitaph? It's not wrong to want to make some money, it's not wrong to want people to see your product, the creation of a PvE server would bring in customers that the existing format wouldn't and market the game to fans of a different experience to the existing playerbase which will get more people talking about it - this will have a knock-on effect of increasing the PvP player base too as well as bring in revenue for development which will take the game further.
Not when your fking loaded with ur dads inheritance. Its all about the vision, nothing else matters except the vision

Gabriel

Feb 12, 2022
Assaulting someone's maturity by quoting them, then altering the quotes, so it looks like they said something dumb, is probably the rankest display of juvenility conceivable. You've probably bolstered whatever point you are trying to make by 20% and 80% just come off as completely moronic.

I get that the aim of your reply is more positive punishment than it is a legitimate interjection; attempting to hurt the feelings of the poster, so that they are reluctant to continue posting on topics that are contrary to your own agenda. But if the fulcrum of your argument is that you possess greater maturity than your opponent you might want to try demonstrating some instead of being almost completely dependant on immature pejorative diatribe.

Regarding the subject of loot rights in PvE, the correct, modern, MMO interpretation is that all that struck the mob get to loot and the loot tables are adjusted accordingly. If a "hardcore" method is to be maintained the old Star Wars Galaxies method was that the person (or group) that did the most damage gets loot rights - but this became very exploitable so RNG is the best tried and tested way to control this.
I'm okay with bullshit. But a 3 paragraph of looking up at Google for synonyms to seem smart bullshit?
That's just beyond soy. Whatever you say Mortal Kombat boi.
Mortal Kombat is a good game. But you seem like you love playing with AI on easy difficulty for hours.