PvE Server

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The idea is that everyone exists in the same world and shares the same history.

Such a world will have all types of people. Including unsavory types like murderers and thieves.

If a player is not wanting to share the experience of this single world then honestly they may want to pass on this game.

IKR who would be such a delusional bastard for removing 70% of the content of the game by making it a PVE game. Lets be honests here, mortal online PVE is absolute trash, player interaction is about 70% of the game. And people want a pve server for what, for hoarding simulator? for killing razorbacks un-altered by some nakid bastard with a shortsword?

Come the fuck on people, theres not that much PVE nor its good quality content for you to enjoy it. Insisting on the subject won't make it real, people have insisted on quality changes for MO1 for over a decade and that shit wasn't ever addressed, so news for you this doesn't even go near the radar of SV, quit asking for dumb shit and if you do have a good idea on how to make PVE something better than the bullshit it actually is i encourage you to post it in the forums.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
What does it matter to you what I play? If they did create a PvE server and I played on that, how would it affect you? - Other than the fact that I, and other PvE gamers, gave StarVault some money which might help develop your game, and pay for it's maintenance.
Waste of resources because the game has no decent content outside of the PvP. Just split the already dying population among two servers where the PvE players will quit over time after they find out the game is boring and has not point once they understand it. Also no conflict over resources will be a huge issue.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
What does it matter to you what I play? If they did create a PvE server and I played on that, how would it affect you? - Other than the fact that I, and other PvE gamers, gave StarVault some money which might help develop your game, and pay for it's maintenance.

just to be clear , you want a pve totally separate from main world or something that share bank and skill ? cause it's absolutely not the same thing

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You fail to understand the concept of the game, i'd hate to see SV invest a minute of their dev time in something thats not what they have offered. Now if you some kind of jeque arab drop some oil money on henrik's lap for your greasy dream to come true otherwise it ain't happening.

The fact is the game has limited resources and its a race against time to make enough good shit to make people stay in the game.

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
The idea is that everyone exists in the same world and shares the same history.

Such a world will have all types of people. Including unsavory types like murderers and thieves.

If a player is not wanting to share the experience of this single world then honestly they may want to pass on this game.

Other games like Age of Conan successfully run separate PvP and PvE servers. Both communities get what they want and the game benefits from the additional revenue.

I just think this is something that StarVault should, at least, try - if for nothing else, just as an experiment, one solitary PvE server. As long as character transfers were prohibited between this and the PvE servers it couldn't be exploited and affect the PvP servers at all.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Other games like Age of Conan successfully run separate PvP and PvE servers. Both communities get what they want and the game benefits from the additional revenue.

I just think this is something that StarVault should, at least, try - if for nothing else, just as an experiment, one solitary PvE server. As long as character transfers were prohibited between this and the PvE servers it couldn't be exploited and affect the PvP servers at all.

I am not the one you have to convince for sure.

But what you are asking for is the total opposite of what this game is setting out to be.

You dont have to understand or agree.

But you will have to accept it if you want to be part of it.

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
You fail to understand the concept of the game, i'd hate to see SV invest a minute of their dev time in something thats not what they have offered. Now if you some kind of jeque arab drop some oil money on henrik's lap for your greasy dream to come true otherwise it ain't happening.

The fact is the game has limited resources and its a race against time to make enough good shit to make people stay in the game.
You're not really in a position to explain to me what I do and do not understand. You have clearly failed to understand that I am referring to the revenue PvE players as a whole would bring to the game, not just the money from my own pocket. It also, as I keep retreating - yet nobody seems to be absorbing the message - would not affect the game that you are already playing!

Reactions: Joe McFly

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
I am not the one you have to convince for sure.

But what you are asking for is the total opposite of what this game is setting out to be.

You dont have to understand or agree.

But you will have to accept it if you want to be part of it.

I appreciate what you are saying, but the only limiting factor here is imagination. Sure, the game sells itself as a PvP experience. But it is possible to create a PvP experience out of a PvE one. What myself, and many others, are proposing is a kind of PvE spinoff server, if you like. The base game retains all of it's integrity, this is just a single idiosyncratic other universe of the game where non-consensual PvP is disabled.

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
just to be clear , you want a pve totally separate from main world or something that share bank and skill ? cause it's absolutely not the same thing
Yes, the server would be completely separate and transfer of anything between PvP and the PvE server would not be allowed - this would prevent people farming on the PvE server and transferring to the PvP; which I don't need to explain, would be a bad thang.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You're not really in a position to explain to me what I do and do not understand. You have clearly failed to understand that I am referring to the revenue PvE players as a whole would bring to the game, not just the money from my own pocket. It also, as I keep retreating - yet nobody seems to be absorbing the message - would not affect the game that you are already playing!
Why play MO2 PvE when there are actual decent PvE games. The games only real content is PvP and the entire economy is set up for PvP. The losses, the resource conflict, and the politics it made is what 90% of the game is based off of.

PvE players will leave anyway and not sub for a game that is not a PvE game. It will waste dev time and money, it will split the playerbase, and it will steal dev time from the actual game.

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
It will waste dev time and money, it will split the playerbase, and it will steal dev time from the actual game.

Eh, I doubt it would steal dev time. They already have the tech to spin up alternate servers and turning off pvp (haven), and whatever content they produce can easily be pushed to both servers.

I do think it would split the playerbase though and I'm not sure that's worth the cost.

At the same time though @Cyrax has a point; if it draws in more players, it will be a greater source of revenue which in theory would help development.

Still not sold on the idea though.

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
Why play MO2 PvE when there are actual decent PvE games. The games only real content is PvP and the entire economy is set up for PvP. The losses, the resource conflict, and the politics it made is what 90% of the game is based off of.

PvE players will leave anyway and not sub for a game that is not a PvE game. It will waste dev time and money, it will split the playerbase, and it will steal dev time from the actual game.
There has been something of an MMO drought for a while now, especially MMOs that offer complex experiences or have complex crafting and skill systems. MO2 has this level of complexity, which I believe can be enjoyed by both PvP and PvE communities, separately, without compromising the intrinsic elements of the game.

It also wouldn't decrease dev focus on the main game as it is the same game with elements turned off - I'm pretty sure the means to turn these elements off already exist.

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
Eh, I doubt it would steal dev time. They already have the tech to spin up alternate servers and turning off pvp (haven), and whatever content they produce can easily be pushed to both servers.

I do think it would split the playerbase though and I'm not sure that's worth the cost.

At the same time though @Cyrax has a point; if it draws in more players, it will be a greater source of revenue which in theory would help development.

Still not sold on the idea though.
I feel like this would be a win for everyone. Also, there would not be anything stopping PvE players drawn to the game (who might otherwise give the game a wide birth) from creating PvP players to give the PvP servers a try.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You don't understand and i'll explain You why. First it's a competitive game, want a pve server fine, for starters u shouldn't be able to move any assets from pve to pvp server because that would defeat the competitive nature of the game and the economy. Seccond splitting the population on different servers is not the desire outcome nor design of the game, the idea is to populate a single server Even tho they can't rn due to the limitations. You could disagree with this but it's the intended design for the game and it's what it was promised to the player base.

I can understand some people might enjoy a PVE server but i can speak from experience when i tell You pve content is very límited and absolutly everything is ment or directed for player driven conflict which turns out to be most of the game's content. That being said i doubt a PVE based public could endure long enough to generate some degree of profit for SV by having a PVE server.

Explain to me what are you going to do in a pve server, hoard enough materials to duel?

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
I feel like this would be a win for everyone. Also, there would not be anything stopping PvE players drawn to the game (who might otherwise give the game a wide birth) from creating PvP players to give the PvP servers a try.

Yah I see your point.

Same time you gotta take in to account, right now, the server holds PvP, PvE, and crafters.

With a non-pvp server, human nature tells me all the non-pvp players will migrate off the pvp server.

And that's the biggest drawback for me.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Last I checked AoC is dead... peak of a 100-115 players in the past 6 months.. and a peak of 1300, 9 years ago.... lol

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
You don't understand and i'll explain You why. First it's a competitive game, want a pve server fine, for starters u shouldn't be able to move any assets from pve to pvp server because that would defeat the competitive nature of the game and the economy. Seccond splitting the population on different servers is not the desire outcome nor design of the game, the idea is to populate a single server Even tho they can't rn due to the limitations. You could disagree with this but it's the intended design for the game and it's what it was promised to the player base.

I can understand some people might enjoy a PVE server but i can speak from experience when i tell You pve content is very límited and absolutly everything is ment or directed for player driven conflict which turns out to be most of the game's content. That being said i doubt a PVE based public could endure long enough to generate some degree of profit for SV by having a PVE server.

Explain to me what are you going to do in a pve server, hoard enough materials to duel?

The fact that you're challenging me on things that I already covered and still starting your argument with "You don't understand" then throwing nothing but your opinions as facts is a testament to why discourse with you regarding this matter would be a waste of both of our time.

I've put forward an argument to as why a PvE server would be a boon to the game and essentially asked the existing community to counter. Nobody has yet to interject with a valid reason to as why this shouldn't happen - aside from the fact that this game, so far, has been marketed a purely PvP experience. Diversification is almost always the key to success.

The thing is, we're not asking anything to change. The existing PvP servers would remain as they are, the changes would only occur on the on the new server.

StarVault - Can you please take this seriously? You can implement this without disrupting your existing player base and bring in fresh revenue.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Legends of Aria is not a great example because that game was utter crap nevermind the PvE shift. Which actually now I think about it is a pretty good example because going PvE wouldnt make MO2 suddenly any better of a game really it would still be a buggy unfinished mess anyway.

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
Last I checked AoC is dead... peak of a 100-115 players in the past 6 months.. and a peak of 1300, 9 years ago.... lol

Errr yeah, the game came out in 2008! It was never that successful on Steam - where your stats are coming from. I know this because Funcom do not release player stats. I played the game for 7 years, from launch, and never downloaded it on Steam - so I was never counted for one! It was successful in it's day and implemented methods and mechanics that are still being copied in AAA titles today.

And as you said - it's still being played today! Will people be playing MO2 in 14 years?

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
Legends of Aria is not a great example because that game was utter crap nevermind the PvE shift. Which actually now I think about it is a pretty good example because going PvE wouldnt make MO2 suddenly any better of a game really it would still be a buggy unfinished mess anyway.

It would bring in more money... do I really need to say more about how that would inevitably lead to a better game?