PvE Server

BluntedJ

Mar 5, 2022
No. This is NOT the right approach for this type of game.

A better solution would be to create areas where you are more reasonably protected, like in Eve Online. There has to be areas that are lawless, and this has to be a majority of the map. I am all for making tiered safety zones protected > reasonably protected > not reasonably protected > lawless.

This game, by these developers, is not made to be a PvE server type game. You are literally going to trigger a lot of people who have PTSD from UO's Trammel vs. Felucca servers. For those that don't know UO (Ultima Online) started out with a full loot PvP server, then got split into facets. One where you would have to opt-in to PvP (Trammel) the other where PvP was the ruleset (Felucca). <- I may not have this 100% accurate as I haven't played UO in a while (before someone comes in here to point out a mistake that doesn't actually make my previous statement 100% inaccurate).

Poronico

Mar 5, 2022
Ultima Online has Fellucia and Trammel. One PvP Full loot and one PvE based. Its not unexplored territory and that game was highly successful. The biggest thing is the longevity of this game and this game would do much better longevity wise with both options even as much as I prefer the PvP only side.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Ultima Online has Fellucia and Trammel. One PvP Full loot and one PvE based. Its not unexplored territory and that game was highly successful. The biggest thing is the longevity of this game and this game would do much better longevity wise with both options even as much as I prefer the PvP only side.
For most UO players, Trammel was the beginning of the end of the core gameplay experience UO offered. Mortal Online 1 made the mistake of moving away from it's original vision in certain elements of design, to try cater to those outside it's target audience. This resulted in the veteran players finally having enough and not committing to playing anymore, while the only people left were those hiding behind safety nets in the form of TC, to farm to their hearts content, filling up their banks with loot they never ever used, while the world turned stagnant and void of life.

PvE only, goes against the grain of what Mortal Online is. PvE and PvP are intertwined and is intended to be. There's tonnes of games out there that cater to players after a PvE safety experience.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
All those who have a PvE server want a thumbs up.
(y)
its called haven, not sure why people realy complaining bout pvp i think ive been PKed like 3 times total lol barely and PK happening tbh due to reputation will prob change when people can live out of there guild towns though but thats what im hoping for

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
This is a sobering reminder of what happens when a game bends the knee and betrays its vision and fans, in the video I'm about to show you below.

Just for reference, MO2 sold over 100,000 units and ranked #4 on Steam in its first week alone, all the while billing itself as a fully non-consensual pvp game with full looting.

You'll see why MO2 succeeded the way it did, and why changing its vision is not a good idea and never will be.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
no ; i do agree with everything that punish griefer or that make murder focused player life harder , but no , a pve server won't happen and isn't a solution ;
even for the economy it would be a massive error , jungle material , otherwise said " lawless zone material" are fking down in price already because of alt server ; i don't even wanna see a pve server

listen , i'm a pve guy , just this morning i was butchered by a team of grey , meeeh , no hard feeling , i'll get over it xd

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
Hell to the no. This isn't a PVE game. As much as I'm all for safe zones and ffa zones without rep loss, which will never happen, pve servers is against everything this game is supposed to be. What is the point of the game if you take PVP out of the equation? There are plenty of MMOs that do PVE much better.

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
For most UO players, Trammel was the beginning of the end of the core gameplay experience UO offered.

Couldn't be more wrong. UO is still going to this day, and speaking as a red who played during the time of Tram, the simple benefit of Fel having twice the resources of Tram kept Fel reasonably well-populated.

What Tram did was keep the carebears out of harms way and happy, which for any human with even a shred of empathy is obviously a good thing. More players paying a subscription = a healthier game.

Reactions: Skabsticles

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Couldn't be more wrong. UO is still going to this day, and speaking as a red who played during the time of Tram, the simple benefit of Fel having twice the resources of Tram kept Fel reasonably well-populated.

What Tram did was keep the carebears out of harms way and happy, which for any human with even a shred of empathy is obviously a good thing. More players paying a subscription = a healthier game.
UO only exists in name, not in spirit. UO as it was intended to be, died in 2000. The Devs sold their soul and went against the games grain to cater to people outside their target audience, to maximize profit. They went against their games design, split the player base, which caused economic issues and imbalance for a long period after Renaissance release.

As a business decision, it was a good move. But they failed a lot of UO vets, and failed themselves by caving in and going against what their game stood for.

The trend of caving in to those not apart of your target audience, is one of the major issues in the gaming industry, especially in this day n age. It's the reason we have so many clone games and unoriginal ideas. Mainstream gamers should just stick to their own games, and stop trickling into niche games, expecting it to be the next clone MMO they jump to, before they move to the next title.

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
UO only exists in name, not in spirit. UO as it was intended to be, died in 2000. The Devs sold their soul and went against the games grain to cater to people outside their target audience, to maximize profit. They went against their games design, split the player base, which caused economic issues and imbalance for a long period after Renaissance release.

As a business decision, it was a good move. But they failed a lot of UO vets, and failed themselves by caving in and going against what their game stood for.

The trend of caving in to those not apart of your target audience, is one of the major issues in the gaming industry, especially in this day n age. It's the reason we have so many clone games and unoriginal ideas. Mainstream gamers should just stick to their own games, and stop trickling into niche games, expecting it to be the next clone MMO they jump to, before they move to the next title.
I agree to a point. No pve server i agree with. But if you love the game only way to keep game alive is for the company to make a profit. If you love the game, you better hope it's profitable otherwise bye bye game.

Reactions: Skabsticles