PvE Server

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Yeah I watched your video and it's pretty obvious why that game failed. They switched the WHOLE game. You can't do that. And by a PVE server I only meant no rpking, Guild wars would still be a thing including all of the games sieging mechanics. If you want a full rpk game where people mindlessly slaughter each other then play the rpk server. I understand the idea of killing and looting things off of other players, and that would be great if that's how it actually worked. However in my over 480 hours I can't count how many times my horse and I were killed while mining and nothing was taken from me. They didn't want my ore, or armor, weapons, etc. Hence why I called it a gankbox. Some of us don't enjoy hours of meaningless slaughter. Guild wars? Hell yeah. Making sure I'm in a larger group so they we run around and slaughter helpless, usually naked, players for "fun"? I don't find that fun. And the bounty system to try to level it out is a joke. People running around through town with over 400 kills. If you wanted to be a murderer in UO you would build a house outside of town and have an alternate character or friend to do your town runs. You appeared red on everyone screen the moment they saw you making it very dangerous to be a murderer. That made sense. Anyway obviously a lot of you enjoy the mindless slaughter bordering on griefing, so enjoy your game. I don't know why I bothered talking about this anyway. Can't teach logic.
Well, here's the thing, in a full PvP full looting game, you can't dictate to people that they must only PvP when they want to play murderer or highwayman. You cannot police the intent. It is either full PvP and full looting, or it is not.

Should we have better systems that discourage mindless ganking and also make sense from an immersion and gameplay balance perspective? Absolutely. But having two separate servers where one is PvE only, would just kill the game. That is the fatal mistake UO made because of its short-sightedness and knee-jerk reaction (in my opinion), and it killed the entire game for both the PvP and PvE crowd.

Reactions: MolagAmur

VirSapiens

Aug 21, 2023
Well perhaps I'll keep an eye on this game. If it ever reaches even close to a balance point I might try it again. But I absolutely won't pay a prescription for the game in it's current condition. I know they lost about 30-40% of players when they added payment. If you don't believe the percentage was that high, look for yourself.