Just need to relaunch at this point.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Being 100% real what could possibly cause you to quit if you lost 1 week of queue heavy progress? Did you gain something you won't be able to gain again? I don't understand. I mean, help me see your POV. I think you are just saying this because you know there won't be a wipe, but why would you even quit, remember, it's a marathon ETC... 7 days is nothing ETC.
Because if we justify wiping now, who to say we won't justify wiping every time someone with an inferiority complex feels cheated? Why justify the wipe? Because some people are butt hurt that they haven't made X progress before X players? Well if we wipe now because of this childish reason what happens next time a similar issue occurs should we wipe than too, an than again when another issue occurs all because some people with inferiority complexes feel cheated. No let not justify a wipe ever, we justify it now we're setting the stage to justify it again an again an again. If I wanted to play a game were the server is wiped every other week I'd go play Rust not Mortal Online.

lg123

Jan 25, 2022
Because if we justify wiping now, who to say we won't justify wiping every time someone with an inferiority complex feels cheated? Why justify the wipe? Because some people are butt hurt that they haven't made X progress before X players? Well if we wipe now because of this childish reason what happens next time a similar issue occurs should we wipe than too, an than again when another issue occurs all because some people with inferiority complexes feel cheated. No let not justify a wipe ever, we justify it now we're setting the stage to justify it again an again an again. If I wanted to play a game were the server is wiped every other week I'd go play Rust not Mortal Online.

Are you honestly trying to make this argument and pretend you're being intellectually honest? You can't put two and two together and see where problems lie when the game is functionally unplayable to an overwhelming majority of players whilst those who are in get to reap the benefits in a way that any other game wouldn't tolerate? I won't even get into the amount of AFKs who clog the servers so that they can continue to accumulate before the player base can actually participate in the game.

Are you going to sit there and pretend like there is something that could line up in the future that could be even close to the same level of a disaster we're seeing now? No, you don't. You're not that stupid.

You know damn well that there is an almost zero chance something could disrupt the game like this down the road and so there will never be something to even justify talking about it.

And no the irony is not lost on me... that a game full of people who stroke their own egos about how "hardcore" they are can't somehow stomach the idea of losing less than a weeks worth of loot.

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
That's a pretty ironic thing to say that people who get in are selfish. So because you and others can't play the game should be wiped? What exactly are you missing out on that you won't be able to do when the game gets fixed? Are you upset because you can't no life min max the game in 7 days? What exactly will wiping fix that you can't do in a couple of days? I got max mounted archery in ONE day.
you are trying to say from starting fresh in the game with no outside help you created a character and maxed MA in a day ?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I don't buy it, tbh. lol. I've seen a lot of logics on da nets. That was an almost total deflection. You would quit because you would lose faith in the integrity of the game, is what you'd have us believe? Slippery slope argument?

You're still not seeing that people aren't talking about feeling cheated? (Even tho people DID cheat lool, people been cheating in MO) No one was feeling that day1, and I dunno if they are now, altho some people have said people were abusing some infinite respawn mechanic to make stacks of gold.

What would a complete wipe/relaunch accomplish? It would give us a new start, hopefully in a more controlled environment that did not overflow. One could say that repetition of words like... 'cheated,' or when people say 'selfish,' it makes me wonder if that's not a sort of projection. Did you cheat? :eek:

Cuz I don't really care. haha. It's like your saying if they found a way to fix all of the problems, but you lost all your progress, you'd quit the game. "We all know" (find a meme . com ) you wouldn't really quit, but just saying that is strange, especially when you put it on "cuz integrity." I don't buy it. I could see quitting if they wiped down the road, but a couple days into the game, even now? When people still can't play? Hmm...

To me BEING ABLE TO PLAY MO is better than NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY MO. It sucks to respec and all that, but like you said, it's pretty easy to do with some effort. Right now, it's hard to imagine the effort cuz it's hard to imagine the game working. Saying you'd quit makes you look suspicious if not dramatic, or vice versa.

you are trying to say from starting fresh in the game with no outside help you created a character and maxed MA in a day ?

I was thinking more like he shot a guildie for 24 hours while sitting on a horse, having all the prereq skills ahaha.

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
Btw they are now talking about a 24 hr rollback who do you think this is going to hurt most ?
It wont hurt my main Arfete she hasnt been able to get in the server since saturday .But the poor noobs that have bben trying to play in Haven with reduced ability to gain clade points ect 24 hr rollback through no fault of thier own will crush many of them .Most experienced player are either in Maryland and have progressed nicely (yes a 24 roll back will hurt them ) or they have been stuck in the que like 90% or the rest of us . Really despite what Henrik said he may want to consider a wipe instead of a rollback .Its the new players that he needs to try to retain us old MO 1 players just seem to hang around no matter what hell Plutus there can even level a maxed MA in day !! so it shouldnt be a problem to restart things .

Reactions: Smittey

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
it's been now around 8 days since launch, they just made a 24h rollback which for some people actually equals 2 days of playtime lost. and in the last few days most people could actually log in and play (mostly in haven) so an actuall full wipe is not such a farfetched idea

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I don't buy it, tbh. lol. I've seen a lot of logics on da nets. That was an almost total deflection.
Ask for my opinion than dismisses it by saying I'm deflecting "facepalm", I remember now why I set you to my ignore list months ago, back on it you go. If you so triggered by people disagreeing with you an having their own opinion than just stop posting on a public forum.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Denarus

Dec 9, 2021
UK
I don't want a refund, I want to play the game. It just sucks other people are able to play and I am not, because of where I live I guess? I'm NA.
dont worry. im from uk and havent been able to play not one minute. just stuck in queue like majority. its not about region its about how sv handles these numbers and it is poorly ...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Ask for my opinion than dismisses it by saying I'm deflecting "facepalm", I remember now why I set you to my ignore list months ago, back on it you go. If you so triggered by people disagreeing with you an having their own opinion than just stop posting on a public forum.

haha this dude really put me on ignore months ago? That's insane. Ok. But other than saying 'inferiority complex' a bunch and 'cheated,' you didn't really explain why it would encourage you to quit other than, in your mind, it increases the likelihood of some fantasy scenario way down the road. And, as the other poster suggested, that's intellectually dishonest. I didn't ask you for your opinion, I asked you for your reasoning. I wanted something that was logical, and I could be like OH I see that side of it. What you are saying did not satisfy that because, again, as the other poster said, it is intellectually dishonest to believe this is not a one-of-a-kind scenario.

I wanted to know why you said you'd QUIT even though you said to others how this progress amounts to nothing (altho there has been massive cheating, as an aside.) Your rebuttal was basically that it would ruin the integrity of the game, and that's just not a good argument. That's all I'm sayin. Knowmsayinnnnnnn?

Dono if I ever got ignored on MoFo before (prolly did without my knowledge!), but this has to be my first double dip.

Xexorian

Apr 26, 2021
I don't want a refund, I want to play the game. It just sucks other people are able to play and I am not, because of where I live I guess? I'm NA.
no its not because of where you live, the blame is entirely on SV

Xexorian

Apr 26, 2021
This is what I'd like to know TBH.
fuck that,
i'd like to know why we wiped and now we havent been able to play for over a week, when we had a few thousand players already during first and second stress tests, and why we launched with HALF the mechanics in the game.

We're missing sophistication / advanced cooking stuff, it's all really awful atm, very basic cooking system. The best foods should require 4+ ingredients, and not just be "Turnspit wheat shoots" like how the fuck are you gonna go pick grass and stick it over a fire and have the best stam food its not even fucking processed, the whole cooking system is garbage.

We're missing horse mechanics, pet mechanics, node lines eat pets, horses can't jump, they don't have int, str, dex, con, they don't breed, you can just ride them infinitely over water even if they stam out so you never need swimming, etc. That whole system while playable (which is a laugh to say that much)has been that way for months during beta.

We're missing chambering, weapon clanging, etc. all sorts of mechanics to melee combat, dual wielding, special abilities the first gamehad we dont, such as spear stance, dual strike, overhead strike, triple strike, fist weapons, and many weapons from the first game aren't in yet.

We're missing many creatures from the first game, and many of the mechanics from creatures currently in the game. Many combatant pets, such as wolves, hunter lizards, campadon's, the ones with attacks, who are not passive, may have attacks but no animations that play out to show the elephant is charging at you, you just instantly get hit for 120 dmg and only see it in the combat log, it's VERY basic, and there's not much going on here they really need to improve on this. They claim they have the most advanced AI but yet all it's capable of doing is standing infront of you and swinging, without even taking into account where it's swinging at you like how players do -- they don't aim for your head, legs, arms, they just attack in a few directions. Razorback can be parried but whether or not it's considered a parry or block is buggy, and you won't get counter-damage 99% of the time against ANY hostile creature because they're just buggy and glitchy, half of the time the animations don't playback, some zombies once mercy'd will go immediately into an attack and all the player sees is a zombie T-Posing walking at them. CMON Star Vault, what the actual fuck. that wasn't a problem during beta, not to mention all of the stuff above needs huge amounts of work.

We're missing many iconic locations from the first game, and this company will add in the content without telling it's players 'because that's just how it is' they don't want people to beat their game in a day, or figure everything out because that adds to the fucking mystery, how about it adds to the confusion, misinformation, and trolling from the community? Why not have an official wiki that at least explains all of these systems in a way that the developers understand them, instead of leaving it up to player interpretation. All this does is lead to hatred. Angry emotions. Confusion. Ppl quitting.

There are many more examples of what's fucking wrong with MO2 currently, just comparing it to the first game it's still missing ass loads of content.

But more importantly, my last biggest issue with SV is the thing I just mentioned. They really need a fucking wiki, or profession guides, even the custom calculator that was built by the community for crafting could be maintained by them instead of us the players. That way it should have the correct values, all of our resources are best guesses, and they make this game a pain in the ass to figure out because that's the only way they can get your $15/month right now. I honestly believe that's the business model. It's not about all the other stuff. It's about obfuscating information about their own game, for profit.

They really should reconsider how they are designing this game in this regard. They should add a knowledge system where reading books adds to a general wiki/information place in the in-game UI, where you can buy books, store them account wide, like permanent unlocks in a bookshelf or knowledge UI element that makes sense, if you guys were really hardcore you'd let us take the book back into our inventory and store them in a bookshelf in our keeps or houses and let players re-use the same books. If you've bought a book you should be able to keep it, why does it get thrown away when u cancel reading action? that was 10 fucking gold. Medieval murders happen for far less. Not to mention it's an ancient way to do things frm 20 years ago, make it a bit more modern, little bit more QOL for the player and less of a god damn pain in the ass -- holy fuck guys, it's just unbelievable.

I believe that there are a lot of weapon imbalance issues right now, specifically Steel poleaxes are way stronger than most other weapons, poleswords have to be made and crafted before u canunlock 2h sword which is a shame since poleswords are literally 2h swords on a stick, whydo we have to get 60 points in advanced blade smithing by making 2h poleswords instead of smaller tiny hilts that would be easier to work with? it makes literally ZERO sense. Poleblades and Poleaxes should both be the strongest 2 weapons styles in the game, they require 200 primary points and should be like the flamestrike of weapons. Now, don't get me wrong, the steel halberd is in a good spot, but the other halberds need tweaking, also I believe the poleblades should beMASSIVELY buffed with pierce dmg, and some swing/blunt dmg.

I think they should have comparable damage 1 to 1,
and that the poleAXES should do more blunt and less slash THAN a poleSWORD

In other words: this spread for Steel Poleswords is too fucked up; too low thrust and slash, and really bad for it's STR to Weight ratios. (use too much stam)
1643910231625.png

Poleswords are essentially swords mounted on really long sticks, this swinging speed should give them crazy high slash, and the fact it's a sword should give it decent pierce, instead compare these to Poleaxes;

1643910328936.png
With the Heavy poleaxe and the Halberd heads giving you 35 and 42 points of thrust. And the light bardiche which looks way heavier than the two I just mentioned has almost no blunt,is the lowestpierce, and second lowest slash, barely managing to beat 25 dmg in slash, less than 25 in pierce, and barely 10 in thrust... why the hell does a STEEL weapon have combined dmg of 35. Anyway, they should make all poleswords and poleaxes do more damage overall than all the other melee weapons because they all take 200 skill points in your primary tree to use them.

Let's compare this TWO-HANDED-SUPER HIGH END POLEAXE to a regular battle axe.
1643910473960.png
Now you may ask me what the problem is, and I'll be *blunt*. It's the fact that the blunt and slash are added on SWINGS and so this axe has well over 50+ combined dmg on swings, making it hit like an absolute monster, and it's not even the best axe. However the pierce is even less than the blunt is for a BARDICHE, and the bardiche has less slash and blunt than a shorter 2h weapon? how does that make any sense?

Wanna know what else is fucked?
1643910550637.png
Why the hell does the axe weigh 4.12 when a poleaxe weighs in around 2.2? Why is the MASSIVE BARDICHE half the weight of a regular axe? Weapon weight's should not be independent from each weapon head type, or weapon style.

WEAPON WEIGHT SHOULD BE A UNIVERSAL STAT THAT MAKES SENSE ACROSS ALL WEAPON TYPES AND RIGHT NOW FROM TESTING IT DOES NOT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix

Xexorian

Apr 26, 2021
Their entire balancing of the weapons and weaponcrafting is off right now; they really should take another look at all of them, basically 99% of the combinations of everything are really fucking bad, and there's a few good weapons out of them that are good.
Most of the 2h axes are too heavy to use when made from steel which makes ZERO sense, even on a max str character you can only swing them a few times and you're out of breathe and pretty much dead, even with max skills. That's bullshit, I've been a lumberjack before IRL, I can swing an axe all fucking day, and usually for twenty to thirty minutes before being winded, to each their own, I'm sure some people could only swing 5 times but they are out of breathe and are not my fucking Age 30, Stout, Thursar/Kallard, Max Height/Size... 8 foot tall. can't even swing a fucking shitty axe with shitty animations around.

Which brings me to my biggest complaint is how they thrown in all these systems since early beta, and have only added content since, they haven't FIXED the problems with

TOP FOUR ISSUES
1. Weaponcrafting balance needs to be looked at
SUCH AS; 2. The fact that everything gives the same EXP regardless of it's material usage
3. Weapon to weapon balance

SUCH AS; 4. Many weapons use the same exact combat animations, AND weapon weight's don't really make sense other than determining individual styles of weapons charge up time. You can't compare a 3.5 KG axe to a 2.8 KG sword, the sword will be basically unusable compared to the 3.5 KG axe which you could swing pretty much all day, but a 4.5 KG axe you can't swing 5-6 times and then you stam out? Why? How does going up 1KG on the axe make it so much heavier and affect gameplay so much? This makes no sense. Why is it that a 3.5KG axe is more comparable to a 1.6KG sword in terms of charge-up time? to full dmg?

5. Some combat animations like going from a right feint overhead with some swords makes it look like you just cut your own head off (not sure if the directions are correct butone of the feint morphs does this)
6. All poleswords, poleaxes, and spears share the sameanimations, andall poleswords are bad statistically and you are at a disadvantage for using them, and almost all poleaxes are bad statistically except 2 of them, which are god tier because they're basically the same as the high end spear but can slash with the full power of an axe, at about the speed of a spear, not quite a faster sword though.
7. Make more axes usable; make all poleswords/poleaxes the best weapons and have different animations since these are specialty weapons that require more character investment, making only the 2 poleaxes competitive is counter-intuitive to the general public. This ties directly in with obfuscating information given to players -- making it difficult to balance your game or provide proper feedback because SV want's to HIDE all the information from the players for the "SAKE OF IT" for the "Sake of hardcore" or whatever face-saving bullshit that they want to come up with instead of doing the work to provide us players proper documentation of whatever the hell is going on.
8. Lower the disparity of weapon weight between the swords, increase damage of swords in general
9. Make smaller the differences between all styles of weapons, and refactor them for balance
10. Axes are generally too heavy to use, and feel the exact same as a maces,hammers, those should be buffed somewhat as well.
11. Spears are in a good spot, but I feel that we need the overhead animation to also be a thrust, like how it is in Mount & Blade 2, or other games, why would a spear guy attack by swinging down a spear from above as your STANDARD attack? Also they should let us change our animations and give us a few styles to attack with, let us thrustabove, thrust below, etc. let us hold feint the begin an over to make it a slash, or something like that. it does no damage anyway so who cares.

Here's my suggestion;

On a thur/kal max size/str/dex/etc.
Take a TINDREMIC MESSING MAUL simple long handle, and swing it 8-10 times. (+50% more blunt than any axe, but hardly any slash)
Take a TUNGSTEEL BATTLEAXE simple long handle, and swing it 13-15 times. (30-50%+ more times, but similar damage, because it's an axe, and most armors arehigher slash defenses, so having them be the same damage is fine, the bonus to using 2h mace is that everyone has lower blunt defense in general so it does even more damage DERP HER DERRR)
Take a TUNGSTEEL HEAVY GREATBLADE ring handle, and swing it 20-24 times. (+25-40% more times to swing, but less blunt, similar slash, and more pierce)

The reason swords are so dangerous is because they should have good pierce, and fast light attacks, and even a heavy sword will still share these qualities just rationally speaking, so they should be far more usable, take less stamina to use, and be a bit more dangerous with thrusts than they are now, I mean for fucks sake, one of the main killing methods for hundreds of years was stabbing with swords, knights had to stab to get thrugaps in armor, whydo swords suck so much once you start making them out of steel or tungsteel?

I think the disparity I feel is when I compare flakestone 2h heavy greatblade (which isFAST, and you can swing it FOREVER) to a steel or tungsteel heavy greatblade which I can barely even fucking use in comparison. Plus itcharges up SO SLOW that the flakestone can get 2-3 hits in before you can counter attack, like its so slow, that if I parry you, and then tap an attack you can fullcharge a second attack hit me, and then parry my counter using a flake sword.That should never happen, and this proves the weapon disparity and imbalance. (I can already see the GK kids shouting to use cronite 2h weapons but those have less dmg so gfys thanks)

Plus I got off on a tangent about how badly balanced things are, and how they feel, and forgot the rest of my rant about missing mechanics, things, gameplay loops.. so let's just stop there and maybe they will have time toat least address the glaring problems with the game

SUCH AS NOT BEING ABLE TO LOGIN FOR OVER A WEEK AFTER LAUNCH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
fuck that,
i'd like to know why we wiped and now we havent been able to play for over a week, when we had a few thousand players already during first and second stress tests, and why we launched with HALF the mechanics in the game.

We're missing sophistication / advanced cooking stuff, it's all really awful atm, very basic cooking system. The best foods should require 4+ ingredients, and not just be "Turnspit wheat shoots" like how the fuck are you gonna go pick grass and stick it over a fire and have the best stam food its not even fucking processed, the whole cooking system is garbage.

We're missing horse mechanics, pet mechanics, node lines eat pets, horses can't jump, they don't have int, str, dex, con, they don't breed, you can just ride them infinitely over water even if they stam out so you never need swimming, etc. That whole system while playable (which is a laugh to say that much)has been that way for months during beta.

We're missing chambering, weapon clanging, etc. all sorts of mechanics to melee combat, dual wielding, special abilities the first gamehad we dont, such as spear stance, dual strike, overhead strike, triple strike, fist weapons, and many weapons from the first game aren't in yet.

We're missing many creatures from the first game, and many of the mechanics from creatures currently in the game. Many combatant pets, such as wolves, hunter lizards, campadon's, the ones with attacks, who are not passive, may have attacks but no animations that play out to show the elephant is charging at you, you just instantly get hit for 120 dmg and only see it in the combat log, it's VERY basic, and there's not much going on here they really need to improve on this. They claim they have the most advanced AI but yet all it's capable of doing is standing infront of you and swinging, without even taking into account where it's swinging at you like how players do -- they don't aim for your head, legs, arms, they just attack in a few directions. Razorback can be parried but whether or not it's considered a parry or block is buggy, and you won't get counter-damage 99% of the time against ANY hostile creature because they're just buggy and glitchy, half of the time the animations don't playback, some zombies once mercy'd will go immediately into an attack and all the player sees is a zombie T-Posing walking at them. CMON Star Vault, what the actual fuck. that wasn't a problem during beta, not to mention all of the stuff above needs huge amounts of work.

We're missing many iconic locations from the first game, and this company will add in the content without telling it's players 'because that's just how it is' they don't want people to beat their game in a day, or figure everything out because that adds to the fucking mystery, how about it adds to the confusion, misinformation, and trolling from the community? Why not have an official wiki that at least explains all of these systems in a way that the developers understand them, instead of leaving it up to player interpretation. All this does is lead to hatred. Angry emotions. Confusion. Ppl quitting.

There are many more examples of what's fucking wrong with MO2 currently, just comparing it to the first game it's still missing ass loads of content.

But more importantly, my last biggest issue with SV is the thing I just mentioned. They really need a fucking wiki, or profession guides, even the custom calculator that was built by the community for crafting could be maintained by them instead of us the players. That way it should have the correct values, all of our resources are best guesses, and they make this game a pain in the ass to figure out because that's the only way they can get your $15/month right now. I honestly believe that's the business model. It's not about all the other stuff. It's about obfuscating information about their own game, for profit.

They really should reconsider how they are designing this game in this regard. They should add a knowledge system where reading books adds to a general wiki/information place in the in-game UI, where you can buy books, store them account wide, like permanent unlocks in a bookshelf or knowledge UI element that makes sense, if you guys were really hardcore you'd let us take the book back into our inventory and store them in a bookshelf in our keeps or houses and let players re-use the same books. If you've bought a book you should be able to keep it, why does it get thrown away when u cancel reading action? that was 10 fucking gold. Medieval murders happen for far less. Not to mention it's an ancient way to do things frm 20 years ago, make it a bit more modern, little bit more QOL for the player and less of a god damn pain in the ass -- holy fuck guys, it's just unbelievable.

I believe that there are a lot of weapon imbalance issues right now, specifically Steel poleaxes are way stronger than most other weapons, poleswords have to be made and crafted before u canunlock 2h sword which is a shame since poleswords are literally 2h swords on a stick, whydo we have to get 60 points in advanced blade smithing by making 2h poleswords instead of smaller tiny hilts that would be easier to work with? it makes literally ZERO sense. Poleblades and Poleaxes should both be the strongest 2 weapons styles in the game, they require 200 primary points and should be like the flamestrike of weapons. Now, don't get me wrong, the steel halberd is in a good spot, but the other halberds need tweaking, also I believe the poleblades should beMASSIVELY buffed with pierce dmg, and some swing/blunt dmg.

I think they should have comparable damage 1 to 1,
and that the poleAXES should do more blunt and less slash THAN a poleSWORD

In other words: this spread for Steel Poleswords is too fucked up; too low thrust and slash, and really bad for it's STR to Weight ratios. (use too much stam)
View attachment 3477

Poleswords are essentially swords mounted on really long sticks, this swinging speed should give them crazy high slash, and the fact it's a sword should give it decent pierce, instead compare these to Poleaxes;

View attachment 3478
With the Heavy poleaxe and the Halberd heads giving you 35 and 42 points of thrust. And the light bardiche which looks way heavier than the two I just mentioned has almost no blunt,is the lowestpierce, and second lowest slash, barely managing to beat 25 dmg in slash, less than 25 in pierce, and barely 10 in thrust... why the hell does a STEEL weapon have combined dmg of 35. Anyway, they should make all poleswords and poleaxes do more damage overall than all the other melee weapons because they all take 200 skill points in your primary tree to use them.

Let's compare this TWO-HANDED-SUPER HIGH END POLEAXE to a regular battle axe.
View attachment 3479
Now you may ask me what the problem is, and I'll be *blunt*. It's the fact that the blunt and slash are added on SWINGS and so this axe has well over 50+ combined dmg on swings, making it hit like an absolute monster, and it's not even the best axe. However the pierce is even less than the blunt is for a BARDICHE, and the bardiche has less slash and blunt than a shorter 2h weapon? how does that make any sense?

Wanna know what else is fucked?
View attachment 3480
Why the hell does the axe weigh 4.12 when a poleaxe weighs in around 2.2? Why is the MASSIVE BARDICHE half the weight of a regular axe? Weapon weight's should not be independent from each weapon head type, or weapon style.

WEAPON WEIGHT SHOULD BE A UNIVERSAL STAT THAT MAKES SENSE ACROSS ALL WEAPON TYPES AND RIGHT NOW FROM TESTING IT DOES NOT.

PREACH. (x2, saw there were two parts.)

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
haha this dude really put me on ignore months ago? That's insane. Ok. But other than saying 'inferiority complex' a bunch and 'cheated,' you didn't really explain why it would encourage you to quit other than,
I did you just choose to ignore the reason I have, you ask me why than choose to ignore it an are still choosing to ignore it. Why though?Well personally I don't really care why you choose to do so, because your opinion doesn't matter to me because you've clearly shown you can't respect other's opinion.

Basically to compare what you did in a real world environment you walked up to me ask for my opinion about something than proceed to place head phones in you ear an ignore what I said. I'm not going to play your game an repeat my self 1000 times, if you failed to acknowledge what I posted the first time you'll fail to acknowledge it a 1000 more times.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
^ You dunno anything about me - dances -

I respect everyone's OPINION, but when we're talking about a topic of import, you gotta come with more than your OPINION. If you are coming like I DON'T WANNA GRIND AGAIN, that's a FEELING and an OPINION, and indeed it SUCKS. However, that is not a valid counter argument to doing what might end up having to be done anyway. You realize that is a distinct possibility the way things are going now, right?

I was just not understanding why you'd say you'd quit when you've also told other people that the progress made is nothing, and I believe what you are doing, in saying it sets a precedent for weekly wipes or w/e, is a logical fallacy. I don't want you opinion. I want your reasoning. My opinion is this is a shit show. I have listed my reasons.

I do actually respect your opinion, because you are a fellow human and I believe everyone has a right to speak their mind, but you are also going around and being a jerk to a lot of people who are experiencing a lot of grief over this situation.

I just can't wrap my mind around you quitting because you believe "if they relaunch now," they're going to relaunch later. You have to understand how damaging it would be to relaunch. Wayyyy more damaging than it would be to your progress or psyche. However, we are in a place right now where we are running out of options. Maybe they have the magic solution, and we are waiting for it, but it hasn't happened yet.

I gave my solution and I will post it here again for you: refund everyone's money who wants out, figure out what the actual functional amount of players that can play on the server is, cap it at that, run the queue as long as it takes, start a waiting list for people who want to buy the game on top of that if it's full. It's like a restaurant. If all the tables are booked, you have to wait. You might have to book out months in advance for some prime place in NY. Keeping the game up in a pseudo-playable state is nonsense. I also believe after they do all of these things that they should take the game down, do some work, relaunch it clean, and delete haven because ALL RESOURCES NEED TO GO TO THE MAIN GAME.

I'm not saying my 'opinion' or 'argument' is inherently better than yours, but can't you see the difference? Yours is very simple, assumes A LOT, is probably based in emotion (coming off I'd quit...); I read your opinion, and I said I don't buy it meaning it doesn't convince me that your stance is right in the least. The guy who said this is completely unlike anything that could happen in the future is right (God forbid if it does, cuz the game will probably die that day if it does further into release, or at least take so much damage it will never recover.) Now, we have a chance to recover.

Like I said in another thread, CEO has to make tough choices. That's why they make the big bucks. I know Henrik isn't like a F500 CEO or anything, but he still has to make tough choices. He has to make it work. The game working for ANYONE is good at this point. Even from the outside looking in. I can sit on the waiting list or whatever. We just need to know what the game can support, population wise, and fill it, then they can work on integrating a larger pop over time and routinely attempt to do so, even if it ends in failure. Nobody is saying the persistent state is wrong, but this is not working. It's not sustainable, and to hold on to what you have in game over 'fixing the game' is madness. I cannot understand why anyone who wanted to play MO long term would choose anything BUT "fix the game foremost, in any way." If only 500 people can play at a time, then let them play and put up a queue. Make it so that they aren't AFKing overnight though. Then over time work on adding in more people like they are going to work on adding in more content. It's just that simple.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I did you just choose to ignore the reason I have, you ask me why than choose to ignore it an are still choosing to ignore it. Why though?Well personally I don't really care why you choose to do so, because your opinion doesn't matter to me because you've clearly shown you can't respect other's opinion.

Basically to compare what you did in a real world environment you walked up to me ask for my opinion about something than proceed to place head phones in you ear an ignore what I said. I'm not going to play your game an repeat my self 1000 times, if you failed to acknowledge what I posted the first time you'll fail to acknowledge it a 1000 more times.
And you keep digging your hole deeper.