If you had a chance to get a full refund now, would you take it?

Would you take a refund if offered?

• Total voters

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah, it's a bad situation. You either take something away from people who earned it. Or you leave people behind in a game they paid to get in on day 1 and were prevented from doing so due to your mistakes.

I think what sways my decision is the people who would lose the absolute most in a soft wipe, are the people who abused the situation. They're also the same people who profit most from there not being a wipe.

Reactions: Balinor

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah, it's a bad situation. You either take something away from people who earned it. Or you leave people behind in a game they paid to get in on day 1 and were prevented from doing so due to your mistakes.

I think what sways my decision is the people who would lose the absolute most in a soft wipe, are the people who abused the situation. They're also the same people who profit most from there not being a wipe.
I dont think people really earned anything when the vast majority of the player base is stuck behind the queue. People have queue assets not earned ones.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Well, the majority of players affected in a soft wipe are regular Joes who got through the queue at some point and were able to play a bit. I think they earned what they have by investing time in it and playing the game normally.

I also think if they're allowed to retain their skills, those regular Joe's don't lose too much that cannot be regained. And the people who do have a heck of a lot are the people who have been abusing this situation.

And the people left behind have been left behind through no fault of their own. For instance I have been queued basically all weekend and have yet to play since day 2.

So a soft wipe is a good compromise.

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
No, I would not want a refund. MO2 is a fantastic, unique game. MMORPGs typically have poor launches. I am not defending that, but it is the current reality. This, however, does not mean that customers shouldn't be irritated or seek a refund if they choose.

I have been playing MMORPGs a very long time, and MO2 is among the most exciting games to be released in the genre in quite a while. In my opinion that is $40 well spent, even if I have to wait a week to play.

GrayFox

May 29, 2020
I payd 150 euros, worth every peny.. I cryd when they shut down Mo1 and when I logd in inside emty Tindrem... I did not even want to play the beta, I just payd to say thank u for the many amazing years Starvolt gave me.. Many years that will never be forgotten.

Reactions: 2022 and Moored

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Well, the majority of players affected in a soft wipe are regular Joes who got through the queue at some point and were able to play a bit. I think they earned what they have by investing time in it and playing the game normally.

I also think if they're allowed to retain their skills, those regular Joe's don't lose too much that cannot be regained. And the people who do have a heck of a lot are the people who have been abusing this situation.

And the people left behind have been left behind through no fault of their own. For instance I have been queued basically all weekend and have yet to play since day 2.

So a soft wipe is a good compromise.

It's just not gonna happen. lol. Like I said I could accept it if they'd just have shut the servers down. Then you can say it's a marathon. OK things gotta start somewhere. I'm living IN the world. I play diff, I am here for the interaction and fun. But this dev reaction makes me fear what will happen when the game is further along and real problems happen. If they are unable to take swift action like they were unable to this time, it will be much more catastrophic. I am severe disappoint. Basically I was hoping MO2 would become something special (cuz it's not yet unfort, too bare,) and was willing to risk it. I've put money on a lot of games, no worries. However, what is happening now is a lot worse than people are willing to accept. And it's not about the wipe or the servers being bad. It's that they are continuing to let the game run and stay up on steam to buy in this state. Insanity.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
It's just not gonna happen. lol. Like I said I could accept it if they'd just have shut the servers down. Then you can say it's a marathon. OK things gotta start somewhere. I'm living IN the world. I play diff, I am here for the interaction and fun. But this dev reaction makes me fear what will happen when the game is further along and real problems happen. If they are unable to take swift action like they were unable to this time, it will be much more catastrophic. I am severe disappoint. Basically I was hoping MO2 would become something special (cuz it's not yet unfort, too bare,) and was willing to risk it. I've put money on a lot of games, no worries. However, what is happening now is a lot worse than people are willing to accept. And it's not about the wipe or the servers being bad. It's that they are continuing to let the game run and stay up on steam to buy in this state. Insanity.

That is true. Once it became clear most players are locked out of the game would have been a good time to do a small rollback to before the issue started and shut things down until it could be resolved. Instead, they are allowing massive disparities to grow that cannot be adequately resolved without screwing one party or the other.

Like if I was a lotto winner who got to play all weekend I'd be pissed about even a soft wipe. Then again, who wins the lotto that much without attempting to game the system?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That is true. Once it became clear most players are locked out of the game would have been a good time to do a small rollback to before the issue started and shut things down until it could be resolved. Instead, they are allowing massive disparities to grow that cannot be adequately resolved without screwing one party or the other.

Like if I was a lotto winner who got to play all weekend I'd be pissed about even a soft wipe. Then again, who wins the lotto that much without attempting to game the system?

the damage is actually moreso thru the game continuing to be on steam and not 'temporary down for repairs.'

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
Edit: oh shit, or better yet... delaying them until everyone got over the covid. Yikes.
There will always be someone sick, so what you propose does not solve any problem but creates new ones.

Sorry, bud, but you are good at saying things as if they are true, but you are not good at making any sort of a logical point.
What you say is both false and illogical.
Your ideas cannot achieve the effect you are supposed to want to achieve. So there are only two possibilities.
1. You're stupid (I doubt it)
2. You want to achieve something different than you declare.

Part of me wants to wipe just to see what you say to new players in a few months when they say what you say now - we want to wipe for fair competition.

You say that I don't write logically. So tell me how wipe will fix the login queue problem and let people play

Kings

Jan 30, 2022
Would be cool to get something for those experiencing this other than SV delaying charging use sub time… which is expected as a consumer anywho (since it doesn’t work). 🤪

That being said, to all devs and community managers reading this… this game is pretty killer when it’s working🤩

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
There will always be someone sick, so what you propose does not solve any problem but creates new ones.

What you say is both false and illogical.
Your ideas cannot achieve the effect you are supposed to want to achieve. So there are only two possibilities.
1. You're stupid (I doubt it)
2. You want to achieve something different than you declare.

Part of me wants to wipe just to see what you say to new players in a few months when they say what you say now - we want to wipe for fair competition.

You say that I don't write logically. So tell me how wipe will fix the login queue problem and let people play

Hello. I regret coming back to this forum once more to make a post and clean up my vid thread (haven't got to do it yet, cuz replying.)

I will respond to you, again, and say the same thing, again, using more simplified grammar than my normal 4D sentences.

There are two simultaneous ( at the same time) things that should have happened on the second day, the server should have been immediately shut down when it was shown it could not perform. Then they should have started anew (wipe) when the server situation was fixed. This was 36~ hours into the life of the game. Nothing that happens once the servers are functioning can ever be equal to this 'opportunity' they had to set things right, nor would it be necessary. By doing both things they listed, they solved every problem we have. It's ridiculous to me that people say this sets a dangerous precedent. Truly, maddeningly... hair-pulling-ly ridiculous. It's something that is hard to even read or respond to. It is so short sighted and so unaware, and it has nothing to do with the fact that 'bad things will happen down the road.' This was launch. It failed (in barely more than a day.) Relaunch. I'm going to separate that sentence to be read again.

This was launch. It failed. Relaunch.

That is the ESSENCE of what some of us were suggesting; it has nothing to do with QQ cuz we didn't get whatever you think we wished we did.

Let me list some of the problems that could have been avoided: people playing the game being accused of somehow cheating the queue, the integrity of their assets being questioned, people playing the game generating hatred from the community for simply playing the game (because they are progressing and the rest of the community cannot get in), people rerolling to make a haven character and infinitely grinding up their skills in hope that they can be ready when the game properly launches (a fools errand, really,) continuing to sell the game on steam without listing in no uncertain terms, it's highly unlikely you can log into the real game at this point, thus generating massive negative reviews and refunds.

The downside of my proposed solution, the game is down. HOWEVER, you can still keep the steam sale up and instead of enticing people with the possibility of queuing in or adding haven content, they could have said, our servers are unable to keep up, we are working on a fix, thus we are offering a sale for those who wish to get involved when things do smooth out because we believe in our game and we want you to believe in it, too.

They're not going to wipe, and they're not going to shut down the servers. Two huge mistakes. They had a chance to make a quick decision, and they missed it. Each day that passed the "persistent world" got more persistent, and people put in more hours, thus making it more griefy to wipe. They could still shut down the servers, but I don't know if it would have much effect.

As for what you said, I'm posting this more to outline my point of view, because I still have no idea what you are talking about haha. I understand you are asking why I think shutting down the servers and a wipe would not set a dangerous precedent, and I believe I thoroughly explained. Beyond that, I got nothing else forya.

Jan 28, 2022
I'm assuming that everyone voting "no" were in the beta and are die hard fans of the game? That's fine, but you don't have to lie to yourself and everyone else trying to justify the price of admission and pretend what's happening is acceptable or that people are overreacting.
$40 plus a subscription is uncommon and any IP charging that should have a well polished gem. This is not a polished gem.
If I pay for a movie in a theater. I go and sit down with my popcorn, and after waiting for an hour the movie still hasn't started and I can't watch it, I get my money back. That's not over reacting. That's normal behavior. Accepting a demonstrably flawed product that's barely usable and thinking that people asking for a refund for something that's so flawed they can't use it unless they jump through hoops is asinine.

I started a day or two before the wipe on the 18th and said no on the refund. I've also played the game every day and had a blast doing so....why would I refund when I'm enjoying myself?

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Now will you concede that maybe I was right not to even consider buying MO2 until it was out (post-'release') for 60 days and IF it was healthy by then?
You have 800 posts on the forums and you don't even own the game?
Are you guys... poor or something? It's $40...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
lol wtf? I ignored that chick like ages ago because she had nothing of importance to say and would just say nonsense while spaming people over and over. I 100% knew that she did not play the game but now I know she didnt even buy it and never logged in.

What a utter waste of forum space, she defends every little thing about the game as super hard as possible.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
lol wtf? I ignored that chick like ages ago because she had nothing of importance to say and would just say nonsense while spaming people over and over. I 100% knew that she did not play the game but now I know she didnt even buy it and never logged in.

What a utter waste of forum space, she defends every little thing about the game as super hard as possible.

Yeah it just blows my mind because she literally argued with myself and others multiple times about game mechanics. Now that I know she doesn't even own the game, it makes sense, but it also destroys any shred of imagined credibility she had.

I just can't imagine arguing about game mechanics as someone who does not own the game and has never played. That's like arguing with the pitcher at a baseball game about how to pitch when you've never even held the ball.

Solaris

Nov 25, 2021
NorCal
Nah. I'm enjoying just leveling skills in Haven and practicing different combat techniques. I can wait for the server issues to get resolved.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I'm not poor. (It helps that, apparently, I live rent free
wtf? I ignored that chick like ages ago
in some people's heads .(Those who imagine that I gave up my interest in seeing if Star Vault would produce a game that friends, guild-mates, and others here in this community could enjoy ... just because those few stopped reading what I posted... are deluding themselves.)

I'm not rich, either; that's a reason (but one way down the list) I haven't found the confidence to re-invest money & time in SV through their second iteration of Mortal Online. They haven't earned my confidence, yet; they would have to do that. They'll also have to earn the success that will be necessary to keep those friends mentioned above playing. Gaming communities and how they function and progress are another interest of mine. None of that is important; but neither is what anyone else thinks of it.

It's also, pardon me for saying so, so much more than $40, or a sub fee every month, that one hands over to the makers of a game like this. I'm sure everyone here has his own idea of what he's invested besides money, and a glimmer of an idea of "on what" some of the players who content here have spent their time — too much credit to be given in this short a space.
Yeah it just blows my mind because she literally argued with myself and others multiple times about game mechanics. Now that I know she doesn't even own the game, it makes sense, but it also destroys any shred of imagined credibility she had.
Aw.

Did you come here, by chance, to be always agreed with? Becauase that never works.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I think I would want a refund if I could not play the game for a full month after launch, not that waiting a full month is excusable by any means, but my love and patriotism would give them a month.

So right now, is it possible to claim a keep? For those who can get into Myrland, are keeps open for the taking? At a bare minimum I would freeze keep spots until after this gets fixed.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Aw.

Did you come here, by chance, to be always agreed with? Becauase that never works.

No, but you realize you're debating with people who actually OWN the game and PLAY it, right? Your opinion just doesn't count, sis. You're the most nonfactor version of a nonfactor there is. Why would anyone listen to someone who doesn't even own or play the game.. when talking about the game? You've never logged in or played. I will continue to dismiss your opinion.