If you had a chance to get a full refund now, would you take it?

Would you take a refund if offered?

• Total voters

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I got an even better poll than BEFORE. OOOOOYEAHHH.

Me, yes. Maybe not earlier, but now, yes. Game dropped on Tues and it's Sat and there is no end in sight, also no attempt to curb the problems that are continuing to mount. SV please reach out to me and offer me a refund. I played your beta a lot, but I also gave a lot of feedback, which I hope was helpful. I'd just as soon walk away, even though I don't think I will get it, I'm throwing it out there. I'll also consider a partial refund relative to a month sub.

A voice in my head said "Don't do it" when I saw the MO2 ad. Never ignore voices in your heads, kids. I thought it might be because I could be making better use of my free time, but maybe the voice was letting me know something I didn't wanna accept: something like this was gonna happen.

Reactions: Balinor

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
psyop is right, MO2 perfectly fills the niche new world & other mmo's have thus far disastrously failed to fill, so to that end I'm pretty willing to extend a lot of patience. It'd be a different story if they started charging the sub early though, but they arent, so Im chilling.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
I got an even better poll than BEFORE. OOOOOYEAHHH.

Me, yes. Maybe not earlier, but now, yes. Game dropped on Tues and it's Sat and there is no end in sight, also no attempt to curb the problems that are continuing to mount. SV please reach out to me and offer me a refund. I played your beta a lot, but I also gave a lot of feedback, which I hope was helpful. I'd just as soon walk away, even though I don't think I will get it, I'm throwing it out there. I'll also consider a partial refund relative to a month sub.

A voice in my head said "Don't do it" when I saw the MO2 ad. Never ignore voices in your heads, kids. I thought it might be because I could be making better use of my free time, but maybe the voice was letting me know something I didn't wanna accept: something like this was gonna happen.

So just to be clear... how many hundreds of hours of beta did you play before deciding the $40 wasn't worth it?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I would pay too even if they didn't let me log in, since even the prospect of it ever working is enough of an incentive
I have a bridge that i can sell you the prospect of maybe one day owning……sounds like a perfect fit for you.

Reactions: Psyop

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
If they wipe, I will apply for a refund for breaking the terms of the contract. It won't be a "with no progress wipes or resets" game anymore. It will be a game - we wipe when players cry - and you will never know when the next wipe will be.

Reactions: CrgHck

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Calling for a wipe is unnecessary. Shit i was two years late on MO1. This isn't the kind of game where you get left behind and can't catch up

You max your character in a day or two. And days missed of gold grind really isn't a big deal. Whats happening now with people unable to login absolutely sucks. I've spent a ton on time in queue, but it is what it is.

Wiping will do nothing. There will just be another issue that comes up and people will call for another wipe because they feel behind. Its a never ending cycle. That's MMOs for you...

Ride it out and be ready to do what you need to do when they fix it.

Manbrosky

Jan 29, 2022
I'm assuming that everyone voting "no" were in the beta and are die hard fans of the game? That's fine, but you don't have to lie to yourself and everyone else trying to justify the price of admission and pretend what's happening is acceptable or that people are overreacting.
$40 plus a subscription is uncommon and any IP charging that should have a well polished gem. This is not a polished gem.
If I pay for a movie in a theater. I go and sit down with my popcorn, and after waiting for an hour the movie still hasn't started and I can't watch it, I get my money back. That's not over reacting. That's normal behavior. Accepting a demonstrably flawed product that's barely usable and thinking that people asking for a refund for something that's so flawed they can't use it unless they jump through hoops is asinine.

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
I'm assuming that everyone voting "no" were in the beta and are die hard fans of the game? That's fine, but you don't have to lie to yourself and everyone else trying to justify the price of admission and pretend what's happening is acceptable or that people are overreacting.
$40 plus a subscription is uncommon and any IP charging that should have a well polished gem. This is not a polished gem.
If I pay for a movie in a theater. I go and sit down with my popcorn, and after waiting for an hour the movie still hasn't started and I can't watch it, I get my money back. That's not over reacting. That's normal behavior. Accepting a demonstrably flawed product that's barely usable and thinking that people asking for a refund for something that's so flawed they can't use it unless they jump through hoops is asinine.

I was in beta for 3 days and I voted no. Although what you say applies to all other products, complex MMOs are not one of them, especially done by indies. So buckle up and grab a pint of patient, or eff off and we'll just kill each other.

Brewer

Jan 29, 2022
I was a longtime player of MO1. I KNEW in my brain that Starvault was smart and they would see this coming, especially after we saw the same login issues during stress tests and etc. But I was 100% wrong. Their mentality of minimal effort is what made MO1 fail and is already going to end MO2. I don't think I would fall for MO3.

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
I'm assuming that everyone voting "no" were in the beta and are die hard fans of the game?
You're assuming wrong.

That's fine, but you don't have to lie to yourself and everyone else trying to justify the price of admission and pretend what's happening is acceptable or that people are overreacting.

The start was terrible. Many mistakes have been made. Lots of people suffer. Wipe will be worse. It will destroy the basic rule - Mortal Online 2 is a persistent world, with no progress wipes or reset. Wipe will not fix login problems. Wipe will only hurt a lot of honest players. Some players gained some advantage, but so what? It will always be like this. There will always be someone to play more and longer. What will future players say? Do a wipe because those who started earlier have an advantage? You did sometime after a few days, do now after a few months because we want equal competition. Would you agree with them then? Will you fight for wipe? Then there will be better reasons than now, so I assume you say - let's do a wipe.
Why wait. Let us ensure fair competition for everyone. Let's wipe every month so that no one is injured. Equal conditions for everyone. You really want it?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You're assuming wrong.

The start was terrible. Many mistakes have been made. Lots of people suffer. Wipe will be worse. It will destroy the basic rule - Mortal Online 2 is a persistent world, with no progress wipes or reset. Wipe will not fix login problems. Wipe will only hurt a lot of honest players. Some players gained some advantage, but so what? It will always be like this. There will always be someone to play more and longer. What will future players say? Do a wipe because those who started earlier have an advantage? You did sometime after a few days, do now after a few months because we want equal competition. Would you agree with them then? Will you fight for wipe? Then there will be better reasons than now, so I assume you say - let's do a wipe.
Why wait. Let us ensure fair competition for everyone. Let's wipe every month so that no one is injured. Equal conditions for everyone. You really want it?
Why would a wipe be worse? They will never live down the taintedness of this horrific launch of a potentially fresh start. Anything going forward now is corrupted and tainted.

A lot of people stopped playing mo1 because it was tainted and corrupted which is similar to a lot of people who dont play games because of a lack of integrity and value to their time.

Its only the first week the longer they wait to wipe the more damage is being done to the game. People are getting a head with unseigable assets and no competition. Its not like we arent trying to playright now.

Its Henriks fault that the game needs a wipe and it needs a wipe.

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
Why would a wipe be worse?
If you wipe now you will create a precedent. There will always be people breaking the rules in the sandbox. Every time there is a problem you will wipe?

Its Henriks fault that the game needs a wipe and it needs a wipe.
The game doesn't need a wipe. The game needs a login and performance issue fixed. Wipe can't fix it.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Tzone is absolutely right re: wipe. I wanted a wipe day2. Wow progress. However, I've accepted that's not the policy. OK.

However: what is happening now is in NO WAY OK. lolll. It's honest to goodness ridiculous. It's fail upon fail, even for SV standards. It is unimaginable. I am not going to respond to anyone's attempt to bait me, I was asking a yes/no question.

To repeat: this is really bad. It has nothing to do with me being unable to catch up ( lol I didn't start MO at release and played on and off and had no trouble becoming a member of the community.) It's sad because what I will say is this is a money talks situation. We're not getting a refund. This was a theoretical question as in, how seriously are you taking what is happening, and I can see most people are like ahh it'll all be good. haha. I am actually surprised there are as many yes's and I hope more people continue to give their honest vote.

I am polling because I want data for SV to look at. If you wanna say stuff to me, go ahead. I been on net for long time budz.

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
The game doesn't need a wipe. The game needs a login and performance issue fixed. Wipe can't fix it.

if the game doesnt wipe it loses a lot of integrity in the eyes of a significant part of the playerbase, unsiegeable assets being claimed day 1 through exploits that were constantly reported is just one of the issues. this issue is seperate from the login issues though.

if sv cared about good pr, or wanted to make a popular choice, they would announce they will wipe myrland (not haven) once all login issues have been resolved. they already have gates in place to prevent haven gold funneling, but the damage was done instantly with keeps being claimed in hours. you cant build a dam after the flood occurred and be happy with yourself, especially if you had weeks of advance knowledge knowing the flood was coming.

Reactions: Balinor and Tzone