If you had a chance to get a full refund now, would you take it?

Would you take a refund if offered?

• Total voters

clandrunk

Feb 1, 2022
i voted yes.

i played no beta i played no MO1, i know nothing of the game other than what was advertised. what was provided is not what was advertised. its false advertisement. i am pursuing a refund

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I am going to pursue a refund (harder) once again in light of the (hopefully not misrepresented) information that there is no intention to stop sales because they want to continue to apply stress on the servers. I have 1 SV donate acct (yea not getting refund on that lool), and 1 steam-bought alt, which I bought a bit earlier than launch in Jan, and in hindsight SHOULD HAVE WAITED, but I was really pumped for launch. I have a small amount of hope I can get a refund on that one.

I believe they should continue to refund money of people who ask and put a warning on the MO steamstore main page that the game is not working online. In general, I feel like I've seen enough. Talking about old times MO is kind of fun, etc, but I want to erase my memory of Mortal Online 2 launch. I am still gonna have sub time if they don't give me my refund, so I'm not ruling out coming back if/when things are actually working, but I do hold grudges pretty well. It doesn't matter TO ME how many dubious mats people have accumulated, but if I can't log in, then the game is not very fun.

Coupled with the statement, as I said, that there are no plans to halt sales or even WARN PEOPLE (which steam should do, we should brute force the tag queue simulator hehhh), it doesn't seem like they are very apologetic for this. I hope you guys who are still trying to get in get in! I do not wish ill on the game, but I do wish they understood the amount of grief they caused a large amount of their playerbase (myself included,) and had some intention to make it right once they finally get the game up and running.

Doods got my e-mail address... knawm'sayin.

Reactions: Balinor

Krelian

Jan 30, 2022
I want to change my answer to yes, I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel here.

Vagabond80

Jan 31, 2022
I won’t be doing a refund just yet. This all seems like a lot of whining.

game is definitely broken right now so what they do about it in the next few weeks matters a LOT. I may be changing my mind based on what they do.

I also think their window for doing a wipe is quickly closing. If it isn’t done before this weekend they shouldn’t wipe. Personally I think it was a mistake, they should have wiped or sent everyone back to haven and deleted everything but the characters or even just a complete wipe… but it’s too late now their bed has been made. All they can do is hope less people quit because of it than if they had wiped.

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
I'm actually in game right now having a blast upping skills in Haven. Had to delete my char but now at least i can progress while they work on it.

HOW? I cannot delete my character. I've been stuck in a queue for literally a week now. There is no option to delete. I cannot go back to Haven. I can't do shit but sit in a queue. This is not a game, its a queue. It's not unreasonable to want my money back.

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
You can call the game a failure all you want, but point is that they all ready have more than enough fan base to support them. They (I believe) are not going for WoW numbers. They do not wish to please everyone, only the people that are actually willing to play. So let the numbers on Steam drop, sure it sucks but they will get them back in time.

That's a nice opinion for YOU to have, but as someone that has not been able to play for over a week, its not unreasonable for me to want my money back. Its not like I went to a restaurant, ate my dinner, and then asked for a refund. I went to the restaurant, ordered my food, ate a few chips they brought to the table, and then asked for a refund after never receiving my food. That is not unreasonable. I'll gladly let someone else take my spot in the queue or game (if it ever becomes a game), just want my refund.

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
HOW? I cannot delete my character. I've been stuck in a queue for literally a week now. There is no option to delete. I cannot go back to Haven. I can't do shit but sit in a queue. This is not a game, its a queue. It's not unreasonable to want my money back.

The secret is to persevere through the queue until you get to the character screen. You have to stay in queue and make sure not to be AFK when your number comes up.

But I got bored of haven and decided to go to the continent yesterday. Today I have been in queue for 12 hours now, went from 3500 to 350. Now I also hate the game and the devs and want to bitch and moan but I won't, nobody forced me to go to Myr.

No, I would not, because I still think the game is good and it is the only game of it's type available currently - however, I would not recommend the game to anyone else, nor support in beta by buying early access any future games AV would put forth.

The reason for that being, AV has been disingenuous to the point of taking advantage of the people who have chosen to support them, and incompetent in many areas - in their preparation, their decision-making and their actions. I like Henrik and support his vision and efforts, but it is absolutely clear they have done and are doing many things which are unquestionably wrong, and these are, unlike some of the issues, things which are within their control.

-They did less theorycrafting on launch than players did on their characters (didn't anticipate a queue, the need for a queue position counter, timer, audio alert when you get to login, AFK-booting resets etc.

-The login screen is a GPU-raping/electricity consuming rendered scene - when you know people are being forced to sit in queue for 12-24 hours, you should replace it with a static image. Instead, they force thousands of people to change their settings every time (and risk getting booted when switch their settings back), or they just eat it.

-Not backing up before an update. Really?

-Essentially having drafted every paying MO2 customer as an unwilling beta-level stress tester on a live service. Sure, they are not making people pay the monthly sub, but they are paying with their time, and if they queue - which they want people to do - with their electricity bills, which in some cases, will be more than 15$ more than usual.

-Refunds being refused because time in queue is being counted by Steam as time in game. I am not sure if SV could instruct Steam to accept these refunds, but surely they could do something.

-Overselling the game, and knowingly doing so to the point where they were an order of magnitude over the capacity they knew they could handle - and what is worse, due to a limitation that was not imposed by technical limitations, but by those of design and vision. They could have done a number of things to spread the load, but chose not to. This is fine in theory, but to actually do so is morally questionable, and no different from selling the same seat on a train or a plane 50 times. This actually happens in real life - I lived in India and experienced this myself, you are literally standing in front of a seat, with someone already in it, holding a ticket with the exact same seat number as yours, with another person standing next to you, doing the same.

And on and on. Legit technical problems I can excuse, making an MMO is hard. But disrespecting your players is another matter. It's amateur, disappointing and unacceptable. In the weeks since launch, even if many of these hard technical issues were still present, they could have done these soft things that are within their control, but they have not. For this reason, I understand anyone who would want a refund, or like myself, choose not to recommend the game nor intend to invest in their future projects pre-release.

Reactions: Balinor and Psyop

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
They could have done a number of things to spread the load, but chose not to. This is fine in theory, but to actually do so is morally questionable, and no different from selling the same seat on a train or a plane 50 times

Do you mean to say that SV has brought the concept of rehypothecation to MMOs? I think Amazon Games started the idea and SV perfected it. Not too shabby, considering that the entire gold market for example is rehypothecated 10+ times per ounce, we have something similar here. Of all places, I didn't expect games to catch this trend.