If you had a chance to get a full refund now, would you take it?

Would you take a refund if offered?

• Total voters

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
No, but you realize you're debating with people who actually OWN the game and PLAY it, right? Your opinion just doesn't count, sis. You're the most nonfactor version of a nonfactor there is. Why would anyone listen to someone who doesn't even own or play the game.. when talking about the game? You've never logged in or played. I will continue to dismiss your opinion.

I think the 'doesn't play the game actively' part is a ruse.

King Christof

Jan 27, 2022
Really? No one has even claimed a keep at this point (Correct if wrong, but while logged in have seen almost all keeps). Most peoples prerogative is mute. I will say the queue sucks terribly, if it is even a queue, the issue is by far the worst in all. The game itself is incredible, one of a kind, truly unique to its purpose. And respect to the creator for NOT allowing a force wipe. You really believe you will just get what you want by constantly bitching for it? My word people. The fact that the creator stays true to his claims is absolute legend in the gaming realm.

Many of you who just constantly complain no matter the circumstance I do not know what to say to you. The game truly is unique, one of its own, from someone who has only played less than I wish I could say I have (due to queue). The point is yes, there are issues, but for you to just trash the game is simply not fair.

You can call the game a failure all you want, but point is that they all ready have more than enough fan base to support them. They (I believe) are not going for WoW numbers. They do not wish to please everyone, only the people that are actually willing to play. So let the numbers on Steam drop, sure it sucks but they will get them back in time.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Really? No one has even claimed a keep at this point (Correct if wrong, but while logged in have seen almost all keeps). Most peoples prerogative is mute. I will say the queue sucks terribly, if it is even a queue, the issue is by far the worst in all. The game itself is incredible, one of a kind, truly unique to its purpose. And respect to the creator for NOT allowing a force wipe. You really believe you will just get what you want by constantly bitching for it? My word people. The fact that the creator stays true to his claims is absolute legend in the gaming realm.

Many of you who just constantly complain no matter the circumstance I do not know what to say to you. The game truly is unique, one of its own, from someone who has only played less than I wish I could say I have (due to queue). The point is yes, there are issues, but for you to just trash the game is simply not fair.

You can call the game a failure all you want, but point is that they all ready have more than enough fan base to support them. They (I believe) are not going for WoW numbers. They do not wish to please everyone, only the people that are actually willing to play. So let the numbers on Steam drop, sure it sucks but they will get them back in time.
3 keeps have been claimed so far. Last I checked.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think it's 4 at this point. Meanwhile, we're on day 4 of many NA players not being able to go to Myrland at all and most having massive connection issues. EU players are fairing much better and it's primarily EU-heavy guilds that own keeps.

Henrik has stated there will be nothing done to rectify this. No wipe. No soft wipe. I'd probably ask for a refund at this point if I were not anchored here by relationships.

nazgo

May 29, 2020
it was naive to think anything but something like this happening at the release, so no, I didnt take days off or divorce in order to get more time to play MO2 at release. I havent even tried to login since weekend, as it was obvious things would take ~1 week to fix. People are just way too impatient, tiny indie company is making an mmo and people are losing it becouse networking doesnt work on day 1

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
it was naive to think anything but something like this happening at the release, so no, I didnt take days off or divorce to prepare for the release. I havent even tried to login since weekend, as it was obvious things would take ~1 week to fix. People are just way too impatient, tiny indie company is making an mmo and people are losing it becouse networking doesnt work day 1
And people give less scrutiny to companies like amazon, who hosted their own MMO and the game was unplayable for running up to two weeks for a lot of people. The most ironic is the game was also being held up high to advertise their scalable server solution, seeing as they are a damn server hosting company. Lo and behold, people get more upset about launch issues for a indie game than they were for a 3xA server hosting studio made game with server problems.

This is a god damn comedy.

Last edited:

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Nah. The game is generally fun (if one can play, that is) and I don't spend money that I don't have, so it doesn't hurt me in any way to wait a few days.

And people give less scrutiny to companies like amazon, who hosted their on MMO and the game was unplayable for running up to two weeks for a lot of people. The most ironic is the game was also being held up high to advertise their scalable server solution, seeing as they are a damn server hosting company. Lo and behold, people get more upset about launch issues for a indie game than they were for a 3xA server hosting studio made game with server problems.

This isn't the same, tho. MO2 doesn't seem to even use standard stuff like a regular login queue.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah, there wasn't a single day of the New World release I didn't get hours of play. I chose a server for my region. I chose a server with a reasonable population. If someone wanted to play on the biggest server with the most people and got locked out because of that... well then their own decisions actually lead to that.

Same for every other game release I've ever taken part in. Never been locked out for more than a single day. And I'm an indie MMO enthusiast. This isn't my ride on the small indie MMO train.

However, this is the FIRST MMO I've been entirely unable to play for more than a single day following release. Much less 4 days and counting.

This is a uniquely bad game release. Even by indie standards. If it was just the technical issues fine whatever I'll just wait. It's the fact that I'll probably be a week behind and they are still letting people in order to farm resources and build houses/keeps. And they're not going to do ANYTHING to correct that. When I pay for an on-release game I pay to get in day one and get an equal shot. Not this.

I'm 10% pissed because of technical issues, and 90% pissed because of how SV is handling the situation. When more people are mostly locked out than not and their solution is "Just stay in Haven" they need to FORCE everyone back to Haven and wipe Myrland until we can all enter Myrland together and have the COMPETITION this game touts as its core value. I mean they'll still get the advantage of having to been able to train skills people in Haven don't even have access to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This is a very very trash launch. At least other games you could play a laggy mess. This game they wont even let you in.
Just because trash AAA studios have no standards doesn't mean the consumer shouldn't. They made so many mistakes with this launch and still are continuing to. As a consumer I have a level of standards and competency I expect from the product.

The no sub timer start isnt compensation, they should compensate the player base for this mess like other studios do. They made the game a rat race to get ahead but there advice for people is to just wait. It doesnt matter that you arent in game right now. The shallowness of their understanding of mmos is astounding. Other MMOs if a NA server went down while the EU server was up they would bend over back wards giving the server that went down free shit to make up for falling behind. Even if the two servers had no interaction besides bantering to each other.

SV is handling the situation horribly.

And people give less scrutiny to companies like amazon, who hosted their own MMO and the game was unplayable for running up to two weeks for a lot of people. The most ironic is the game was also being held up high to advertise their scalable server solution, seeing as they are a damn server hosting company. Lo and behold, people get more upset about launch issues for a indie game than they were for a 3xA server hosting studio made game with server problems.

This is a god damn comedy.
Your excuse for why we shouldn't hold amazon accountable for being a shitty company and having a terriable launch it is just blind. People trashed amazon as hard or harder then SV. NW is dead because people held them responsible. You understand this is a MO2 forum not a NW forum? People wont come here to complain about NW to SV. So I dont even understand why you are crying about us not crying about NW as evenly as MO2?

Just some weak deflection attempts. The point is that Amazon screwed up, SV screwed up. People complained about both because neither should have happened.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I got an even better poll than BEFORE. OOOOOYEAHHH.

Me, yes. Maybe not earlier, but now, yes. Game dropped on Tues and it's Sat and there is no end in sight, also no attempt to curb the problems that are continuing to mount. SV please reach out to me and offer me a refund. I played your beta a lot, but I also gave a lot of feedback, which I hope was helpful. I'd just as soon walk away, even though I don't think I will get it, I'm throwing it out there. I'll also consider a partial refund relative to a month sub.

A voice in my head said "Don't do it" when I saw the MO2 ad. Never ignore voices in your heads, kids. I thought it might be because I could be making better use of my free time, but maybe the voice was letting me know something I didn't wanna accept: something like this was gonna happen.

Wow that's an awful dramatic way to say you're mad because the launch isn't going well.

Not sure if this is your first MMO launch, but this is fairly normal and you should just relax and do something else. I stopped trying after the first day, and I'm waiting for new that it's working again. Grinding out homeworks that are available but haven't been assigned so that I can play more once it's a functional game again.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Nah. The game is generally fun (if one can play, that is) and I don't spend money that I don't have, so it doesn't hurt me in any way to wait a few days.

This isn't the same, tho. MO2 doesn't seem to even use standard stuff like a regular login queue.
There is that comparing between triple AAA and indie and expecting indie to somehow be the one that has more manhours behind it.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I'm assuming that everyone voting "no" were in the beta and are die hard fans of the game? That's fine, but you don't have to lie to yourself and everyone else trying to justify the price of admission and pretend what's happening is acceptable or that people are overreacting.
$40 plus a subscription is uncommon and any IP charging that should have a well polished gem. This is not a polished gem.
If I pay for a movie in a theater. I go and sit down with my popcorn, and after waiting for an hour the movie still hasn't started and I can't watch it, I get my money back. That's not over reacting. That's normal behavior. Accepting a demonstrably flawed product that's barely usable and thinking that people asking for a refund for something that's so flawed they can't use it unless they jump through hoops is asinine.

I mean... You paid for it, and there was all the information that the game is flawed. Flawed game + MMO launch, it wasn't too hard to deduce that launch was going to be a shitshow. People are voting no because they aren't angry reactionaries thhat just want to be upset. Hope you get your refund though.

Krelian

Jan 30, 2022
I don't want a refund, but I'm pissed people are able to log in and play and make progress while I am not. Just doesn't seem fair. I am giving it another day or two before I give up completely. I'm in NA.

Reactions: Kaemik

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Yikes…not only is MO2 set up to be winner take all based on resource allocation, but also a sever Queue is strapped on top, and it’s a free for all for the keep spots, no doubt with people using macros to stay logged online. This is the most FUBAR start I have ever seen.

It will take years of gaming to make the effects of these days go away.

Reactions: Kaemik and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yikes…not only is MO2 set up to be winner take all based on resource allocation, but also a sever Queue is strapped on top, and it’s a free for all for the keep spots, no doubt with people using macros to stay logged online. This is the most FUBAR start I have ever seen.

It will take years of gaming to make the effects of these days go away.
You can AFK and not be kicked right now. Only DCs past 3 hours will kick you from the server.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
No, but you realize you're debating with people who actually OWN the game and PLAY it, right? Your opinion just doesn't count, sis.
I'm going to leave that up to the individual, and take your opinion as one man's $0.02 — and I'm not your sister, and wouldn't want to be. There are those I call bro' in this community, and you ain't one of 'em.

I only played MO1 in Beta and for seven years, so feel free.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm going to leave that up to the individual, and take your opinion as one man's $0.02 — and I'm not your sister, and wouldn't want to be. There are those I call bro' in this community, and you ain't one of 'em.

I only played MO1 in Beta and for seven years, so feel free.

I fux w Naj, but like I told you dudes, she's on Troll level: sorceress. It's not worth the risk! Retreat :p Nah but really what is she doing that's so bad? It's hard to imagine what irks people so much about her when she's just talking. (Tho I miss that one guy who was spamming the RP section with troll RP posts, and I was encouraging him to. That seemed to be very upsetting to her, but to me it was good because he needed something to focus his energy on. I wish I could remember his name. I'm sure somebody does.)

I don't support ignoring people, but I go into threads and scan straight down looking for posts by people I want to read and people I don't wanna read I skip over haha. It's worked well for... geez 15 years? I grew up in chat rooms, tho, this is like a REALLY SLOW version of that. It also has the added bonus that, if people choose, they can duck out without looking like as much of a dick when they make a fool of themselves.

• Haha

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
People intimidated by a person that doesn't drop down to their emotional level of "debating". Hence the grasping for straws and using ad hominem as their only way of "refuting" anything she has to say.

Apparently it doesn't matter if she has a point. Since she hasn't decided to plop down money on a game, where its pretty clear now that trying to play now is a suboptimal experience. It's not like 90% of the game disregarding PVE combat and graphics is an absolute clone of MO1(i mean dont need to completely remake everything for a sequel, so its understandable. Better to build on something good than start from scratch usually). She has more experience in most things mortal than almost anyone here, ESPECIALLY MO politics and discussions.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
It's appreciated that you report what you see in the game, but...
No one has even claimed a keep at this point (Correct if wrong, but while logged in have seen almost all keeps)
3 keeps have been claimed so far. Last I checked.
I'm going with @bbihah on this. It's confirmed & corroborated by (No SPOILERS) what Castle information @Slyy supplies on his mortalonlinemap.info site.