• Yes

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 46.3%

• Total voters

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
No wipe. The difference between this world and other MMO’s there is actual player lore and history in Nave to take account. Sure God wiped earth once. But he kept a family alive so technically he did not wipe everyone. Wipe the bad guys and let the righteous live.

Also a small map is not good. It will make it too easy to kill people. If you want to kill you have to travel an hour to find someone slipping outside the gates. I call that chance. It’s good for the sport. 👌🏽

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yes. The game should be re-declared a beta with a 1-2 year horizon on a wipe/re-release.

We were all denied the fresh start we paid for when SV screwed this game's launch worse than any launch has ever been screwed in the history of MMO gaming. And that's not hyperbole or an exaggeration. I've never seen anything that comes close, even among other indie titles.

Most of the time people are talking about a "failed launch" they're talking bugs (Which MO2 also had in spades) or lack of content (which MO2 also had) or a queue that takes a few hours to get through. Maybe more if you go for the most populated server of a multi-server game.

But roughly 90% of the playbase locked out of the only server for weeks during a landrush, with no AFK kickers, and not even a properly functioning queue that counts down well. And then those keeps they got during that time haven't been siegable for half a frigging year. That takes the cake.

These numbers show a dying game. And we don't have subs yet. How is anyone expecting this game to survive subs being implemented?

How much a wipe will piss off the current community doesn't matter. This game no longer has a community worth mentioning. Just a few bitter old vets just like MO1 already. And half of us are already calling for a wipe and probably well more than half are pissed off anyway.

If they get the game into much better shape, relaunch in a year or two, and advertise that launch well, it might actually build this into something that can charge a sub and survive.

Reactions: Relec and Raziel

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
With the amount of guards around Meduli now, Meduli graveyard now safer than Tindrem graveyard? Seems a bit odd, but anyway.

Reactions: Bicorps

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
TBH i could care less if they wipe. Sure it would be fun to start over again and it would bring back some activity, but in reality it would fix absolutely nothing. Wiping or re-rolling due to dupes would make sense in a working game, but MO1 was so retardedly dupe ridden its a joke, and this game is probably close to the same. A yearly or wipe every 6 months just for activity kind of like Tarkov would be cool.

Also agree with everyone saying the map is too retardedly big. Their justification initially was that the increased map size is to "support the massive playerbase", but as we all know very well, the server cant handle more than 2k players to begin with, so what the fuck is the point of this massive map. Just add instant travel already, in ghost form atleast. This game has way too many cancerious un-fun mechanics, most of them for the sake of "realism".

MO2 playerbase, at ANY point in time, would be 100 times more fun on the MO1 map.

Reactions: Tzone

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
This is a bad reply. Your reply says "'This is a bad post/pol" but in your reply you talk about somebody's subjective opinion being bad.

Somebody's subjective opinion being bad is an absurdly bad assessement and I can't believe anyone can say that. I assume it is just people who come from playing Minecraft and Pong.

-----------

Jokes aside, it's a poll, if you disagree, just vote No. Some people disagree with you, we can talk about it, but there are pros and cons for a smaller map, just so much as there are for a wipe. I hope you understand.

PONG FO LYFE

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
We'd need like supermajority of people to even get it considered, and we don't have it. Remem when SV used to send out surveys? They should do it again.

The fact that you CAN dupe I think would be more easily to handle w/ the way the game is now. Don't wipe the chars, maybe don't wipe the keeps (if the keep holders and those benefiting from the keeps would get on board,) but just wipe mats, and houses, keep chars. Also get that public test server up :D I'd rather play, if I could use my chars, on a test server w/ less stuff... cuz at this point I'm just trolling, and I'd like to be a part of helping the game actually figure itself out. MO2 is sooooo much better than MO1. Potentially, but in... reality... it's so static.

But yea dupes, 4 servers, 2 weeks, glitching mobs, stucking bosses. GFG. WIPEU.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
We'd need like supermajority of people to even get it considered, and we don't have it.

If SV is smart, they'd realize while not 100% of the forum actively play, 100% of them actively follow this game closely enough to spend time haunting a forum. Which means the majority play. A wipe would almost assurdly be A LOT more popular among the people who've already left but might consider giving the game another chance. So we basically do have a supermajority.

All SV needs to do is improve the game to a state it's WORTH giving a 2nd chance. And Iike I said. I'd just redeclare the game a beta and put a 1-2 year horizon on that

It's obvious the game got rushed out early due to financial reasons. It still absolutely feels like a beta. One thing a 1-2 year horizon on a total wipe would do is make them a bit more free to radically alter some of the game's systems in ways that doesn't work when people already have leveled characters. For instance, overhauling aspects of the leveling system itself. Or entirely restructuring the skill map like they need to.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Yes. The game should be re-declared a beta with a 1-2 year horizon on a wipe/re-release.

We were all denied the fresh start we paid for when SV screwed this game's launch worse than any launch has ever been screwed in the history of MMO gaming. And that's not hyperbole or an exaggeration. I've never seen anything that comes close, even among other indie titles.

Most of the time people are talking about a "failed launch" they're talking bugs (Which MO2 also had in spades) or lack of content (which MO2 also had) or a queue that takes a few hours to get through. Maybe more if you go for the most populated server of a multi-server game.

But roughly 90% of the playbase locked out of the only server for weeks during a landrush, with no AFK kickers, and not even a properly functioning queue that counts down well. And then those keeps they got during that time haven't been siegable for half a frigging year. That takes the cake.

These numbers show a dying game. And we don't have subs yet. How is anyone expecting this game to survive subs being implemented?

How much a wipe will piss off the current community doesn't matter. This game no longer has a community worth mentioning. Just a few bitter old vets just like MO1 already. And half of us are already calling for a wipe and probably well more than half are pissed off anyway.

If they get the game into much better shape, relaunch in a year or two, and advertise that launch well, it might actually build this into something that can charge a sub and survive.

Uh... Half those keeps have changed hands already even without siege. Funny how those guilds that were going to "Dismantle" other guilds are now not even a foot note in Mortal history.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
With the amount of guards around Meduli now, Meduli graveyard now safer than Tindrem graveyard? Seems a bit odd, but anyway.

You can shoot people at any point in town without ever having the guards aggro on you. Cant do that in any other town in game... odd but anyway.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
I don’t think anyone is advocating for the nonexistent position of wipe but leave dupes in the game

That is the only position. You're not new here. Asking them to wipe after fixing the dupes is like asking the ETA for boats.

Get real.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That is the only position. You're not new here. Asking them to wipe after fixing the dupes is like asking the ETA for boats.

Get real.
Yeah I mean you’re right. Sv is incapable of providing a fair gaming experience. Guess we just shouldn’t play.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah I mean you’re right. Sv is incapable of providing a fair gaming experience. Guess we just shouldn’t play.
Pretty much anyone whos played this game did so knowing theres some people who have cheated and may continue to do so. Thats almost every online game. Theres even idiots in runescape who play the ironman mode that cant trade so you have to get everything yourself, and then pays someone in a 3rd world country to grind their character for them to get some rare item so they can 'flex'.

SV's job is to make the game fun enough that its worth playing knowing some people have and will continue to cheat, and trying their best to at least ban most of them. To me theres just no world SV can say they fixed all dupes and cheats permanently, and have me believe it. Most AAA games cant even fully stop cheaters. Cheaters always find a way to cheat one way or another.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No wipe. The difference between this world and other MMO’s there is actual player lore and history in Nave to take account. Sure God wiped earth once. But he kept a family alive so technically he did not wipe everyone. Wipe the bad guys and let the righteous live.

Also a small map is not good. It will make it too easy to kill people. If you want to kill you have to travel an hour to find someone slipping outside the gates. I call that chance. It’s good for the sport. 👌🏽

The thing is, it's more than just bad guys. It's 2 week server down and longtime groundhog day with 4 servers. That whole part is not really 'MO.' I'd prefer to say that part of history never happened.

Pretty much anyone whos played this game did so knowing theres some people who have cheated and may continue to do so. Thats almost every online game. Theres even idiots in runescape who play the ironman mode that cant trade so you have to get everything yourself, and then pays someone in a 3rd world country to grind their character for them to get some rare item so they can 'flex'.

SV's job is to make the game fun enough that its worth playing knowing some people have and will continue to cheat, and trying their best to at least ban most of them. To me theres just no world SV can say they fixed all dupes and cheats permanently, and have me believe it. Most AAA games cant even fully stop cheaters. Cheaters always find a way to cheat one way or another.

They could weed out the dupes over time. Very little oversight is necessary to see when someone is doing game breaking duping. I dunno if people who hack last very long, but they come around in the game and then prol get banned eventually.

I feel like things need to have serial numbers or signatures. Like if you have a stack of gold, it should generate a unique signature and if you 'duplicate' off of that, it should be like NAW. Same w/ other mats of high value. Then the rest just has to be work on the side of policing by GMs. Anyway, SV should have receipts for all of these mats n stax of gold. They need someone to watch the economy and how gains are happening.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

I think the problem with comparing it to other games is that we often get the argument that we shouldn’t compare it to other games because of the indie developer status. So we compare it when it’s convenient but don’t when it’s not. I get the logic but at some point sv just has to do better. The magnitude of the problem here is also the problem. Maybe some games fix it after a week. Not first addressing it 5 months later.

the other problem is when other games do as poorly with anti cheat and anti exploit as mortal I would quit them as well. Csgo for example is unplayable without 3rd party services like faceit

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix
D

Deleted member 44

The game will never wipe and I'm not sure it will really matter if it does. Items are still going to be duped and "prepatch" items are still going to exist in the game world. It is an unfortunate reality on how SV runs their game.

I wouldn't mind a housing/item wipe but I don't have the energy to rebuild all of my characters.

Reactions: Senusret and Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I wouldn't mind a housing/item wipe but I don't have the energy to rebuild all of my characters.

yea I wish there could be a vote on this. I'd def take the deal, too, but yea no wipe. :( We discuss, we cry.

serge

Dec 22, 2021
Games not ready for a wipe but yes it needs one in the future if it actually wants any hope of bringing back old players and new.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Game needs a wipe but its fundamentally broken. So you wipe away the issues only for them to reappear.

Senusret

Jul 11, 2020
restart with a bigger map.

population is irrelevant, players can choose to gather in any spot they decide.

but really i dont agree that we need a wipe. youre assuming that people wont continue to find unfair advantages..

imo you have to just enjoy the game as it is, if you concern yourself with balance and a 'fair fight' too much then you will never be happy.. this is impossible with current tech

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
In the best of all worlds, where dupes, exploits, hacks and idiots does not exists, yes a wipe would be good. In reality, we are better of having SV slowly and surely purging the dupers, hackers and exploiters. My main issue is the lack of a ingame pillory showing the banned offenders.