Should the game wipe?

• Yes

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 46.3%

• Total voters

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
those pesky griefer pvpers can always try to ambush, camp resources, try to stop me from trading... or hey, try to find my little hidden village and pillage it... or they can fight each other if they're bored.

the one thing im not interested in is having random pvp fights everywhere you go, every time you step outside of town... for absolutely no reason at all

i want pvp for some actual purpose, not randomly.

i want my groups culture to go to war with another groups culture over actual reasons that mean something.

I think SV could make this work, they just need to tweak the locations and availability of resources in the world.. so that players can have a reason to fight over them.

Just imagine 2 second... playing a PvP game but thinking that PvP is griefing .... ho my god...

Senusret

Jul 11, 2020
Just imagine 2 second... playing a PvP game but thinking that PvP is griefing .... ho my god...

El Perro used the word griefers, I was just replying to him in his own words.

I dont consider pvp griefing, i totally get that its fun and a big part of the game.

My point still stands which is that there is a big difference between pvp over 'reasons' vs random pvp on random people because we didnt get all dressed up for nothing

playing this game in a very small world would result in much more random pvp but do nothing to give any more substance or purpose to why were fighting each other

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I don't support the smaller world thing, i think with some additions to the game such as random guarded and lawless camps in the wilderness will definitely take some pressure off towns and generate a more diverse use of the geography of the map. Ideally to simulate inter-town travelling time of MO1 that was borderline acceptable.

Asking for a smaller world Is a completly unrealistic request, not because its not fair. Because they are just not gonna do it.

Ideally Id expect them to remake the world and configure it better but i think we all know thats not gonna happen.

Then better ghost travelling Is required, i find it obsene the ghosting travelling time Is so garbage, even swithing town naked Is tedious and it definitely shouldn't.

Then horses need speed and stamina tweaks to make travelling less hideous.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Uh... Half those keeps have changed hands already even without siege. Funny how those guilds that were going to "Dismantle" other guilds are now not even a foot note in Mortal history.

Oh right. I forgot we could trade keeps. Because that's totally a replacement for sieges in a game where PvP-determined territorial control is intended to be the highest content. Never mind, everything is clearly working as intended.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I don't support the smaller world thing, i think with some additions to the game such as random guarded and lawless camps in the wilderness will definitely take some pressure off towns and generate a more diverse use of the geography of the map. Ideally to simulate inter-town travelling time of MO1 that was borderline acceptable.

Asking for a smaller world Is a completly unrealistic request, not because its not fair. Because they are just not gonna do it.

Ideally Id expect them to remake the world and configure it better but i think we all know thats not gonna happen.

Then better ghost travelling Is required, i find it obsene the ghosting travelling time Is so garbage, even swithing town naked Is tedious and it definitely shouldn't.

Then horses need speed and stamina tweaks to make travelling less hideous.

ye and more regional resources, you shouldn't have to travel so far from Bakti, for instance, for 'real stam food.'

Also the spawns are too heavy atm (imo,) you go into a horse spawn and there are like 15 horses when the game is so depopped that needs to be tuned down. You should not be promised a horse.

Edit: get on some back in the day shit where someone comes in, tames a horse, and shoots the other horse you were about to tame, then rides away.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Let me explain.
We all know some people duped gold.
We all know that the map, right now, is way too big (for the current population, imagine how much worse it will be for an even smaller playercount)
We all know that some people got overpowered trinkets at the start which are not attainable anymore.
The inflation is through the roof!

Should the game wipe? After most bugs are fixed, and TC is done, should we wipe with a smaller map? Completely from scratch?
That was alltime happened in MO1 and this is not brokew the game and economics. They work on fixing bugs and exploits. Right now we are not pay for the game and this is betta test, then what are you talked about? How about people like me, who played 1k hours plus and got fair stacks of golds and mats?

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
At this point there have been so many questionable activities that have been ignored to such a degree that the entire economy is FUBAR. You could have 3 degrees of separation between your transitions and illicit transactions and it's still had a massive effect most likely because of the major impact it's had on the game's economy.

A wipe is the only fix. Even "just wait for things to normalize" when you have people sitting on hoards of stuff that are smart enough to not release it all at once and tank the economy. Those people will probably be releasing their stockpiles in small doses over the next 5-10 years if the game manages to survive that long.

Reactions: tal0s

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Gimme second. If cheater have a profit from cheating, he can repeat or try new method to make something in game.
Bunhc of people worked hard to gewt something. And if wipe happened - they lost times\goods\reason to play.

Then wipe, how i say, its not an exit. Its not help in a future. Cuz cheaters find a new method to cheat and only fair players get rected from wipe.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
SV will never wipe, they said so again and again. Get over it.

A lot of companies have done things they said they would never do after consistent pressure from their customer base. So... no. SV needs to wipe and I'm going to continue to say it.

I don't expect them to do it, but if Henrik will never budge on anything he's said he will never budge on then this game is already doomed.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Gimme second. If cheater have a profit from cheating, he can repeat or try new method to make something in game.
Bunhc of people worked hard to gewt something. And if wipe happened - they lost times\goods\reason to play.

Then wipe, how i say, its not an exit. Its not help in a future. Cuz cheaters find a new method to cheat and only fair players get rected from wipe.

That's why I keep saying that rather than wiping now the game just needs to go back into beta. If we wipe right now you're entirely right, they're going to find a new exploit next month and wreck the economy again.

If they take the game back into beta for a couple years then they might release something at the end where if they wipe at that point, the economy will get off to a less ridiculous start with fewer abuses and exploits wrecking it as it develops.

Reactions: Tzone

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Economy ie wrecked? I didnt see it sry.
Yes, some people got IMBA stuff, but its like before. That happened alltimes and that stuff loses alltimes. I am a trader and posssible yes, i didnt have expensive rare trinkets, but economy not broked.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Economy ie wrecked? I didnt see it sry.
Yes, some people got IMBA stuff, but its like before. That happened alltimes and that stuff loses alltimes. I am a trader and posssible yes, i didnt have expensive rare trinkets, but economy not broked.

How many times the cost of building a keep from scratch should trinkets be going for them?

Reactions: Teknique

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
How many times the cost of building a keep from scratch should trinkets be going for them?
I not sure, but i buy some trinkent in MO1 for 3-5k golds. Cuz you canmade more then build, you can change youre character and add some nice shit.
Maybe im wrong, but i dont understand ur dramatics

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I not sure, but i buy some trinkent in MO1 for 3-5k golds. Cuz you canmade more then build, you can change youre character and add some nice shit.
Maybe im wrong, but i dont understand ur dramatics

Simply put, if things valued at 10k+gold are not exceedingly rare, the entire economy is trashed.

______

Now for the complex reasoning behind the above statement. The issue with MO2's economy is due to two major problems. The first is a concept sometimes referred to in game design as "faucets and drains". Faucets are ways currency is introduced into the game economy. For instance, killing an enemy that drops gold or vendoring items for gold. Drains are ways gold is removed from the economy. For instance, buying books or paying taxes on your house. If well-balanced drains should provide value for the currency at a constant enough rate that the value of the in-game currency holds fairly steady. We're seeing a lack of drains in MO2 which is leading to hyperinflation.

Secondly, the value of the rarest items is going to be determined by what the richest players who need them can afford to pay. When you say, lock the best money-making method in the game by tenfold to players with a few rare skills, and allow them to abuse game mechanics to profit massively for a few months, stockpiling flux away like they're De Beers and flux is diamonds, those people are going to get VERY rich and raise the difficulty of anyone not using said money-making method of acquiring any of those rarer items dramatically.

And how do we know it's a problem and inflation has gone entirely out of control / huge imbalances have been created? Because keeps are made entirely from the types of materials gathered by low-tier gatherers (gold, wood, stone, cheap metals) yet are intended to be the biggest most expensive thing in the game. They aren't just a singular purchase for a singular player. They're intended to be the sum total of efforts of a large guild or alliance. Nothing in them is hard to get but the quantities are supposed to reflect a major expenditure through the combined efforts of a large guild.

Yet transactions are happening many times a day now where people purchase a singular item using personal funds for more than the value of an entire keep.

That is a busted economy.

Last edited:

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Simply put, if things valued at 10k+gold are not exceedingly rare, the entire economy is trashed.

______

Now for the complex reasoning behind the above statement. The issue with MO2's economy is due to two major problems. The first is a concept sometimes referred to in game design as "faucets and drains". Faucets are ways currency is introduced into the game economy. For instance, killing an enemy that drops gold or vendoring items for gold. Drains are ways gold is removed from the economy. For instance, buying books or paying taxes on your house. If well-balanced drains should provide value for the currency at a constant enough rate that the value of the in-game currency holds fairly steady. We're seeing a lack of drains in MO2 which is leading to hyperinflation.

Secondly, the value of the rarest items is going to be determined by what the richest players who need them can afford to pay. When you say, lock the best money-making method in the game by tenfold to players with a few rare skills, and allow them to abuse game mechanics to profit massively for a few months, stockpiling flux away like they're De Beers and flux is diamonds, those people are going to get VERY rich and raise the difficulty of anyone not using said money-making method of acquiring any of those rarer items dramatically.

And how do we know it's a problem and inflation has gone entirely out of control / huge imbalances have been created? Because keeps are made entirely from the types of materials gathered by low-tier gatherers (gold, wood, stone, cheap metals) yet are intended to be the biggest most expensive thing in the game. They aren't just a singular purchase for a singular player. They're intended to be the sum total of efforts of a large guild or alliance. Nothing in them is hard to get but the quantities are supposed to reflect a major expenditure through the combined efforts of a large guild.

Yet transactions are happening many times a day now where people purchase a singular item using personal funds for more than the value of an entire keep.

That is a busted economy.
I got 3 village and 2 keeps in MO1. I made it only with fair play, cuz i got 16 characters (4 accounts). Also, i still got like a 3-4 stacks of golds in MO1.
Keeps, houses, other TC is nothing. Keep never being expensive and main in a game only for TC wars and cuz red priest inside/
Right now, i can have a priest in a my house for 300g. I have no stat loss, then i have no problem and no reason to have a keep.
Your think about "main game reason" is wrong.
Also, how u say, there is still to much reason to make and lose money - then economics is good.
Jut for me, i still sell all materialls (products) for same or more then before price, and how i say, i dont understand why you told me about broken economy