Should the game wipe?

• Yes

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 46.3%

• Total voters

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
In the best of all worlds, where dupes, exploits, hacks and idiots does not exists, yes a wipe would be good. In reality, we are better of having SV slowly and surely purging the dupers, hackers and exploiters. My main issue is the lack of a ingame pillory showing the banned offenders.
Well you must hold Henrik directly responsible for promising a wall of shame on multiple occasions and then not delivering.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Well you must hold Henrik directly responsible for promising a wall of shame on multiple occasions and then not delivering.
I really, really, want to throw rotten fruit at them. I am sure I am not alone in this. Make a pillory, put them there. We have monthly ban reports, Lets have monthly executions and punishments. It could be an amazing event.

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
bump, They need to wipe and make the map way smaller, it is NOT sustainable to have a map this big.

The map is approximately 16000 meters wide and tall (256000000m squared).

If you divide the map into 100 by 100 meter squares (10000m squared) you end up with a population value of 25600. Or if you go by 200 by 200 meter squares, you get a population of 6400.

This means even if you have 25000+ players online at once, spread evenly across the entire map, they will not even be able to see each other at all.

Reactions: Xunila and Teknique

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
bump, They need to wipe and make the map way smaller, it is NOT sustainable to have a map this big.

If you divide the map into 100 by 100 meter squares (10000m squared) you end up with a population value of 25600. Or if you go by 200 by 200 meter squares, you get a population of 6400.

This means even if you have 25000+ players online at once, spread evenly across the entire map, they will not even be able to see each other at all.

Isn't that a good thing in a game like this? Do you really want it to feel like a max population ARMA match?

Reactions: Senusret

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
Isn't that a good thing in a game like this? Do you really want it to feel like a max population ARMA match?
I am saying that if you had 25000 players online, the map would be too big.

We are at the point where we have 300-400 players at offpeak times, and if you factor in how many are AFK or all clumped into towns half-AFK/just talking to people then that number is considerably lower.

This also works the other way, if the map was made smaller then most players will still just be clumped into hotspots which makes the majority of the actual map even more empty. Which is all the more reason to make the map smaller so that it feels alive.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Henrik is the biggest issue with the game if we are being honest. Dude has HAD the potential for such a good game at his fingertips for over a decade. Gets a second chance, and shits the bed. AND still refuses to acknowledge all the massive issues with the game (well until recently I guess with the meme that is Project Polish).

Reality is the game is fucked. For a vast majority of gamers the game is dead and nobody will care to take a look at it again months or years from now when Henrik claims its much better than launch. Even if Project Polish goes well I still don't see how they will manage to get 1000+ players back AND start charging them a sub. Unless there is something drastic such as a relaunch or something like an NA server. I guess only time will tell.

As for people not wanting a wipe in the absolute fucked economy with cheaters and dupes...the game is a literal beta. And betas get wiped. I don't understand how a legit player wouldn't be all for it. You're hard work is pennies compared to the cheaters with literal stacks of gold. Cheaters are still running around the game now, and in the small chance it gets caught, they have 10 more Argentina Steam accounts ready to go. Dudes are bragging about it, and the ones that are doing it are doing it because they hate Star Vault.

Its really annoying things are the way they are. Really wanted MO2 to be good. But it just ain't it.

Oh and lastly, the one megaserver with 2000+ people isn't possible. Its just never gonna work well no matter what they tell you. The game was failed the day it launched. The 6x larger map or whatever was just a weird flex from Henrik just as the 1000 player battle royale game he made lmao

Senusret

Jul 11, 2020

no they need to make the map bigger.. what makes you think people playing this game together in a group want to see you?

a huge map allows people to group up in areas and create their own culture. it also increases the mystery and danger of travel and trade.

there would still be conflict over resources, trade caravans, banditry, etc. the way the game should be.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Let me explain.
We all know some people duped gold.
We all know that the map, right now, is way too big (for the current population, imagine how much worse it will be for an even smaller playercount)
We all know that some people got overpowered trinkets at the start which are not attainable anymore.
The inflation is through the roof!

Should the game wipe? After most bugs are fixed, and TC is done, should we wipe with a smaller map? Completely from scratch?
was wondering what kind of trinked will are overpowered and cant find anymore?

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
no they need to make the map bigger.. what makes you think people playing this game together in a group want to see you?

a huge map allows people to group up in areas and create their own culture. it also increases the mystery and danger of travel and trade.

there would still be conflict over resources, trade caravans, banditry, etc. the way the game should be.
maybe a single player game is better for you

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
no I’m happy with an mmorpg. Maybe a small arena death match game is better for you
well a mmorpg and especially a sandbox is about player interaction, it seems a co op game where u and ur buddies can build your own "culture" without those pesky griefer death match pvpers would suit u more

Senusret

Jul 11, 2020
well a mmorpg and especially a sandbox is about player interaction, it seems a co op game where u and ur buddies can build your own "culture" without those pesky griefer death match pvpers would suit u more

those pesky griefer pvpers can always try to ambush, camp resources, try to stop me from trading... or hey, try to find my little hidden village and pillage it... or they can fight each other if they're bored.

the one thing im not interested in is having random pvp fights everywhere you go, every time you step outside of town... for absolutely no reason at all

i want pvp for some actual purpose, not randomly.

i want my groups culture to go to war with another groups culture over actual reasons that mean something.

I think SV could make this work, they just need to tweak the locations and availability of resources in the world.. so that players can have a reason to fight over them.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

The map I believe in total is 20km x 20km. Now this includes the water around the land.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
those pesky griefer pvpers can always try to ambush, camp resources, try to stop me from trading... or hey, try to find my little hidden village and pillage it... or they can fight each other if they're bored.

the one thing im not interested in is having random pvp fights everywhere you go, every time you step outside of town... for absolutely no reason at all

i want pvp for some actual purpose, not randomly.

i want my groups culture to go to war with another groups culture over actual reasons that mean something.

I think SV could make this work, they just need to tweak the locations and availability of resources in the world.. so that players can have a reason to fight over them.

Sen you know that would require work.. and they dont want to put in work. They want easy "bangs"...

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
yeah the first thing ppl want when they come from work is... work more xD
I mean when I did piracy in other games... I didnt camp out newby areas hoping to snag a easy kill. I also didnt run around saying I was a elite pvper for beating on carebears who were farming. Even though I was one of the top 1% of pvpers in that game.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I mean when I did piracy in other games... I didnt camp out newby areas hoping to snag a easy kill. I also didnt run around saying I was a elite pvper for beating on carebears who were farming. Even though I was one of the top 1% of pvpers in that game.
wow thats impressive, too bad those skills didnt translate to MO

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
keep releasing QA & core content to replace the placeholder stuff, save up big load of content & pvp rework & tc siege for sub-drop 'expansion relaunch event', wipe for the (re)launch of "Mortal Online 2: A Nave Reborn Definitive HD Cronite Edition", have Henrik host a live stream where he has big propaganda speech about the future of gaming the children are the future freeeddooom etc. etc.
release w/ sub drop
BOOM!
1Bil+ subs overnight, MortalMania ensues,
& the money just prints itself from there...

Last edited: