Votes: 51 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 46.3%

• Total voters

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Let me explain.
We all know some people duped gold.
We all know that the map, right now, is way too big (for the current population, imagine how much worse it will be for an even smaller playercount)
We all know that some people got overpowered trinkets at the start which are not attainable anymore.
The inflation is through the roof!

Should the game wipe? After most bugs are fixed, and TC is done, should we wipe with a smaller map? Completely from scratch?

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Should the game wipe? After most bugs are fixed, and TC is done, should we wipe with a smaller map? Completely from scratch?
Yes. Won't happen though. Literal zero percent chance, because Henrik is too proud and has never admitted to his mistakes. He has the power to make things right, but he won't.

Reactions: Hodo and Bicorps

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
Let me explain.
We all know that the map, right now, is way too big (for the current population, imagine how much worse it will be for an even smaller playercount)
We all know that some people got overpowered trinkets at the start which are not attainable anymore.

Why wipe now? There will always be dupes. There are dupes in game that came from MO1. So wipe now. More people dupe. Then wipe again?

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
At this point, it's the only time I would accept a wipe, but I would recommend timing it with major changes and things to invest(gold sinks) or it'll just end up being the same again in a month. If no sieging would be present, then keeps disabled.

-Aside from dupes, gold is so easy to farm that people are willing to trade 1000s of gold for a single trinket. It's worse than MO1 Sarducca era, the economy is so fucked gold has no real meaning.
-The game launch fuckup involving major head starts and uncontested keep claiming.
-Typical SV content addition that gets implemented OP and then nerfed, creating Pre-patch super items for those lucky to get in early.

But it won't happen, one thing SV has kept their word on for over a decade, is to never wipe. Which is something I admire, but if there was a single time a wipe would be viable, is now or the near future.

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
The smaller map would be nice. I think this game ends up with a population similar to MO1 in 2016 when the subs start. 300 to 400 people at peak time on a map 6x bigger is not a game I want to play.

Reactions: Bicorps

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Wipe doesnt all of a sudden make the game fun. It would just make a lot of people who still have been grinding quit. The map is too big, standing system sucks and promotes not fighting, and 1 char slots so u cant just have characters around the world to try and find actions faster. Along with the game having virtually 0 actual content to keep people playing and out in the world.

World wipe with smaller map, I'd 100% support. Current map is way too big and boring for the bad player base we have, that isnt going to ever be higher than it is now.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
I can never understand the argument about mindless grinders ever wanting to stop mindlessly grinding. There are so many games that wipe and people just keep grinding and grinding. Imho if MO2 adopted more mechanics from survival genre games it would be a more fun game to play in general.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Id say yes if they actually managed to solve the duping problem and the cheat that works since months b4 launch. How can they be so idiotic for not fixing those vulnerabilities, a shame really.
Now they won't ever wipe, specially because they won't ever aknowledge theres a problematic with duping and cheating.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Let me explain.

This is a bad post/poll. Your poll says "should the game wipe" but in your post you talk about a smaller map as well.

A smaller map is an absurdly bad idea and i can't believe anyone supports it. I assume it is just people who come from survival game and not sandbox mmos?

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I can never understand the argument about mindless grinders ever wanting to stop mindlessly grinding. There are so many games that wipe and people just keep grinding and grinding. Imho if MO2 adopted more mechanics from survival genre games it would be a more fun game to play in general.

MO2 is not a survival game. Why do people keep talking like this?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
WIpe and rerelease in a few years.

Also sell the company to amazon or some shit for like a couple hotdogs

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Wipe will not solve any problems with inflation, the problem will come back. Some people will become insanely rich either cause they farm alot or find some perfideous exploit. In the persistent world there will never be equal footing, some will be poor, some rich. Some will cater to the rich and sell at inflated prices, some will cater to the poor and sell at low prices. Gold has not lost its value for the poor, only for the rich. The best hope for the "economy" is that people ignore the rich and cater to the people without stacks and stacks of gold.

I would rather see SV make a robot to search the database for trinkets and suspiciously obscene amount of golds... to be flagged for deletion (after a gm has considered the case).

The promise of a persistent world without wipes are more important than a few idiots with exploited wealth. I believe a wipe will do the most damage.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Wipe will not solve any problems with inflation, the problem will come back. Some people will become insanely rich either cause they farm alot or find some perfideous exploit. In the persistent world there will never be equal footing, some will be poor, some rich. Some will cater to the rich and sell at inflated prices, some will cater to the poor and sell at low prices. Gold has not lost its value for the poor, only for the rich. The best hope for the "economy" is that people ignore the rich and cater to the people without stacks and stacks of gold.

I would rather see SV make a robot to search the database for trinkets and suspiciously obscene amount of golds... to be flagged for deletion (after a gm has considered the case).

The promise of a persistent world without wipes are more important than a few idiots with exploited wealth. I believe a wipe will do the most damage.
We will see what happens when sieging Is out 🤣

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
I personally don't know how you could do that in a fair matter, how can you know for sure that a person's gold is ill-gotten.... In a perfect world, yeah, id love your solution, but i don't think we can do that and be fair with everybody...

And in regards to "A wipe won't fix anything" - This is true. 100% the case.
A wipe -without bug fixes, TC, rebalances, exploit fixes- is not going to fix anything, but a wipe 1 year down the road when everything is fixed, in addition with a smaller map, 1/4th of the size of Nave, with the possibility of adding Alt servers if needed, now that my friend would make the game 10 times better, because even if we drop to 300 playercount, game's still fun, completely playable, but if we go to 2000 playercount? We just put a few alt servers to prevent overpopulation, and there's no harm done, this is what OldSchoolRunescape does, and does it wonderfully well.

Reactions: Jatix

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
This is a bad post/poll. Your poll says "should the game wipe" but in your post you talk about a smaller map as well.

A smaller map is an absurdly bad idea and i can't believe anyone supports it. I assume it is just people who come from survival game and not sandbox mmos?
This is a bad reply. Your reply says "'This is a bad post/pol" but in your reply you talk about somebody's subjective opinion being bad.

Somebody's subjective opinion being bad is an absurdly bad assessement and I can't believe anyone can say that. I assume it is just people who come from playing Minecraft and Pong.

-----------

Jokes aside, it's a poll, if you disagree, just vote No. Some people disagree with you, we can talk about it, but there are pros and cons for a smaller map, just so much as there are for a wipe. I hope you understand.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
The only logic for a wipe would be:

1/ Fix long standing bugs
2/ Close (as far as possible) exploit and duping loopholes
3/ Introduce missing features from MO1 (pilfering, taming, different types of mount, etc)
4/ Introduce planned MO2 features (necro, other magic schools, TC, siege, beast mastery, etc)
5/ Move to UE5 platform
6/ Confirm game is in full and stable condition
7/ Wipe and relaunch

Given the evidence from SV - both with MO1 in the past, and with MO2 over the last year or so - I would say that the timescale for that is probably about 10 years, so it has absolutely no relevance for the current situation and current playerbase.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
No thanks.
If people have duped gold, it just means there is more gold for me to earn.
ad b) If duping had been a rampant problem, we would see high inflation but we don't.
ad c) Alternatively, if people are just sitting on giant gold banks, why would I care? It does not affect me.

Also, the map should be larger, not smaller. As it is now, players ride to any market just to buy a book. That tells me that distance means nothing in this game. That's not the sandbox that I want.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yes. Won't happen though. Literal zero percent chance, because Henrik is too proud and has never admitted to his mistakes. He has the power to make things right, but he won't.

It would happen if everyone agreed, real talk. I'd say wipe n keep char's skills, and I'm not even skilled in everything. Tons of people prol max in lores and that shit should stay even tho it's also dubious.

If they wiped the map and the mats, it would be great, but the people who are 'too proud' are the people w/ big gains that won't let go of them. I understand somewhat, but the health of the game is important. Hey I have some mats, too. It's not like I put in 0 hrs. If I put in 10k hours tho I'd still want the game to be good. Mats are disposable. I don't think they need to re-release, either. They need to change the rule set and wipe. Then build.

Edit:

No thanks.
If people have duped gold, it just means there is more gold for me to earn.
ad b) If duping had been a rampant problem, we would see high inflation but we don't.
ad c) Alternatively, if people are just sitting on giant gold banks, why would I care? It does not affect me.

IMO grossly illogical :eek: I mean "I don't care" is a legit reaction, but your reasonings are off imo. It's not JUST the duped stuff or w/e. It's just general game health. Promising you'll never do crap is stupid, just like saying 1 world only oops.