Should the game wipe?

• Yes

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 46.3%

• Total voters

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I personally don't know how you could do that in a fair matter, how can you know for sure that a person's gold is ill-gotten.... In a perfect world, yeah, id love your solution, but i don't think we can do that and be fair with everybody...

And in regards to "A wipe won't fix anything" - This is true. 100% the case.
A wipe -without bug fixes, TC, rebalances, exploit fixes- is not going to fix anything, but a wipe 1 year down the road when everything is fixed, in addition with a smaller map, 1/4th of the size of Nave, with the possibility of adding Alt servers if needed, now that my friend would make the game 10 times better, because even if we drop to 300 playercount, game's still fun, completely playable, but if we go to 2000 playercount? We just put a few alt servers to prevent overpopulation, and there's no harm done, this is what OldSchoolRunescape does, and does it wonderfully well.
If you wanna wipe because of a few idiots with exploited gold. You have to consider the majority of players who worked hard for their 1 or 2k gold. So, it seems to me to be more reasonble to have a critical look at the poeple with stacks of gold and maybe delete some of that. Sure, someone will be mad and they lost their maybe lewgally gotten gold, but most of the victims will be "criminals".

manure

May 7, 2022
Wipe ?
So, your idea is to punish 90% of honest players who worked hard to get their stuff, because of those 10% of cheaters, exploiters and hackers ?
No, thank you.
That is simply NOT FAIR.

I have two solutions to make this game better. Here they are :

1 - After finding out who were the responsible for the hackings, delete the accounts and every items and buildings attached to those accounts. Show everyone what happens to cheaters.

2 - Remove the excessive number of NPC guards and do not EVER allow any guard outside town limits.

Thats it.
Very simple solutions that will increase the number of players and make this game great again.

Erwinicus

Mar 22, 2021
Get the game to a ready for release state with really good TC then wipe it and relaunch I would say.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If you wanna wipe because of a few idiots with exploited gold. You have to consider the majority of players who worked hard for their 1 or 2k gold. So, it seems to me to be more reasonble to have a critical look at the poeple with stacks of gold and maybe delete some of that. Sure, someone will be mad and they lost their maybe lewgally gotten gold, but most of the victims will be "criminals".
I understand this perspective, if anyone's fault It's SV. For not having a database that flags duped gold, they shouldn't have released like that in the first place. The reasons are fair enough for a wipe only if they could assure it wont happen again, if theres competent AI that can't be stuck on Rocks or a tree and shit like that for example. But we all know It's beyond their capacity to assure solid content.
But since wipe Is off the table, i'd ask for a clear plan against those problematics, they should say what they are doing and plan to do about it, at least.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Let me explain.
We all know some people duped gold.
We all know that the map, right now, is way too big (for the current population, imagine how much worse it will be for an even smaller playercount)
We all know that some people got overpowered trinkets at the start which are not attainable anymore.
The inflation is through the roof!

Should the game wipe? After most bugs are fixed, and TC is done, should we wipe with a smaller map? Completely from scratch?
Wipe yes, smaller map no. Apart from just the fact that i don't feel that the map is a problem at least right now, they would have to spend too much time on it.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
idc much about wipe but the map is obviously too big and badly design for the size. For me its the biggest problem

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I agree wipe is needed, the economy is beyond fucked with hackers and dupers. Most of you dont feel it right now, but when sieging and tc starts and you wonder why that guild can keep sieging everything non stop or hire 1000 guards 24/7 you will know why.

And if they shrink the map it would be even better. Of course this will never happen and the game will continue plumetting to MO1 numbers like it was prophesied.

Don't ask for a smaller map. With new continents the map will be bigger than today. See MO1 with Myrland and Sarducaa. Sarducaa has even been bigger then Myrland.
Releasing another continent bigger than current Myrland (6x as big as old one) would be completely retarded and speed up the death of the game. Who tf wants to play a single player pvp game or a travelling simulator?

If they do it, it should be the size of old myrland and based in NA. And not sarducaa. Then we could all move there and say goodbye to shitty Myrland.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
As others have said, no point in wiping if the issues aren't fixed. We will just be back here in another 6 months
I don’t think anyone is advocating for the nonexistent position of wipe but leave dupes in the game

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I dont understand, if thr rly is old dupes from MO1 ingame, how difficult can it be to track them, it must a special set of actions that does this, and those actions can be flagged when done? Likewise for duped mats and gold, make a robot to search the database for those obscene amount of mats and gold. How hard can it be? Sure, a few honest players might lose something, but if the alternative is wiping everything....

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The game will never wipe until the 35-45% of people who, no matter what, will never accept a wipe can accept a wipe. Henrik is not gonna take that chance.

I don't think dupes are that bad, as in what can be done RIGHT NOW without being caught, but there was a time when things were harder to track w/ servers as well as the lagfest for the first 2 weeks. I think they could do better this time. HOW TO GET ALL THE PEOPLE TO COME BACK THO?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I love the crying over duped gold. You realize there is stacks of gold in game that wasnt duped and just farmed. That would be just as breaking to the economy as the duped gold. It doesnt matter what you do, wiping wont fix anything just reset things back to zero. Letting the game run is really the best option to let the game work itself out and fix the dupes and exploits. Which is what SV has been attempting to do.

I mean hell without duping I know of one guy who has over a million in tagmaton carcass alone.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I love the crying over duped gold. You realize there is stacks of gold in game that wasnt duped and just farmed. That would be just as breaking to the economy as the duped gold. It doesnt matter what you do, wiping wont fix anything just reset things back to zero. Letting the game run is really the best option to let the game work itself out and fix the dupes and exploits. Which is what SV has been attempting to do.

I mean hell without duping I know of one guy who has over a million in tagmaton carcass alone.

It's not hard to farm gold, and that's why I've never had more than like 2 or 3k at a time in MO history. I've had some wild mats... y'know net worth or w/e ;) Mats people dunno are wild, too. But yeah raw gold. Someone put a half built house with a butch work bench by sator area, you could just butch that all day. I don't even pick up sator carcs. Clade only. I don't even think I pull much, if any, gold out of the game. All the money I make is thru trading. I only farm when money is necessary.

BUT that being said, that's all the more reason to remove shit. It wasn't duped but 4 servers c'mon haha. It's not hard to farm gold. It's kinda hard to spec a char in certain things, so leave that... I might even be supportive of leaving the keep owners as they are if people are playing then just START. They do need siege tho day 1 of that.

Edit: truth is, they have to do something to shock the system. Talkin' about chalkin an L to if you get duped gold, chalk this L for the health of the game. Start over. Let's do it right. I believe I can continue to do what I do in any circumstance. People who just kept farming, good on them, but if they are going to be the ones holding up a wipe, that's pretty sad. Sure, they gotta farm it again, but like they won't? Isn't that their game style? Just like my game style is mine. At least other people would be playing the game. The game isn't gonna fix itself.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I can’t believe there are people here justifying playing with duped gold
The issue isnt playing with duped gold. Its wiping when we know full well SV isn't capable of fixing dupes. If they were they probobly would have tried to fix this issue before launching mo2.

I don't play with duped gold but I also wouldn't all of a sudden play because they deleted my character I wasted my time maxing out, in the name of deleting duped gold. just so like 2 weeks later some retard can dupe infinite gold again.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The issue isnt playing with duped gold. Its wiping when we know full well SV isn't capable of fixing dupes. If they were they probobly would have tried to fix this issue before launching mo2.

I don't play with duped gold but I also wouldn't all of a sudden play because they deleted my character I wasted my time maxing out, in the name of deleting duped gold. just so like 2 weeks later some retard can dupe infinite gold again.
SV will always fuck up? That's actually a really good argument