Why does SV hate PvPers?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Do we need to get some picture books and crayons to teach you how to read? Actually does anyone know if they still make speak n spells? Might be helpful for the above poster to learn to read before he types. Walk before you can run my friend.

The *very* obvious point was Tzone is full of shit again. I realized I called water wet, but c'mon now.
The obvious point is that you lack arguments and thus went full ad hominem.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Fought plenty of other people in kran and gk all of beta. We eventually stopped priest camping and doing log out wars against each other to allow each other to gear up to have better fights. This turned into stopping fights to kill outsiders, then setting up teamfights, then into NAPs in the cities. We didn't have a official alliance until like the month before wipe and before that it was just lose groupings to fight zergs and have presence in off hours.

You say what you said from the safety of blue towns non the less. And you were not allowed in GK or Kran to see us fighting each other so that is forgivable.
The date on this video is apr 2021

I don't really care about the semantics you guys full allied day 1.

Which is fine. Just don't use the term pvper when you're not materially different from anyone else that plays this game.

Jul 2021 showed up to random fights all allied to help HOJ with some shit in not GK or Kran

And to make matters worse the genesis of your alliance was to kill acolytes a pure noobie guild in fab

Jan 28, 2022
The obvious point is that you lack arguments and thus went full ad hominem.

I'm dumbfounded and impressed by your apparent ability to read the words on the page and then disregard like 60% of them. Again, if you can't see the painfully obvious point that Tzone likes to say things he can't back up. Source: he fucking turned tail and ran in this thread to do exactly what I said he would do.

I feel like it's only a matter a time before you do the exact same. So I'll offer you the same opportunity:

How's this, I'll give you some time to stop panicking and you come at me with a well reasoned argument on your claim that sandbox games can't have consequences from NPCs. Go on I'll wait. P.s. when you give up half way through and instead just decide to trade insults, not realizing I'm proving a point while insulting you (the subtle difference) just know anyone with at least double digit braincells is going to laugh at how much of a joke you are.

Prove to me why it can't be considered a sandbox if there are consequences from NPCs. Stop with the bitch shit and just prove the claim TZone made. That's all you gotta do. Prove. Me. Wrong. If it's so fucking easy, why have none of the fuckboys here done that? Instead your feelings get hurt because someone said some mean things on the internet. Y'all just get upset when I mention folks are about as likely to describe one of you as intelligent as you are to find a virgin working in a brothel.

Reactions: Contorto

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
The game revolves around PvP. PvP doesn't have to explicitly mean fighting. The game is meant to have territory control & politics which influence things in-game from fighting to trading. You compete with other players on a daily basis without even realizing it.

The Trade Broker is a good example. You want your products & items to sell? Put up an item worth buying. If it's made like shit or is too expensive, people wont buy it.

You never truly have free reign on mob spawns, you typically either have to share them or fight over them.

At some point you hit a threshold in PvE where your equipment doesn't necessarily need to be any better. Increasing the amount put into your gear only ends up netting small additions that can still be easily done by said threshold and even below it. However, players fighting players you notice the gear difference much more then in PvE.

I agree on the statement of.. the game isn't -just- about PvP.. however the game -DOES- revolve around it. The other elements of the game enhance the PvP at the center.

Let us assume the game got rid of the ideas of territory control, flagging, player killing, etc. What game are you left with? One where you endlessly grind to put on better gear so you can keep doing the same content but only slightly increase the speed and efficiency?

MO & MO2 were never meant to have AMAZING PvE. It is honestly a means to an end to supply other parts of the game. Sure we want it to be good because a lot of players have to do it to self-sustain their wants elsewhere.

Sure, play the game and PvE. But the game wouldn't be what it is without the PvP elements that REALLY make it what it is.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
The game revolves around PvP. PvP doesn't have to explicitly mean fighting. The game is meant to have territory control & politics which influence things in-game from fighting to trading. You compete with other players on a daily basis without even realizing it.

The Trade Broker is a good example. You want your products & items to sell? Put up an item worth buying. If it's made like shit or is too expensive, people wont buy it.

You never truly have free reign on mob spawns, you typically either have to share them or fight over them.

At some point you hit a threshold in PvE where your equipment doesn't necessarily need to be any better. Increasing the amount put into your gear only ends up netting small additions that can still be easily done by said threshold and even below it. However, players fighting players you notice the gear difference much more then in PvE.

I agree on the statement of.. the game isn't -just- about PvP.. however the game -DOES- revolve around it. The other elements of the game enhance the PvP at the center.

Let us assume the game got rid of the ideas of territory control, flagging, player killing, etc. What game are you left with? One where you endlessly grind to put on better gear so you can keep doing the same content but only slightly increase the speed and efficiency?

MO & MO2 were never meant to have AMAZING PvE. It is honestly a means to an end to supply other parts of the game. Sure we want it to be good because a lot of players have to do it to self-sustain their wants elsewhere.

Sure, play the game and PvE. But the game wouldn't be what it is without the PvP elements that REALLY make it what it is.

Nobody ever denied anything you wrote. Nobody here opposes player conflict.

The arguments revolve around how severe consequences should be for killing blues.

randysavageLO

Jan 22, 2022
I lost rep just being criminal and running near the town. I didn't kill anyone I just got too close to town as criminal. I ended up accidently going -1 Rep just because I did a little PvPing the other day and now this town bug.

I ended up doing a parcel run all the way from Kharnesh to GK. It gave me the wrong reputation I thought it would give Khurite rep it gave Tind rep.

How do I get Khurite rep when I am -1? This game is silly.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I lost rep just being criminal and running near the town. I didn't kill anyone I just got too close to town as criminal. I ended up accidently going -1 Rep just because I did a little PvPing the other day and now this town bug.

I ended up doing a parcel run all the way from Kharnesh to GK. It gave me the wrong reputation I thought it would give Khurite rep it gave Tind rep.

How do I get Khurite rep when I am -1? This game is silly.
Cavecamp to kran don't listen to noobs

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
I dunno i must be doing something wrong i have been Ganked 4 or 5 times since release and not once been able to hand out a murdercount

Reactions: CrgHck

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I dunno i must be doing something wrong i have been Ganked 4 or 5 times since release and not once been able to hand out a murdercount
It’s kind of buggy. Sometimes you go local grey to your attacker when you shouldn’t

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Nobody ever denied anything you wrote. Nobody here opposes player conflict.

The arguments revolve around how severe consequences should be for killing blues.

They're pretty severe already. You can't spawn in towns, and the number of red priests got pruned and pushed FURTHER away from towns.

If peoples problems are with ""red players"" going into blue towns, then the issue you have is with the reputation system.

In the previous game, going to 5 or over 5 murder counts locked you out of all blue towns until you went below 5 murder counts (Which was only possible by 'burning them', i.e. being logged in the game.. with each murder count taking 8 hours without a change in your murder count.. a new murder count would reset the cool down. Players also had stat loss unless they spawned at a specific priest.. i.e. they had to up their attributes again.)

Ogo Mier

Jan 27, 2022
Germany
www.ogo-mier.de
Why would regular PVE players pay money to be constantly killed by gankers and griefers? Starvault recognized that and responded with MO2. Perfect !

Translated with Google because im from Germany :)

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
They're pretty severe already. You can't spawn in towns, and the number of red priests got pruned and pushed FURTHER away from towns.

If peoples problems are with ""red players"" going into blue towns, then the issue you have is with the reputation system.

In the previous game, going to 5 or over 5 murder counts locked you out of all blue towns until you went below 5 murder counts (Which was only possible by 'burning them', i.e. being logged in the game.. with each murder count taking 8 hours without a change in your murder count.. a new murder count would reset the cool down. Players also had stat loss unless they spawned at a specific priest.. i.e. they had to up their attributes again.)
You weren't exactly locked out of town, infact you could use almost all npc facilities in almost every town if you knew what you were doing, some towns even had a "red" bank

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The worse thing about this system is that the priest button still sends you to blue priest so you have to run around aimlessly untill you find a red priest. Pretty cancer.

Pretty obivous SV was just spit balling and winging this implementation. Like does it make it harder no does it stop me no, does it just waste my time in a annoying manner. Yes. Horrible oversight moving the priest. I wish SV would just stop doing changes since they wing it or dont have a clue.

Jan 28, 2022
A CLASSIC demonstration of intellectual PROWESS. Calls me a man, but in the same sentence a child and a kid as well.

If you've literally never heard someone described as a man child, that's actually a reflection of your intellectual PROWESS not his 😅. Also wait, if you read that sentence and think man child was two different designations....how the fuck did you read that sentence?

Although tbf if English is your second language you may not be familiar with the word and that actually would be totally understandable, but yeah, if you're a native English speaker saying that boy do I have some unfortunate news for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Contorto

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
I love all the ignorant people coming in here calling this game a PVP focused game an saying everyone else's opinion doesn't matter because it not a PVP focused mind set. Lol than these same people bitch about the crim an rep system an say they should be removed lol. Goes to show how out of touch Tzone and the other clowns are. If this was a PVP focused game why even have features like fishing, gathering, crafting, dungeons, etc. Lol literally over half of your time spend in game isn't spend PVPing but they still say the game is purely for PVP.

An side note these same idiots are constantly insulting SV an it CEO Henrik but claim to be loyal customers like 😆. Talk about being out of touch with what this game aims to do an being dishonest with your self.
You have those in the game to get better at PVP??? Hello?

You PVE with the ultimate intention of PVP. It is a PVP focused game. PVP IS the endgame.

There are countless carebear PVE games out there, stop contaminating this one with your weakness. These PVErs are SO fucking greedy. You have ALL the games; give the PVPers their game and stop crying.

Reactions: Bicorps