What's the point of the criminal system when it doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
@Mahoneofficial
Why should you have a non contested experience for the resources of this game. Just learn to PvP instead of complaining about the PvP. PvP is low skill floor and doesnt have a high skill ceiling, it not hard. We all went through the troubles as a noob in grave yard.

Why should you omnipotently know the sins of another. Thats what player reputation is for. You should already assume any kid is going to KoS as its naturally the safest thing to do. Most noobs complaing about being killed but are blind and dont have their head on a swivel. All you got to do is pay attention to your surroundings like its the hood.

At first people were crying about being killed in town because they AFK'd and did stupid things so SV kept making guards worse and it didnt help untill rep changes but rep changes hurt so much more things outside of stopping in town PvP.
Now the same type of people who didnt log out in a 10 second log outzone, or pay the 1s to stable a horse are complaining about PvP outside of town.
If SV did something about PvP in GY the same week the same type of people would be asking for protections outside of GY

The reason murders and peopel with neg rep dont have different colored names is to make the griefing from people who keep giving MCs and bombing another players reputation matter less. Almost every one who leave town will get 5 MCs. If you dont have 5 MCs (red) then you haven't been playing the game away from Gruardzone. If some one is about to jump you, you attack first and go grey while you were protecting your self. Right there if you win a 2v1 you get 2 MCs and cant get another 3 for 8 hours in game. or another 4 MCs in 16 hours just because you protected your self from people about to attack you.

It is really good for most players that red names are not a thing anymore as it prevents people who would refuse the PvP the ability to greif other players.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
like not killing people near some cities?

They do everyday. almost in the citys. Good examples the graveyards and near the entrance and the city roads. So i can confirm this is false.

or kill just a few people a day

Why? they already at pk cap. They have one or maybe two hundred murder count. Why they care about the "magic five"?
They look like blue. so nobody know they murderers.

Rare books are scattered in different places, some are in guarded cities, like Meduli with heavy armor, poleaxes, steel lore, etc. On other hand, some books are indeed far out in the wild (animal lore and beast stuff in jungle camp).

Mostly this basic books that every players get early of the game and dont worry about citys books anymore.
The more important books at non guarded places. Some big-veteran pk guild stay and camping the incoming players at jungle camp i can confirm that. You are instantly get killed when go in and trying to buy the important books. (i figured out how to buy these but took me 2 day and lot of pain and work)

Steel can be made from materials near guarded cities.
Ye steel will be good but how mutch do you need farm for one or maybe two weapon? If you max your refine skills you still loose lot of material during process. Also the one two handed weaponon cost around 400-500steel. So if you farm one day and u can only make 3-4weapon then itsnt worth the effort.

But its just my opinion and my experience as new player. I can't think as veteran atm. Maybe in the future will be good but now is just a pain sometimes.

If you want to be able to defend yourself, you can attack first.
I can confirm you have no chance agins good or veteran players if they geared up well. If you better in combat they will compensate with gear. But mostly new players skills under the veterans. We need to train. But gear comparsion is just another problem.

I play this game for pvp experience ofc. But in some circumstances you have no chance to achive your goals and its fustrating sometimes. Have bad luck, run into zergs or enemy skill far better, enemy gear far better.
Maybe it will be good after 2-3mo. But in early as new player you will never experience of success. (maybe only in pve and this is why some players favorize the pve content more that pvp) And maybe this is the reason why this game have layered small player base amount.

I love this game and never give up but its a dark fact about the game.

Yes, PvP games are hard and in the beginning, new players are mostly doomed to die. When they become more experienced, they will probably also die a lot, just also kill a lot, too. I don't think there is anything that can be done with that or should be done with that, it is the nature of such games, open world or arenas, doesn't matter.

I will clarify some points that I think are misunderstood. By "not killing near some cities", I mean that a particular PK players will choose not to kill people near, for example, Meduli, so that he doesn't lose reputation in tindremic cities. It has little to do with murdercounts. Negative reputation will not allow you to enter the city, which is hugely inconvenient. Losing reputation with all factions is a major problem. There are other PK players that will murder near Meduli, though. They may be based in khurite cities, lawless cities, have a blue player delivering them equipment, reroll a lot or maybe something else. "Kill a few people a day" is a way to have time for murdercounts to go down (largely doesn't matter) and get your reputation up (the main limiter). Of course, few bother to do that, as far as I know, it is too much of a pain.

I don't know why you consider jungle camp books more important than something like Steel Lore, I only went there for animal material lore since I was a hunter. But by the same logic, you only need to get there once in your whole character life (or even just buy the book from the broker if someone else brought it). I was ambushed once on the way there. I traveled there several times and all the other times I got there without a problem. Sometimes you need to wait out people in the jungle camp to go away to safely buy the books.

I am not sure what is your point about steel production. Yes, it is a hassle to get. This hassle has little to do with PvP, it is just a boring, grindy PvE that I wish was much more interesting, but mining is horrible. You don't get other "high tier" weapons easier, so ganking has nothing to do with this.

I agree that the world could use some improvement, perhaps a better distinction between material tiers and how hard it is to get them so that there are more low tier materials near cities, clearly better mid-tier materials on some distance, but not too far, etc. Currently, I find that pig materials are not too far from more expensive or rare materials like ironbone, quality leather, etc., while being significantly easier to get. And higher tier materials (scales, steel, crepite) are mostly grindy (far away from many cities, not much resource spots to farm from, require a lot of time hitting rocks and going back and forth) instead of being hard to get to during PvP dangers, which is a shame.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
victims must simply be able to gather enough to recover and try again in a reasonable amount of time

Thats true. But you also have to deal with a lack of success. a lot. And MOSTLY ! you need to deal inside yourself when enemy not just killing you but start bully you in voice chat and in local chat. I think this thing is beyond the game. Whats the reason to pk players start bully the man behind the game ? Only pk players doing that. Its problem in every game but in mo2- is hurt mutch more. And with small amount player base you will meet more people like this. And sadly they organized and they represent a great force in the game.

So as new player early: you get good PVE experience and experience of success. And in pvp you get bully, shit-talking, and lack of success. Mostly they are not satisfied by killing they want to make you upset behind the pc and ruin your game. Somehow some player satisfied by doing this. Maybe they protest ingame. Idk whats the reason behind that. Community is mostly toxic af. as i experienced but there is some good guys who playing to protect new players, teach them and ensure they have some experience of success. Like KotO in Meduli. (i dont want ig politics here, i have good experience with them).
So the feeling is very mixed
I think you have a skewed perception of the matter. PK usually don't bother with bullying and name calling, they kill a lot, do you think they stop at each player to call names?

About PvE players and the "good guys". Go grief some of them, like killstealing and see what they will say to you in voice chat, especially after they muster the courage to 3v1 you and kill you. If I recall correctly, KotO is also not without such players, but I don't pay particular attention to the guild that kills me. You will find they are no better if not worse.

Dec 23, 2021
they kill a lot, do you think they stop at each player to call names?

It depends the behavior of this people. And depends on you. If you still fight without gear and figure out how to get weapon and fight back this somehow make them upset. They want assert dominance and they hate when they fail with that.

Tzone i trying to not complain. My english is bad and you may misunderstood.

SilentPony

Look. I think do what you need to do to survive its okey in the game while ingame mechanics allow you. But lot of people go beyond that and start bully and harassing the people behind the game. When this happen i think itsnt okey. And curretly the community is okey with that and people free to do without consequences.

(if you "grief" somebody then what you except? they have every rights to hurt me then. I choosed that path and the consequences is only my burden)

And every opinion is just a "cry" and "complain" for most people there.

Last edited:

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
victims must simply be able to gather enough to recover and try again in a reasonable amount of time

Thats true. But you also have to deal with a lack of success. a lot. And MOSTLY ! you need to deal inside yourself when enemy not just killing you but start bully you in voice chat and in local chat. I think this thing is beyond the game. Whats the reason to pk players start bully the man behind the game ? Only pk players doing that. Its problem in every game but in mo2- is hurt mutch more. And with small amount player base you will meet more people like this. And sadly they organized and they represent a great force in the game.

So as new player early: you get good PVE experience and experience of success. And in pvp you get bully, shit-talking, and lack of success. Mostly they are not satisfied by killing they want to make you upset behind the pc and ruin your game. Somehow some player satisfied by doing this. Maybe they protest ingame. Idk whats the reason behind that. Community is mostly toxic af. as i experienced but there is some good guys who playing to protect new players, teach them and ensure they have some experience of success. Like KotO in Meduli. (i dont want ig politics here, i have good experience with them).
So the feeling is very mixed

I think the part you're missing (or maybe need to accept) is the game is designed to be safer at first, but push you out more into the "wild" where there is more risk as you do more advanced/more lucrative content.

Rare books are rare because they are meant to be difficult to get to, both far away and at higher risk of both PvE and PvP dangers. If they were easy to get they wouldn't be rare. The more rare they are, the more people who have those skills are in demand.

Same with rare materials, it's not a mistake that some of the highest end materials are near Gaul Kor, which is a major lawless town.

The game (I believe) in its ideal form is meant to slowly move you toward risk. Haven = no risk, near major lawful cities/graveyards/early PvE/materials = less risk/more consequences for PvPers, out in the wild = some risk, less consequences for PvPers, high end/rare content = high risk, nearly no consequence for PvPers. This is why making Graveyards dangerous breaks the intention of the game.

So, as a player, as you start to access more risky content, you can do one of two things, 1) Get better at avoiding the risk (learn where to travel safely, how to be aware and notice danger and get away etc), or defending yourself (get better at fighting etc) 2) mitigate risk such as bringing more people with you (join a guild and travel together, plus guild alliances provide protection), traveling light, moving your "base" and items closer to the further areas you want to explore etc.

Risk and navigating risk is part of the game, and it's what makes rare/more advanced content harder. Most of the content in the game isn't gated by progress, it's gated by player skill, which is what players like.

EDIT: You can also mostly avoid risk by operating through other people (ie playing the markets, buying material and focusing on crafting in towns/guild keeps), which will be much safer, but slower progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinto
Dec 23, 2021
I think the part you're missing (or maybe need to accept) is the game is designed to be safer at first, but push you out more into the "wild" where there is more risk as you do more advanced/more lucrative content.

Rare books are rare because they are meant to be difficult to get to, both far away and at higher risk of both PvE and PvP dangers. If they were easy to get they wouldn't be rare. The more rare they are, the more people who have those skills are in demand.

Same with rare materials, it's not a mistake that some of the highest end materials are near Gaul Kor, which is a major lawless town.

The game (I believe) in its ideal form is meant to slowly move you toward risk. Haven = no risk, near major lawful cities/graveyards/early PvE/materials = less risk/more consequences for PvPers, out in the wild = some risk, less consequences for PvPers, high end/rare content = high risk, nearly no consequence for PvPers. This is why making Graveyards dangerous breaks the intention of the game.

So, as a player, as you start to access more risky content, you can do one of two things, 1) Get better at avoiding the risk (learn where to travel safely, how to be aware and notice danger and get away etc), or defending yourself (get better at fighting etc) 2) mitigate risk such as bringing more people with you (join a guild and travel together, plus guild alliances provide protection), traveling light, moving your "base" and items closer to the further areas you want to explore etc.

Risk and navigating risk is part of the game, and it's what makes rare/more advanced content harder. Most of the content in the game isn't gated by progress, it's gated by player skill, which is what players like.

EDIT: You can also mostly avoid risk by operating through other people (ie playing the markets, buying material and focusing on crafting in towns/guild keeps), which will be much safer, but slower progress.

Thanks you. Its more clear now. you are right.

Reactions: Wollkneul

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
I don't want to kill the game

Then why are you doing just that?

We just want Henric and Devs to listen to us and bring back PvP.

Killing noobs isn't PvP. This isn't a "PeeVeePee" game, it was never meant to be. Go to Mordhau, Chivalry, or For Honor if you want PeeVeePee.

It's a sandbox game with PvP elements, but it is not a straight PvP game.

But the only way to fight back and get the devs to listen is to kill off the noobs to lower some player population until he appeases the PvP community.

So you think SV owes you and yours special treatment and development scheduling to cater exclusively to your playstyle? So you admit you're actively terrorizing the game and doing damage to it in order to get what you want? That's pretty shitty of you.

If you want to survive go to Vadda where Legion is or go to Meduli where Koto is. They like to protect noobs... But very soon we will prepare our next assault and kill them all again. Just making some final preparations.

Sounds like you only like "PeeVeePee" if it's a sure thing for your side. Otherwise you'd be bugging people more your speed, not running alliances and fighting people who also want to fight you.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I mean, it would just end up being MO-1 all over again. Guess we didn't learn our lesson last time?

Exactly, which is why one shouldn't negotiate with terrorists. The difference is SV controls this world. If people are doing a "protest" by doing shitty things to exploit the game to focus on killing newbies, prepare for SV to just put in more stringent controls/punishments in the next patch. If your goal is to drive down population to hurt the game and take food off their plates to feed their families, trust me, they will do anything in their power to stop you and their power is pretty limitless, up to and including creating stupid fully safe zones or nerfing PvP even further so that as a side effect it's even less viable to gank.

Essentially it's like they lowered the deep end in a pool from from 12 feet to 8 feet because people were drowning and you're mad you can't cannon ball anymore and get everyone else wet, so decide to take a crap in the pool until they lower it again. All that happens is you get kicked out, everyone has a worse time and suffers, they clean the pool, everyone else gets back in with a bunch of chlorine, stricter punishments for crapping (since who the hell would do that) and you're gone, well done.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Killing noobs isn't PvP.
It is, and it is a PvP game. Without PvP, you won't sell a single stack of flakestone and once you've satisfied your wonderlust by exploring everything this game has to offer - and there isn't that much really - you'll sit in town AFK forever or until it gets old and it's time to move to another MMORPG.

Noobs will encounter PKs sooner or later and it won't be a fair fight, their pretty houses will probably get wrecked one day, one day they'll loose a week of farming alchemy mats while moving them to another town and it will hurt much more than loosing some fullgrain leather set at the graveyard, so why give them a false impression from the start?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The way Ive always seen and experience it, is that the people who arent PvPers are super toxic. Everygame has to cater to them or else its going to die. Look at how mocking they can be just in this thread.

These types of people will go to a farm spot and kill steal from you, if you kill them they will come back and try to die to you to grief you. You tried offering them the duel for the spot in the first place but they refused. Ive been griefed in other OWPvP games by carebears who will spend 8 hours straight trying to kill steal from me and this was the norm.

These people take the game way to personally when they die. Its not that they are being prevented from playing the game is that they have internal issues.
These people were crying about completely preventable in town PvP not because it was preventing them from playing the game but because they took their death personally. I have never successfully got greifed in town, how because I stabled my horse and didnt AFK.
As soon as in town killing was "fixed" people started complaining about GY killing and killing at jungle camp. The complaining about PvP wont end until there is none.

Its not that its bad for Noobs, its that its bad for people who cant take PvP. I was killing people outside of fab for hours and when I finally died a new player came up and said how fun it was, when he got all the loot off my body how cool it was to get all these "high tier weapons". When I was a noob I had no complaints either. Its all about mentality you have not your skill or establishment in the game.

If they couldn't stand losing kalardian fullgrain then they wont stand dying in the open world when they have to contest resources and losing something that they actually worked for and not some fullgrain and a flake.

You are trying to keep players that will wont last. They don't have the mentality to survive in this game. You have to take loss and move on. All you are doing is delaying them from quiting, they will eventually quit because a PvP game wont cater to them. But good news is that there are many other options for them to play, which is something we people who like PvP wont have.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
The way Ive always seen and experience it, is that the people who arent PvPers are super toxic. Everygame has to cater to them or else its going to die. Look at how mocking they can be just in this thread.

These types of people will go to a farm spot and kill steal from you, if you kill them they will come back and try to die to you to grief you. You tried offering them the duel for the spot in the first place but they refused. Ive been griefed in other OWPvP games by carebears who will spend 8 hours straight trying to kill steal from me and this was the norm.

These people take the game way to personally when they die. Its not that they are being prevented from playing the game is that they have internal issues.
These people were crying about completely preventable in town PvP not because it was preventing them from playing the game but because they took their death personally. I have never successfully got greifed in town, how because I stabled my horse and didnt AFK.
As soon as in town killing was "fixed" people started complaining about GY killing and killing at jungle camp. The complaining about PvP wont end until there is none.

Its not that its bad for Noobs, its that its bad for people who cant take PvP. I was killing people outside of fab for hours and when I finally died a new player came up and said how fun it was, when he got all the loot off my body how cool it was to get all these "high tier weapons". When I was a noob I had no complaints either. Its all about mentality you have not your skill or establishment in the game.

If they couldn't stand losing kalardian fullgrain then they wont stand dying in the open world when they have to contest resources and losing something that they actually worked for and not some fullgrain and a flake.

You are trying to keep players that will wont last. They don't have the mentality to survive in this game. You have to take loss and move on. All you are doing is delaying them from quiting, they will eventually quit because a PvP game wont cater to them. But good news is that there are many other options for them to play, which is something we people who like PvP wont have.
I've noticed a major issue with many players that whine the most about PVP an claim to be PVE players are also some of the most anti-social individuals I've ever meet. I think they're issue with PVP isn't because they lost a fight an died, I think their issue is that they can't stand losing in general (these people also cry an whine when they lose in PVE and demand massive nerfs to mobs when they can't one shot them) & they have zero idea how to carry out a normal conversation without acting like some child with self-esteem issues. I've played other games with open world PVP were I've simple just jokingly hit someone once when I was walking by them an they responded by screeching profanity at me like I just murdered their first born child.

Dec 23, 2021
Ye Tzone you are right in some way. Maybe it's about compromise.
But you generalizating in some things.

I have experienced the opposite: the new players can enjoy the little things in the game. They are still happy when successfully crafting the first weapon tame the first beast and see new places first time. Ofc they can't handle the loss like veterans do. This is how our world works. First some loss always painful (and the people will cry and complain about that) but you need to stand up and try agin and try agin until you success and find smarter way and keep ourself the complaints.
The dont like then dont play mentality is also reverse true to the pvp players who protest and trying to change everything to own taste. Keep in mind. I can confirm they complain more that new players.
If you dont like to play the game anymore dont force yourself to play and finding ways to ruin other games too.
I dont know why u guys trying to force the conversation to pve player in this thread. Believe me not the pve players will kill the game if its happen.
Also the game build around pve. All action you do in pvp is possible because you did some pve action for that. Example you mined resources & hunted deer, you want other player resources and armors. Some people forcing this is a straight pvp game but thats not true. Everything you do in this game the catalyst always be a enviroment reasons. Everbody have the own justic in some way. But stop forcing this thread agins new & pve players. They are not the main source of problem.

Also Monetization is inevitable.We need to pay the developers somehow. And the current playerbase isn't enough for that. We need to compromise in things.

Vulpin
think their issue is that they can't stand losing in general (these people also cry an whine when they lose in PVE and demand massive nerfs to mobs when they can't one shot them)

But do you know what's worse?
The veteran pvp players when think they are best and acting like kings and they think they can change everything by force.
They can't handle loss too because of own ego. The difference between pve and pvp is just loss of different things.
Also Its human thing. Not the game fault.
We dont need to go too far. i see the shit-talking everytime in the help chat and in the forums. And mostly beyond the ingame things.

New player take the game too personally? Just go to the guild politics threads and see what going inside. And see how the people can hate each other OOC for ingame actions.
Have fun.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
Believe me not the pve players will kill the game if its happen.
It will, since this game can't compete with numerous other PvE oriented MMORPGs (which is almost every MMORPG, New World included, despite its claims). And currently the attitude towards PvP and PvP players in this game is alarming.

All action you do in pvp is possible because you did some pve action for that. Example you mined resources & hunted deer, you want other player resources and armors. Some people forcing this is a straight pvp game but thats not true. Everything you do in this game the catalyst always be a enviroment reasons. Everbody have the own justic in some way.
"PvP players" also do PvE to get their gear. But they somehow do not have the trouble to get the resources for that, do they? "PvE players" just ignore the PvP side completely and expect the game to play PvP for them, like summoning unbeatable guards or banning players that kill them from the game.

But stop forcing this thread agins new & pve players. They are not the main source of problem.
The new players are indeed not the problem. The "PvE players" are. They are already familiar with the main mechanics of the game, have money and gear, but continue to farm graveyards and whine about others "attacking and killing them for no reason, please make it so they can't".

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Anyone who says this game isn't a PvP game needs to get their head checked.

Player Versus Player. A lot of people don't realize it, but this doesn't directly mean you engage in combat with others.

You compete with others in many faucets: Spawns, crafting, territory, skill, wealth, etc. The game RUNS on PvP. If MO2 was purely a PvE game in which there was no competition between people you'd watch people leave the game super quick.

Of course at the center of all this is the literal combat itself, which is in-fact, entwined with PvE. This isn't WoW where you run different talents for a mob, then switch to PvP. What you use in PvE also gets used in combat against players.

Another thing is the fact that players attacking one another whether solo, grouped, in a guild, wars, etc. keep an economy moving. If this didn't happen how would prices look on items? What would be the importance of a cronite sword versus a steel sword, in PvE you're going to be just as effective with either one.

Why are builds made for the most part to be as effective with combat as possible, if the game wasn't PvP driven. If this was the case you'd see people telling you to stop maxing out dexterity. Why would you need to go faster? You can just get a mount in that case.

IDK. I get people are trying to throw a table cloth over an ocean and say it's a ""sandbox game"" that isn't about PvP, but the title is literally Mortal Online. You are in the life of a mortal, a bleak, grim-dark world where people die frequently, tragedy happens, etc. etc. At the center of it all is players vying for power or attempting to establish their place in the world. Guess what happens when you do that? People butt heads.

There's a whole alliance of guilds in Bakti that try to serve to make the area as peaceful as possible, yet people still cause a fuck ton of problems there; game must not be about PvP lol.

tl;dr

Everything comes full circle to PvP. The only place it doesn't apply is Haven. Haven is the game without PvP, and look how boring it is.

Reactions: Azzerhoden Razeri
Dec 23, 2021
It will, since this game can't compete with numerous other PvE oriented MMORPGs (which is almost every MMORPG, New World included, despite its claims). And currently the attitude towards PvP and PvP players in this game is alarming.

"PvP players" also do PvE to get their gear. But they somehow do not have the trouble to get the resources for that, do they? "PvE players" just ignore the PvP side completely and expect the game to play PvP for them, like summoning unbeatable guards or banning players that kill them from the game.

The new players are indeed not the problem. The "PvE players" are. They are already familiar with the main mechanics of the game, have money and gear, but continue to farm graveyards and whine about others "attacking and killing them for no reason, please make it so they can't".

You made a mistake. They are not "Pve's" they are "carebears". Pve'rs doing pve content because they like the pve content more that pvp contentes. but the carebears doing pve content just because they aftraid of pvp. But its only problem when the system designed wrong. I can make you a good examples. EVE ONLINE. Eve online also a pvp game and also a full loot game because u can lose your everything if you dumb a make a small mistake. But. You can do any pve-content if you want and act like "carebear" but the game start at the nulsec. and you will be punished in this "carebear" areas because you dont have acces for everything and u can't make big money and get everything like in lawless places. So if eve online work like this then why they dont have problem like that?
My opinion is we need to boost pvp more and current state isn't good for everybody. But we don't need to ruin the "carebear" playstyle completely. There is some another better options for that to make this game more pvp agin.

Reactions: SilentPony

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
You made a mistake. They are not "Pve's" they are "carebears". Pve'rs doing pve content because they like the pve content more that pvp contentes. but the carebears doing pve content just because they aftraid of pvp. But its only problem when the system designed wrong. I can make you a good examples. EVE ONLINE. Eve online also a pvp game and also a full loot game because u can lose your everything if you dumb a make a small mistake. But. You can do any pve-content if you want and act like "carebear" but the game start at the nulsec. and you will be punished in this "carebear" areas because you dont have acces for everything and u can't make big money and get everything like in lawless places. So if eve online work like this then why they dont have problem like that?
My opinion is we need to boost pvp more and current state isn't good for everybody. But we don't need to ruin the "carebear" playstyle completely. There is some another better options for that to make this game more pvp agin.
I agree. Currently, we do not have nullsec in MO2 and it's a problem.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020

I find this really amusing. From watching hours and hours of Henrik, do you know why we don't have Nullsec? Because SV likes to solve problems through player interaction and soft influence of behavior rather than hard arbitrary "you cannnot X" game systems. They find it less immersive, discourages interaction and makes the game feel more "gamey" than a living breathing world. That dedication to make every system push players toward interaction and not arbitrarily block things is one of the main reason I'm in to the game.

They could VERY easily just turn off PvP in cities and graveyards or make guards instantly teleport to you anywhere if you attack anyone in those areas. That's totally immersion breaking and also completely removes the possibility for things like thievery, or catching someone in a back alley away from guards or a "rougher" part of town and killing them if they're carrying a wealthy merchant.

Lictors are already a much stronger artificial gameplay that's very close to Nullsec, if they made them all seeing/put them everywhere then they would be. By people deciding to protest by forcing SV's hand by intentionally killing in places like the Graveyard that are obviously meant to be as close to Nullsec as possible (hence the first place Lictors were deployed) they are just pushing SV more and more toward creating an arbitrary game system to solve the problem. And so much is lost if they eventually have to do that, but again, they will if the option is "just make graveyards and core parts of cities 100% safe" or lose their entire new player population.

But then the RPKs will lose out AND we all lose out. I'd much rather find a softer more player interaction driven solution, but it NEEDS to be one that actually does end up in relatively complete safety for noobs in those areas. Bounty hunting will help eventually, but as we can tell, there are individuals devoted to breaking the intended system as much as possible to show the flaws in trusting player behavior.

And that is why everyone makes a WoW clone, where you don't have to depend on players behaving in a certain way, you can just force them, which then just becomes a single player RPG surrounded by thousands of people instead of a true multiplayer game.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Eve online's nullsec mechanic wouldn't really work here though. In EVE Online you can control entire systems and lock them down with blockades, mine fields, def structures. Here that not physically possible. So even in EVE Online with enough investment you can make the lawless zones safe, I recall my time in goon swarm and it was rare to ever see someone make it through our controlled space longer than 30 mins in anything bigger than a frigate an not be blow up. Here though is just per chaos at times you don't know were people are, were they're heading, or were they're hiding an itdoesn't matter how much you try an lock down an area you still won't know, an when you do get jumped you won't receive back up fast enough to save you. Because in EVE you can see everyone in an area via local chat, an if you do manage to get jumped you can light a beacon (cynosural field) an literally have a horde of guildmates TP to you from 8-15 stargates away, in this game once you get jumped unless you have allies in VIOP range your basically fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.