'vulnerable' structuses at chosen time

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
ninja sieges are just bad game mechanics. being expected to hold an everpresent watch over all your assets else risk losing them to ninjas is silly. I dont mind the ability to breach a wall or some way to climb over walls to do some raiding at any time, i think that danger should always be present, but being able to log in the middle of the night to siege down someone's keep unopposed is a bad idea.

TC needs a giant revamp and hopefully they do a lot of things 'right' by learning from failures in MO1. I dont know the best way to allow for sieges and still prevent ninja sieging, but from what i've heard of EVEs system it sounded interesting. You do some damage to a structure and after some amount of damage, it becomes invulnerable for a time, allowing the defenders to rally a defense. after x many hours, the structure is vulnerable again for an y hour window and can be destroyed at that time.

It wouldnt make sense to have this kind of thing for each individual structure in MO, but maybe the TC around a keep can all collectively behave in this fashion. this way you dont declare your vulnerability window, but rather your attackers declare it for you, yet you are given ample time to prepare a defense.

-barcode

Reactions: Monco

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Too bad MO and MO2 is for 18+ I mean for those leet epeen 14 year olds.
I mean you can reign supreme through reputation while having a job and a life. We did for years ruling the entire north in Quad. We never got sieged down and that was mostly due to reputation. Those who tried to do anything got sieged and lost their ability to buy siege weapons.
We did however have enough allies to help us out in ninja siege attempts which happened rather frequently.
Everyone also knew our stance of whoever supplies our enemies will get sieged down rather quick. Fate learned that the slow and hard way.

When we quit we deconstructed all our assets over night and made our enemies butthurt for not being able to siege us down, double whammy.
AQ held the north for years aswell but through terror and fear of being knocked down, but they also tried to lock it down and kill all intruders. But they tried to overreach and challenged the server to try to take them on, we accepted and took them over in a week. Was not hard to gain support as the support knocked on our doors once the war started.

Play the politics right and you can hold your territory with job and a life outside the game.
No matter how much politics you have, the pure testosterone of 80 14 year olds with 0 regards to politics can swarm you with a warmachine running on mountain dew and chicken tendies

• Haha
Reactions: ThaBadMan

Orrn

May 28, 2020
No matter how much politics you have, the pure testosterone of 80 14 year olds with 0 regards to politics can swarm you with a warmachine running on mountain dew and chicken tendies
They could, but 14 years old usually dont have the patience or coordination to do it in a way that matters. Which is why most of the successful guilds in mo1 were ran by "old" men.

Reactions: KermyWormy

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
They could, but 14 years old usually dont have the patience or coordination to do it in a way that matters. Which is why most of the successful guilds in mo1 were ran by "old" men.
Yet lots of their PVPers were composed of young people with no real jobs. All these grumpy old boomers would be very useless without the sheer willpower of angsty millennials doing their bidding.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
If Starvault is going to add a mechanic for capturing assets, I would rather that mechanic be tied to a siege window. You pop down your siege camp and declare intent to siege and capture the building (keep, probably) and a timeframe is decided for when the attack starts and ends. They could increase the hitpoints on houses/keeps/gates/walls by a large margin so that it would still be possible to siege, but instead sieging for destroying an asset and no timeframe set, so you could do this whenever.

This way you can choose if you would rather declare a siege with intention of capturing, which would be faster and less costly due to no rebuilding but your enemy might be able to deploy a proper defense - or, you can choose to siege by destruction, which would take longer and (might be) more costly but you can choose a time when there would be little to no defense to siege on

Reactions: PatWins

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I know, we had RPK and Dred on our door for years, still kids cant do much against adults :ROFLMAO: Max dmg they did was a few wall sections and smaller TS when given hours in our sleep time...:ROFLMAO:

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Ok time frame idea is worst idea ive red since a long time. what a bullshit of an idea. Siege windows with time from time were stuff is siegable is cutting freedom.
Its a bad design wich shit gaames choose because they dont like to think 1 step ahead. A no is no many ways, sry man but whoever is truly for siege WTF

Sry that suggestion is the worst ive ever read since im on the forum 2010. Im so pissed right know that someone could really have that in mind. WTF is wrong with you. Everythign that cuts freedom in such a way is a NO GO. So could you please pack your shit and leave this forum you dont deserve to be here. play your nooby shitgames, and all the alpha garbage that came up in that decade. Mortal Survived because it didn't do that bullshit.
This is sarcasm?

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
This is sarcasm?
depends on the viewing angle xD

party hard:
tenor.gif

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Seriously? And what if a guild is not international and all members are from the same country? They should call the others at 4am?

Waaaait, did I got trolled?
Yes.

Shadowbane, as often remarked heretofore, had something like a time window for defense, chosen by the defenders, and the world of Aerynth remained dangerous and exciting. Star Vault can afford to consider the idea.

Reactions: ThaBadMan