'vulnerable' structuses at chosen time

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
But we all forget owning a keep SHOULDNT be for everyone. Hopefully MO2 will have a bunch of guild structures for smaller guilds who aint got manpower to defend keeps 24/7 like guild halls and smaller forts for example.

Reactions: Kalistair and Monco

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Having to protect your shit 24/7 is not really customer friendly or viable unless you're a jobless neckbeard. Sure, you can join a guild with a thousand dudes and be safe most likely, but that also means your options are limited, so less "freedom" of choice that way.

Take a lesson from Last Oasis that actually has mechanisms in place to prevent offline raiding and they're still losing a player base. If people lose shit when they're offline, they quit, you've lost those customers and the player base shrinks. I've seen this play out over and over again in a multitude of games. I hope SV is building their game to survive with a healthy player base for 5+ years, not shudder the game in 8 months.
MO is not for Crybabies that quit because of loosing gear. Thats the wrong game if you afraid loosing gear. please play something else if you not willing to loosing stuff/time. thx

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Dont get me Wrong our keep got ninja sieged and my Houses got sieged more than 5 times while i was at work.

But WTF is wrong with some of you guys. That is how it is thats life. if every motherfucker group of 5-10 could own a keep in safe haven is this MyLittlePony Online or what?

Come on that shit mechanics come from game that didn't made it so long, i trust henrik on this that he dont do that shit.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Think what the mechanic would actually do though. Who cares if it cuts into freedom that freedom is literally only used to ninja siege like a lil bitch. The mechanic would make it so there's more pvp instead of griefing.

Helix

May 28, 2020
MO is not for Crybabies that quit because of loosing gear. Thats the wrong game if you afraid loosing gear. please play something else if you not willing to loosing stuff/time. thx

If henrik shared this opinion (he doesn't) MO2 is as doomed as MO1. Losing stuff is perfectly fine, but losing stuff when you can actually defend it should be what the game encourages. Losing stuff at 5 am in the morning EST because a bunch of dudes living in butt fuck no where bolivia are offline raiding you is a guaranteed recipe for failure. This is enough of an issue where while a minority of people are fine with losing shit off line, the vast majority of people are NOT okay with that. MO2 needs thousands of players, not hundreds.

Reactions: Piet

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I do like the idea of putting down someting of a siege tent kinda thing which states in say 4 hours we siege you.
That way you have the ability to hire mercs or mobilizing allies to defend in your stead if you are unable at that time.

That way you dont infringe on the freedom of players and you take note that all of us have to sleep and most of us have to work.
Also you help the economy in the way that you know before the siege that it will happen and can therefore mobilize mercs to hold your keep for you. Allies also help here so will be a better political scene than late MO and more like early MO but you normally dont pay your allies so wont help economy and to have a good mercenary scene. Circulation of money is good for the game no matter how you view it.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I do like the idea of putting down someting of a siege tent kinda thing which states in say 4 hours we siege you.
That way you have the ability to hire mercs or mobilizing allies to defend in your stead if you are unable at that time.

That way you dont infringe on the freedom of players and you take note that all of us have to sleep and most of us have to work.
Also you help the economy in the way that you know before the siege that it will happen and can therefore mobilize mercs to hold your keep for you. Allies also help here so will be a better political scene than late MO and more like early MO but you normally dont pay your allies so wont help economy and to have a good mercenary scene. Circulation of money is good for the game no matter how you view it.
Ya that would work altho id lean towards a little longer than 4 hours. Just something that encourages actual pvp instead of griefing. Every way a game is set up encourages something and it's the game makers job to come up with a system that encourages something fun.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Think what the mechanic would actually do though. Who cares if it cuts into freedom that freedom is literally only used to ninja siege like a lil bitch. The mechanic would make it so there's more pvp instead of griefing.

I had weeks with several sieges per day. That was hell of fun! Wouldn't be possible anymore and might even reduce the PVP.

Reactions: Speznat

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Ok time frame idea is worst idea ive red since a long time. what a bullshit of an idea. Siege windows with time from time were stuff is siegable is cutting freedom.
Its a bad design wich shit gaames choose because they dont like to think 1 step ahead. A no is no many ways, sry man but whoever is truly for siege windows and timeframe deserves corona or worse. (sry im just angry ignore it)

Sry that suggestion is the worst ive ever read since im on the forum 2010. Im so pissed right know that someone could really have that in mind. WTF is wrong with you. Everythign that cuts freedom in such a way is a NO GO. So could you please pack your shit and leave this forum you dont deserve to be here. play your nooby shitgames, and all the alpha garbage that came up in that decade. Mortal Survived because it didn't do that bullshit.
Your replies are always so childish. Take a few breaths and understand you're no longer 8, and that temper tantrums will not get you anywhere.

Reactions: Vakirauta

Piet

May 28, 2020
I had weeks with several sieges per day. That was hell of fun! Wouldn't be possible anymore and might even reduce the PVP.
No it wouldn't you would still have several sieges per day and can still be for weeks just while you were online. I like the camp idea ThaBadMan came up with. Could still have your several sieges with a time so it's not just done without pvp. I am all game for hardcore tons of sieges all the time and losing everything all the time just have a system that encourages pvp instead of encourages ninja siege.

Helix

May 28, 2020

I think this is a good middleground and it's something that other games have done well. Whether it be a siege tent that declares your intention to or another similar mechanic. There has to be some caveats so you can't just siege someone 3am in the morning. The game should encourage player vs. player, not player vs. empty keep full of npcs.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Your replies are always so childish. Take a few breaths and understand you're no longer 8, and that temper tantrums will not get you anywhere.
its just reading some of these suggestion over the years, its just frustratign, like the people that want third person in Mortal.

Can we make a Pro And Contra List of that all together?
Think of Gloria Victis sure it works there but its no Mortal. It depends on how SV engage the TC system this time. We can only learn from MO1.

I can Only SPeak in ma Opinion. I lost a Keep Ninja Sieged, I lost many Houses, And i was often in Rage mode. Im still for No Siege Timers.
Timers with siege camp like badman said is again a different story its not so hard immersive and freedom breaking because its packed in a game mechanic that makes sense from a rational point of view.

But if you pack a shitty timer in no siege for 5pm example, thats bullshit my friend. if its like siege camp building need X hours is better. its not shit.
That actually can save some time or ragequiters or whatever. Its hard to come up with conclusion if SV dont put out any concepts or something its just a guessing game until we hear stuff from the staff.

It just fucking depends on the whole picture.

If its to Easy to build up,
If its to easy to siege,
If its to Time consuming to Build,
is it to time consuming to Siege

It fucking depends if siege windows or camps are a good idea or completly waste of time.

For me Personally SIege camps is okay depends on the time to build
For me Personally siege windows aare awfull shit mechanic pulled out of the ass and just a brainstorming idea with no substance.
For me Personally best cenmario: Same like old Mechanics ninja sieges can happen, and people who cant take loss shouldn't have build something in the first place.

Best for all SV have a mindblowing solution to make all Happy

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rhias and Neftan

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Dude, cry more and throw meat at ppl TRYING to SUGGEST something to help game and player base grow. But nah, u are too conservative, hardcore old fashion MO uber playah.
The only reason I made this thread was to not get ppl ragequit cuz of some cowards attacked their house or something when they were doing their RL stuff.
And yeah, because of guys like you, negating EVERYTHING OTHER THAN MO FROM UR WET DREAMS I'll hear again, after 2-3 years some shit, ALSO FROM GUYS LIKE YOU, that "MO is dead".

deserves corona or worse. (sry im just angry ignore it)
Never thought you could be that infantile, so better dont expect people to threat you seriously next time.

I almost forgot - check eve online, its even more hardcore than mo, it has 36k ppl online at a peak, and structures vulnerable based on timers works well. Also, dont make SV stupid, they can adapt something like this with their own way that fits our beloved game and make everyone happy.

Last edited:

Helix

May 28, 2020
Another game had a solution to this.

"Claim spaces" Everything built within these claim spaces is safe unless a siege is declared on them. Everything built outside of them is unprotected and always open for grabs. Maybe something like this could also work for MO2.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Another game had a solution to this.

"Claim spaces" Everything built within these claim spaces is safe unless a siege is declared on them. Everything built outside of them is unprotected and always open for grabs. Maybe something like this could also work for MO2.
I'd even go a step further and say gate's shouldn't be a thing in MO2 and you can be killed and raided consistently in your home but siege is as you said only during declared war with specific siege camp time. That would further increase pvp and fun interactions while stopping ninja sieges.

Reactions: KermyWormy

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
There still should be some surprise in attacks. We need something between two opposite sides that all will like.
Also, lets dont make this too complex, beauty is in simplicity and there are still more important things to design for small studio like SV.