'vulnerable' structuses at chosen time

Piet

May 28, 2020
I may have thought of a solution. Make guards still in the game but the guards are only on duty during a set period which cannot be all day. That would encourage people to set them up for when they were offline, make sense without breaking immersion, not stop people from ninja sieging but discourage it and solve the guard problem all in one?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I may have thought of a solution. Make guards still in the game but the guards are only on duty during a set period which cannot be all day. That would encourage people to set them up for when they were offline, make sense without breaking immersion, not stop people from ninja sieging but discourage it and solve the guard problem all in one?

The solution for the guard problem is to remove them all without enabling them for a certain time frame. ;)

If assulting bases without actually sieging should be a thing guards are shitty. There is this one large guild with a shitload of players. As a small group of players or even solo when would you do such an assult? Right, at their prime time when they outnumber you several times. Of cause you would sneak in when there is low activity. Oh wait, there are a shitload of guards...

Last edited:
Reactions: Speznat

Kalistair

May 28, 2020
As mentioned previously in the thread, a keep really shouldn't be owned by only a handful of players. There's gotta be a set amount of members in a guild to be able to own something as important as a keep. As long as there's at least a fraction of the guildmates around, NPC guards shouldn't even be necessary. However, I am also interested in this "siege tent" idea, alerting players of an incoming siege attempt well beforehand of any actual siege or siege equipment being built. This could the perfect mechanic to combat the ninja-sieging problem if done right. Overall, I think the fewer the NPCs the better. Alert towers are a great NPC-esque feature, however, as long as they're only there for alerting in guild chat... and ringing that beautiful bell!

With regard to walls... As far as guildhalls or whatever for smaller guilds, I'm hesitant on allowing them to have walls of their own. Perhaps SV should allow players to do more activities inside of their houses/guildhalls instead of having players build a bunch of structures outside of them, making people less inclined to build walls around every single thing they own. A lot of the time we can't even see a player's house because it's surrounded by walls. It'd be a lot nicer to instead see the different designs people build with the modular housing system... but then again, most people just build mud brick shit shacks anyway.

Well now I got to thinking that it'd be cool if there were a predesigned guildhall for smaller guilds to build to gather and socialize at instead of a simple modular house. There could even be a small courtyard in the center for the placement of more outside-themed structures like wells, guild priests, etc. For the modular houses I assume they'll be readding, I'm not a big fan of walls at all. Ideally though, I'd like to see players riding in and out of town to conduct their business whatever it may be, and not hermitting in their little hidey-holes all day long talking to their vendors and whatnot.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Dude, cry more and throw meat at ppl TRYING to SUGGEST something to help game and player base grow. But nah, u are too conservative, hardcore old fashion MO uber playah.
The only reason I made this thread was to not get ppl ragequit cuz of some cowards attacked their house or something when they were doing their RL stuff.
And yeah, because of guys like you, negating EVERYTHING OTHER THAN MO FROM UR WET DREAMS I'll hear again, after 2-3 years some shit, ALSO FROM GUYS LIKE YOU, that "MO is dead".

Never thought you could be that infantile, so better dont expect people to threat you seriously next time.

I almost forgot - check eve online, its even more hardcore than mo, it has 36k ppl online at a peak, and structures vulnerable based on timers works well. Also, dont make SV stupid, they can adapt something like this with their own way that fits our beloved game and make everyone happy.

eve is shit. Mortal is best over all games.
Why are you negating my point of view than?

I Neglecting the suggestion because its what i think not the best Solution for that problem. If you would have wrote the Idea with Settign up camps it would be a other story than. And youre negating my point of view. So how on earth you think your on a Superior Point of view? we are looking at it equaly and everyone have thier own opinion about that because playstyles vary.

Mo is not dead. I often hear that frase from people playing online for a few months than quit and come back after years and go after a few months again. MO is more than Just PVP get the picture man. Mortal is for me Freedom, Community, Crafting , Grinding, and than PVP

Mo is not dead, it depends on what angle you view the shit. For me Mortal was never dead but i play different from you, so my angle is a different one so my Opinion is a other than yours, accept it.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Im not totally negating your point of view Speznat, i love mo for being that hard, without tpp, map, etc that other games have. Im just pointing that you are behaving like you are participating in the most mean person contest for the place #1.

If you would have wrote the Idea with Settign up camps it would be a other story than
Made a thread to discuss it with other users than suggest everything ready to implement, lol or reading flaming on others with other point of view.
C'mon dude, I also like the idea of tents ?

Darknight

May 29, 2020
People have jobs and lives. I think the idea of having a window of sorts is a good one. People have jobs, and such a move could help keep a stronger population in game, which is, after all, a main goal for both players and developers. The question would lie in how to implement it and what system to use.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
The main thing is many quit beause of loss, because it is a fuckign hassle to get in in the first place.

If you loose your rust house you say to yourself ok fuck it i can build it up in 1hour again.

But if you lose your house in mortal its just like losing the gold amount of 10hours. Losing the materias amount of 5hours. Loosing the decoration traveling time and maybe killed while transport of 10 hours.

so youve lost about 25 hours. sure people quit.

It should be easier to build stuff, or it should be harder to siege stuff. But one of that must happen. Than we maybe dont evne need siege windows or a fix for the problem if we kill the problem in the first place!

Im still not for siege times were from hour x to hour y are the worst fucking idea since a decade or the suggestion of third person.
Siege camps maybe if they are not to long to build up. or balanced in a system that dont feel unfair or unessary.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
IN MY PERSONAL OPINION houses, keeps and future boats should not take less time to build, because, as you said - those stuff are not for everyone and also loosing your hard work is a part if this game too. Thats also for some kind of siege windows it will make the game more chsllenging when you do not attack ghost town at 5am, lol.
Oh, and tents should take small amount of time to build, because cmon, those are tents xd

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
With regard to walls... As far as guildhalls or whatever for smaller guilds, I'm hesitant on allowing them to have walls of their own. Perhaps SV should allow players to do more activities inside of their houses/guildhalls instead of having players build a bunch of structures outside of them, making people less inclined to build walls around every single thing they own. A lot of the time we can't even see a player's house because it's surrounded by walls. It'd be a lot nicer to instead see the different designs people build with the modular housing system... but then again, most people just build mud brick shit shacks anyway.
Imo walls should ONLY be a certain radius around keeps like it used to be in old MO before TS patch.
Inside said radius you can build anything anywhere like after TS patch.

If we get small forts they are already fortified so no need for walls, same for guild halls it should be sturdy with a big gate/door thats could be destructable with rams, axes and maces for example.
Same with keeps imo. This would also be a must if keeps become capturable to get inside, take control and capture it.

But walls should imo be highly limited as not to make MO2 as ugly and shitty as MO became regarding Territory Structures.

Reactions: Kalistair

Piet

May 28, 2020
The solution for the guard problem is to remove them all without enabling them for a certain time frame. ;)

If assulting bases without actually sieging should be a thing guards are shitty. There is this one large guild with a shitload of players. As a small group of players or even solo when would you do such an assult? Right, at their prime time when they outnumber you several times. Of cause you would sneak in when there is low activity. Oh wait, there are a shitload of guards...
I can't tell if you're accidentally or purposefully supporting my suggestion. It's a good thing if a small group or solo can't siege down a large guild when they are offline. That's not a bad thing that a small group can't grief and avoid pvp.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I can't tell if you're accidentally or purposefully supporting my suggestion. It's a good thing if a small group or solo can't siege down a large guild when they are offline. That's not a bad thing that a small group can't grief and avoid pvp.
I'm not talking about sieging, I'm talking about assaulting. Like sneaking into the pallisade when somebody does not close the gate quickly after entering or using the environment to get on top of poorly placed walls. Basically what Grayfox does all the time...
But yeah, you could also count that as griefing... But I do enjoy it.
Also a great opportunity to pay revenge on larger guilds that bully you while they are on their prime time and zerk you with huge forces of mounteds.

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
I'm not talking about sieging, I'm talking about assaulting. Like sneaking into the pallisade when somebody does not close the gate quickly after entering or using the environment to get on top of poorly placed walls. Basically what Grayfox does all the time...
But yeah, you could also count that as griefing... But I do enjoy it.
Also a great opportunity to pay revenge on larger guilds that bully you while they are on their prime time and zerk you with huge forces of mounteds.
Oooooo okay that makes sense. I mean Greyfox does it with guards there so I am sure he'd find a way but how I was thinkin is still like 12 hours at least where no guards so it's still going to have a more down time in that time to make that possible.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Siege windows are a stupid idea in a game with worldwide population. Why can't European players siege in their main playing time in their evening a US guild? Same the other way round, US guilds had to siege European guilds at late night.

Many sieges during the first years of MO happened during the offline times of the enemy. That's a reason to create international guilds and alliances with players from different time zones. I liked this international alliances very much in the early years of MO.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
I was at several sieges at 4AM and I won't complain about it.
Exactly. It's not that bad. MO is not a game for casuals, it requires a dedicated team of hardcore nerds and parents to cook food and bring mountain dew to them on siege nights. Occasionally, people have to skip work to siege or a defend a siege. Other high IQ individuals may create macros that alert them IRL when a mangannon is spotted at 3 AM. MO requires sacrifices. And if you aren't willing to sacrifice your personal life for the glory of Henrik, then this game is too hardcore for you.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Exactly. It's not that bad. MO is not a game for casuals, it requires a dedicated team of hardcore nerds and parents to cook food and bring mountain dew to them on siege nights. Occasionally, people have to skip work to siege or a defend a siege. Other high IQ individuals may create macros that alert them IRL when a mangannon is spotted at 3 AM. MO requires sacrifices. And if you aren't willing to sacrifice your personal life for the glory of Henrik, then this game is too hardcore for you.
To get the facts right. I'm not living at my parents. I don't drink any energy drinks. I don't skip work. I got no marco's but discord and an international guild.
But I'm probably a hardcore nerd.

My guild had more Americans than EU players, and I was the one defending at the low times...
With a siege window I would probably get only sieges at 4AM due to high portion of US players in guild.

Orrn

May 28, 2020
And thats why there are only like a dozen people currently playing. I would rather have a populated world with some minor sacrifices in the sanboxyness than a handful of people having a contest of who can be on 24/7 and siege once the others have fallen asleep.

Reactions: Piet

Helix

May 28, 2020

You're living in a dream world where no one works and everyone can log on at 4 am to get sieged. Fortunately I live in reality, where the "casuals" (i.e. people who work 9-5 and don't all live in europe) are the majority of the customer base. MO1 is a shambling corpse and has been for years, and if MO2 doesn't want to end up as one they're going to have to put some kind of limitation into when you can and cannot destroy someones assets. I played MO1, LiF and other games, and I've experienced those 3 am wars. Those games all have something in common tho; they're practically dead. Henrik said they're making MO2 for the masses, so I can only assume this a significant change to sieges.

Personally I'd rather play a game that encourages more PvP at reasonable hours and less player vs. wall. The "one world server" is a whole other subject and problematic.

masses.png

Last edited:

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
You're living in a dream world where no one works and everyone can log on at 4 am to get sieged. Fortunately I live in reality, where the "casuals" (i.e. people who work 9-5 and don't all live in europe) are the majority of the customer base.

View attachment 32
Ever play games like Rust? Where 99% of the playerbase are 14 year olds with too much time on their hands that get really good at the game and smoke people with full time jobs and responsibilities? Darkfall? Or early MO1, prior to the cancer known as "Steam Release," where top tier Pee Vee Peers were either in school or living with their parents? Yeah. That's reality. Where casuals get their shit pushed in by people who invested more time into MO because they have no responsibilities. And you can believe in Henrik all you want, MO2 will never be for the masses. He tried to make MO1 for the masses later on and you know what happened? People got griefed by all the older, jobless players or left because Henrik messed the game up too bad. This is Mortal Online. This is reality. This is hardcore. This is Henrik.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Ever play games like Rust? Where 99% of the playerbase are 14 year olds with too much time on their hands that get really good at the game and smoke people with full time jobs and responsibilities? Darkfall? Or early MO1, prior to the cancer known as "Steam Release," where top tier Pee Vee Peers were either in school or living with their parents? Yeah. That's reality. Where casuals get their shit pushed in by people who invested more time into MO because they have no responsibilities. And you can believe in Henrik all you want, MO2 will never be for the masses. He tried to make MO1 for the masses later on and you know what happened? People got griefed by all the older, jobless players or left because Henrik messed the game up too bad. This is Mortal Online. This is reality. This is hardcore. This is Henrik.
Too bad MO and MO2 is for 18+ I mean for those leet epeen 14 year olds.
I mean you can reign supreme through reputation while having a job and a life. We did for years ruling the entire north in Quad. We never got sieged down and that was mostly due to reputation. Those who tried to do anything got sieged and lost their ability to buy siege weapons.
We did however have enough allies to help us out in ninja siege attempts which happened rather frequently.
Everyone also knew our stance of whoever supplies our enemies will get sieged down rather quick. Fate learned that the slow and hard way.

When we quit we deconstructed all our assets over night and made our enemies butthurt for not being able to siege us down, double whammy.
AQ held the north for years aswell but through terror and fear of being knocked down, but they also tried to lock it down and kill all intruders. But they tried to overreach and challenged the server to try to take them on, we accepted and took them over in a week. Was not hard to gain support as the support knocked on our doors once the war started.

Play the politics right and you can hold your territory with job and a life outside the game.

Reactions: Sirsancho and Rhias