So let me get this right...

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
And now you pick a terrain in favor of a mounted archer ... to show mounted archery is favored ... nice.
let's duel in colored forest ... lol.
trinkets boost all other stats too.
you got already +6%piercing resistance on low quality rings ... so imagine 2rings+1amulet specialized in piercing resistance vs your set specialized in bow ... it might even out.

and the point of OP was literally = "R I P all other builds"

He said, ARCHER, not mounted archer. An archer in the woods is just as dangerous to a mage. Because it takes less than a second to draw a short bow and hit you for 30+. A long bow takes 2 seconds and hits for 70+ on a mage. So you pop out to cast your fulmination.... congrats you just ate a 70 point hit, I cast purify or just eat it and bandi while you pop behind a tree to heal. I run up to your face and beat you to death with whatever weapon I just happen to have. OR I wait for you to pop back out to pop you in the head again but this time out of your fulm range. If you cast mental projectile I wiggle a little bit and you miss.... welp there goes a fair amount of mana. Your best ranged spell is HALF the range of my long bow, and 2/3rd the range of my short bow. I can shoot you and you dont even know I am doing it because animations dont render that far. If you dare to get close as a fat mage on foot, I will kill you with melee, if you try to stay at range I will kill you with my bow.

Mages are powerful BUT you have lower DPS than any archer even an archer with ZERO archery and a 120+ strength bow.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
He said, ARCHER, not mounted archer.
nope OP said MA oghmir.
If someone else after that said "archer" not as an abreviation, and without explicitly specifying he's changing the topic, than it's its fault.

An archer in the woods is just as dangerous to a mage.
i agree, but that's not the topic.
The topic was : "MA oghmir can have 140str bow now -> then why build anything else?"
i.e 140STRasym oghmir > all other builds.

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
The fact that there are equal people on both sides defending different shit kind of shows that maybe things are balanced.. This shit too funny.

Reactions: Balvrikk

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
You guys are not very good mounted mages. You can laser beam the MA while they are chasing you and your lessers literally out heal any damage that they do. Additionally, if you're really getting fucked that bad, just dismount and instantly win. Before the speed nerf I had a 10 dex MM. Even after the nerf I was still able to easily kill other mounted players and I didn't even have spiritism.

So the laser beam move besides being very expensive takes 8 seconds on a horse while you can't turn or change speed and it casts immediately. So the chance of casting for 8 seconds and still having your target in line of sight is absurd. Not to mention not getting hit once.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
nope OP said MA oghmir.
If someone else after that said "archer" not as an abreviation, and without explicitly specifying he's changing the topic, than it's its fault.

i agree, but that's not the topic.
The topic was : "MA oghmir can have 140str bow now -> then why build anything else?"
i.e 140STRasym oghmir > all other builds.

His point still stands. Why build anything else?

Carry two bows one asym and one longbow, easy win. With maxed heavy armor, 50 in archery or even zero in archery you will still hit for 70+. And you will blow up any horse with the longbow. Wearing 26kg of armor you're the M1A2SEP Abrams of MO2.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
ppl talking here are just trolls, there is no op MA :ROFLMAO:
its so easy to type bunch of words on forum, bet you they cant make/show us on a youtube video of a solo MA roaming around and pvp anyone they see "the so called op MA" :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 44

With the new strength and damage mods. Oghs are able to hit for 200 on a naked target with a long bow.

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
its so easy to type bunch of words on forum, bet you they cant make/show us on a youtube video of a solo MA roaming around and pvp anyone they see "the so called op MA" :ROFLMAO:

At least not one made in MO2... lol

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Real Talk. What's the alternative to MA when it comes to ganking people? I've literally never been killed by anyone who wasn't an MA. I've had a few people try to sneak up behind me and melee me, but I can hear you take out your sword from a mile a way and by the time you swing I am already on my horse and gone

Reactions: Jatix

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Real Talk. What's the alternative to MA when it comes to ganking people? I've literally never been killed by anyone who wasn't an MA. I've had a few people try to sneak up behind me and melee me, but I can hear you take out your sword from a mile a way and by the time you swing I am already on my horse and gone
I was killed yesterday by 3 so called OP MA :ROFLMAO: , they did 15-20 per shot to horse without armor, the only reason they killed me its because Im not used to pvp combat, 2nd they saw me before i did, 3rd i tryed to outrun after i saw them instead of going back, 4th I had 3 horses.

I have 94 MA and 100 Archery and did 50 dmg to their armored horses, shoot 1 horse down and almost the 2nd one, while I was shooting on my back my super OP MA hit every rock, tree and groove that I wanted because Im OP and kill everyone :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 44

How do you die to an MA? I've never understood how people die to me. Get out a bone tissue long bow and you can out damage me. Like what?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You guys are not very good mounted mages. You can laser beam the MA while they are chasing you

I'm genuinely interested how'd you do that. Your head turn angle is only 270 degrees and you can't turn your horse while charging the beam, MA will just get into your blind zone a kill you easily.

D

Deleted member 44

I'm genuinely interested how'd you do that. Your head turn angle is only 270 degrees and you can't turn your horse while charging the beam, MA will just get into your blind zone a kill you easily.
Did you just say ONLY 270°? If you are having this many problems just dismount.

I think what is probably happening here is a case of mage brain. Bone Tissue horse armor is considered 'good enough' as you are so used to basically zero cost load outs that you can't even process having steel or better horse armor.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The fact that there are equal people on both sides defending different shit kind of shows that maybe things are balanced.. This shit too funny.
Its just how this community has always been. Everyone is so biased towards their own playstyle, they will sit here and argue all day long over it.

Its a large reason why the balance in this game has always been so fucked. SV doesn't play their own game and have no idea, so they try to get feedback from the playerbase.

Game will never be even close to balanced. They really just care about adding new features and shit.

Just wait till necromancy lol. 100% chance its broken as hell and changes PvP completely. Enjoy what you have now while you can.

Reactions: CrgHck

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Did you just say ONLY 270°? If you are having this many problems just dismount.

What do you mean? Any MA with 100+ hours and half a brain would see you charging the beam and just get into your blind spot, knowing that you can't turn your horse to counteract that, and beam is not precast so you can't charge it, turn, and cast. And if you're at tlash range, a good MA will never miss and shoot several arrows at you while you're charging it.