So let me get this right...

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
(EDIT: Gulith deleted his post I was answering to. I attached a screenshot just to show context otherwise my post seems random.)

Huh? You said 150 int fatmage?

I said 138 because that is the max Intelligence you can get, bar any trinkets. I corrected your mistake.

And secondly I assumed a mounted mage because that made more sense. You think a fatmage on foot will beat a mounted Archer with a 140str bow??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-111219_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-111219_Gmail.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

manure

May 7, 2022
The Devs dont even think about consequences or balance... They just throw in the game some new craps and "lets see what happens"...

And worse... they throw something that is BLESSED... you cannot lose upon death...

The other day there were some people on this Forum complaining about horses being killed by Longbows... After this patch, imagine someone with 140 STR using a longbow on a horse ?
The horse will die before the first arrow actually hits it.

Devs... Please, why dont you focus on fixing bugs and problems instead of creating more problems ?

Here, let me help you... Work on these :

- Fix the murder count exploit, where people will suicide to give counts to whoever hit them by accident
- Give us a Siege system (destroyable buildings)
- Clothing system for fashionable outfits
- Allow mages to cast while moving
- Remove guards from the wilderness (guards should stay inside towns)
- Release the thieving system

That would be a good start...

Reactions: Bicorps

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
(EDIT: Gulith deleted his post I was answering to. I attached a screenshot just to show context otherwise my post seems random.)

Huh? You said 150 int fatmage?

I said 138 because that is the max Intelligence you can get, bar any trinkets. I corrected your mistake.

And secondly I assumed a mounted mage because that made more sense. You think a fatmage on foot will beat a mounted Archer with a 140str bow??
My assumption was that you would obtain the additional 13str from 123 to 140 with trinkets, but it could be some modifiers to str req of bows, so my comment was irrelevant.
However, the initial comment is still stupid because all class receive similar buff with trinkets. You didn't see any oghmium trinkets max roll yet ... and i already saw a +8% ecumenical dmg on a silver amulet.
123 to 140str bow is like a 15%dmg, while +ecu dmg will give same boost range. fatmage would deal 100+ flamestrikes and 44+ outbursts ... not in the head ... if the mage has trees, the matchup is not unilateral as you claim in your dreams, eyes opened.

D

Deleted member 44

*138 Int.

And no, the mounted mage will get wrecked by that MA every time.
Are you stupid? Fat mages greater heal for 70 and laser beam for 80 right now. Good luck out damaging that as an MA outside of a 1v1.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Mage getting a damage boost means nothing vs an MA with 138str bow who will kill your mage in 1-2 arrows after also 1-3 shotting your horse. The MA can move while drawing.. the mage cant move while casting. The MA is probably wearing steel, the mage is wearing paper. There is no contest between full MA and mage. This is all besides the point and irrelevant.

The point of the post is the devs didnt think about how broken this will be. MA was already a problem.. now they have been massively buffed. All pve content trivialized. It is easier on my Oghmir before patch, to pop a clade and face tank 4-5 bandits and just dome them with my longbow than to melee them because the dmg is so high/cant be blocked

Reactions: CrgHck

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Plz think,
1) steel is useless against magic, while mage armor still reduce piercing damage over 40%.
2) MA can move, but it's harder to hit, and wooble on mount is coming ... while mage have line scan targeting. Mage can dodge arrow easily, MA can't if the mage is not useless.
3) mage can hide behind trees and heal, MA can't.
-> the point is : it's far from a no match, it will depend on skill and terrain.

• Haha
Reactions: Calcal and m4rt3

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Plz think,
1) steel is useless against magic, while mage armor still reduce piercing damage over 40%.
2) MA can move, but it's harder to hit, and wooble on mount is coming ... while mage have line scan targeting. Mage can dodge arrow easily, MA can't if the mage is not useless.
3) mage can hide behind trees and heal, MA can't.
-> the point is : it's far from a no match, it will depend on skill and terrain.

I mean, ill freely show you why a mage will lose to an archer in a duel of you want...

Lets say we duel in..an open field with....1 tree 😁

Again though, this has nothing to do with the OP

The point of my OP was that trinkets will now allow for insanely powerful bows to be weilded. Which were already debatably too strong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 44

The amount of time it takes to cast greater heal an MA has already hit you 2-3 times killing you
You guys are not very good mounted mages. You can laser beam the MA while they are chasing you and your lessers literally out heal any damage that they do. Additionally, if you're really getting fucked that bad, just dismount and instantly win. Before the speed nerf I had a 10 dex MM. Even after the nerf I was still able to easily kill other mounted players and I didn't even have spiritism.

Reactions: m4rt3

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The speed nerf means very little to a mm that will just down gear to turn anyways. the best mounted mage freehorses does not complain and even likes it.

mm very strong still.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
wooble on mount is coming
I'm not picking a side in this argument. But I just want to point out that everything in this game is unfinished shit that people need to say "but when this is finally added".

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Are you stupid? Fat mages greater heal for 70 and laser beam for 80 right now. Good luck out damaging that as an MA outside of a 1v1.

Dude, are you stupid? XD Just taking the laser in the face. You can't tank the mage, silly. You actually need to use your ability to change direction whilst drawing the bow. If you are just staring at him as he charges the laser for 6 secs (yes 6 as Mountd Magery is douled), then you are stupid.

There is a 15 degrees blindspot behind the MM, you are suppose to stay there. And just count 5 secs each time he charges, then change your direction to cross the blindspot. He can't hold a Spiritism charge, incase you didn't know.

If the mage tries to greater heal, that is 70 heal over 4.2 secs. If you are doing less than that with a bow, then you need to go read how to build a MA. And even if you can't break that heal, spells cost mana, which is a limited recourse. And if he is wearing light armour to keep his mana, then just shoot the mage and not the horse, he only gets the greater heal off every second time. So you have 8.4 secs to DPS him, come on man. (EDIT: this is actually assuming you only hit him once every 4.2 secs, which is super crap. Even you could do 2 hits in that time. So he only has 25% chance to get that greater heal off)

Maybe you just main as mounted mage, because you seem to only attract stupid mounted Archers. Ez MO2 for you.

Last edited:

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
I mean, ill freely show you why a mage will lose to an archer in a duel of you want...

Lets say we duel in..an open field with....1 tree 😁

Again though, this has nothing to do with the OP

The point of my OP was that trinkets will now allow for insanely powerful bows to be weilded. Which were already debatably too strong.
And now you pick a terrain in favor of a mounted archer ... to show mounted archery is favored ... nice.
let's duel in colored forest ... lol.
trinkets boost all other stats too.
you got already +6%piercing resistance on low quality rings ... so imagine 2rings+1amulet specialized in piercing resistance vs your set specialized in bow ... it might even out.

and the point of OP was literally = "R I P all other builds"