Returning to beta population numbers but with out the beta community.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
I think it sounds like they didn't intend any buildings to be near the front side of the keep.
But regardless how close it was, it was not in the wall, it was not inhibiting access to the gate, so the game greenzoned the area for a non-keep owning guild, that usually means that someone in development decided the area was buildable and labelled the area as such, in this case it sounds like it was an oversight where they forgot to prohibit access to that area, and that is okay, they can fix the oversight or mistake, but why not move the house to a nearby OK area instead of deleting it? There was no bug/exploit used to create the house, the house wasn't hacked into place, it was normal in-game functions that put the house there.

Let's use a different example, if we talk to the statue that transports you from haven to myrland, it had restrictions put on it for items that could be allowed over to myrland, it clearly would limit the amount, but bags allowed for these same restricted items to be brought over, clearly another oversight by developers and I don't knock them, they are a small team and are not perfect. From my understanding there was a good amount of items that were brought over this way before the bug was fixed, clearly the bag was exploiting a limitation of the game, but let's say the players didn't know, they thought the bag due to the mechanics allowed them to bring the items over, shouldn't the items be deleted?

If players who did this wonderful bypass are not having the items deleted , why is a house being deleted for being placed within an unrestricted zone?
The player intentionally placed the house there knowing it would block a door. I don't see why we should reward stupid even if SV forgot disabling build structures there. Fact is though I can glitch into a tree an kill trolls with long bows from the tree, just because I can do this doesn't mean I should be doing this, some times the easiest fix to someone doing something stupid is just smacking them over the head until they realize they aren't going to get away with it or be rewarded for it.

It be one thing if the guy placed his house in an empty field an SV deleted it because they decided they want a camp in that field, but no that not were this individual decided to place his house. He decided that it be a good idea to place it right in front of a door to a keep so he could grief people intentionally, an he decided he was in the right doing so just because SV didn't restrict building access in that spot. Well it SV game they make it clear they aren't going to reward people for doing stupid shit just because they decide to playing dum.

Also players who exploited the bag glitch had their entire banks wiped an some were even banned. So Idk were you source is coming from saying people weren't punished when they were, or that people did this without realizing it was an exploit. Obviously anyone who did that knew they were exploiting, that like printing out the wrong label for produce you self weighted an claiming you didn't know you labelled it wrong.

Last edited:

randysavageLO

Jan 22, 2022
You pretty much back stabbed the core community that has been playing your very rough beta constantly for the past year.

Red keeps are priest are not enough, you only use negative reinforcement to try to prevent players from playing the only worth while content in your game which is the open world PvP. All you do is punish people for winning in PvP, not fix the actual issue.

You lock the .ini which out letting us turn off shadows, remove grass, or lower the render enough when you game runs like garbage even with the ini on. You expect this to keep players in your game because some kids who mostly already quit and were never going to stay cried about people making this horrible running game have ok frames.
You are just going to see a drop of at least 100 players concurrent now because of this.

You put cancerous priest outside of dungeons which just results in nakeds running back to each fight that you have at a dungeon just to die on purpose to give more MCs and rep loss.

The bug fixes if they work this patch would be good and would have stopped some people from quiting but you are just killing off the players that would have stayed.

Yeah this patch had some good QoL and bug fixes but you still treat your core like garbage. We were playing this game with the lack of content of the beta, through wipes, through the worse bugs, yet you still treat ups like trash and wont listen or conceed. We would have cept playing by you do everything to make players who can play through the lack of content, bugs, sub prices, and hackers quit by punishing them.

Edit: thanks and credit for the title goes to Foe from TC.
Games gonna die for sure

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
The player intentionally placed the house there knowing it would block a door. I don't see why we should reward stupid even if SV forgot disabling build structures there. Fact is though I can glitch into a tree an kill trolls with long bows from the tree, just because I can do this doesn't mean I should be doing this, some times the easiest fix to someone doing something stupid is just smacking them over the head until they realize they aren't going to get away with it or be rewarded for it.

It be one thing if the guy placed his house in an empty field an SV deleted it because they decided they want a camp in that field, but no that not were this individual decided to place his house. He decided that it be a good idea to place it right in front of a door to a keep so he could grief people intentionally, an he decided he was in the right doing so just because SV didn't restrict building access in that spot. Well it SV game they make it clear they aren't going to reward people for doing stupid shit just because they decide to playing dum.

Also players who exploited the bag glitch had their entire banks wiped an some were even banned. So Idk were you source is coming from saying people weren't punished when they were, or that people did this without realizing it was an exploit. Obviously anyone who did that knew they were exploiting, that like printing out the wrong label for produce you self weighted an claiming you didn't know you labelled it wrong.

I am not sure what reward you speak of, there is no gain from getting the house back, actually right now it is a loss, and again the gate was not blocked.

That's a first I have heard anyone losing items or getting banned for the bag bug, did the dev's announce this somewhere?

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
I am not sure what reward you speak of, there is no gain from getting the house back, actually right now it is a loss, and again the gate was not blocked.

That's a first I have heard anyone losing items or getting banned for the bag bug, did the dev's announce this somewhere?
You don't read the official discord I see.

D

Deleted member 44

No 5head. Discord posted this after he removed the house. SVs in the wrong and no matter how many lines of copium you snort will change this.

Reactions: Tzone

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
Enlighten me, I am pretty sure I have seen messages related to the intention to ban players if they do it, but I cant say I have seen any details in regards to saying we have banned players whom have done it.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Games gonna die for sure
They will have people that will continue to play not matter how bad the game is because there is no other option. I just cant stomach it anymore and havent played after the first couple of hours after this last patch.

The lighting hurts my eyes, the grass is pixelated and looks bad, The shadows are all wonky and disappear and reapear at certain distances along with being choppy, the game stutters a lot now, frame rate is low/not consistent, and the rain is back so you drop so many frames during storms. Grass and shadows and the light dont serve any real purpose gameplay wise but some dude who doesn't play game or understands them determined that he knows best and forced his preference on everyone else.

Game just looks like junk, runs like junk, the customers service is horrible, SV is spiteful to its players, and you get settings forced onto you that normally are allowed to be turned off in every other game including ones that are competitive. But dont worry when ue5 comes out every things will still look like junk but probably run much worse with the higher video ram requirements.

Dropped from 4.6k peak weekend numbers to 3.9k. Also lost 2 hundred week day peak numbers. Just a great patch man. Its like every patch they do makes the game worse off then before.

The reason that post was made was because he put his house in front of the keep. His house was there before the post.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
They will have people that will continue to play not matter how bad the game is because there is no other option. I just cant stomach it anymore and havent played after the first couple of hours after this last patch.

The lighting hurts my eyes, the grass is pixelated and looks bad, The shadows are all wonky and disappear and reapear at certain distances along with being choppy, the game stutters a lot now, frame rate is low/not consistent, and the rain is back so you drop so many frames during storms. Grass and shadows and the light dont serve any real purpose gameplay wise but some dude who doesn't play game or understands them determined that he knows best and forced his preference on everyone else.

Game just looks like junk, runs like junk, the customers service is horrible, SV is spiteful to its players, and you get settings forced onto you that normally are allowed to be turned off in every other game including ones that are competitive. But dont worry when ue5 comes out every things will still look like junk but probably run much worse with the higher video ram requirements.

Dropped from 4.6k peak weekend numbers to 3.9k. Also lost 2 hundred week day peak numbers. Just a great patch man. Its like every patch they do makes the game worse off then before.

The reason that post was made was because he put his house in front of the keep. His house was there before the post.

Yeah it is kind of sad we have to put up with so many problems and bugs that SV absolutely refuses to fix for no particular reason just to play a sandbox pvp game

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Just be patient game hasn't even been out for two months, lol
Games been played for over a year. "release" was in jan but we had thousands of hours and most criticisms were done on purpose against player feedback.

Just look at the games horrible lighting, you can search the forums to see a couple long threads about feedback on how horrible the lighting is and Henriks response is that some people like it so its only preference even tho it hurts the eyes of a sizable chuck of the player base, and cause migranes for some players. I suspect lots of people stop complaining because we all started to use the ini that turned off that horrible lighting. At least thats why I stopped complaining. Now I dont even play because the lighting hurts my eyes and makes the game uncomfortable to play.

The other thing is the shadows and grass which players were able to turn off in the early days of the alpha. This allowed the game to run better with very little if any impact of the gameplay for players. But they removed that feature and forced players to play with shadows which for some AMD users cuts performance in half. For me its around a 30% decrease in FPS to have shadows and grass on. And the shadow flicker and render weirdly at certain ranges so its less immersive. Henrik refuses to allow players to turn this off for role play reasons.

Another thing is that Henrik lowered the FoV that you were allowed to have to 103 because it caused "fish eye-ness" in screen shots and he wanted to only have the best screen shots of the game so he fucked all of us who normally played with higher FoV or such a superficial reason.

Also another resent thing is that he renerfed stamina. Before the release there was a stamina nerf which Henrik initially claimed was a bug and that he would look into it one stream and the next stream he said it was not a bug they were trying to see what would change with less stamina which many of the skilled playerbased raged against because it buffed zergs to have harsher stamina penalties and lessened what skilled players could achieve. And now a patch after launch stamina is nerfed again secretly.

I could look for more because the last year has just been fighting SV tooth and nail over them making horrible changes to the game. Its not like they havent the time to meet the wishes of the players and that they will eventually get things sorted out. Its that each patch makes the game worse and they do more work taking away things and making the game worst.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
So they actually introduced siege warfare? Except you have to become a GM and then delete peoples houses. Interesting style of gameplay I must say! Mortal Online 2 innovating as usual with its revolutionary and advanced systems.

Cool stuff

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You pretty much back stabbed the core community that has been playing your very rough beta constantly for the past year.

Red keeps are priest are not enough, you only use negative reinforcement to try to prevent players from playing the only worth while content in your game which is the open world PvP. All you do is punish people for winning in PvP, not fix the actual issue.

You lock the .ini which out letting us turn off shadows, remove grass, or lower the render enough when you game runs like garbage even with the ini on. You expect this to keep players in your game because some kids who mostly already quit and were never going to stay cried about people making this horrible running game have ok frames.
You are just going to see a drop of at least 100 players concurrent now because of this.

You put cancerous priest outside of dungeons which just results in nakeds running back to each fight that you have at a dungeon just to die on purpose to give more MCs and rep loss.

The bug fixes if they work this patch would be good and would have stopped some people from quiting but you are just killing off the players that would have stayed.

Yeah this patch had some good QoL and bug fixes but you still treat your core like garbage. We were playing this game with the lack of content of the beta, through wipes, through the worse bugs, yet you still treat ups like trash and wont listen or conceed. We would have cept playing by you do everything to make players who can play through the lack of content, bugs, sub prices, and hackers quit by punishing them.

Edit: thanks and credit for the title goes to Foe from TC.

Locking the .ini file was a good thing. If this game runs poorly for you on low settings perhaps you should stop buying new games and save that money and get a new PC or upgrade that one from the 486dx with 4kb of RAM.

I dont agree with the priest issues... I agree the blue priest outside of dungeons is an issue. But I also feel that reds should be allowed to res at a blue priest but with stat loss, like in MO1.

Reactions: Archiel and druez

druez

Jan 9, 2022
I'm pretty happy they locked turning off shadows and grass. It is part of the game and turning that stuff off gives people who do an advantage. I might think I'm hidden in the corner or in the grass in the jungle for instance, but without grass I would be plainly visible.

I think the game looks great, I play on an HDR monitor and Windows 11 and the graphics and lighting are fine. People cry too much.

If you can't run this game with those turned on, upgrade your PC.

Also, why do you guys stay on the forums complaining over and over again. If you are so upset, just leave. I don't get it. I would just ban you guys from the forums if I was SV. All you do is turn off new players. You guys are like scorned lovers, you got cheated on and now you so bitter.

D

Dracu

Locking the .ini file was a good thing. If this game runs poorly for you on low settings perhaps you should stop buying new games and save that money and get a new PC or upgrade that one from the 486dx with 4kb of RAM.

I dont agree with the priest issues... I agree the blue priest outside of dungeons is an issue. But I also feel that reds should be allowed to res at a blue priest but with stat loss, like in MO1.

Iam always amazed at how bad this game runs performance wise. This doesnt feel like next gen graphics... It feels like next gen clutter spam with every unnecessary option enabled to make geme luk pretty and let new graphics card carry it instead of optimising the game. I mean... Seriously... The only way for this game to run better is relying Not on SV to optimize but getting a card that can carry their mess and hope for UE5 nanite system to solve something. Even though the later one would require SV to do a little bit manual work so i wouldnt count on that...

But thats what you get when just shopping for the pretty stuff on unreal asset store, inconsisten.optimisation. Some areas run okay some bad some utterly garbage and making scenery without keeping performance in mind (mk>toxai valles) does t se to help.either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tzone and ThaBadMan

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yea I dunno what to say. I hope they spice it up. It's not gonna 'die,' but it's def a game to play casually. They could make some spicy changes. I really feel like the pve nature of the game is what is holding it back. Even tho they need subs, they haven't been able to start subs, are bleeding people, and most people are gonna be bored by the time subs start anyway.

The whole game is shallow if you look past human interaction. Pvp isn't the only human interaction, but it helps to have it going on. There aren't even buy orders. The game needs more things to encourage players to work together toward goals, but then it also needs tools for players to use to create meaningful content.

A lot of it is the pop. Some of it is tools tho. The game isn't lacking pop (tho I bet a lot of them are in haven tbh), but nobody is doing much. Almost to the point where we won't need alt servers anymore tho. To people who are just not feeling it, I'd say just chill for awhile... got plenty of time. I died to pvp for the first time last night rofl. Wew. Like I said this is just a different game.

Edit: in short, ya just gotta troll n have fun in this state... imo.

Last edited: