Returning to beta population numbers but with out the beta community.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Henrik just trying to make the game as niche as possible. Its almost as its a hobby project and not a real business...

Expecting optimization while at the same time expecting them to allow people to go wild on game manipulation is fine backwards thinking.

Yeah cuz removing shadows is going wild on game manipulation LMAO

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Expecting optimization while at the same time expecting them to allow people to go wild on game manipulation is fine backwards thinking.

Priest outside SOME dungeons is not a problem unless you stay just outside the dungeon. Nakeds running through a dungeon to harass is.... hard to put it mildly. In risar, one risar will run a naked down like nobody's business. So all you need between the priest and your group is a spawn of like 1 or 2 mobs.

I also love how you are expecting them to magically do more? they are fixing things and you want... More?

Uh.... Yeah....
The fact that you self identify as the core player base while being on the verge of tears rage quitting daily to literally anything happening sort of lets us know that maybe, just maybe you are NOT part of the demographic that enjoy games like these.

We already discussed this, what is being argued is not the quantity of content but the quality of the content. What goes backwards are the restrictions to gameplay forcing players to alternate between servers that don't allow mailing, broker and housing, the lack of priests in a massive world thats empty and tends to concentrate most of the populations un cities cuz they lack the very basic understanding to make player cities viable. They implement bullshit half baked content and they promise you things will be better un the future with more continents and TC, shit thats not comming anytime soon and if it does come soon it will most likely br bullshit.

The correct way to do shit for SV would be yo address the impact of gamechanging mechanics before they add them instead of just trying it out. Doing garbage like that they disrespect their community and deserve the game to die out. Nobody is entitled yo anything here, just people demanding what was promised and i don't see anything fucking wrong with that to be honest.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
idk i think this game is most fun right now if you play it like Minecraft and focus on mining and crafting. Maybe some taming. Pvp and pve wise yeah its a bit rough. Most pve mob camps have painfully slow respawn rates. Half of the time they are empty when you get there. There's no real pvp objectives in game right now so pvp just devolves into ganking people mining calx or something for some crap gear and some stacks of ore. Need to add better pve stuff in the game and better pvp objectives. Then players wouldn't just roam around shooting down every noob that walks outside

Reactions: Pipars and Elric

foe

Oct 26, 2021
I'm not sure if anyone with power to make changes will even read this and as I'm not interested in shouting into the wind I'll keep this relatively brief for the topics on hand; unless contacted.

Nerfing red priest locations before TC priests = bad idea,
new red priests for castles = fine bandaid fix for castle owning guild members
not a castle owning guild member? = bad.

Red priest change to stop new player griefers - didnt stop them and force people to be ultra blue pve citizen or perma red murder psycho because of red priest inconvenience, many blue and red pvpers quit game entirely
Red priest change = affected not just new player griefers, but sensible consensual parcel running blue pvp players.

Want to stop certain player behavior use the murder count and reputation systems to accurately punish them
Kill undeserving player (innocent noob, pve rock hitter, etc) = punishment, Kill pvper who lose fight = no punishment
Currently, Kill most people regardless of noob or casual pvper = punishment
SV need to make the distinction between the gameplay types of players to balance their capability independently.

conceptual pvp gameplay loop fix:

• MC punishment is exclusively to force inconvenient red priest rez.

• Power to give rep loss+murder count only for players who relinquish power and compartmentalize their gameplay as a way to differentiate themselves from Red and Blue/"Purple" pvpers.

• Gameplay implementation might look like: pve noob player with X% (90%?) of max rep, or X amt of rep, can then give rep loss + mc. A gameplay privilege that wont be sustained by those who are not of this playstyle while relinquishing power to constantly pvp. Will need to mess with rep numbers, potentially scale all of them up universally to fit this reputation investment

• Increase murder count punishment from 5 -> 35; check internal analytics of real red players and its avg is 80+

Blue player"Purple" playerRed player
Can enter townsCan enter townsCant enter towns
Can give rep loss + murder countCant give rep loss + murder countCant give rep loss + murder count
Spawn blue priestSpawn blue/red priest (based on MC's)Spawn Red priest
1-time rep farmContinuous rep farmNo rep farm

Lawless zones are said to be coming which is a useful tool, but should not be used in large swathes of the map to fix consensual pvpers in the wild from giving undeserved penalties to those who killed them in a consensual non-griefing way. Lawless zones should be restricted to small areas of the map where there is full awareness and consent given that they are going into a dangerous area; tepra crater, mino dungeon, risar dungeon, etc. If Lawless zones are implemented into large areas of the map, and not exclusively dangerous areas, it will be an unelegant contrived non-sandbox method.

Turning off shadows and "foliage", which was just ground grass and not plants that could be hidden in; jungle for example was all preserved, should be allowed. At the very least allowed momentarily as the game has not been optimized well enough to warrant forced settings.
No shadows is much more visually presentable than low-quality flickering shadows that make your game look like a vaporware cash grab.
Allow no shadows in options, and definitely lock ini file because game breaking changes can be made to it.

Community in a sandbox is the driving force of the content which is especially true for MO2's state now, the small community within the MO2 community that actually drives content is currently a house of cards and the game's future could turn ugly rather quickly if the next couple of months do not trend positively.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Game ran like gargage before the ini. Shadows off and grass off made the game some what playable. Game still didnt run well after the ini but was playable.

Have to play the game on lower resolutions to get frames that wont hold you back and to stop the frame stutters

Also lighting is absolutely horrible in this game and migrane inducing. With the ini you the game looked better and ran better. The hour I player before quiting, just really pissed me off and upset me. Game looks like trash, stutters, gives migranes, grass looks bad, shadows look fake and stutter, and when you have to play on low resolutions the game look pixelated. Had to turn on nighttime mode to get the games lighting to somewhat playable

With the ini I had a smooth, low texture, polished looking experience with no annoying lighting that harmed gameplay. It hurt no on and no one knew that any one had a ini untill someone streamed and all these people who already quit complained about it. In stead of banning hackers you went after people fixing your game and making it playable. The game is not playable but you dont care.

I just dont fucking understand why you wont let people turn off shadows, grass, and have lower textures to force everyone to play a "cinematic" slideshow at lower resolutions. This game is the first game many people actually set the resolution below their monitors native. Some people are playing 720p with 2018 GPUs on their 2k monitor. Utter disrespect for your players and lack of touch.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Its crazy reading people actually messed with the ini files. SV really doesn't punish anyone for anything. I think thats their biggest issue to be honest. Even more so than the issues brought up in this thread. Lots of people have quit because of countless exploits that go unpunished. Also keeps being built in a couple days without being able to siege is such a fucking joke.

In MO1 you needed Advanced Engineering to even place a keep. That required building multiple houses and building bridges. That alone would have given much more time.

Its just a mess. I'm not surprised though. I will continue to play of course, but SV really hasn't learned from their past mistakes.

This game, like every other mmo, is do whatever it takes to get ahead...including exploiting, cheating, duping, etc.

MMO's kinda suck. You're either competing against P2W players or exploiters. Nobody is just playing to have a good time.

foe

Oct 26, 2021
Its crazy reading people actually messed with the ini files. SV really doesn't punish anyone for anything. I think thats their biggest issue to be honest. Even more so than the issues brought up in this thread. Lots of people have quit because of countless exploits that go unpunished. Also keeps being built in a couple days without being able to siege is such a fucking joke.

MMO's kinda suck. You're either competing against P2W players or exploiters. Nobody is just playing to have a good time.

I do think SV doesn't put their foot down for exploiters as well, but as for simply turning off shadows and ground grass that shouldn't really be punished. It gave a 1% game advantage. A lot of the time they put themselves in an unfavorable position.

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
I do think SV doesn't put their foot down for exploiters as well, but as for simply turning off shadows and ground grass that shouldn't really be punished. It gave a 1% game advantage. A lot of the time they put themselves in an unfavorable position.

I disagree. It clearly states that it is forbidden to modify ini files. People openly admit to modify ini files here, which should result in a clear ban. Also i think people gained a huge advantage pvp wise doing that.

In MO1 you needed Advanced Engineering to even place a keep. That required building multiple houses and building bridges. That alone would have given much more time.

Its just a mess. I'm not surprised though. I will continue to play of course, but SV really hasn't learned from their past mistakes.

This game, like every other mmo, is do whatever it takes to get ahead...including exploiting, cheating, duping, etc.

Totally agree on the building part. Basically people who abused broken systems before they got fixed got keeps without any counterplay.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
I disagree. It clearly states that it is forbidden to modify ini files. People openly admit to modify ini files here, which should result in a clear ban. Also i think people gained a huge advantage pvp wise doing that.
Agreed the advantage to higher FPS is huge in action games were animations speeds are affected by FPS. Just look at BDO people intentionally down a mod for that game to make it look like a per alpha of old school runescape, they get 500+ FPS with this mod an can attack, move, an recover from CC effects far quicker than your average player with only 60 FPS.

foe

Oct 26, 2021

What huge pvp advantage did people get from this, everyone still gets shit performance in big fights.
This is a simple feature that should've already been implemented, people are not morally superior for having a high end pc and achieving the same outcome. MO2 released an unoptimized unfinished game that incentivizes players to make config changes to make it playable.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

Yeah cuz turning shadows and grass off is literally exploiting and cheating... Ban everyone with a good pc as well they are getting a huge pvp advantage, everyone should play with 30 fps to make it fair right? wen FPS normalization?

Maybe if SV gave us the option to remove shadows that is present in every fking game ever made, we wouldnt have to mess with the ini files.

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
What huge pvp advantage did people get from this, everyone still gets shit performance in big fights.
This is a simple feature that should've already been implemented, people are not morally superior for having a high end pc and achieving the same outcome. MO2 released an unoptimized unfinished game that incentivizes players to make config changes to make it playable.

You miss the point. Options to disable should have been implemented INGAME. You are trying to justify VIOLATIONS of RULES. And of course its a huge boost pvp wise if you cant see grass and shadows.

Yeah cuz turning shadows and grass off is literally exploiting and cheating... Ban everyone with a good pc as well they are getting a huge pvp advantage, everyone should play with 30 fps to make it fair right? wen FPS normalization?

Maybe if SV gave us the option to remove shadows that is present in every fking game ever made, we wouldnt have to mess with the ini files.

Yes it is, if you violate rules that state that modifying ini files is not allowed.

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
You miss the point. Options to disable should have been implemented INGAME. You are trying to justify VIOLATIONS of RULES. And of course its a huge boost pvp wise if you cant see grass and shadows.

Yes it is, if you violate rules that state that modifying ini files is not allowed.
It is a joke to tell people how to do it pre-release then make an official rule that it is bannable with pretty much no way to enforce, so they don't bother but don't worry they have plausible deniability about their support of .ini changes.

Anyway, locking the files is the right step if they don't want it happening, it's better to not give the ability then trust people to do the right thing, but again this is a change that should happen at the same time as a setting menu overhaul or with tons of in-game optimizations.

I understand they are strapped for man-power/time, they always are, but at least make these ToS changes, .ini lock changes hand in hand with a fix for the reason people do it, otherwise you are just making it harder for all people to get good performance on this game, at least with .ini changes allowed we had the option/choice to try and get better performance, now we have nothing.

oh well I guess I got to hear more bitching about lag/crash/fps drops until a setting menu overhaul happens.......

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Devs just want to force people to play with shadows on and grass on which just hinders the experience for lots of players. There will be no setting or menu updates as they want everyone to have the same sub par experience. Thats why the locked the FoV to 103 when you used to be able to have much higher.

The problem isnt the devs not having the time to put in better settings, they just dont want better settings. They take more time to make the game worse for people and to lock down the settings then doing something beneficial to the game

They think it adds game play elements to have shadows and grass which it does not. No one has ever hid in shadows outside of a few locations in dungeons which were still extremely dark with shadows turned off.

Devs are out of touch thinking that 30 FPS wont hinder the players ability to play a game and that 4k max settings at 50 FPS is more enjoyable to players then 240 FPS at 1080 min settings.

This game looks like trash and pixelated AF at 1080 on a 2k monitor btw. Cant even get a playable game be lowering the resolution.

• Haha
Reactions: druez

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This isn't about being morally superior. You're editing the fucking ini files lmao. Where does it end? You want a little more stam too? There is a program for that.

It doesn't have to be a "huge advantage". Any advantage you get from changing files is cheating. Regardless if you think the game should have the setting to turn off whatever your turning off.

This proves my point even more. All of you defending it. Same dudes that would turn off bushes, water, the sun in MO1 and say "hurrr its just to give me better performance there isn't any advantage from literally seeing the guy hiding in a bush"

Any other crutches we should know about?

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
This isn't about being morally superior. You're editing the fucking ini files lmao. Where does it end? You want a little more stam too? There is a program for that.

It doesn't have to be a "huge advantage". Any advantage you get from changing files is cheating. Regardless if you think the game should have the setting to turn off whatever your turning off.

This proves my point even more. All of you defending it. Same dudes that would turn off bushes, water, the sun in MO1 and say "hurrr its just to give me better performance there isn't any advantage from literally seeing the guy hiding in a bush"

Any other crutches we should know about?

Nooo, dont you dare target the precious spinning macros next! :eek:😂😂