Patch Notes 1.0.2.7 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I'm not a programmer, but I don't think it would take them that long to implement assassination.

As the code base is already there from the bounty hunting system, they probably just need to tweak a few things here and there to make it work.

Both bounty hunting and assassination are basically the opposite sides of the same coin.
Im looking at the road map and its not even on there but BH was. Just knowing SV its not that they cant fit it in, its that they hate PvPers and dont want to give us content or do anything that makes the game less worse for us.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
If a player quits the game because of being killed and losing his stuff, he should had never bought a game like this in the first place.

This thought is so wrong that it has been the doomfall of many cool games for decades.
All these " little helps" we give to players do kill the immersion of the game day by day...in the end, the game becomes boring.

Its history man, just think about games like Ultima Online, Darkfall Online, even MO1.... These games all died because of the same reason,..,
Devs trying to please carebears !

no u idiot uo still has MORE players than mo2

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
But this time I felt it was necessary to fight against this absurd patch

we use to feedback every bad patch but it never did anything, they dont care and they also dont understand the game they are developing because they dont play it.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

manure

May 7, 2022
no u idiot uo still has MORE players than mo2

I dare you to go to Britain bank in ANY UO server and see more people than you see at Meduli, or Tindrem or Fabernum bank.

Maybe people still pay for their account in UO because they cant stand losing their towers, keeps or castles... but for sure nobody plays that game anymore.

And I, for sure, would play UO today if there was no Trammel.... or if there was enough people playing on Siege Perilous.
Unfortunately, theres absolutely nobody.

Anyway, do not deviate from the subject :
Mortal Online 2 should NOT have guards in the wilderness, outside any town.
Period

manure

May 7, 2022
we use to feedback every bad patch but it never did anything, they dont care and they also dont understand the game they are developing because they dont play it.

I cannot accept guards out of towns without protesting, man...
I need to at least try to open their eyes

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Feedback doesnt matter, the testers tell them similar things to us and also get ignored.

manure

May 7, 2022
there should always have been a safe low risk low reward area to start out. its unfortunate its meduli.

You misunderstood a small little thing...

Medulis Graveyard is a ZERO risk HIGH reward area right now.
Infinite materials with absolute zero risk.
How nice, huh ?

Anyway, i agree with you when you say there should have a low risk low reward area to start... that is what Haven was supposed to be.
They switched things and made Meduli safer than Haven with a single terrible patch...

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You can farm resources in town which breaks the game and kills the need to go into the open world to farm. And its in meduli a very stacked town in a very good location already for resources. It really just further makes meduli OP.

Towns were plenty safe already and have been further getting locked down.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I like the general idea of the bounty system and a war system is been absolutely needed for some time. Their method of implementing both these things seems poorly conceived.

And absolutely agree that keeps shouldn't be getting things like refining ovens until the guilds that took them while most people couldn't log in, using bugged risar gold that was gone by the time most of us could log in, and have yet to have to defend them... is absolutely brain dead.

This is supposed to be a PvP game. Not a "who can beat the login boss and farm the most gold using bugged spawns to buy something they won't have to defend for 3 months and counting" game. Why are keeps getting ANYTHING right now? There are guilds holding keeps that have literally been driven from the region they took them with their tail between their legs. There are guilds holding keeps that are literally disbanded.

The fact keeps are getting any value at all while we can't siege them is a braindead move on SV's part.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Just logged in and bought another contract, he is 6600 meters away, closest ive gotten so far.
Preparing to go, buy birds. Ok im rdy send another bird out > target offline. waste of gold and now 1 hour cooldown. fun.

Should the reward atleast scale depending on how far the target initially is? its so not worth going after these 8k + bounty targets for this measly reward and the high risk of it being a complete waste of time
I think its insane you don't get proximity contracts that should be a very basic feature.

Reactions: Kaemik

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You do realize I PVP, but I dont say things like "if they quit because they lose their stuff they dont belong here anyway." That is some toxic shit right there. The difference between a toxic player and a non-toxic player is in that previous statement. A toxic player is going to say such and such doesnt belong here, or wont like it here because of x reason. Instead of trying to help them understand or help them grow. I have seen PVPers like Tatsuya who graveyard gank and camp towns, ignore noobs and even give them gear, he has stopped to talk to them and try and help them out.
Death is part of the game experience, you learn how to increase survival chances with experience. Sometimes death is more or less fair but part of the game nonetheless.

You can choose to help players but can't judge anyone for not having your moral compass, thats an individual choice and shouldn't be imposed even tho its greatly conditioned.
Quit that bullshit about graveyard noob killing and ask for better quality of content for noobs. Imagine calling someone toxic or psico for playing a game gtfo.
That cheap ass morality...

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
This patch was the biggest crap ever.

This healer clade gift thing was also terrible... people may even grief others by healing them only to "steal" points when someone clearly DOES NOT WANT to receive healings...

But, by far, the most terrible change was to add guards outside town.
Goes 100% against the core of the game. To hell with that.

Seriously... who EVER asked for guards outside town in this game ?

Why did they do it ???
Argh

Lots of important things to fix, or contents to add... and they decide to place GUARDS OUTTA TOWN ???
The clade heal "steal" is a non issue. Over healing doesn't count, so the only time they could "steal" xp is by actually healing you when you need it, which really wouldn't be stealing anymore. I've also tried the system when it came out, it doesnt work on things like bandits or undeads. It only seems to work for big mobs, like minotaurs, risar commanders(and above) and the bigger spiders+bosses.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Vaith

May 28, 2020
Why am i paying the NPC to do work for him?
I should atleast get my 5g back if successful bounty

manure

May 7, 2022
The clade heal "steal" is a non issue. Over healing doesn't count, so the only time they could "steal" xp is by actually healing you when you need it, which really wouldn't be stealing anymore. I've also tried the system when it came out, it doesnt work on things like bandits or undeads. It only seems to work for big mobs, like minotaurs, risar commanders(and above) and the bigger spiders+bosses.

Well, it might become an issue when I possibly DO NOT WANT to share the clade point with someone i dont even know when I am farming clades, even if I get redlined near death...

And worse.... theres nothing I will be able to do to stop them healing me without losing standing and gaining an undesired murder count.

This patch only brought untested content and illogical solutions, like Guards outside town limits, for example.

Totally crappy patch, worst ever

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Well, it might become an issue when I possibly DO NOT WANT to share the clade point with someone i dont even know when I am farming clades, even if I get redlined near death...

And worse.... theres nothing I will be able to do to stop them healing me without losing standing and gaining an undesired murder count.

This patch only brought untested content and illogical solutions, like Guards outside town limits, for example.

Still a total non-issue.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com

I understand your frustration. Stealing things from other players has been part of the game's vision ever since MO1.

Thievery allows a player to pilfer things (with severe risks and chance of failure) straight out of another's inventory. Once a mob's loot bag drops to the ground, anyone can take whatever they want.

Clade xp stealing through healing seems to be an extension of that part of the vision for the game. I didn't like the loot stealing back in MO1 (and now MO2), but after a while I just learned to live with it.

All of it seems to be designed to foster conflict and grievance between players.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I understand your frustration. Stealing things from other players has been part of the game's vision ever since MO1.

Thievery allows a player to pilfer things (with severe risks and chance of failure) straight out of another's inventory. Once a mob's loot bag drops to the ground, anyone can take whatever they want.

Clade xp stealing through healing seems to be an extension of that part of the vision for the game. I didn't like the loot stealing back in MO1 (and now MO2), but after a while I just learned to live with it.

All of it seems to be designed to foster conflict and grievance between players.
Way higher risk someone steals a more significant amount of clade through attacking your target than they would ever get from healing you.
Only way they'd get any is if your missing health from taking damage in the first place.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Way higher risk someone steals a more significant amount of clade through attacking your target than they would ever get from healing you.
Only way they'd get any is if your missing health from taking damage in the first place.
Yes, that would appear to be the case.

I'm somewhat neutral to this new mechanic of one player gaining clade xp from another through healing. To me it's no different to someone coming along and killing the mob I was fighting, or taking the loot afterwards. It's just another form of the same thing.

It's an entirely contextual thing from the player's perspective, since there is no party system yet (unless I'm mistaken) so there's no way for the game to distinguish one player's group status with another. The game just treats every player that deals damage to a mob or heals a player fighting a mob as though they are all from the same party.

I don't mind it really, I've more or less learned to live with it, but I know some will be put off by it.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yes, that would appear to be the case.

I'm somewhat neutral to this new mechanic of one player gaining clade xp from another through healing. To me it's no different to someone coming along and killing the mob I was fighting, or taking the loot afterwards. It's just another form of the same thing.

It's an entirely contextual thing from the player's perspective, since there is no party system yet (unless I'm mistaken) so there's no way for the game to distinguish one player's group status with another. The game just treats every player that deals damage to a mob or heals a player fighting a mob as though they are all from the same party.

I don't mind it really, I've more or less learned to live with it, but I know some will be put off by it.

It's some hit yourself in the head w/ a brick shit for SV, honestly. The HEAL POOL should be based off of how much you healed and how much total clade exp the mob is offering, and it should not be from the same pool as the 'attacker,' lol dudes should not be HEALING TO STEAL clade exp. Dudes add in all of these changes to make the game easier and they still want people griefing each other, even by something like HEALING. No, you want people to heal each other and then maybe team up and if someone comes to fight maybe fight together. You don't want it to be like BRUH STOP HEALING ME UR TAKIN MY CLADE.

lesigh. Like I said, no way can it continue! - salute -