Patch Notes 1.0.2.7 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

Vaith

May 28, 2020
1 MA kills any terror bird which also takes a long time to level

Vaith

May 28, 2020
Not when the owner is also a MA and kills your horse out from under you or you have to turn to avoid losing your horse while aiming at the terror bird.
if his owner is an MA he can only have low lvl horse. just 1-2 shot it.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
long stretch, but this is about abusing broken
poor excuse for abusing the lack of beast mastery that is supposed to be in game to keep the pets from being game breaking. most zerglings are blues as well.

this talk ends nowere I'm Bored 😳

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
1 MA kills any terror bird which also takes a long time to level

for some reason terror bird is a wrap on the ground. One of the positives of being an MA based game was that if you were OK on the ground, you were alright even if you got MA'd. 2 Ma v 1 Ma (going for dismount) is one of the worst disadvantages you can be at in this game IMO. Then what happens, you get pecked. I dunno why a terror bird is so hard to deal with, but it's definitely the solution to having to dismount. And I imagine all you'd need to do is tame it. All is fair in MO as proven, but that's one of the cheesiest things currently. lol. Funny, but cheesy af.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
But it just feels stupid to make the mechanic so you can re make it for reds when you could have just made it available to reds to kill other reds.
Yeah I know what you mean. I surmise that SV wants to give reds a separate 'evil' system that allows them to get rewarded for hunting blues who have killed 5+ reds. The complete opposite of bounty hunters who hunt only reds with 5+ mc.

Basically what some reds are already doing anyway, but instead of just getting the loot and possibly a mc, they get rewarded by the assassins guild. The equivalent of the Dark Brotherhood in The Elder Scrolls. To create pvp conflict between bounty hunters and assassins.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah I know what you mean. I surmise that SV wants to give reds a separate 'evil' system that allows them to get rewarded for hunting blues who have killed 5+ reds. The complete opposite of bounty hunters who hunt only reds with 5+ mc.

Basically what some reds are already doing anyway, but instead of just getting the loot and possibly a mc, they get rewarded by the assassins guild. The equivalent of the Dark Brotherhood in The Elder Scrolls. To create pvp conflict between bounty hunters and assassins.
What makes no sense tho is that it feels like the bounty system, and everything else they do, is to punish red play. So why would they ever make a system that makes it so reds can hunt and legally kill a blue, in town and not lose standing, if its similar to BH system, which seems to let you fight in town. And if you cant kill them in town (because being able to kill a blue in town guarded is retarded and goes against all other game designs), your target has a 50% chance to just be chilling in town and not attackable anyway.

So it would have just made so much more sense to let reds take BH contracts and fight other reds.

oldeurope

Sep 7, 2021
So maybe the "assasin" has to hide in the shadows out of the eyes of "the law" (guard) and attack in the right moment?

Like. an. Assasin. (!?)

So maybe sv are not the red player haters, im really interested in the incoming postings when the red "griefer-carebears" get the point that there will be also a spot for them, but with positiv effects for the community.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
What makes no sense tho is that it feels like the bounty system, and everything else they do, is to punish red play. So why would they ever make a system that makes it so reds can hunt and legally kill a blue, in town and not lose standing, if its similar to BH system, which seems to let you fight in town. And if you cant kill them in town (because being able to kill a blue in town guarded is retarded and goes against all other game designs), your target has a 50% chance to just be chilling in town and not attackable anyway.

So it would have just made so much more sense to let reds take BH contracts and fight other reds.
I think SV could simply add disguises and whatnot like what thievery had back in MO1, which will allow the assassin to enter blue guarded towns as a hidden red.

The assassin can then wait for the right moment to jump the blue target and only lose the hidden red flag once they turn in the bloodied assassination contract.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think SV could simply add disguises and whatnot like what thievery had back in MO1, which will allow the assassin to enter blue guarded towns as a hidden red.

The assassin can then wait for the right moment to jump the blue target and only lose the hidden red flag once they turn in the bloodied assassination contract.
That would be cool but SV wants it to be impossible to live outside towns.
For the assassination stuff I doubt that henrik will anytime soon add any content that benefits the reds which is pretty much the PvP player base of the game. I dont see them any time soon doing anything to keep pvpers from quiting. Seems likes they really really want to cull out alot of the games PvP base.

Bounty hunting was going to be all around PvP content to get PvPers to fight each other but it just looks like a way to cull red players out of the game by grieving them instead.

They should really just make bounty hunting both sides, no excuse for it. Assassination if it comes in which would probably in 5 years right after boats and dragons maybe then they would be ok to remove reds from bounty hunting.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Every patch is more more and more things that benefit zergs. Not a single anti zerg mechanic. Atleast the game has a clear direction now. Just hope they will be able to handle 500v200 player fights.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
That would be cool but SV wants it to be impossible to live outside towns.
For the assassination stuff I doubt that henrik will anytime soon add any content that benefits the reds which is pretty much the PvP player base of the game. I dont see them any time soon doing anything to keep pvpers from quiting. Seems likes they really really want to cull out alot of the games PvP base.

Bounty hunting was going to be all around PvP content to get PvPers to fight each other but it just looks like a way to cull red players out of the game by grieving them instead.

They should really just make bounty hunting both sides, no excuse for it. Assassination if it comes in which would probably in 5 years right after boats and dragons maybe then they would be ok to remove reds from bounty hunting.
I'm not a programmer, but I don't think it would take them that long to implement assassination.

As the code base is already there from the bounty hunting system, they probably just need to tweak a few things here and there to make it work.

Both bounty hunting and assassination are basically the opposite sides of the same coin.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
yeah dont see where he said he was killing people at graveyards. Devs absolutely following the trend of killing a game by catering to carebears. You want to tell me that Im some horrible pychopath for PvPing too? I dont live in towns I live in the GK area. A area that used to be lawless but now we have blue priest here that rep loss us for PvPing out in the wild. I dont want to go to a town but the game continually reinforces us to have to go to towns and capitals to buy things from the vendors.

Carebears are the toxic ones. You are here making up things about other people to legitimize the retribution you want NPCs to do upon your behalf. Just like you guys call other people pychopaths for PvPing.

You do realize I PVP, but I dont say things like "if they quit because they lose their stuff they dont belong here anyway." That is some toxic shit right there. The difference between a toxic player and a non-toxic player is in that previous statement. A toxic player is going to say such and such doesnt belong here, or wont like it here because of x reason. Instead of trying to help them understand or help them grow. I have seen PVPers like Tatsuya who graveyard gank and camp towns, ignore noobs and even give them gear, he has stopped to talk to them and try and help them out.

ashshfsjhkdkk

Mar 21, 2022
Give some info why please. The more data the better.

There seems to be a lack of understanding of what to prioritize, slow process overall and a continuation of implementation of half baked mechanics, along with SV no longer communicating openly.

BH system straight up doesn't work - you essentially have to roll a bounty that is close to even have a chance.

People have actively said they were logging out or sitting in their houses to mitigate the bounty system.

The new guards added players have admitted to just cheesing / farming them for hundreds of gold per hour.

How can they not fix core game play mechanics and ignore blatant needed changes while chasing the shiny new things they seem to think will bring new people in.

Most of the players who were interested in this game bought it already - but because the core is broken stopped playing - adding a new model for player loot isn't going to bring people back.

The armor pop in issue seems like it will never be fixed.
They haven't fixed the weapon switching or made it apparent on the menu bar which weapon is selected.
There are no gamma / brightness controls

There are serious balance issues and a lack of viable various play styles that don't support min / max

You can't craft arrows, or bandages

Player towns (If we want to build a town to try to fix the supposed issues that we've been told with the queue times which is node overload), doesn't make sense because the crusher and other items are only place-able for 30 mins.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
So maybe the "assasin" has to hide in the shadows out of the eyes of "the law" (guard) and attack in the right moment?

Like. an. Assasin. (!?)

So maybe sv are not the red player haters, im really interested in the incoming postings when the red "griefer-carebears" get the point that there will be also a spot for them, but with positiv effects for the community.
Objection...speculation.

manure

May 7, 2022
Most disappointing was the healer clade gift thing which does not work in any way whatsoever and thats a major dissappointment .

This patch was the biggest crap ever.

This healer clade gift thing was also terrible... people may even grief others by healing them only to "steal" points when someone clearly DOES NOT WANT to receive healings...

But, by far, the most terrible change was to add guards outside town.
Goes 100% against the core of the game. To hell with that.

Seriously... who EVER asked for guards outside town in this game ?

Why did they do it ???
Argh

Lots of important things to fix, or contents to add... and they decide to place GUARDS OUTTA TOWN ???