Patch Notes 1.0.2.7 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Thanks for releasing the patch (a whopper at that!) on a weekend. Love ya SV! :love:

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3207136576669870325

Added
  • Added Bounty hunter system.
  • Added Coraxi Facilitator to all cities. (Bounty Contractor)
  • Added Coraxi Birdkeeper to all cities.
  • Added new decoration items for houses to the Decoration Vendor.
  • Added new decoration items for houses as loot from containers and Humanoid AI.
  • Added Refining Oven Workbench for keeps that can be bought at the Keep Vendors.
  • Added a new /loot command that allows you to loot the nearest loot bag that is in close proximity to your character’s feet. The command is intentionally slightly slower than looting things manually.
  • Declare war / Request ally added to guild diplomacy, anyone can declare war on guilds that are harboring more than one murderer. War Declarations have a cost to start and a cost to surrender. Alliances have a cost to start for both parties. Allied guilds will not be dragged into wars.
  • Added Legendary visual decoration for melee weapons.
  • Added an item used for crafting Legendary Weapons, this item can be found as loot in containers and dropped by NPCs.
  • Added the Deserter status. Leaving a guild that is at war will block the joining of new guilds for 48 hours.
  • Added patrolling guards just outside Meduli.

Changes
  • Guard command can no longer spawn lictors
  • Increased the CladeXP from parcels.
  • Healers will now receive clade gift experience when helping others.
  • If you heal someone, the person you healed will remember your assistance for a minute. During this minute, anything they hit will be made aware of your healing contribution. The timer resets every time you heal someone and the contribution amount is cumulative, provided that the timer does not run out. In which case the healed player will no longer remember your contribution.
  • When an AI character is killed, all damage dealers and healers involved will receive clade gift experience proportional to their contribution. Same as the previous system, except now healers are taken into account as well when experience is being shared.
  • AI will now remember all involved damage dealers and healers until it either leashes or enters an idle state. (Previously there was a 10 minute timer)
  • When you enter the correct password to a house, the door will now open immediately.
  • Enabled War Combatant debuff. After attacking a player you are at war with, you will receive this debuff for 5 minutes. If a guard spots you while this debuff is active, you will be attacked and lose standing.
  • You will only get the War Combatant debuff when hitting a target you’re at war with if they are not a criminal, and if you are not dueling.
  • When you help a player/pets with beneficial effects(healing,purify etc) you will now
    turn local grey to any players/pets who have recently assaulted them.
  • You will also turn local grey to any players/pets who they have recently assaulted.
  • When you first engage a war target, it will count as assault and any third party will now turn local grey to the opposite side when healing etc.
  • Bound items can no longer be mailed.
  • Massive performance optimizations have been done on the server.
  • Information regarding bans from communication channels are now more clearly presented to players.
  • Non-humanoid AI now drops lootable carcasses instead of Lootbags.
  • Interactions are now canceled if you target something that is not the thing you were trying to use.
  • Guild Names are no longer case sensitive when you create a new guild.
  • Tasks now give all rewards, removing the chance mechanic when gaining standing when delivering tasks & bounty contracts.
  • Toxai Task Vendor now gives Khurite Allied Tribes standing.

Fixes
  • Fixed issue where a player that stopped blocking and returned to their idle animation pose would not play their animation properly. This happened because the animation was stopped with a blend instead of being reversed. This sometimes caused blocking animations to get weird blends, like getting small hitches.
  • Fixed broker UI remaining open on death.
  • Healing a target fighting a war will now turn you local grey to the targets they are fighting.
  • Fixed a house chest crash.
  • Hopefully fixed the issue with the lost upkeep tab on houses.
  • Fixed rare node crash.
  • Spirit boxes should no longer float in the air when dropped.
  • Fishing bait can no longer be brought to Myrland when you leave Haven.
  • Horses now display the dissolve effect on death.
  • Fixed issue with nearest priest not working as intended.
  • Fixed issue that could desync house decorations meaning they got removed on your client but not on others.
  • Fixed bad tooltips for passwords.
  • Fixed contractor stables preventing small and medium house upgrades.
  • Fixed some typos.
  • Fixed issue where you could shoot through doors on small and medium houses.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I feel like FIXING THE GAME and ADDING CONTENT/FLESHING should be a big part. They should add at least a few things that deepen the game each patch.

Tweaking systems or adding systems is not that. Those are basically rule sets whether you want to think they are or not.

The fact you need to loot that legendary wep item IS TRASH. Should be either rando or like a refining/extraction/mining pop.

The only really good thing is that they increased clade, and I assume that they did it to at least 50! Otherwise rip. Also rip at the whole healer remembrance system. Sounds needlessly complex. They are so tied to actually making mobs be the only clade exp that they can't let people get clade for HEALING people hurt by mobs depending on what mob it is. heh. If someone wants to stand and tank a mob while they get healed for clade exp I guess that should be an option for a healer. I mean, that's about on the same level as raw farming, don't you think?

Conclusion... still no buds... still... nah.

manure

May 7, 2022
Guys, seriously...
I decided to test the new guards patrolling around Meduli...

I went inside the Graveyard, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GRAVEYARD, and shot a random blue horse.... I was instantaneously guard whacked and lost standing !

Now, how lame is that ? They simply made the whole Graveyard a safe area !! Its completely OUTSIDE TOWN, and yet, it is guarded by Tindremic guards !!

Why do we need to have HAVEN these days ? The whole place around Meduli is safe area.... Even OUTSIDE town.

Thats not why I bought this game., I thought there would be no safe areas outside towns once we left Haven.

Please Dev, re-think... Is it really your intention to create SAFE AREAS outside Town limits ??

Thats by far the world patch released. Guards outside town... I wonder who had this brilliant idea to implement on a hardcore game... :{

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Guys, seriously...

I went inside the Graveyard, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GRAVEYARD, and shot a random blue horse.... I was instantaneously guard whacked and lost standing !

Now, how lame is that ? They simply made the whole Graveyard a safe area !! Its completely OUTSIDE TOWN, and yet, it is guarded by Tindremic guards !!

Why do we need to have HAVEN these days ? The whole place around Meduli is safe area.... Even OUTSIDE town.

Thats not why I bought this game., I thought there would be no safe areas outside towns once we left Haven.

Please Dev, re-think... Is it really your intention to create SAFE AREAS outside Town limits ??

Thats by far the world patch released. Guards outside town... I wonder who had this brilliant idea to implement on a hardcore game... :{

did you made a new account just to tell us that?
are you the one who talk alone in forum pots with multiple accounts? is it fun for you?

manure

May 7, 2022
I dont usually post on the forums, just used to read but never posted anything. But this time I felt it was necessary to fight against this absurd patch and I created the forum account to be able to express my frustration to the Devs. Whats the problem ?

Dont you agree that areas OUTSIDE towns should not be guarded ?
That is the point...

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I dont usually post on the forums, just used to read but never posted anything. But this time I felt it was necessary to fight against this absurd patch and I created the forum account to be able to express my frustration to the Devs. Whats the problem ?

Dont you agree that areas OUTSIDE towns should not be guarded ?
That is the point...

ur such a cry baby about this
the change is good and I will tell you my point of view why, this is a feature to keep new players in game, more players means more players to play with and the community keeps growing
me you and all the players that play for a while even if we die and lose all and have 0 gold zero items in bank we know how to get back on our feet

an new player when he comes out of Heaven goes to the graveyard and get killed by a random and lose all he has and then the quit button if very handy and never comes back to the game, now with this mecanic is very handy to make new players more safe to adjust to the full loot pvp

you tell me that playing for a while and u still stay in graveyard? I am so new to the game that you can count my days online and even i know that graveyard is for 1st few days ingame, I suggest go out into the vast world 🤣

Good luck,

PS: When i played EVE and killed new players, I always sent them gold even more gold so they keep on playing

manure

May 7, 2022
an new player when he comes out of Heaven goes to the graveyard and get killed by a random and lose all he has and then the quit button if very handy and never comes back to the game, now with this mecanic is very handy to make new players more safe to adjust to the full loot pvp

PS: When i played EVE and killed new players, I always sent them gold even more gold so they keep on playing

If a player quits the game because of being killed and losing his stuff, he should had never bought a game like this in the first place.

This thought is so wrong that it has been the doomfall of many cool games for decades.
All these " little helps" we give to players do kill the immersion of the game day by day...in the end, the game becomes boring.

Its history man, just think about games like Ultima Online, Darkfall Online, even MO1.... These games all died because of the same reason,..,
Devs trying to please carebears !

Now think again with me... There is ABSOLUTELY no risk at all outside town, inside the Graveyard.
You can do tons of gold qwith absolute NO RISK at all.

Whats the point in having Haven ? Whats the point in bringing no more than 3 GOLD from Haven to mainland ? Now you can do 4657834298 gold inside a guarded area at the mainland !! With zero risk !

Why not adding a BANK and VENDORS inside the Graveyard as well ??? How about that ?

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
If a player quits the game because of being killed and losing his stuff, he should had never bought a game like this in the first place.
wrong when you like a game, you can learn and adjust

past is the past get over it or cry me a river 🤣

keep killing, I'll just keep colecting bounties :devilish:

Reactions: Armegeddon

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Guys, seriously...

Most likely the guards have been lured further out through some means. Saw the same thing down in the Tindrem sewers the other day, one lictor standing at the staircase near where the first scoundrels spawn, and an elite guard in one of the tunnels.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

manure

May 7, 2022
Most likely the guards have been lured further out through some means. Saw the same thing down in the Tindrem sewers the other day, one lictor standing at the staircase near where the first scoundrels spawn, and an elite guard in one of the tunnels.
No man.. not lured at all.
Its the patch that did it...
This horrible patch added several guards patrolling around Meduli... The range of the guarded area is beyond Graveyard... it reaches player houses.
Its pathetic.

Go there and see for yourself !
Its not ONE guard patrolling...its like tens of them.

Try going gray INSIDE the Graveyard.... You lose standing and get guard whacked instantaneously.
They created a safe area outside town limits !

Medulis Graveyard is safer than Haven... and you may farm there in peace forever. Dont even bother bringing those 3 Gold from Haven. You may do 3 million gold inside the new guarded area.
Splendid !

They forgot to add bank, vendor and stable inside the Graveyard though :{{

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
This horrible patch added several guards patrolling around Meduli... The range of the guarded area is beyond Graveyard... it reaches player houses.
Its pathetic.

Try going gray INSIDE the Graveyard.... You lose standing and get guard whacked instantaneously.

Medulis Graveyard is safer than Haven... and you may farm there in peace forever. Dont even bother bringing those 3 Gold from Haven. You may do 3 million gold inside the new guarded area.
Splendid !

Pretty sure SV will scale it back later on if they feel the guard range is too far.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Soujo

May 7, 2022
Its pathetic.

Splendid !

Lets hope they do it at the other towns too , not only Meduli , noobs need to progres . The map is huge and sooner or later all players must go beyond GYs .

Reactions: Turd and EZgold

manure

May 7, 2022
Lets hope they do it at the other towns too , not only Meduli , noobs need to progres . The map is huge and sooner or later all players must go beyond GYs .

Brother... Please dont say that.
Let noobs progress in Haven.
Mainland is supposed to be hardcore.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae
Apr 25, 2022
Guys, seriously...

Either you make a haven/trammel world or none of it in my opinion - we all can see that they are trying to find some middle ground in between full loot pvp and no loot full pve!
Disgusting to behold.

ANG doesnt like, ever has and will never stand for Haven Hipster Millenial Oversensitive Carebearing Garylike Treehugging Planteating Nonsense like that since ´97

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its average patch looking at the notes. I dont see any worse changes to the game like they usually have but what they did add is pretty idiotic content.

Like only refining for keeps which people have been waiting and asking for months. Im sure everyone who was begging for refining tables for months and patiently waiting had a keep. Kinda a dick move to the community, waiting on that huge quality of life improvement was some peoples thread for still playing.

BH shows names of the target. If people get the name of a guild leaders or other notorious individual they are not going to go through with the contract, they will instead keep that character safe and then use it as a way to track guild leaders. Or they would just send alts to kill that player so they can not lose the contract and keep tying to grief them. I know If most people got a Kuthara contract they would just sit on it and abuse it.
No surprise that once again they ignored the advice and concerns of the player base that told them exactly how we are going to abuse it.

So far the people I hear trying to do the BH are just alts of the red players. So I dont understand why they would not just let their mains also do the contract. Same person doing the same thing. The no red player allowed to bounty hunt is pretty bull, the one thing that players were waiting for and you told most of your community that was actually wanting to do it that they cant out of spite.

Hopefully healing clade exp works well. That is a good thing. Over all this patch was not terrible but not special because they wasted dev time on a punishment system for red players instead of developing more content that would keep players in the game.

Wondering why more RPers and PvErs are not joining the game and staying ven though you continually make being a red player worse and worse. Its because you need to make RPing and PvE have worth while content, its not the PvPers fault that the RPers and PvPers are not playing the game. All you are doing is pushing out one player group and giving not other group a reason to come and play.