Nerfing new Myrland Instances is a slap in the face to players

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I find it pretty redundant to use MO1 as an example given the fact that was 10+ years ago with a much arguably less experienced team making it on technology that couldn't even properly see to fulfilling the massive idea that is MO.

There was much more to the MO1 launch then user error.

The difference here is that they've had all this time to prepare, and were given copious amounts of feedback time and time again and flat out ignored it.

You can try and compare the two but they aren't even remotely in the same league at all.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I see some improvment now with the alts, you can login fast and I experienced a 20 to 60 minutes queue in the main. As SV already said this Is no the solution. For sure we Need bigger buildings like banks, veredari broker, etc.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I see some improvment now with the alts, you can login fast and I experienced a 20 to 60 minutes queue in the main. As SV already said this Is no the solution. For sure we Need bigger buildings like banks, veredari broker, etc.

20-60m Q to main is worth it for being able to use brokers, etc, imo. If this game only ever had 20-60m to main, it would have never had a failed launch haha.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Do you Imagine all the alts players togheter in the main ? 🤯

I switch, it's a bit annoying, but not too bad. Teaches you how to manage your time/effort effectively to minimize switching.

Edit: the only people it's annoying for is forum nubs ahaha.

Piet

May 28, 2020
On the other side of things if it wasn't nerfed people wouldn't fight just avoid people on other alt servers and farm the hell out of shit uncontested.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
PvP players are not strangers to exploits, and many share and abuse them as much as they can. As the saying goes in PvP games - when it comes to exploits hit hard and strike fast

I agree with your first statement but what PvP player have to do with it... seriously lol.

D

Deleted member 44

I'm just happy I can play. Instances has made me realize we really do need just one server. Hopefully SV will decide to instance cities, or dungeons, or other small areas that can be hosted on their own server outside of Nave.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
On the other side of things if it wasn't nerfed people wouldn't fight just avoid people on other alt servers and farm the hell out of shit uncontested.

Sure. And once we can play on the mainland without queues that makes a lot of sense. The reason we have these servers is because if we don't there will be 24-hour+ queues to get into the game again. SV shouldn't penalize people for being a part of the solution.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
What nerfs? You can farm on the alts basically uninterrupted. The people playing now with the alt servers will have a massive advantage over people who join after they close them.

They already stated the alts would have brokers asap so just chill on your stacks until they do.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm just happy I can play. Instances has made me realize we really do need just one server. Hopefully SV will decide to instance cities, or dungeons, or other small areas that can be hosted on their own server outside of Nave.

I dunno what people are doing on the instances... or why (but they obviously are playing on them, guys I know are, too. I'd probably be better off on them hmmm)... but I haven't been on them yet. I've been comfortable q-ing in even at about 600. I can go afk or something. Nothing like the old queues. If they could just increase capacity A LITTLE BIT, they'd be fine with one server cuz people are kind of dropping out already.

The only thing is they need to fix pvp cuz it really is overpopulated :p

Piet

May 28, 2020
Sure. And once we can play on the mainland without queues that makes a lot of sense. The reason we have these servers is because if we don't there will be 24-hour+ queues to get into the game again. SV shouldn't penalize people for being a part of the solution.
ehh without the change the economy would be nuked. I could easily farm uber rare shit unlimited because of the servers.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

also double quote, but I do think dungeons should be instanced. There should be true instanced dungeons that are hard and pve. It doesn't make up for the fact that people can camp outside, but nothing ruins actual dungeon immersion than some asshole aggroing all the mobs at once. That's the one thing I always wanted in MO1, and everyone was AGHAST at the suggestion. Not EVERYTHING has to be pvp. If you really design a hard dungeon, you can't have other dudes than who you bring w/ you lol. How they'd get the people in there without party tho... I guess it'd just be like everyone standing in front of the door after 20 sec will enter the dungeon. lol someone could dungeonbomb you.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I love that we are not allowed to bring pets into boss rooms but we can bring 50 people. But yeah I think it would be smart to do something like the boss room locks after a certain number of people enter until they or the boss is dead. No need to instance the entire dungeon but "throw more bodies at it" shouldn't be the solution for all boss fights.

aarvex

Jan 18, 2022
ehh without the change the economy would be nuked. I could easily farm uber rare shit unlimited because of the servers.

The economy was already ruined because only like 2k people were able to play and farm those rare resources relatively uncontested because most of the games population hasn't been in .

The game was never made to support this amount of people in its current state obviously it's fucking empty as all hell.

We received an alpha game, when the free month starts / ends so will a large segment of this community. They're going to want to start it ASAP, but they probably need another 6 months of development to even have the game playable so we'll see lol

Piet

May 28, 2020
The economy was already ruined because only like 2k people were able to play and farm those rare resources relatively uncontested because most of the games population hasn't been in .

The game was never made to support this amount of people in its current state obviously it's fucking empty as all hell.

We received an alpha game, when the free month starts / ends so will a large segment of this community. They're going to want to start it ASAP, but they probably need another 6 months of development to even have the game playable so we'll see lol
Na everywhere I go there's people. It's full af even with the multiple shards.

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
I've been in the MoKi for the better part of release and it seems busy at all hours on the Main and in 3 (where I spend most of my time). Even in the "wilds" outside of town, its not uncommon to come across another player or players farming or traveling.

Reactions: Raknor and Piet

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Around town only. if u go a bit more far its empty.

depends on if you're on main. There are people, but yea it's not poppin'. I usually play in the morning while I have a coffee and I can get in. I like those less than 100Qs. Still there are people around. If there's something there, people will also be there. But the sheer amount of places there is nothing makes for places no one goes.

Edit: and I won't be mad if a bunch of people quit. I won't even be mad at the massive advantage people have. I'm taking things suuuper slow, don't even have my guild tag up. I'm letting books read. lol. I see no reason to push hard atm. Just chillin around and having fun for now.

Reactions: Raknor