Nerfing new Myrland Instances is a slap in the face to players

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
Told you guys, you needed to be in a big Swedish guild and be Thursar. Everyone else get back to the end of the line. I haven't bothered trying to login for a week, they killed my interest in their game.

Nazrael

Feb 10, 2022
Sadly they went into the pool with a cup and needed a bucket, They have been unprepared for the mass number of players that want a skilled MMO. Multiple server would clear your player base and allow for players to enjoy the game. However in the long run with dwindling player base, many servers become a problem. EverQuest, AQ , Daoc, WOW, all suffered from the same thing. I do believe a single server is the best idea. However from what I have seen they can not handle 1/4 of the queue despite advertising the servers are capable of handling thousands of players. Multiple servers is best for now, however land grabbing, and resource farming being turned off just isn't fair. Yes i understand in the long run server merging would happen.

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
Certainly not an ideal situation. Not sure its even going to solve things.

Players aren't going to be thrilled feeling like they are forced to play the handicapped instances or sit in a queue.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Told you guys, you needed to be in a big Swedish guild and be Thursar. Everyone else get back to the end of the line. I haven't bothered trying to login for a week, they killed my interest in their game.
I'm in a big Swedish guild, still haven't seen the front of the myrland queue yet.
Also don't see me complaining about launch issues, its like i've been at worse launches or something...

Helps that my entire life doesn't revolve around complaining about a game that I probably don't even have the mental maturity of playing anyway.

Certainly not an ideal situation. Not sure its even going to solve things.

Players aren't going to be thrilled feeling like they are forced to play the handicapped instances or sit in a queue.
Nah, they are just being cautious, really big guilds will be able to use the alternative instances to farm the shit out of valuable resources otherwise.
They'll most likely keep an eye on things and tune things accordingly.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Nah, they are just being cautious, really big guilds will be able to use the alternative instances to farm the shit out of valuable resources otherwise.
They'll most likely keep an eye on things and tune things accordingly.

could have easily made it so you can't move mats to the main instance. They could have moved the mats in the end when they either turn it into a continent or decide to build outward from there. There is a sliver of light that some of the minions will break off and make the queue 2 hrs less, but in the end, this is going to be a bunch of geared Main players tearing up people in fullgrain rofl. gfg. You should have to start anew if you go to the instances and you should not be able to bring things back to main. It's hard to imagine why they decided to allow this other than for the 1000ish people on top of the queue that sometimes can get in and other times can't, so they can go farm hard in the instances then bring 'em back. It's almost like it's not for the ones of us who haven't played since the first day.

The problem w/ you saying you have been in worse launches... which is semi-hard to believe... is they probably had larger scale problems as well as there wasn't as much damage being done with each passing day. This is going to do more damage to the main Myrland instance, further increase the wealth gap. Like you said, they have to adjust it for these full spec, full geared dudes coming in and out, it's like the 2 clade zombies in haven, because people trafficked gold in the beginning. If it's gonna be a problem, don't let people do it. This is just another opportunity for that. Shitttttt.

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020

You say that as if their current plan won't allow that.

Thats exactly what is going to happen

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
You say that as if their current plan won't allow that.

Thats exactly what is going to happen
Well they are limiting it aren't they?

Just because they are game developers doesn't make them all knowing beings with the power and knowledge to find perfect solutions to everything. The fact that thats the standards you want to put on a game dev kind of only makes one thing clear. Maybe you should go outside and play and let people that don't live their entire life based on their emotions play the game in peace?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I agree, lets go back to having long queues until they can solve the issue in a different way.

See ya'll in a month.

So the alternative of something well made is nothing at all? Half made broken ass shit vs nothing. Btw, the nerfing of rarity drops and disabling certain features on mirror servers is SV's choise, not something "they can't make it work". This arbitrary stupid thing wanting to preserve the ideal of one unified server when they let the same people stay in the server for 15 days, theres absolutly no logic on having multiple servers when 1 is better than the others.
Your argument is, "it's better than nothing". Nice boot licking skills dude, your tongue is probably brown.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Also don't see me complaining about launch issues, its like i've been at worse launches or something...

Name it. Name the worse launch. And if you say "New World" we're all going to point and laugh at you.

I have NEVER been completely locked out of ANY game for more than 24 hours after launch as an indie MMO enthusiast. Until now. Including New World, I played it every single day after release and got in every single day. But even other indie games aren't this bad. Maybe the game itself is worse sometimes, but I've never seen a launch so mishandled as MO2. Not even CLOSE.

Locked out for two weeks? And that's among numerous other issues like the bugged risars most of us will never have access to. I believe this actually is the worst MMO launch in the history of the genre. I don't say that as hyperbole. I honestly believe there has never been another MMO launch handled more poorly.

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Name it. Name the worse launch. And if you say "New World" we're all going to point and laugh at you.

I have NEVER been completely locked out of ANY game for more than 24 hours after launch as an indie MMO enthusiast. Until now. Including New World, I played it every single day after release and got in every single day. But even other indie games aren't this bad. Maybe the game itself is worse sometimes, but I've never seen a launch so mishandled as MO2. Not even CLOSE.

Locked out for two weeks? And that's among numerous other issues like the bugged risars most of us will never have access to. I believe this actually is the worst MMO launch in the history of the genre. I don't say that as hyperbole. I honestly believe there has never been another MMO launch handled more poorly.
Mortal Online 1

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

Yeah I'm glad we can finally play, idk why they didn't just have extra mirror lands as a backup system. Seemed like they basically were just praying it worked without a way to kick afk players, an actual queue system, or backup plans at all. I've played nearly every new major mmo in the last two years and this was by far the worst launch. I remember I used to get mad at games having hour long queue times for the first few days, but having 16 hour queue times for two weeks has given me a new perspective

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae