Fish encyclopedia

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
fishing depth is misleading because its only half of the equation. you also need the depth of the body of water which is tricky and hard to keep consistant. even with (what i think are at least) identical throws i can reduce my fishing depth by a few hundred cm and randomly hit the bottom. blood kua is probably similar to black whiskerfish in that the bottom has to be sufficiently deep and then you can catch them at pretty much any depth

-barcode

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
blood kua is probably similar to black whiskerfish in that the bottom has to be sufficiently deep and then you can catch them at pretty much any depth

-barcode

Not trying to say the opposite but you can catch black whisker at 150cm at a 300 cm spot. I do not know about blood kua, though I do agree usually there has to be depth bellow the target depth for many fish.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
I don't have 100 fishing yet and sometimes i get fishes so big that they snap my strong line even if i hold for a second. It's just "the fish that will ruin your day no matter what" or having 100 fishing will help? Skill description says it doesn't help with snapping but i don't get how to "fight" fishes so big that they just snap your line no matter what. Any tips or insight?

Also, i have a pretty big spreadsheet i made during my years of MO1 with annotations about baits, depths and hook sizes. Is most of MO1 stuff still valid or i have to test everything again?

Last edited:

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
@Herius I know you read these forums. The fish strength change should be reverted, it's done nothing but turn players away from Fishing. It damages the fun of hooking large fish and is causing some of us, like me, physical pain from hand cramps from how long it takes to reel them in now because of the extremely punishing window where it can break your line.

Please return some of the fun and relaxation to fishing.

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
@Herius I know you read these forums. The fish strength change should be reverted, it's done nothing but turn players away from Fishing. It damages the fun of hooking large fish and is causing some of us, like me, physical pain from hand cramps from how long it takes to reel them in now because of the extremely punishing window where it can break your line.

Please return some of the fun and relaxation to fishing.
i highly recommend to use a key instead of lmb for longer fishing sessions so u dont stress your right hand all the time.

Reactions: Runaljod

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
for anyone trying to catch kelp dragons here's some of my own data:

There's a lot of posts on the internet saying Ruber (10g vendorable gem) is the appropriate bait for kelp dragon.

I've tried rubers with each hooksize (+strong line) at depths around 300cm with no luck. Rubers are able to catch Herbues/Trudis/Canna with varying hook sizes at varying depths between 100 - 500. (note: i did not try all hook sizes at all depths in this range, but I did try all hook sizes at at least 1 depth in this range)

make of that information what you will

Here's the event from Mortal Online 1 where Henrik says Kelp Dragons like valuable items and "not too deep depths". (Ruber is the highest sell value gem, i.e. a "valueable item")

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Well, i remember clearly that was publicly known how to catch Kelp Dragon, Hayasa posted the setup to catch it on the old fish encyclopedia and lots of people (me included) learned how to catch it from that post. It's surprisingly not that hard to get it, you just need to spend more than usual for baits

Reactions: Balvrikk

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
Well, i remember clearly that was publicly known how to catch Kelp Dragon, Hayasa posted the setup to catch it on the old fish encyclopedia and lots of people (me included) learned how to catch it from that post. It's surprisingly not that hard to get it, you just need to spend more than usual for baits
here's the old thread. I wasn't able to find it there

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
here's the old thread. I wasn't able to find it there

Don't know how it is possible but this is not the right one. The last post is from 2015 than the topic got locked. I wrote on that post on 2017 about Belrim and some fishes it had so i'm pretty sure something is wrong here.
If i remember correctly there was a security breach few years ago that basically got the forum destroyed, maybe we lost part of this post on this event?

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
Don't know how it is possible but this is not the right one. The last post is from 2015 than the topic got locked. I wrote on that post on 2017 about Belrim and some fishes it had so i'm pretty sure something is wrong here.
If i remember correctly there was a security breach few years ago that basically got the forum destroyed, maybe we lost part of this post on this event?
🤷‍♂️

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Fishing SUCKS, FIX IT Starvault!!!

Takes way too long to pull in a fish,it’s not fun on a psychological nor a physical level.

Catching large fish so much harder, then stack on top of that the jungle camp strong fish line and hooks, and it’s just insulting. STOP BEING AHOLES AND PUT THE STRONG LINE LARGE HOOKS IN Toxai and Meduli

Catch size for size 5 too small, yet another unnecessary nerf.

Too much junk fish catching even at depth, specialty baits not exclusive enough, lead to too much junk fish.

Its as if someone who hated fishing made this system.

Reactions: Caroen

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
One last thing: I bet fishers are the only people in the game afflicted by the AFK warning mechanism. It’s not enough to be engaged with fishing, you also have to dance in place every other minute. Threats of going AFK as your struggling to pull in that fish, it’s stupid.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
One last thing: I bet fishers are the only people in the game afflicted by the AFK warning mechanism. It’s not enough to be engaged with fishing, you also have to dance in place every other minute. Threats of going AFK as your struggling to pull in that fish, it’s stupid.
After getting the afk warning you have about 1-5 m before you will be kicked. Even at the lowest you should have time to reel in and then move. But it is very annoying having a constantly move

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
I agree, having the treat of the afk timer while fishing is pretty stupid and annoying. Pretty sure it will get eventually fixed.
I know Favonius will hate me but shit, i'm having fun with fishing right now. Last time i snapped the line was during my learning days of MO1 and i... i snapped again! :LOL:
Fuck yeah, i'm learning again how to avoid it so i will probably stop snapping for the next two years or so but i'm having fun right now.
Sorry for everyone getting crazy on this right now, i feel bad for you and i hope it will get better soon.