Fish encyclopedia

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I had to stop fishing for those because it took me forever to reel them or broke my lines, are you having more success on not breaking the line? for how long do you usually reel them?
fishing might be more palatable to you if you try short-casting more. The further you cast the longer you reel. Now you cant catch anything super rare with this initially but it should teach you something. Go to the edge of the water, put the depth on 50 and cast right next to you. If you get a bite and its not doubling over your pole with a large fish, just hold and reel it in.

CaptainEmbers

Jan 26, 2022
Is the size of the creature you pull up just pretty random or (besides hook size) is there a way to somewhat consistently get bigger catches? been trying to fish up some crustacean carapace but the Gutta i get are usually around or less than 100 units. not sure if i should be casting further out or not if that affects it

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Is the size of the creature you pull up just pretty random or (besides hook size) is there a way to somewhat consistently get bigger catches? been trying to fish up some crustacean carapace but the Gutta i get are usually around or less than 100 units. not sure if i should be casting further out or not if that affects it
Hook size doesn't change the size of the fish but it does allow for you to actually hook the fish types that are big such as silk ray and giant gutta. Also if you're using the right bait with the right depth I believe you get a higher average weight. I don't know a good bait for gutta because it used to be so easy to get that every bait was good

CaptainEmbers

Jan 26, 2022
Hook size doesn't change the size of the fish but it does allow for you to actually hook the fish types that are big such as silk ray and giant gutta. Also if you're using the right bait with the right depth I believe you get a higher average weight. I don't know a good bait for gutta because it used to be so easy to get that every bait was good
gotchyaaa that makes sense, thanks!

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
How patient should I be when trying a new bait/depth etc after the nerf? Like should I be casting 3/5/10 times (or more?) before changing something?

Had a good mess around last night with the basic hooks (.2/1/5) and various baits and caught nothing interesting

Mumrik

May 28, 2020
How patient should I be when trying a new bait/depth etc after the nerf? Like should I be casting 3/5/10 times (or more?) before changing something?

Had a good mess around last night with the basic hooks (.2/1/5) and various baits and caught nothing interesting

Seems random. Tried some new baits last night. First throw i caught red squilla, and never managed to catch another one using the same setup.

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
Seems random. Tried some new baits last night. First throw i caught red squilla, and never managed to catch another one using the same setup.
Could be time of day / weather dependent as that can change quite quickly?

It's just hard to judge how long I should be trying a specific combo for (and how many Canna to catch) before deciding to try something else

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Could be time of day / weather dependent as that can change quite quickly?

It's just hard to judge how long I should be trying a specific combo for (and how many Canna to catch) before deciding to try something else
I do about 25 catches now before changing. But even then there are set ups that were good before nerf that now can take more then the 25. Seems very rng though I'm not gonna lie. You can catch what you want 2 back to back then get nothing for an hour

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
I do about 25 catches now before changing. But even then there are set ups that were good before nerf that now can take more then the 25. Seems very rng though I'm not gonna lie. You can catch what you want 2 back to back then get nothing for an hour

I Usually change the depth 25cm up or down within the range i know works for the fish between catches and try to move the target line around 10 feet away from previous location if posible, doing that while targeting whiskerfish as an example nets me overall 20% more yields than constantly using the same spot and depth, but that may be be just a lucky or unlucky streak and my confirmation bias, i need further testing to prove my theory.

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
25 catches without changing something is a lot if you are casting right out with a 10m+ depth!! That's hours and hours

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
Definitely finding it a bit demoralising when trying to cast far out with 15m+ bait depth. Spend several minutes (should probably time it but it's a long time) reeling something in to find it's a 2kg Canna or Herb

After doing that 10 times in a row clinging on to the hope that the RnG gods send you something good is the only thing to keep you going. Not great

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Master Baiters Fishing Store

WTS
33 Different Types of Fish
All Fish Scales (Leptoid, Placoid, Ganoid, Panzar)
All Fish Meats
Alchemy Grab Bags (Includes all fish carcass, meats and items butchered from them to test in alchemy)

DM @Cddizzym#8635, Balvrikk#8011 or xeric#5884 for more information.

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
Here's where I've been able to fish bloodkua:
Sausage lake west side
depth: 500-1800
hook: 100
bait: silver coin
Any time of day and all weather conditions

Dremlock

Dec 15, 2021
Can you get like 1/10 fish to be Blood Kua?
i'd say its like 1/5 or so are bloodkua at those specifications so long as you are outside of turtle depth. if you're in turtle depth, then bite chance is shared with turtles. otherwise it's mainly canna and kua. this morning i caught 4 kua in a row. it's a fairly small data set with a pretty significant amount of kua.

of note:
I didn't have luck at depths of 1100-1500.

depths of 500-900 are solid and depths of 1600-2200 also seem to work, but seems weird to me that they wouldn't be in between so I just listed the whole range. Depth of 700 had the highest yield for me, hence the depth I recommended.

Reactions: Angelo