Fish encyclopedia

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Black Whiskerfish Was stealth-nerfed yet again. It's now completely garbage to farm especially now that I can't stop breaking lines fishing them up. I don't understand this new strength crap they have changed. It almost feels RNG at this point whether a large fish will break your line or not.

There is now also an animation when right clicking during a large fish struggle and it now correctly shows the line being pulled out like was guessed.

If you had fish from before this stealth nerf its raw sell value is worth more than the butchered value so just sell it. Any fish caught now will give you more gold value after butchering.

Last edited:

xeric

Dec 30, 2021
At the moment it looks like fishing is completely broken, their attempt of balancing fishing has just been the equivalent of beating it with a bat until it stops moving. Really sad to see fishing in this state. I don't have a problem with the sell values being changed, but any fish over about 25 kg now just instantly breaks lines even with maxed fishing and it's regardless of the mini game. The moment you see that rod fold onto itself.. it's gg you're going to lose the line.. RIP Fishing

Reactions: Caroen and Braxtin

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
At the moment it looks like fishing is completely broken, their attempt of balancing fishing has just been the equivalent of beating it with a bat until it stops moving. Really sad to see fishing in this state. I don't have a problem with the sell values being changed, but any fish over about 25 kg now just instantly breaks lines even with maxed fishing and it's regardless of the mini game. The moment you see that rod fold onto itself.. it's gg you're going to lose the line.. RIP Fishing

You can fish them with a lot of patience, it takes 8-15 minutes per catch if you don't want to break your line, but its not worth to fish with the big hooks right now either way, 15 minutes reeling a fish to get the money you could have gotten on a graveyard in 1 minute, without the need of all the invested knowledge into the system

xeric

Dec 30, 2021
You can fish them with a lot of patience, it takes 8-15 minutes per catch if you don't want to break your line, but its not worth to fish with the big hooks right now either way, 15 minutes reeling a fish to get the money you could have gotten on a graveyard in 1 minute, without the need of all the invested knowledge into the system
JohnOldman please explain? I'm lost in this one. no matter what you do in the mini games it breaks. and i fish a hell of allot..

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
JohnOldman please explain? I'm lost in this one. no matter what you do in the mini games it breaks. and i fish a hell of allot..
you need to hold right click for years, some minutes afterwards the fish do start losing strength and you can reel a bit in between pulls, it takes forever.

xeric

Dec 30, 2021
you need to hold right click for years, some minutes afterwards the fish do start losing strength and you can reel a bit in between pulls, it takes forever.
naa dude the line just breaks.. that only works on the smaller ones. sigh

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Yeah i don't understand whats going on anymore. I can hold right click during all the struggles but it breaks only a few seconds after the fish bites even though im only right clicking.

Mumrik

May 28, 2020
Yeah i don't understand whats going on anymore. I can hold right click during all the struggles but it breaks only a few seconds after the fish bites even though im only right clicking.

There is a bug when u hook the fish with rightclick, and keep holding it. When u rightclick to hook it, and hold that click, the line reels in and breaks if the fish is heavy. U can see the line on your reel grow as the fish struggles when doing this on smaller bites. This is why i Always hook with Lmb, and quickly switch to Rmb once the fish is hooked. I reported this bug during beta.

Reactions: Fisher(Sath)

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
whats ur stats? str dex etc
I doubt character stats matter.

There is a bug when u hook the fish with rightclick, and keep holding it. When u rightclick to hook it, and hold that click, the line reels in and breaks if the fish is heavy. U can see the line on your reel grow as the fish struggles when doing this on smaller bites. This is why i Always hook with Lmb, and quickly switch to Rmb once the fish is hooked. I reported this bug during beta.
I find it odd that people use the right mouse button to set the hook. Have always used the left so I'll be reeling in immediatelyimmediately

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
whats ur stats? str dex etc
Just to say it so all the cards are on the table, I have 94 str, 115 dex, 98 con, 20 int, 70 psy.

I find it odd that people use the right mouse button to set the hook. Have always used the left so I'll be reeling in immediately

I just thought it more convenient tbh. But I will test out and post my results once later. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Balvrikk

johnnyomm55

Mar 28, 2021
i thought everyone did it like that lmao ty bro

Reactions: Balvrikk

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Quick question for anyone. Have you unlocked Chondrichthyes lore under Pisces? It is the lore for sand/silk rays. I have not unlocked it with 75 Pisces and a few stacks of rays butchered. Also have a guild mate that has 100 Pisces without it unlock. Wondering if it's bugged weather not showing you having the skill or maybe not even needing the skill the game is just going off of pisces to calculate butchery yields

wateradded

Dec 18, 2021
Quick question for anyone. Have you unlocked Chondrichthyes lore under Pisces? It is the lore for sand/silk rays. I have not unlocked it with 75 Pisces and a few stacks of rays butchered. Also have a guild mate that has 100 Pisces without it unlock. Wondering if it's bugged weather not showing you having the skill or maybe not even needing the skill the game is just going off of pisces to calculate butchery yields

I think i have butchered 10+ stacks or rays by now, sand and silk combined. And i dont Chondrichtyes unlocked, but i noticed that when i butcher them Osteichtyes and Perciformes go up. So i guess those are used instead.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I think i have butchered 10+ stacks or rays by now, sand and silk combined. And i dont Chondrichtyes unlocked, but i noticed that when i butcher them Osteichtyes and Perciformes go up. So i guess those are used instead.
Yeah I figured they just went off of another skill instead. Thanks for the help on that

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire

Exactly! This is what I’m always getting at, they’ve nerfed the fishing system so completely in so many different ways due to their macro fears that its not worth bothering with. Hopefully some day they’ll fix it, but I’m sure there’s an endless list of other programming needs. They killed fishing.