Fish encyclopedia

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Yep, my income got cut by half yet again, at this point its getting dangerously close to be equal income as brainlessly kill and butcher zombies in a graveyard on a horse, kind of sad. Lets hope i get to find some use to the fishes i know how to catch outside of selling their meat to the vendor.

Black Creft
Black Whiskerfish
Blood Kua
Blue Sorex
Blue Squirt
Boarfish
Brown Clam
Brown Nurook
Calxfish
Canna
Cristula
Giant Gutta
Gutta
Hammer Creft
Herbeus
Laake
Labrum
Lesser Thalassa Snake
Moon Cup
Red Squilla
Sand Ray
Silk Ray
Skull Kua
Snapping Turtle
Trudis
Ventriosus
Water Scorpion

If anyone is willing to share with me any use for them outside their sell value to vendors or is willing to buy them for me at a set value let me know.

Kthulu

Jan 14, 2022
All fish prices worth anything were cut in half again.
Henrik you are literally making me want to dump fishing entirely...
Why are we so focused on nerfing fishing? We spent WEEKS of OUR TIME finding these values for catching fish and every patch is another NERF. You literally said the launch nerf would be the lowest you wanted fishing and you would work from there. NOT nerfing anything and everything you get from these fish into oblivion with each patch because a select few of us know how to make good money. I don't see how these changes make it fair to us in anyway. It takes people way less time to make money than we do since the LAUNCH. What should of been changed from the beginning was VENDOR PRICES. Butchering fish just like carcass should be HOW YOU MAKE MONEY. /rant

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
All fish prices worth anything were cut in half again.
Henrik you are literally making me want to dump fishing entirely...
Why are we so focused on nerfing fishing? We spent WEEKS of OUR TIME finding these values for catching fish and every patch is another NERF. You literally said the launch nerf would be the lowest you wanted fishing and you would work from there. NOT nerfing anything and everything you get from these fish into oblivion with each patch because a select few of us know how to make good money. I don't see how these changes make it fair to us in anyway. It takes people way less time to make money than we do since the LAUNCH. What should of been changed from the beginning was VENDOR PRICES. Butchering fish just like carcass should be HOW YOU MAKE MONEY. /rant
Yeah the big thing should be the fish need to be butchered for there to be a decent value. Which I suppose it kind of is because most fish double in value when butchered. I am honestly not sure on how fishing should be balanced anymore. You can still make decent money even after prices have been halved and even catch chances being nerfed. I do like the strength increase, though there still is low risk of snapping your line I feel. I could understand why they don't want you to catch one fish specifically every cast but it is fun that way . So a balance towards lowering values but increasing catch chances for specific fish and their bait would be fine with me. I also think the biggest problem is how good fishing was when it started. It's hard to take something good and bring it down and not have people complain or have problems with it. If it released at the state that it is right now and then maybe brought up a little bit there would be a lot less negativity towards fishing.

Last edited:

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
Last night I has a fish bite that exceeded the strength of anything else I've ever seen. The rod was so bent that it made a loop, my strong line snapped immediately so I have no clue what it was. Anyone else have a similar bite?

Reactions: neksudm

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Last night I has a fish bite that exceeded the strength of anything else I've ever seen. The rod was so bent that it made a loop, my strong line snapped immediately so I have no clue what it was. Anyone else have a similar bite?
Hmm they did just increase the strength for a few fishes and like gutta even a 250 unit one brought the pole down to what I call a plus 4 which is really f****** bent. But so do the rays and whisker fish now. I did have a fish that would instant snap my line but I was also fully casted out so I am not sure if it pulled line out and exceeded my line length and in return snapped the line.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
Hmm they did just increase the strength for a few fishes and like gutta even a 250 unit one brought the pole down to what I call a plus 4 which is really f****** bent. But so do the rays and whisker fish now. I did have a fish that would instant snap my line but I was also fully casted out so I am not sure if it pulled line out and exceeded my line length and in return snapped the line.
This was a lvl 10 bending, the pole curled into itself nearly making a circle. Was just a 50 hook with herb at 200.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
This was a lvl 10 bending, the pole curled into itself nearly making a circle. Was just a 50 hook with herb at 200.
It it was during the magic hour then was a whisker but could have been a giant gutta as well

Kthulu

Jan 14, 2022
It it was during the magic hour then was a whisker but could have been a giant gutta as well
I feel the only reason for this change is so you can no longer tell its the fish your going for.
I have Boarfish coming in at 3kg weighing my line down more than silk ray at 14kg its nonsense.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022

Yours was probably a near 30kilos black Whiskerfish

i went to my usual spot where i can usually catch a 30 to 40 kilos silk ray per daily cycle on average and the same thing happened to me twice, i broke 2 lines doing everything as usual. so my guess is that they overshot pull strength on big catches last patch and now they break strong lines by default, no way in hell you can reel that shit for two minutes when the line breaks in 15 seconds doing everything right.

For the record i had not lost a single fishing line since release so i know how to do the minigame while reeling the fish back.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
We will see how it goes in the future. The minimum gold over time has increase but the maximum gold over time has decreased.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
@Herius The "increased strength on some fishes" was excessive. After timing it, the amount of time it takes to safely reel in a 20kg-40kg fish without it snapping your line is about 12 minutes. This is with leveled Fishing skill. I do not feel like this rewards players for investing in the skill and to be quite honest it's very bad for people's health. Maybe I am just getting old but holding down the mouse buttons for almost a quarter of an hour is too much, people's hands should not hurt from trying to catch a fish.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I have to agree. For now it's a hobby until we can work out fishing again because of the many changes and server issues. But if you want to. But if you want go to the fishing vendor and buy the pole, medium line, 5 hook and get some compact horn from razerbacks and fish in the 500-800 range and tap left click to cast. Tap then hold left click hold to reel in. When the fish pulls hold right click till it's done pulling

Reactions: Chaines

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Can anyone give me a reliable setup for catching laakes? These aren't super valuable I just wanna try some crafting with the leptoid scales. It's mostly the bait that im having a hard time pinning down.