Fish encyclopedia

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
If you are trying to get lores up in zoology(Pisces) cooking seems to be a a lot faster. Maybe 2x the XP as butchering, but you don't get anything to sell if cooked. Butchering then cooking meat did not seem to give much extra. As well as you probably shouldn't do it with fish that give scales.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaines

johnnyomm55

Mar 28, 2021
btw anyone have the discord link for fishermen that someone posted earlier in the thread? the link was expired =\

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
Fishing feels really bad in this game now after the multiple nerfs what advantage foes fishing give vs other professions?

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
probably turtles and stuff that people dont reveal
Except you can just farm snapping turtles for quicker easier gains. Same with crabs Feels bad i had to drop fishing bc it was just to much of a waste of time vs what you got out of it.

johnnyomm55

Mar 28, 2021
Except you can just farm snapping turtles for quicker easier gains. Same with crabs Feels bad i had to drop fishing bc it was just to much of a waste of time vs what you got out of it.
Actually I enjoy fishing with 20 skill versus my 100 skill I haven't tried silk rays on the 20skill yet though

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Actually I enjoy fishing with 20 skill versus my 100 skill I haven't tried silk rays on the 20skill yet though
From what I remember skill only affects bite chance and not the fish you will get. And reel in time. I suppose I could try fishing on my Alt with 0 fishing and and see if it different. I know for a fact though the skill affect bite chance

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Black Whiskerfish Was stealth-nerfed yet again. It's now completely garbage to farm especially now that I can't stop breaking lines fishing them up. I don't understand this new strength crap they have changed. It almost feels RNG at this point whether a large fish will break your line or not.

There is now also an animation when right clicking during a large fish struggle and it now correctly shows the line being pulled out like was guessed.

If you had fish from before this stealth nerf its raw sell value is worth more than the butchered value so just sell it. Any fish caught now will give you more gold value after butchering.
So what fish are people farming now?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Sators. Fishing's a joke atm.

Seriously though, There are probably some people that have found crazy little op fishing combos/spots that make them tons of gold but in general fishing does not feel rewarding to explore or do.
That's been my thoughts as well. How unfortunate.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
tephra only in tephra crater.... blast furnace only in gk... honestly the minor limitation to fishing is pretty tame by comparison since you only need to bring your monies to the jungle camp once and you'll have enough hooks and line for the rest of your days

and again as stated earlier, fishing (and indeed any resource generation (mining/woodcutting/extraction/butchery)) should be about acquisition of materials and not vendor trash for coin.

give fish guts more use, make players *want* fish parts more than they do now and you can then sell fish bits on the broker rather than to the vendor. lobby sv for a change to make fish more desirable and i'll back you 100%

also grats on another nerf to fish meat prices

-barcode
fish parts should be a bigger part of alchemy and food. At the moment only calx fish is widely used.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Sorry if this is a foolish or redundant question -

Could someone tell me if I am able to catch Laake fish at Fabernum GY pond, or the pond near the backdrop? If so - which baits?

I want to get some shiny robes going to make my lootbag prettier.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Sorry if this is a foolish or redundant question -

Could someone tell me if I am able to catch Laake fish at Fabernum GY pond, or the pond near the backdrop? If so - which baits?

I want to get some shiny robes going to make my lootbag prettier.
Laaka can be found almost anywhere from fresh to salt water. Just have to get deep enough or get by chance at lower depths. Use the 5 hook at shoot for 1000+cm

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
So what fish are people farming now?
silks and Sands are decent money. There are a few fish that their values weren't changed and if you can get them then they could be good money. And kelp dragons price was reduces by half like many others