Fish encyclopedia

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
so from the small bit of gameplay ive gotten since I couldnt get in for a few days, the strength increase paired with the value reductions really kicked us in the nono place. I would be perfectly fine with this if we could purchase the larger hooks from more than one place but no, we gotta wade through the circle jerk of reds that dont care about rep and think its fun to sit in JC for hours attacking anything thats blue.

Reactions: Favonius Cornelius

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
so from the small bit of gameplay ive gotten since I couldnt get in for a few days, the strength increase paired with the value reductions really kicked us in the nono place. I would be perfectly fine with this if we could purchase the larger hooks from more than one place but no, we gotta wade through the circle jerk of reds that dont care about rep and think its fun to sit in JC for hours attacking anything thats blue.
Better this than hordes of blue players injecting stupid amounts of money free of any risk in meduli destroying the economy.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Better this than hordes of blue players injecting stupid amounts of money free of any risk in meduli destroying the economy.
Well here's a crazy idea how about they change what you catch in the safety of meduli instead of flipping the entire board we call fishing? I agree that its stupid players can fish up sand/silk/turtles/whiskers right in meduli. However they have the tools to select fishing pools for location based fishing. They could very easily change the fishing pool surrounding meduli so that you only catch little stuff within its "safety".

Reactions: C3ncio and Angelo

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I understand that Meduli is tightly right in the beach making it safer for sure but you can catch most of not all the same fish on any ocean. So the whole edge of the map. There are plenty of "safe" areas to fish but does mean you have to travel. I have been mage banged and also pushed into the water while in meduli because you are in a population hot spot. It is still pretty dang safe though. One fix would be depth you can reach in that area.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I understand that Meduli is tightly right in the beach making it safer for sure but you can catch most of not all the same fish on any ocean. So the whole edge of the map. There are plenty of "safe" areas to fish but does mean you have to travel. I have been mage banged and also pushed into the water while in meduli because you are in a population hot spot. It is still pretty dang safe though. One fix would be depth you can reach in that area.
unless you have a reason not to you should be fishing on your horse. They can't push you in then.

johnnyomm55

Mar 28, 2021
Yours was probably a near 30kilos black Whiskerfish

i went to my usual spot where i can usually catch a 30 to 40 kilos silk ray per daily cycle on average and the same thing happened to me twice, i broke 2 lines doing everything as usual. so my guess is that they overshot pull strength on big catches last patch and now they break strong lines by default, no way in hell you can reel that shit for two minutes when the line breaks in 15 seconds doing everything right.

For the record i had not lost a single fishing line since release so i know how to do the minigame while reeling the fish back.
Is there a mechanical difference between right clicking to pull versus not doing nothing and letting the line run? Maybe letting it run helps on those stronger fish?

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Is there a mechanical difference between right clicking to pull versus not doing nothing and letting the line run? Maybe letting it run helps on those stronger fish?
In my experience unless you get a good spot for shorter casting the line will break if you hit the end, so if you are full casting for deep-sea fishing the line will break instantly if you let it run.

Reactions: Balvrikk

Rub

Feb 9, 2022
Is there a place for fish records?

Attachments

• sdfgsdfgsdfg.png
    sdfgsdfgsdfg.png
    933.6 KB · Views: 70

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Is there a place for fish records?

The best thing you can do is to build your own Excel template or join a guild that shares fishing data, people have invested hundreds of hours into fishing research, i doubt many of them would share data for free to random people willingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hakan

Jan 28, 2022
turkıye
Im at fabernaum and i dont know where to get the bigger hooks . Can you help me pls . I got the hooks from vendor in town

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Im at fabernaum and i dont know where to get the bigger hooks . Can you help me pls . I got the hooks from vendor in town

The fishing vendors you can find in cities can only sell the basic hooks and lines, if you want more advanced fishing gear you will have to venture to Jungle Camp, located on the south east section of the continent there you will find a vendor specialized on advanced fishing. If you aren't in the mood for expeditions your only other option is to check your local Auction House.

Attachments

• Snap 2022-02-10 112027.jpg
    Snap 2022-02-10 112027.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Balvrikk

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I said it once, I’ll say it again: putting fishing gear in Jungle camp is incredibly lame and most people will avoid fishing on top of the added limitations. No other profession gets screwed with quite like this. It’s just prejudice.

You can make so much more money by camping PvE locations and butchery. People are scarred from the macro fishing in MO1 but I don’t see how you could macro the current system. It’s all or nothing with SV and it’s take on fishing as well as many other aspects of this game.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
I said it once, I’ll say it again: putting fishing gear in Jungle camp is incredibly lame and most people will avoid fishing on top of the added limitations. No other profession gets screwed with quite like this. It’s just prejudice.
tephra only in tephra crater.... blast furnace only in gk... honestly the minor limitation to fishing is pretty tame by comparison since you only need to bring your monies to the jungle camp once and you'll have enough hooks and line for the rest of your days

and again as stated earlier, fishing (and indeed any resource generation (mining/woodcutting/extraction/butchery)) should be about acquisition of materials and not vendor trash for coin.

give fish guts more use, make players *want* fish parts more than they do now and you can then sell fish bits on the broker rather than to the vendor. lobby sv for a change to make fish more desirable and i'll back you 100%

also grats on another nerf to fish meat prices

-barcode

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Its just me or have they nerfed butchering yields yet again, i was getting 1g 90 something sivler per herbeus stack, after patch im getting 1g 54silver i also think canna also gave me a lower amount... Maybe im just tripping after so many days unable to play?

Last edited:

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
Yours was probably a near 30kilos black Whiskerfish

i went to my usual spot where i can usually catch a 30 to 40 kilos silk ray per daily cycle on average and the same thing happened to me twice, i broke 2 lines doing everything as usual. so my guess is that they overshot pull strength on big catches last patch and now they break strong lines by default, no way in hell you can reel that shit for two minutes when the line breaks in 15 seconds doing everything right.

For the record i had not lost a single fishing line since release so i know how to do the minigame while reeling the fish back.

whats a good bait and time for whiskerfish and silkrays?

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Its just me or have they nerfed butchering yields yet again, i was getting 1g 90 something sivler per herbeus stack, after patch im getting 1g 54silver i also think canna also gave me a lower amount... Maybe im just tripping after so many days unable to play?
Do you have max skill and lore?