Why your PvP Enthusiast stop playing and wont come back

Apr 11, 2021
Tzone we don't agree on much but you do make some good points, there is ways to counter everything but we went up against a squad that had 3 mages in it my combat log was thunder,thunder corrupt, full, flamstrike, dead. There was literally nothing I could do about it. The only thing that sv needs to do is being able to have some kinda magic def crafted into the armors nothing crazy just something to help alittle to survive till you get heals. As for mounts I know as a ff I have to go out with a bow for ma, a dismount weapon for mc, and my main weapons its about being prepared.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Tzone we don't agree on much but you do make some good points, there is ways to counter everything but we went up against a squad that had 3 mages in it my combat log was thunder,thunder corrupt, full, flamstrike, dead. There was literally nothing I could do about it. The only thing that sv needs to do is being able to have some kinda magic def crafted into the armors nothing crazy just something to help alittle to survive till you get heals. As for mounts I know as a ff I have to go out with a bow for ma, a dismount weapon for mc, and my main weapons its about being prepared.
Magic needs a rework in general. Its not very enjoyable to play but it really good. I think the counter should be more mechanical then gear or stat based.

Plenty of good mages like the idea of speeding up magic, since more apm means more is going on. I got that idea from those mages. Spead up magic also mean better jump cast so its also a mage buff in survavability. Outburst may hit for 13 but you would be able to jump cast to hit fleeing players while keeping up.

Doesnt really mean that magic isnt uncounterable but certain issues are far less frustrating while the class gets more entertaining. Its a win win.

Some players do want to craft magic resistant armor but the issue is mages damage isnt based on gear teirs like the rest of the game. It would be unfair to load up on gear defenses with out allowing mages to counter with their own gear. It also becomes more rock paper scissors instead of skill based.

At least some mats would be wanted more, it could work not as a counter but as way to make up for some clades low magic defense. I dont want to see it just make a mage in general do worse

Tzone

May 16, 2021
asking for a foot mage nerf is pretty outlandish.

I can see as bit of an argument for alpha strike.

pets need to just do reduced dmg in pvp.

mounted needs better physics, be down geared on hit and basically just work like they did in life is feudal
I dont think I really asked for a nerf in this just a rework of mage abd then maybe pyche later on.

The big pet deffinatly need damage reduction I dont feel that henriks version of making them require skill will have a desired outcome.

Mounted is the hardest to say it needs x y or z right now as they are rapidly changing it. We just should look for providing counters to most playstyle.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Psy is very strong, way stronger than it was in mo1.

Magic is op? go 1v1 a warrior.

Mage is support. If mages were so strong they would be heavily popular and instead we see that out of all of my and every guild we train with I am the only mage the rest have a little magic but mostly warrior as humans because you can rest and mana regen full power even with heavy armor, now that should be nerfed.

Piet

May 28, 2020
also it's beta who cares who quits for now. PVPers are quitting cause there's no reason it'll all by wiped when there's TC and game is released it'll be a different story.

Reactions: Rolufe

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Pyche also needs a rework to not be RNG based, and to be wanted. Simply halving magic damage reduction of a minor ammount would do wodners for pyche. Also remove RNG resist, not one really feels its good to not take damage due to RNG.

This has been mentioned numerous times across threads talking about Psyche...it already gives flat magic damage reduction. In further testing with 100psyche I found that:
  • You are more likely to resist certain spells the higher your Psyche difference between the skill range of the spell. Therefore you can get to a point where you almost always resist certain spells e.g. outburst (10-25 skill range) at 100 psyche is around 7/10 times resisted etc.
  • At 100psyche you get around 40% flat magic reduction. This is before resists. 40% is massive. At 50 Psyche its around 20% - still massive.
  • Resists HALVE the damage taken AFTER the initial psyche damage reduction.
Psyche is valuable. The real issue is everyone claiming mages are OP while running 10 psyche in their min max str, con, height builds.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The thing that always bothered me about MO and other games is it seems a lot of people, like day 1 pvpers, don't really understand what would balance the game pvp wise but they say they do because all they do is pvp. Unfort, experience is good, but if you look at it only as a fighter thru the lens of your build then you are gonna be biased as hell.

Yes, Alot of the people that came into the game from first stress test and are very PvP competitive players seemed to raged out at the same time. I came a lil after them and not am pretty frustrated with the direction I seen. I have one friend who looks at every patch notes and feels like the game gets less fun each time. I kinda feel the same way. They devs add great content but then make one change here or there that just makes you wonder why did they do this. We of course give it time to test it for sure like with the counter reduction. We didnt think we would like it but we do like it now. From what Im seeing the competitive side of this game is not really looking forward to the future on MO2. They dont like to use forums or go to discord so I really am trying help the game be good for them.

As for MMO's being 1v1 balanced based you can look at BDO. BDO has the best PvP combat, just ruined by greed. In BDO you still had the ability to defeat people who serverly outgeared you with skill. Every class is both 1v1 viable and gvg viable. Classes would have their strengths in one over the other but generally it was down to who was better with their class instead of rock paper scissors. Its hard to balance like this, and thats why devs takes the easyier way out of RPS balancing.
I can also point towards Planetside 2 but thats a FPS RPG MMO. As a slasher there are many 1v1 focus'd ones out there with competitive communities that would spend a lot of time in a properly balanced.

With I was reeeing for which playstyle I main'd I would be asking for archery buffs. I instead gave my feedback on the direction I would like to see along with the current issue and am waiting for the devs to determine when they should start working on fletching.

Reactions: Bicorps

Tzone

May 16, 2021
also it's beta who cares who quits for now. PVPers are quitting cause there's no reason it'll all by wiped when there's TC and game is released it'll be a different story.
What Im seeing being said is "NW is not that great but at least there is not pets or mounted..."
Its not that people are quiting temporarily waiting for content. These guys been playing for a while and don't want to play anymore due to the direction of the game. Not the lack of content.
As more of the people that dont want to play due to bad balance there is less content and now more people started not playing because lack of content.

People are loosing hope in the future of the game right now. I saw what people like draco was saying in the past now. You start out as super optimistic and then you start experiencing the borkeness that doesn't get fixed or gets worse each patch.

Im saying all of this for the game and the playerbase. Theres other games I can play, I would enjoy a competitive OW PvP game with no cashshop but I can go back to planetside 2 or play single player games.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
yo if I can chuck a javelin and knock someone off a mount, I'm gonna be dying laughing. Crossbow I dunno how I feel about because it's just another bow, but I was thinking while I ran daggers it'd be nice to be able to chuck a dagger for that last hit or in certain circumstances.

Just the mental image of someone getting skewed w/ a jav and falling off a horse is too classic.

The reason 1v1 isn't balanced imo... other than the fact that, as said, mages are support mostly... is because so much is terrain dependent. If you only hang out where you shine, you will have good odds 1v1. If you venture into other territory, you take a disadvantage, again... normal stuff.

The thing that always bothered me about MO and other games is it seems a lot of people, like day 1 pvpers, don't really understand what would balance the game pvp wise but they say they do because all they do is pvp. Unfort, experience is good, but if you look at it only as a fighter thru the lens of your build then you are gonna be biased as hell.

I played a lot of MC in the first game and plan to build one in MO2 aswell. I always played a Hybrid between a mounted Worrior and a Footfighter and this was the most fun. Dealing some damage from the mount till it die and then continiue to fight on Foot like a man.
That makes a lot more fun than letting your team down when the horse is low HP and healing it up far away from the battle, that might be over till you return.
I have never shown consideration for my horse. When it died, I never really cared. Then I continued to fight on foot. I've never used a max LVl horse either.

maxresdefault.jpg

If the horses are not that strong, the costs for MC are not so high, if the animals level faster and at the same time you can be dismounted more easily and over range, much more people would build a Hybrid between a MC and a Footfighter. A Javelin throw could balance the MC vs the MA and MM and the Footfighter vs the MA/MC/MM. I think people forget how strong MC was. Especially if they run arround with an Oghnium Weapon or so.

Even dismounted MC´s are usually very strong footfighters, as they usually carry heavy armor and use a tungsteel or even an oghnium axe. Even if they don't have aggressive or defensive stance. A hybrif between a MA and a Footfighter is not gimped if he gets dismoutned. He could have a weapon and a Longbow in his inventory and a dismounted Fatmage is still a good healer.

MC´s always invested a good ammount of Cash in their gear, but the mount should not be another expencive item. I think the build is too expencive in general and thats why MC´s are pissed if it is too easy to get dismounted. Making the build cheeper and making them more easy to get dismounted would benefit the game.
The horse should only be viewed as a consumable item and should run away, if a Player get dismounted.

That would also be realistic. Which horse would voluntarily allow itself to be killed without running away?
If the player survived the battle, he could then search for his horse and would not have to tame a new one.

I think a Spear throw should have CD and that you need to hit the head from the Horse to dismount. Maybe it should only work under certain conditions.
For excample if the Horse drops under 60 % health.
That wouldn't be too strong either, since mounts can now be healed from the horse.

Making a build OP and reducing the ammount of mounted Players by making the build super expencive through a high risk vs reward system is not a good way to balance the game !

Atm a mounted group have a huge advantage over Footfighters but in 1 vs 1 the MC must be buffed. The weapon should deal some chip damage but should get hit much harder from the footfighter aswell, if he run towards him in full speed, so yopu need to keep the proper distance. Normally the MC Weapons like lances are a bit longer. They should be the best weapons for MC but they are currently very bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think a Spear throw should have CD and that you need to hit the head from the Horse to dismount. Maybe it should only work under certain conditions.
For excample if the Horse drops under 60 % health.

I agree with a lot of stuff, I just think that there should be more steps/requirements/conditions then just hit them in the head with a thrown spear.
Throwables which Henrik wants could possible be a soft counter to mounts allowing FFs to do damage. My MA is FF/FA/hybrid. I sometimes work MC point onto it but dont do that much MCing. After 300 hours of playing nothing but mounted for the past month my FF skills withered and I have to get back into shape.

We need to wait but sprint breaks on mounts with some extra conditions might be good after we see what happens with the dev teams plans. Mounted is the hardest to figure out what to do to it to balance it.

Piet

May 28, 2020
What Im seeing being said is "NW is not that great but at least there is not pets or mounted..."
Its not that people are quiting temporarily waiting for content. These guys been playing for a while and don't want to play anymore due to the direction of the game. Not the lack of content.
As more of the people that dont want to play due to bad balance there is less content and now more people started not playing because lack of content.

People are loosing hope in the future of the game right now. I saw what people like draco was saying in the past now. You start out as super optimistic and then you start experiencing the borkeness that doesn't get fixed or gets worse each patch.

Im saying all of this for the game and the playerbase. Theres other games I can play, I would enjoy a competitive OW PvP game with no cashshop but I can go back to planetside 2 or play single player games.
Don't get me wrong they need to make sure pets and mounted are balanced but no one is quitting and not coming back over that.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
Im just gonna read post and wait to see starvault fucking up again. They learn from previous game so they should be fine right? :)

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Most hardcore PvE game with pvp elements. If you want competitive PvP I suggest you go somewhere else, you aren't going to find it here. Ever. It will always be like this and only get worse, probably.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Most hardcore PvE game with pvp elements. If you want competitive PvP I suggest you go somewhere else, you aren't going to find it here. Ever. It will always be like this and only get worse, probably.

That depends on the feedback. I see SV is listening this time a lot to the community and i like that.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That depends on the feedback. I see SV is listening this time a lot to the community and i like that.
Multiple people are saying different things. Some people are pushing for big groups to be more powerfull, some people are pushing for smaller groups to be more viable. SV direction could to be have big groups winning because if big guilds are wining then all those players wont quit. SV could not even be caring about balance because they think if they make certain groups happy then they think they can keep a population.

Game has major issues, this is not a beta it is a alpha and they will have really upset and pissed off people if their balancing pass is after release like whats been said so far. If they want to make the game actually good need to be carefull who to listen too because forums get zerged.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Multiple people are saying different things. Some people are pushing for big groups to be more powerfull, some people are pushing for smaller groups to be more viable. SV direction could to be have big groups winning because if big guilds are wining then all those players wont quit. SV could not even be caring about balance because they think if they make certain groups happy then they think they can keep a population.

Game has major issues, this is not a beta it is a alpha and they will have really upset and pissed off people if their balancing pass is after release like whats been said so far. If they want to make the game actually good need to be carefull who to listen too because forums get zerged.

Let's be honest, you're more concerned that the balancing passes haven't come as swiftly as you would have liked and given they're happening gradually and incrementally across multiple patches shows that a) they are still making these decisions each patch but also b) aren't making this aspect of the game #1 priority. Understandably so too as the majority of work going into these patches are supporting systems, that enable there to be a reason to want to fight in the first place. They're making an MMO not a standalone medieval slasher.

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021
The turn cap is so dog water that the game has no hope of ever appealing to me in foot combat.
Add to that 5+ other delays and input manipulations and it’s amazing to me that anyone can enjoy melee combat at all.
I just want to quote this so that everyone has reference in a few years time, when you're still playing footfighter and making the same requests.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I just want to quote this so that everyone has reference in a few years time, when you're still playing footfighter and making the same requests.
I never really mained or played footfighter beyond the basic requirement that everyone have a minimum level of competence with it and bring it to sieges.

there’s only one good mechanic on foot, the parry reset on hit. I’d take the stickies from mo 1 that actually looked cool and were hard to do over the snore fest that is mo 2 stickies