Why your PvP Enthusiast stop playing and wont come back

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I never really mained or played footfighter beyond the basic requirement that everyone have a minimum level of competence with it and bring it to sieges.

there’s only one good mechanic on foot, the parry reset on hit. I’d take the stickies from mo 1 that actually looked cool and were hard to do over the snore fest that is mo 2 stickies
Theres too many bad players and hurt egos from MO to ever get to skill based foot combat ever again.

Reactions: Tzone

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021

Seems pretty similar to MO1 to me. Truth is the changes in MO2 haven't impacted the skill cap at the level people act like it has. If this player had lessers I think he would've had a fair shot at winning.

Actually winning 1vX's more outnumbered than this vid only happened in the days of both potion and lag-abuse, and I'm certain you can't claim skill on "mechanics" like those getting removed.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas

Seems pretty similar to MO1 to me. Truth is the changes in MO2 haven't impacted the skill cap at the level people act like it has. If this player had lessers I think he would've had a fair shot at winning.

Actually winning 1vX's more outnumbered than this vid only happened in the days of both potion and lag-abuse, and I'm certain you can't claim skill on "mechanics" like those getting removed.
That video isn't recent, I don't think. There have been many changes since then.

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021
That video isn't recent, I don't think. There have been many changes since then.

Below are all of the melee combat changes I could find since that video. I sincerely doubt these have suddenly made foot combat non-skill based as implied.
Decreased the quick charge attack damage.

All weapons are now faster to charge and swing.
Power for Melee swings are now linear instead of break point based.
Swing and block delay from missing a swing increased.
Hitting objects when swinging will now give a delay to starting a new block or swing same as missing a swing.
Doing a counter swing now gives reduced melee damage taken for a short time.

Melee charge power curve changed. You now need to charge slightly longer before attacks do proper damage (spam attacks are weaker).
Melee charge speed increased.
Player now has to wait for a missed melee swing to fully recover before being able to do the next melee action (the recovery animation should now match the miss penalty duration).
Two handed weapon miss penalty increased.

Melee charge power curve changed again. It is slightly more linear and bumps the light spam attacks back on the menu, but not as strong as they have previously been.

Counter melee damage reduction lowered from 50% to 40%.
Counter melee damage reduction now isn't refreshed when the counter hits.

Armor weight stamina penalty is now impacted per kg of armor weight.
Armor weight stamina penalty per Armor kg set to 0.5%.
Jump height is now impacted per kg of armor weight.
Jump height penalty per Armor kg set to 0.6%.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
The turn cap is so dog water that the game has no hope of ever appealing to me in foot combat.
Add to that 5+ other delays and input manipulations and it’s amazing to me that anyone can enjoy melee combat at all.

game hasn’t been skill based since I was beyblading everyone and hurting their feelings.

being a Pokémon master seems like the only enjoyable alternative here.

I literally can’t even move slow enough to enjoy the game it’s for slow brains
I’m genuinely looking forward to death knights and hope they’re broken af
you know what? i'll give you props and respect for being the most Honest FF out of the bunch at least someone said it. and it's a unique take

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Below are all of the melee combat changes I could find since that video. I sincerely doubt these have suddenly made foot combat non-skill based as implied.

Hitting objects when swinging will now give a delay to starting a new block or swing same as missing a swing.

Melee charge power curve changed. You now need to charge slightly longer before attacks do proper damage (spam attacks are weaker).
Player now has to wait for a missed melee swing to fully recover before being able to do the next melee action (the recovery animation should now match the miss penalty duration).

Melee charge power curve changed again. It is slightly more linear and bumps the light spam attacks back on the menu, but not as strong as they have previously been.

More, I think. There was still armor and bandages in barrels and boxes.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

Not true. Sv added new mechanics. Yyou can feint reposts after a parry now, if you do it really fast !

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Not true. Sv added new mechanics. Yyou can feint reposts after a parry now, if you do it really fast !

I tested if Players with a higher Ping can block those feints.

It is possible and i love this emchanic, but it need some adjustements.

The game has to recognize when a player does such a feint and the repost Swingspeed after a previously canceled repost has to be slowed down by a few frames.

The mechanics itself is good. It only needs to be adjusted a little so that it works well with a ping up to 230.

The player could block me if hedidn't block the first repost and waited for me to cancel my swing. If he blocked in another direction beforehand, he was too slow with a 200 ping, to switch his blockstance in another direction. This has to be improved so that you still have enough time to change the block stance if you do it very quickly.

I sent the results to the devs.

I hope hey can make the feints work properly. This make the game feel much more like mount and blade.
They are a situational thing and you can use them from time to time,
when the player is in turtle mode. By that I mean standing still when he's low HP and concentrating on blocking every swing.

180-200 ping is really the absolute maximum for now. I would rather say 180. Any player who has an even higher ping should rather play an Archer, Mage, Tamer, Mounted Fighter, or Moutned Archer.

Last edited:

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021
More, I think. There was still armor and bandages in barrels and boxes.
Video is from January 2021. Went through all patch notes up to current, those are the only notes I could find changing anything to do with melee other than 1H stam usage. You're welcome to try and find any I missed, but I doubt any changes have made that video impossible to perform in the current build of MO.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Video is from January 2021. Went through all patch notes up to current, those are the only notes I could find changing anything to do with melee other than 1H stam usage. You're welcome to try and find any I missed, but I doubt any changes have made that video impossible to perform in the current build of MO.

Watch the Videos they not mentioned everything in the Patch notes. There was Stamina changes and many more. The best change back in the early Alpha was the Comboswings. You could hit the ground and got a comboswing. that have changed. You only get them if you hit the opponent now. You can now feint the reposts and much more. Combat have definitely developed over time. They need to fix the bug that you sometimes get the sound of a succesfull hit but your opponent parried. Hope SV will fix that during the polishing before release.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don’t enjoy it mate. And I think if you need 15 patches slowing the other guy down to enjoy it then that’s a hollow victory.

no need for ambiguity I’m referring to exactly

turn cap
Delay on charging a new swing after being parried
Movement speed
Removal of flurrying entirely from the game
Removal of ground hit
Miss penalty (forced to feed players parries can’t fake out)
Mouse blocking still not being very good and having to use keyboard for overhead not really a change but just bad and annoying

that annoying delay between parries when mouse blocking fucks you up. I know people like this one but I don’t

I can probably think of more. All of these are changes by parry players to ensure that parry players are dominant.

You'll never be able to flurry or turn like this again, the game is just dead to me

Last edited:

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
I don’t enjoy it mate. And I think if you need 15 patches slowing the other guy down to enjoy it then that’s a hollow victory.

that annoying delay between parries when mouse blocking fucks you up. I know people like this one but I don’t

You'll never be able to flurry or turn like this again, the game is just dead to me
Then don't play it. Don't project your negativity onto everyone else.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Delay on charging a new swing after being parried. What you mean with that. You can charge a Comboswing if you get parried from your opponent, but the framewindow is very low.

"Mouse blocking still not being very good and having to use keyboard for overhead not really a change but just bad and annoying"

Henrick confirmed that we will be able to bind all attack directions and blocking directions on seperate Buttoms, if we want to. Seems to be a part of the polishing.

I personally enjoyed it that you can hit the ground to get a Comboswing, if you miss your target and be able to parry again, but i know many people that not liked that, but being able to feint the repost is so cool. I love that.

Last edited:

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
When I asked for removal of ground hits, I never dreamed that in the same hand they'd add damage reduction that comes out of your ass for getting a parry. Gosh was I stupid huh?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
When I asked for removal of ground hits, I never dreamed that in the same hand they'd add damage reduction that comes out of your ass for getting a parry. Gosh was I stupid huh?
Flurrying was a staple of the original game. Ground hits should have never been necessary in the first place

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021

no need for ambiguity I’m referring to exactly

turn cap
Delay on charging a new swing after being parried
Movement speed
Removal of flurrying entirely from the game
Removal of ground hit
Miss penalty (forced to feed players parries can’t fake out)
Mouse blocking still not being very good and having to use keyboard for overhead not really a change but just bad and annoying

I can probably think of more. All of these are changes by parry players to ensure that parry players are dominant.

Why not make posts requesting these changes to be reverted/rebalanced?

The OP doesn't mention a single one of these problems, and instead of addressing changes that have actually directly reduced the skill ceiling in FF combat he simply asks for nerfs to every other playstyle.

Not to say there isn't some amount of decent feedback tucked away in his rant- I feel that making all pet attacks parryable, removing rng from Psyche in favor of more linear DMG reduction, and even lowering magic damage/charge speed/mana costs at the same rate are all good suggestions. But I feel like what you are bringing up and what he has stated need to be two different topics to see any positive changes happen.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I dont think what I asked for was nerfs. I asked for pros and con changes.

My mage rework is a rework, they get less time needed to cast in exchange for half alpha damage. There are pros like getting off damage with less time standing still.

Pets nerfs the opness but reworks them to be better in groups. They again get pros in exchange for being weaker. Also I asked for smaller pets to be buffed with new mechanics to make them viable.

I asked for counters to mounted which is buffs to other playstyles, not nerf mounted directly. Right now mounted isnt stable enough after horse changes to say what they need besides working dismounts.

I think people here are trying to be disshonest about what was said.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Don't get me wrong they need to make sure pets and mounted are balanced but no one is quitting and not coming back over that.
I feel like a ton of people have quit mo over time from mounted and pets being aids. They are never fun to fight. And arent even designed in a way to try and be fun. Its always mounted roll max crutch everything for maximum op. And then usually cant die and just run away if they lose for some reason. I was really hoping MO2 would take a different direction with mounted. Maybe make it so it so mounts are easy to get fodder like in darkfall or something, so that mounted are expected to end up fighting on foot after their mount dies (but arent risking a valuable mount). But no. Its just a copy paste of MO1, no improvement. All the aids I hated about mounted, is still in the game or is going to be added. And it seems to only be downhill from here. Its feeling easier to quit when the game doesnt want me to have fun. Mounted zerg online isnt fun. And the game just takes longer in general to do or go anywhere than in MO1. So If I get to deal with all the same BS but take even more time to do it, why play. Never mind paying monthly for it. And MO is my overall fav game of all time. So its disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry and ThaBadMan

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I feel like a ton of people have quit mo over time from mounted and pets being aids.
All I hear from the MO2 guilds that are playing NW right now is "At least its balanced" "I dont fight pets in NW" Ect... The acknowledge its not a good game but when they look at MO2s overall balance right now they are hesitant to return. Several reason why people are not playing right now, all most all NW related.

MO2s balance and pet/mounted situation just makes people less interested or hesitant to return at this time. If MO2 was balanced less people would be playing NW over MO2. When your dedicated players stop playing then you lose a lot of sandbox content and then even more players fall off due lack of population creating a cascade of population drop. This is why dedicated players are important.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I feel like a ton of people have quit mo over time from mounted and pets being aids. They are never fun to fight. And arent even designed in a way to try and be fun. Its always mounted roll max crutch everything for maximum op. And then usually cant die and just run away if they lose for some reason. I was really hoping MO2 would take a different direction with mounted. Maybe make it so it so mounts are easy to get fodder like in darkfall or something, so that mounted are expected to end up fighting on foot after their mount dies (but arent risking a valuable mount). But no. Its just a copy paste of MO1, no improvement. All the aids I hated about mounted, is still in the game or is going to be added. And it seems to only be downhill from here. Its feeling easier to quit when the game doesnt want me to have fun. Mounted zerg online isnt fun. And the game just takes longer in general to do or go anywhere than in MO1. So If I get to deal with all the same BS but take even more time to do it, why play. Never mind paying monthly for it. And MO is my overall fav game of all time. So its disappointing.
It's much less strong than mo1. Once we get dismount it'll be fine I think.