Why your PvP Enthusiast stop playing and wont come back

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This is a balance thread because that is why many of the enthusaist dont want to come back or are slowly quiting for now.
The pets still being a issue affecting PvP along with new pets being added, Its still considered MountedOnline 2, and spells are still uncounterable.
This game if its going to succed need balancing amount long standing and recent issues. Thing like mages instant killing players with low skill floor uncounterable attacks have been in the game since the begenning with out a fix.

Rebalancing I heard will happen shortly after Release which has worried and upset some players. Balancing needs to be worked of as soon as the dev team can fit it in. It is extreamly important as even if you turn your backs on the old players who understand the game is broken, the new players will quickly learn that they game is broken with in a month of playing. Esspecially the PvP enthusaist who will be the back bone of the PvP content in this game. You need to support your competive player base.

MAGES

Mage is very strong but not that interesting to play with a few QoL down sides. The main issue is that a FF can not counter a mages spells. Also three mages can focus fire any player down, or a single mage can instant kill with out any way for the FF to counter a low health FF. A FF can use skill to fend off multiple attackers except for when a mage is envovled. You can look at griefers who will use multiple mages to instant kill players before gaurds can react.

Top mage mains who see this issue have came up with a Idea to make the class more engauging for the player(fun), more skill full, and less broken towards FFs.

The Idea is to half the cast time and half the damage. This will half all Alpha damage a mage can do with their first spell but keep over all DPS the same. Now instead of 3 mages instant kill players with uncounterable hitscan spells, you require double the numbers. This at least extends the FFs TTK and raises the skill floor for mages, as they need to land two hits. Also increases the actions per minute to create less boring gameplay for mage.
Corrupt shold probably stay the same as well as the heals as "alpha damage" with heals is a possitive for the game.

My idea would to be also to include damage reduction for spells landed shortly after another to prevent focusing down a player. I think it would be ok but not great with out the mage mains suggestion but could work great with it. The idea is that after the first hit, there is a half second up to full second maybe of time that the next spells damage is reduced. This means that a single mage will not be affected but multiple mages focusing the same target will be less impactfull but still danagerous. Just halving the damage would be enought if the current damage is already halved.

Pyche also needs a rework to not be RNG based, and to be wanted. Simply halving magic damage reduction of a minor ammount would do wodners for pyche. Also remove RNG resist, not one really feels its good to not take damage due to RNG.

MOUNTED

Extreamly low risk with moderate reward class. Even with out vet people are able to keep pets alive, many builds focus around being all 3 mounted mage, combat, and archer. Well known that in MO1 they were king and OP. They still are troublesome today.
Main issue is lack of counters for every play styles. Archery is a deterent, hammers can dismount but you wont finish either horse nor rider as it is now, and When EQ gets it its only a counter mages cant have. EQ also wont work against MAs and most MMs.

Even when you are outskilling the mounted there is not much you can do to kill them as a foot fighter no mater what mistakes they make. Mounted v FF balance is the hardest. SV must be carefull to not mess up foot fights by adding gimiks like crossbows. I suggest in general to add caltrop throwables to create choke points on the fly for foot fighters.

Mage- Any mage can hop on a horse and be a MM agaisnt FFs. You dont need control riding nor another skill to do magic like MC or MA cant. Controled riding is only really of need against other mounted. MM needs more point investment. Also just be mounting a mage takes away most of the issue they will have as a fatmage/wheelchair mage. Dex is somthing that might need to be worked out as a requirment or want for mounted builds. With all of this the mage balance I mentioned in the previous section can apply

Archer- MA is the best mounted v mounted class. Its has the least risk amount the mounted against FFs but with moderat to low damage unless you are a ogh wheel chair. Archery is generally not viable in MO2 but MA makes up for the issue of not being able to move and stamina loss to be some what viable. FFs can generally avoid MA arrows if they know to strafe and be unpredicatble and well as keeping either longer distance or to get really up close to run circles around a horse.
The main issue is the lack of ability to kill the MA as it never gets close. This means close range dismounts are a no go. Calrops can help by denying them a quick exit in conjuction with a forward push. Or by preventing them from running in circles around the player shooting. Another mechanic that might be looked into is "sprint breaks" on horses. Only very tempoary ones.

MC- The most risk of the mounted but still very low risk. Adding EQ will help balance out group v group but we still need each class to be 1v1 viable agaisnt each other. Caltrops will solve alot of problems with MCs by making it more difficult to run in. Im not sure what else needs to be done because mose MCs are bad at the game so much they cant properly use mounted in general. There are not a lot of very high skilled mounted, esspecially MCs because they all found it boring and went back to FF.

PETS

Pets are broken in 1v1. The core of good PvP games is that every class can 1v1. Right now small pets are useless and big pets are just OP.
Even if parriable you have lots of issues fighting pets such as its always a 1v2. They need to do things such as make big pets focused towards large group fights and smaller pets have more utilities. The current thought process of SV to just make the OP creatures more rare or expensive in either skill points or time does not balance out the game. It only lessens the numbers of frustrated players since less peopel deal with broken game design around pets.

Smaller less powerfull pets should be focused to provide utility and use during small scale. Such as wolves having special attacks to bite and hold to slow down a enemy in PvP. With the counter to that CC being that the player must damage the wolf to force it off the player. Could also have passives on pets such as wolves have lower PP for the next wolf you control allowing to have multiple low level pets. Could have cougars, quite the players steps and have a special attack of pounching a player to do a knock down. With the counter being a push to get them off of your or to prevent the knock down.

Larger pets should be focused on doing lower damage AoEs with group crowd effects. Such as White bear having a roar that affects multiple targets for a small debuff and parriable swipes that hit multiple armored players for 20-30. Since bears will have armor soonish they should have their damage lowered but traded out for AoE. If swipes are not applicable to be animated to be AoE then try ground pounding.

I will go on and on later in about changes per animal I would like to see to make all pets have utility that would be desirable but the focus of pets should either to be utility/help to the owner instead of the fighter for the owner. Or seige/large group weapon not sutible for 1v1s due to speed or low damage.

I dont want to take away content, but if pets are not fixed or nerfed they will kill the game. It is better to just remove them untill fixed if the dev team does not have the time yet. You are sacrificing players who spend the most time in game and driving the player enteration for people who dont play as much and rely on pets.

END

While SV makes improvments and strides elsewhere in the game there are long standing issues that have gone untouched which greatly affect the playerbase and peoples frustration with the game. Right now the games balance is broken and is not condusive to competive skill based gameplay. SV can keep and gain so many players who spend lots of effort and time in games to be good. These players will make a back bone which will keep the game stable and bring in more people for such a niche game. This is about the long term player retention too as many player will eventually find out how much pseudo depth there is in MO2 along with how broken it is eventually.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
„The core of good PvP games is that every class can 1v1“

Is this a generally acknowledged fact or an opinion?

i guess ive never played a good pvp mmo then. Every single pvp mmo i played each class had easy targets(classes that were easy to kill) and hard counters(classes that kill you easily). I have never seen a pvp mmo where every single distinct class could 1vs1 every other class.

thats because its an impossible feat unless all classes play exactly the same.

this is why most mmos tend to balance things around group pvp ( since thats how most open world pvp ends up being anyways, and why we play mmorpg not m1vs1rpg.)

im not saying you dont have good points Tzone, but your basic idea of fair and balanced pvp is flawed and impossible in an mmo like MO. balancing a class based game around 1vs1 AND group pvp its….well, never been done.

you either do what Darkfall did and give everyone all the skills, or you do what pretty much all other mmos do and try to have a rock/paper/scissor group balance.

so enough of this “i cant 1vs1 everyone in game, so the game sucks” attitude and shift your focus to group chemistry.

Last edited:

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
Title of thread should be... "Footfighter complains about every single class besides his own" ... lol in all seriousness though, your opinions on balance are alarming and quite dangerous to the balance of this game. There's so many ironic arguments like "3 mages all focusing one person can instakill them" .... Literally can happen when 3 footies focus well also.... Also let me explain some simplified math or it might go right over your head.... 3 footies each on 3 different mages = No damage from mages only damage from the footies. Don't know if you realize that mages basically can't cast when people are attacking them but the damage from the footies doing damage does not stop so who wins that numbers battle? hmmm..... Let me make another example, let's say you're in a 3v3. If 1 of your footies goes on a mage. he is basically doing nothing but your team is still doing damage because the enemy mage is taking damage and doing no heals or damage at this time. Mages work like this in so many games, good damage / utility when free to cast, but suffer from getting trained down and being squishy.

Also like others in this post have mentioned you talk so much about 1v1 balance when if you know anything about this game at all you understand any average footie should never lose a 1v1 to a mage anyways and if we are talking group balance why are your mages not healing you through the enemy mages damage?.

Also saying mounteds are "Extremely low risk" is hilarious. When a pure mounted character dies especially MC that's the most gold loss for any class in the entire game. I don't even play mounted, but I am not ignorant enough like you to blindly pretend they don't take huge loss upon death.(much greater on persistence as well)

Conclusion: Why don't you play a psy fighter and completely counter all mages as a footie. You think they are so strong so just counter them, I can barely do damage to pure psy fighters as a mage. Also about your psyche rework, psyche already lowers damage based on how much you have but it also gives lots of resist the higher psyche you have so literally don't know what the heck you're talking about. There's people I fight who realize how strong psy fighters are, you apparently are not experienced enough to realize this

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
There's so many ironic arguments like "3 mages all focusing one person can instakill them" .... Literally can happen when 3 footies focus well also....
Three footies hitting 30s-40s on mages is not the same as three mages hitting ~70 damage flamestrikes.

3 footies each on 3 different mages = No damage from mages only damage from the footies. Don't know if you realize that mages basically can't cast when people are attacking them but the damage from the footies doing damage does not stop so who wins that numbers battle?
Wrong. I've been hit a few times while casting and I didn't fizzle. That's what the secondary skill concentration is for. Furthermore, since a footfighter is expending a lot of stamina in chasing and swinging at a mage, it makes it easy for a mage to break out of a sticky, get a gap, and start tossing spells. You also need to consider that a mage in good armor will take less damage from a foot fighter, making a foot fighter need to expend even more stamina to bring a mage's hp down, while a single cast of thunderlash or flamestrike after breaking a sticky would nullify any progress the footfighter has made.

Also saying mounteds are "Extremely low risk" is hilarious. When a pure mounted character dies especially MC that's the most gold loss for any class in the entire game. I don't even play mounted, but I am not ignorant enough like you to blindly pretend they don't take huge loss upon death.(much greater on persistence as well)
Gold loss? No. But it is a pain to find a good mount again. There are foot fighters that run high tier gear to stay competitive while a mounted needs a bow made from materials obtained from a 15 minute farming run near Meduli, and decent enough armor to tank a few hits before retreating and healing. Additionally, there are times where a footfighter can kill a mounted if the mounted is playing very risky, but usually mounteds are wise enough to maneuver tactically to mitigate such situations. From a combination of being able to disengage easier, and having lower entry gear to stay competitive in fights, there is a good case as to why mounteds are lower risk than a footfighter.

Conclusion: Why don't you play a psy fighter and completely counter all mages as a footie. You think they are so strong so just counter them, I can barely do damage to pure psy fighters as a mage. Also about your psyche rework, psyche already lowers damage based on how much you have but it also gives lots of resist the higher psyche you have so literally don't know what the heck you're talking about. There's people I fight who realize how strong psy fighters are, you apparently are not experienced enough to realize this or you just like to cry, can't figure out which one.
Wrong again. There is a spell called mindblast. It penetrates through any psyche resistance. Not to mention, a mage can toss more corrupts on you than you have mana to purify.

Also, stop with the ad hominem attacks. They are meaningless and add nothing to the discussion. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you have the right to insult them.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Pyche also needs a rework to not be RNG based, and to be wanted. Simply halving magic damage reduction of a minor ammount would do wodners for pyche. Also remove RNG resist, not one really feels its good to not take damage due to RNG.
Psyche is not entirely RNG based. There are two components to it: one is a flat damage reduction to all incoming magic attacks by a slight amount. This damage reduction begins somewhere north of 50 psyche. The other component is a chance to resist. This is what you are referring to and is RNG based, with the chance increasing based on how much psyche you have. This decreases the damage of a magic attack by a significant amount.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
Three footies hitting 30s-40s on mages is not the same as three mages hitting ~70 damage flamestrikes.

Flamestrike is a short range spell, it has huge mana costs, Huge long casting times... I am not talking about suicide mages we are discussing real pvp and if you think three mages running up to focus flamestrike a guy mid team fight happens often it does not... just not realistic in most cases as all those mages are now casting the longest spell in the game, on the front lines, down 1/3 their mana pool, and are assuming they all don't miss, their target doesn't have spell reflect..... etc. Meanwhile footies focusing a target together almost has none of these downsides even if it is less damage, it's much more sustained, safe, and realistic.

Wrong. I've been hit a few times while casting and I didn't fizzle. That's what the secondary skill concentration is for. Furthermore, since a footfighter is expending a lot of stamina in chasing and swinging at a mage, it makes it easy for a mage to break out of a sticky, get a gap, and start tossing spells. You also need to consider that a mage in good armor will take less damage from a foot fighter, making a foot fighter need to expend even more stamina to bring a mage's hp down, while a single cast of thunderlash or flamestrike after breaking a sticky would nullify any progress the footfighter has made.

Have you not played the game since MO1? Speed is way more nerfed, there's no double jumping, breaking a sticky takes longer then it did in MO1 and is less consistent..... Mages die if they are getting stickied which is why most during a teamfight in MO2 pull out shields and parry until they get healed / peeled. There's a 60 percent chance to interrupt spells when getting attacked, mages are literally rolling dice against themselves if trying to cast while getting hit....

Gold loss? No. But it is a pain to find a good mount again. There are foot fighters that run high tier gear to stay competitive while a mounted needs a bow made from materials obtained from a 15 minute farming run near Meduli, and decent enough armor to tank a few hits before retreating and healing. Additionally, there are times where a footfighter can kill a mounted if the mounted is playing very risky, but usually mounteds are wise enough to maneuver tactically to mitigate such situations. From a combination of being able to disengage easier, and having lower entry gear to stay competitive in fights, there is a good case as to why mounteds are lower risk than a footfighter.

You do realize MC at the total endgame wants to be wearing the heaviest armor(they dont suffer stam penaltys so why wouldn't they). Max level horse( more gold), The best potions(to feed them and their horse in dangerous situations) Dismount and Damage weapons(lots of expensive endgame materials). Literally everything a footie needs but even more...

Wrong again. There is a spell called mindblast. It penetrates through any psyche resistance. Not to mention, a mage can toss more corrupts on you than you have mana to purify. Also, stop with the ad hominem attacks. They are meaningless and add nothing to the discussion. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you have the right to insult them.

The only one who is wrong is you, considering mindblast is capped at 36 damage, like I said I don't do much damage to psy fighters. Also by the time you realize they are a psy fighter you already used 1-2 spells on them. If you would like to keep arguing with a 5000 hour mage though im down.

Last edited:

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
This is an important aspect of the game that deserves feedback, however, there's too much in this thread to unpack and evaluate properly. A summary of actionable and realistically achievable points toward combat balance would go a long way in keeping this discussion constructive.

That said, while we should be critical of the current state of the game in order to provide feedback, we need to ensure this feedback is in anticipation of future changes too. We're no where near a final version of combat by any means and should temper our expectations, assumptions and unnecessary outrage to this fact.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
i guess ive never played a good pvp mmo then. Every single pvp mmo i played each class had easy targets(classes that were easy to kill) and hard counters(classes that kill you easily). I have never seen a pvp mmo where every single distinct class could 1vs1 every other class.

thats because its an impossible feat unless all classes play exactly the same.

this is why most mmos tend to balance things around group pvp ( since thats how most open world pvp ends up being anyways, and why we play mmorpg not m1vs1rpg.)

im not saying you dont have good points Tzone, but your basic idea of fair and balanced pvp is flawed and impossible in an mmo like MO. balancing a class based game around 1vs1 AND group pvp its….well, never been done.

you either do what Darkfall did and give everyone all the skills, or you do what pretty much all other mmos do and try to have a rock/paper/scissor group balance.

so enough of this “i cant 1vs1 everyone in game, so the game sucks” attitude and shift your focus to group chemistry.
Those mmos are probably tab target garbage with set classes tho. MO is supposed to have skill based combat. There really shouldnt be a playstyle that can 100% beat you no matter what you do. It can be a very tough fight where you have to play almost perfect, sure. But if you look back and theres just nothing you can do better or improve, sorry but thats not skill based.

Like those retarded white bears. Can you try kiting and shooting arrows? Nope it will sticky you down. Try to kill the tamer? Anyone with half a braincell will stay alive parrying for the 10-20 secs that his bear needs to kill you. Try to kill the bear? Just LOL and even with a thursar using life leach the mage is gonna corrupt + flamestrike your ass before you even get the bear half.

Might as well not bother with all this ping stuff and make the game tab target...
... Since bears will have armor soonish they should have their damage ....
Wait what? I thought they were only getting bags?

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I'll be honest, being a fighter in MO2 is literal garbage. Its only viable in a zerg and every build is better in a zerg so that means nothing. Anyone with a weapon and more than 2 braincells can parry you, so you cant kill anyone whos trying to not die if you arent zerging them.

Also I just got fulm'd for a 76 by a naked huergar on a horse. Gameplay ladies and gentlemen. What kind of pvper wouldnt want to play this game.

Just take that in. A naked guy on a horse 1v1 can kill a fighter in 3-4 shots, through armor, with around 3 silver in vendor bought regs. And that's through trying to bandage.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Aesorn's got the Mage aspect down pact so i'll leave that to them they know what they are talking about, but on the topic of Mounted... Why has no one brought up that you cant block on mount? have you as a FF ever been parried? NO (i'll just answer that for you) so maybe we should either make it to where they can parry you from doing damage to them at all since we're talking about balance right?

now all memes aside the Mounted class cant block so it makes sense that they have the mobility to get away and out maneuver someone on 2 feet we can all agree on that and it sounds about fair, they are not invincible, and never will be, and systems will be implemented to counter them as well.

I'll be honest, being a fighter in MO2 is literal garbage. Its only viable in a zerg and every build is better in a zerg so that means nothing. Anyone with a weapon and more than 2 braincells can parry you, so you cant kill anyone whos trying to not die if you arent zerging them.

Also I just got fulm'd for a 76 by a naked huergar on a horse. Gameplay ladies and gentlemen. What kind of pvper wouldnt want to play this game.

Just take that in. A naked guy on a horse 1v1 can kill a fighter in 3-4 shots, through armor, with around 3 silver in vendor bought regs. And that's through trying to bandage.

now we all know you are not playing the same game that we are if you think the investment of regs was 3 silver, if he's hitting you for that much you also have an unoptimized build that has no Psyche and you made that choice, and suffered the consequence and are crying to the devs to give you free immunity from the counter to your class, and lets not start on your damage choice, Every FF i encounter has Archery of some form because 100 points gives you free damage in Ranged combat, so again a flawed build you made and did no damage to a class you get tons of time to hit them as a sitting duck but you disabled combat to panic bandy against a class that can block that... sounds like mistakes were made... but not on the Devs part.

Reactions: Rolufe and Valoran

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
asking for a foot mage nerf is pretty outlandish.

I can see as bit of an argument for alpha strike.

pets need to just do reduced dmg in pvp.

mounted needs better physics, be down geared on hit and basically just work like they did in life is feudal

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
All the mechanics are not out yet.

Saying mages are strong because they can focus a person down and kill them is a little crazy considering just about everyone can do this. You can also focus a mage down and kill them too.

Mages are supposed to burst armored players. That is the balance. Balancing so they are equal is not a balance.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The OP is just whining that his favourite class(foot melee) isnt capable of 1vs1 every other class INCLUDING multiple fat mages.
He litterally proposes that is should take not 3 mages, but 6 mages to kill 1 fighter. ludicrous .

then, just afterhe says that “good pvp is when every class can 1vs1”.

So apparently it should take 6 mages to kill 1 fighter……but also a mage should be able to 1vs1 everyone. He is litterly making no sense.

no where in his post does he even mention that mages get completely dunked on by everyone 1vs1. Or that tamers are completely useless once their pet dies. Or that there isnt much you can when people focus your pet.
That is the reason every mage had to go fat and mounted. Cause otherwise they are free kills.

Yes, some further balance is needed and some playstyles are less skill based than others, but not nearly as bad as he makes it sound. Learn to use a good bow and los.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
„The core of good PvP games is that every class can 1v1“

Is this a generally acknowledged fact or an opinion?

Cound be done. Ranged Dismount with a Crossbow under certain Conditions for Footfighters. A dismounted Pet should run away a km and not listen for at least a minute or 2. This way Footsoldiers could dismount a Mounted Archer. SV could add a Spearthrow, that couzld be used by a mounted Combatant to dismount a MA. The classes can be balanced. Only the tamer will be hard to balance in 1 vs 1 ! Faster leveling Mounts in combination with cheeper MC Gear + ranged Dismount would make the mounted Combatants and Archers build a Hybrid between MC and a FOotfighter, or a Hybrid between a MA and a Footfighter. Problem solved ! We not need rock paper scissors mechanics to counter something but proper balancing.

TZone was a bit worried that a Crossbow could effect Footfighting too much.
Maybe he's not wrong with that. The crossbow shouldn't be stronger than a bow, but it should have an ability with a CD called ranged dismount. If the horse falls below 60% health and is given a headshot, it could throw the Player on the floor and a javelin throw for foot soldiers should be considered aswell.

Starvault has announced both a javelin throw and a crossbow. I think these weapons should certainly serve a purpose.

Last edited:

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
Cound be done. Ranged Dismount with a Crossbow under certain Conditions for Footfighters. A dismounted Pet should run away a km and not listen for at least a minute or 2. This way Footsoldiers could dismount a Mounted Archer. SV could add a Spearthrow, that couzld be used by a mounted Combatant to dismount a MA. The classes can be balanced. Only the tamer will be hard to balance in 1 vs 1 !

Pet builds are literally going to get needed when their mechanics get implemented. They will get a natural rebalance.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
now we all know you are not playing the same game that we are if you think the investment of regs was 3 silver, if he's hitting you for that much you also have an unoptimized build that has no Psyche and you made that choice, and suffered the consequence and are crying to the devs to give you free immunity from the counter to your class, and lets not start on your damage choice, Every FF i encounter has Archery of some form because 100 points gives you free damage in Ranged combat, so again a flawed build you made and did no damage to a class you get tons of time to hit them as a sitting duck but you disabled combat to panic bandy against a class that can block that... sounds like mistakes were made... but not on the Devs part.
You missed the entire point.

How good is a naked fighter? Its shit.
How good is a naked archer with 10 arrows and no bow? Its shit.
How good is a dom mage with a level 4 newly tamed black bear? Its shit.

How good is a fat mage with 3 of each reg, riding on a any mount of any level, while not getting shot at? Can kill a player in gear.

Thats the problem.

MO is never fair. And thats expected. I had a bow. Its called I was getting zerged and cant shoot the mage while I'm getting attacked by a shitty foot fighter and a MA. Neither were doing a very good job at killing me. But I wasnt expecting to win. What pisses me off, is that if there was a naked fighter attacking me, hed be useless. A naked archer wouldnt do as much damage. But a naked fat mage, literally risking nothing. Bam 76 damage through armor. Best low risk zerg class hands down.

And saying to roll a psyfighter doesnt really fix the problem. Even at 70 psy you still only take liek 40-50% less magic damage. But have a noticably worse fighter in all other departments. Yes it helps vs the mage. But he still hits harder vs armor than anyone else. It just becomes a lot of damage instead of broken.

And my main issue isnt mages can hit damage. IUts that mages can risk literally nothing, and hit really high damage, that ignores gear. When every other class in the game to do more damage, need to risk more, and to take less damage, needs to risk more.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
You missed the entire point.

How good is a naked fighter? Its shit.
How good is a naked archer with 10 arrows and no bow? Its shit.
How good is a dom mage with a level 4 newly tamed black bear? Its shit.

How good is a fat mage with 3 of each reg, riding on a any mount of any level, while not getting shot at? Can kill a player in gear.

Thats the problem.

MO is never fair. And thats expected. I had a bow. Its called I was getting zerged and cant shoot the mage while I'm getting attacked by a shitty foot fighter and a MA. Neither were doing a very good job at killing me. But I wasnt expecting to win. What pisses me off, is that if there was a naked fighter attacking me, hed be useless. A naked archer wouldnt do as much damage. But a naked fat mage, literally risking nothing. Bam 76 damage through armor. Best low risk zerg class hands down.

And saying to roll a psyfighter doesnt really fix the problem. Even at 70 psy you still only take liek 40-50% less magic damage. But have a noticably worse fighter in all other departments. Yes it helps vs the mage. But he still hits harder vs armor than anyone else. It just becomes a lot of damage instead of broken.

And my main issue isnt mages can hit damage. IUts that mages can risk literally nothing, and hit really high damage, that ignores gear. When every other class in the game to do more damage, need to risk more, and to take less damage, needs to risk more.

well your problem is not mages i can tell you that. and you were dead anyway the problem again here is not the Balance of the game but your mindset. you have the tools to counter and choose not to and complain that it's imbalanced. and want it to be useless for free to you.

here's an example from me showing what you're doing and it happened yesterday

I was in GK fighting about 6v6 and as the solo dedicated mage i was focused to try and take our group down, and out of nowhere one of their guys that respawned, came at me naked with their started sword knowing that it will completely disable me and take me out of the fight and it took a fighter to peel for me. otherwise I'd be near dead or not able to rejoin the fight because of a naked with literally 0 investment to rejoin fight
Melee does too much damage, the Highest DPS in the Game and it's unfair and needs to be nerfed

i can do that all day but the fact of the matter is that you are not a class that is given any handicaps whatsoever other than what's within reason and are complaining against the class with the most handicaps in the game and portraying it in the worst light... should we balance a class around what griefers do? no otherwise then we should look at nerfing everything into the ground including FF till it takes as long as a game of chess to win any fights counters exist and it's up to you if you want to use them or not

Reactions: Rolufe and Raknor

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its ok if devs dont listen it will end up like MO1 again, and people who are looking for skill based combat will quit again. Leaving behind the few remainders that like this sort of balance. So many people here are against it because everyone else left already.

I play Archer or MA mostly. But I see that the core of the game is based off of the foot fighter. This is were the highest skill and interest in the game is focused from the outside. Many other games took from mo1 the directional combat because it interest so many people. FF is what gets people into this game.

I know the people here want to be overpowered just like mo1 and keep saying you have to wait untill they ballance it like mo1. Mo1 was a broken game, SV should not attempt to recreate if they want people to stay. I know I am going to receive push back but things need to be said.

When I have time I will go back to comment more on things like mages which are extreamly strong with a very low skill floor and broken aspect but boring to play.
Aesorn is right that almost no time a FM would use flamestrike. But what usually happens is that you fulm and follow by tlashes. That player is pretty much dead or one hit after that. Also pyche is a useless stat as is no real argument should be made to say to counter the OPness of mages you need rng.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Its ok if devs dont listen it will end up like MO1 again, and people who are looking for skill based combat will quit again. Leaving behind the few remainders that like this sort of balance. So many people here are against it because everyone else left already.

I play Archer or MA mostly. But I see that the core of the game is based off of the foot fighter. This is were the highest skill and interest in the game is focused from the outside. Many other games took from mo1 the directional combat because it interest so many people. FF is what gets people into this game.

I know the people here want to be overpowered just like mo1 and keep saying you have to wait untill they ballance it like mo1. Mo1 was a broken game, SV should not attempt to recreate if they want people to stay. I know I am going to receive push back but things need to be said.

When I have time I will go back to comment more on things like mages which are extreamly strong with a very low skill floor and broken aspect but boring to play.
Aesorn is right that almost no time a FM would use flamestrike. But what usually happens is that you fulm and follow by tlashes. That player is pretty much dead or one hit after that. Also pyche is a useless stat as is no real argument should be made to say to counter the OPness of mages you need rng.
Fulm really shouldn’t be doing much.

half the reason right now is it’s hard to tell you’re fulmed.

people will be rocking purify pots and it’s easy af to self purify it with 20 ecu. You can even do it on a thursar