Why does SV hate PvPers?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
So people too lazy to do the thing that would stop this from happening (parcels) and then are surprised that it is happening?
surprised-pikachu.gif
parcels don't remove murdercounts don't be noob lol

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah it's apparent a lot of people talking in this topic know so little about the game they have no real right to be. "You shouldn't have access to lawful areas an an unlawful". Agreed. I just think there should be more unlawful areas in the game than two. And that's what this topic is about.

And I'm a BLUE. Whose unlikely to ever go red. I just think the reds have a point here. They're effectively being shut out of most of the game. These changes are just going to prompt the worst of them to find more creative ways to grief as blues, and the rest to leave.

And you have to understand. If someone is stealing zombie heads from you at the graveyard and you kill them. You get a murder count. If someone kills your horse and you catch them later and kill them. You get a murder count. If someone is talking mad crap and you kill them. You get a murder count. If I knock down your house while your asleep, and you kill me for it, you get a murder count. If someone is the bandit king on their main, and you kill their alt, you get a murder count.

Are you guys starting to catch on here? There is no real war system in this game. If you start killing people, no matter how justified, you may go red. This change is bad for everyone whose good at killing and isn't willing to game the system. (Personally, I am willing to blue grief when I feel it's justified. And that's why I am unlikely to ever go red.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bicorps and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
this is the problem with being an RPK guild, not with kran & gk

being an actual rpk clan is just not a feasible option for guilds that want to both murder anybody/everybody, and *also* participate in larger scale actual pvp conflicts.

murder guilds ought be *small*. A handful of murderers.

rpk guilds need to transform their playstyles *away* from rpking, and towards meaningful political conflicts & ideally, friendly pvp with other red guilds & even blues.

the root of the toxicity that games like MO and other full loot mmo's suffer from has always been players trying to dominate the competition out of the game to the point where it's not even fun for them to fight back.

it really *shouldn't* be played like that. You should be nearly as concerned that your enemies are having a good time as your allies. If they *aren't*, then that means the game will inevitably enter a tailspin of an anti-fun death spiral -- as players try to use underhanded tactics, ganking, griefing, etc, just to *win*, rather than *have fun playing the game*
RPK is a buzz word that is made up by non PvPers. It does not apply in this game.
Getting 5MCs which you get in 5 minutes of light PvP in any medium size fight does not make people evil bandit type players. Having 5 MCs is common place and most players will have 5MCs if they are competent at this game.

Non PvPers I have seen to be the most toxic in most games. Unable to tolerate them having consequences to being poor at the game they last out and seek ways to grief and waste the time of the victor. Spam ressing over and over to MC players is griefing. Killing another or control a priest is not.

Saying that this makes "RPK" harder or reduce the number of "murder guilds" It doesnt do anything but make most of the player base be they blue players who defend them selves and there for have a couple of MCs or heavy PvPers that have fights with enemy guilds regularly have to waste time walking back to town. It does not hurt PvP guilds like Levia, Content, Karnimata or prevent us from killing how we please were we please. Its just annoying to us. But for the "Anti RPK" its much harsher, they dont have to play time like we do nor the infrastructure and multiple accounts like we do. If they attempt to fight people attacking towns or defend them selves they would then be stuck walking 30 mins to a hour back to town after trying to defend a town.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
RPK is a real thing. And I'm personally part of the ARPK community. But as one of the prominent ARPK guilds constantly tells their members "Grey does not mean bad. There are plenty of justifiable reasons to go grey. If you just kill anyone who goes grey we will kick you for being an RPK."

Harbingers seems to get it. Why can't the people in this topic?

Reactions: Bicorps

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah it's apparent a lot of people talking in this topic know so little about the game they have no real right to be. "You shouldn't have access to lawful areas an an unlawful". Agreed. I just think there should be more unlawful areas in the game than two. And that's what this topic is about.

And I'm a BLUE. Whose unlikely to ever go red. I just think the reds have a point here. They're effectively being shut out of most of the game. These changes are just going to prompt the worst of them to find more creative ways to grief as blues, and the rest to leave.

And you have to understand. If someone is stealing zombie heads from you at the graveyard and you kill them. You get a murder count. If someone kills your horse and you catch them later and kill them. You get a murder count. If someone is talking mad crap and you kill them. You get a murder count. If I knock down your house while your asleep, and you kill me for it, you get a murder count. If someone is the bandit king on their main, and you kill their alt, you get a murder count.

Are you guys starting to catch on here? There is no real war system in this game. If you start killing people, no matter how justified, you may go red. This change is bad for everyone whose good at killing and isn't willing to game the system. (Personally, I am willing to blue grief when I feel it's justified. And that's why I am unlikely to ever go red.)
For us red players it doesnt really hurt us. We will have rez players and dont die as much as the people we will be sending to walk 30 minutes back to town because they came outside of GZ to fight us but didnt make it back to safety in time.

One super annoying this is that for us hitting priest button takes us to blue priest we cant use and usually in the wrong direction we want to go and how they removed a red priest we spent half a stack of gold putting houses and strong holds around. Its really bad manners on SV part to remove priest players spent a lot of time and gold on.

The oasis priest they removed was really nice for GK to get horses and many MK players would naked spawn there to get horses. Now the closest is Risar dungeon and its blue.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
RPK is a real thing. And I'm personally part of the ARPK community. But as one of the prominent ARPK guilds constantly tells their members "Grey does not mean bad. There are plenty of justifiable reasons to go grey. If you just kill anyone who goes grey we will kick you for being an RPK."

Harbingers seems to get it. Why can't the people in this topic?
How is it random to kill players? Im not killing people randomly I kill most people depending on the effort. Nothing wrong with that. I dont flip a coin to decide if I fight a player or not.

Its a term that a part of the community pushes but is not descriptive of whats going on.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
How is it random to kill players? Im not killing people randomly I kill most people depending on the effort. Nothing wrong with that. I dont flip a coin to decide if I fight a player or not.

Its a term that a part of the community pushes but is not descriptive of whats going on.

You see a random player (Someone you have no past dealings with, positive or negative). They are doing nothing to prompt aggression beyond existing. Do you kill them? If yes, you are RPK. If no, you aren't.

So it's not so much, are you randomly killing players. It's more, do you kill random players?

Here's the rule on it I set for my guild:

RPKing = Random Player Killing. If you see a random player who has done nothing wrong to you, don't just run up and kill them. Ever. Don't do it. I'll have to kick you from the guild. If we allow one person to get away with that then every guild will recognize us as an RPK guild and start attacking us first. We're not here to kill everyone, we're a guild about waging wars against specific enemies.

We also have multiple friendly guilds that will stop working with us if we operate as RPKers.

So you can kill people we have deemed to be hostile. You can defend yourself. You can even kill someone if they start shit talking you, kill stealing, etc. But if you run around killing people because "it's fun" or "I wanted their stuff" or whatever, I'm going to have to remove you for the sake of everyone in the guild that doesn't want that kind of reputation.

Personally though, I view ARPK as a valid playstyle, and RPK as a valid playstyle. If I wanted the game mechanics to handle RPKs entirely, I wouldn't play MO2. If you don't like RPKs, pick up a sword and become an ARPK. That's content.

Reactions: 666

Feb 10, 2022
Wolfzeit made a video showing Henrik's comment to that topic.

it's funny to watch that video now when you know whole picture.

rpk blocked mk as a protest.
would b good if new wave arpk or pve players would know mo history to make any answers like - oh it's good change jaja - pk playa rekt and so on

sv made tc patch but doesnt give any rules, we had somehow found it by itself
so some guilds start building walls, endless walls around the map
and some of them blocked important content, rpk(guild name) decides to block mk and do you know what henrick said? - haha it's FUNNY! would b interesting to watch - it's quote, you can find it in old forum

i dont remember exactly what guild lived near minos but they tried to block dungeon and it was declined by gms. people got confused and start asking gms why some people can and we cant? (as example kimuru was blocked)
answer was - it's unique place (like kimuru is not)
greater natorus is blocked and gk is not

how the fuck people could understand that?
ofc people raged

and again when steam wave has come MK became new starting point. but it was awful decision MK that time was full of RPK players and they gank people even inside city(on blue chars) not always but it was possible

so sv at office must be talking to each other - hey lets make rpk base new starting point
annnnd they made it
why i need to blame rpk for slaying noobs when sv made such decision with halfmade starting point in mk(gy was far from gz)
in tindrem it was way harder to get there on red char

and now henrick blame rpk that he lost playerbase because of reds, but i disagree with that, it's not truth
they made it there coz they doesnt go deep to mo life to understand that simple fact, if you open forum on that page you will find that community predict all that
and you can also find my suggestion that time about starter island, it was a long time ago, thx papa we have it now here in mo2 after so many years.

i love Henrick but i think he have very bad side such as he never accept his mistakes
he gave opportunity to build up mk road and said funny let's see but many days after he said nothing and just make it impossible, rpk didnt use any exploit they did it because they can

it's like to take street cat and let it shit everywhere but next week punish for that because it made rhodri on the carpet.

sv talking now that they had their lessons, but i doubt
you cant understand any lesson if you feel that you always right
suddenly.

long story short - sv have problem with planning
today you can build here tomorrow you cant
one guild can block content another one cant etc
it doesnt matter what kind of game play is yours you would b pissed if that kind of things would happen with you

p.s.
again i love henrick and i love mortal
so many years i spent here but i saw so many patches without any predictions
like they test it on live and doesnt know what will b next step
why they didnt remove red priest before start if they put them around just for testing shit?
why they moved them from cave camp if it was always dangerous place for noobs(i dont remember any startingzone around)
move them from gz it's fine but why like this there is no tc tomorrow.

read about steam queue and you will find a lot of funny things that you can see around.
they were not prepare before steam they didnt this time but they got lessons..

p.s.s sorry for eng
didnt use it for years and it's 7 am %)

psss would b good if rpk member could correctly inlight that moment about mk

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SilentPony

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022

I wish there was some way to "mark" someone that you are then allowed to kill freely once. Like an NPC you can pay a sum and whoever your target is gets a permanent mark till you kill them.

I mean, if I die somewhere out in nowhere to someone I have basically no way to punish them myself anyways because they are just gone. And I probably forgot their names five minutes later anyways. Some sort of "revenge system" might be kinda fun. Maybe it could be combined with some sort of advanced mark that allows you to actually see where they are. This could then also be used as indirect punishment for grey/red players as they would have to live with the constant fear of someone they crossed planing their death in some fashion.

Requiring an NPC would also prevent abuse of it for "random affect PKing" and the fee could be higher for blues.

Ah, well, dreams.

Personally though, I view ARPK as a valid playstyle, and RPK as a valid playstyle. If I wanted the game mechanics to handle RPKs entirely, I wouldn't play MO2. If you don't like RPKs, pick up a sword and become an ARPK. That's content.

I think "content" that requires specific situations to happen and has you otherwise do nothing isn't exactly great content. Feels more like the typical "Make your own content" bullshit that people spout when they defend a game that has no content.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly is a valid play style. It just really isn't for everyone. It is probably not even something for the majority of players.

So you only focus on people that are easy to kill, miners and such, huh? I hope you aren't one of those that call themselves "hardcore PvPers" if that is the case.

Last edited:

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
@Cryotek

My not so off the bat suggestions of game design from an indie.

- Kill right : https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Kill_Rights
Any person that shooted you, shooted your horse, or any other criminal action against you, give you a permanent 1 use kill right even under the nose of guard. And the kill right is both signaled near their name and in a list for the player possessing it.

- RPK should be solved by red priest removed on blue town, thus RPK as just mindless serial killer, killing 2vs1 a newbie woodcutting. Shall be penalized in their own resurrection that way. Slowing a little the "blood thirsty bandit" play-style of RPK.

- Duel should allow you to PvP anywhere, on an individual basis, without penalties. It is not random anymore as both parties accepted to duel, even to death, add a honor rating if 1 guy flee the zone.

- A reputation system, between player/guild/kingdom, which allow you to declare player/guild/kingdom as enemies. Being enemies would allow you to free kill your enemy without it being considered RPK. However the set up is 2 hours delayed, thus the RPK can't just declare the woodcutting newbie as enemy before ambushing it. If people are real enemies, they can wait a "next time" before ambushing mercilessly each other.

- That 0 Health don't kill but disable you like you pass out for 2 min, same for pets. And that an actual kill is a finish off move.
That would allow bandit to loot you but let you beat up and alive, which would be a middle ground. Letting the newbie wood cutter, start again cutting wood and go home on his horse. It is less harsh for the newbie than having to get a new horse and restart from scratch. And the bandit still has its loot.

If you need ANY role-play justification, just say the gods are witness.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Down with PvP! Up with.. uh.. what else would we promote besides PvP?

Up with... uh.. domination and breeding..?

Yeah I don't know. PvE can be re-skinned a thousand ways along with other stuff that we've seen done better in other titles, MO2 has a strength in PvP content.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Today I stole the loot from someone's boss kill, taunted them for a second while they stared at me, and then ran away. Good thing we made being "red" so punishing that I can steal from you and you can't do anything about or I'll punish you for it. Who knew that SV could make one simple change and now trolling is win/win. I sure hope they don't enable people to get mad and try to kill me, that would be bad.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Down with PvP! Up with.. uh.. what else would we promote besides PvP?

Up with... uh.. domination and breeding..?

Yeah I don't know. PvE can be re-skinned a thousand ways along with other stuff that we've seen done better in other titles, MO2 has a strength in PvP content.

I can get breeding and domination IRL. #cmonson.

@ Random Killing, if it's a person you have no past dealings with, some people might say oo he's got on good armor it's worth a shot. lol. Just sayin'.

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
Today I stole the loot from someone's boss kill, taunted them for a second while they stared at me, and then ran away. Good thing we made being "red" so punishing that I can steal from you and you can't do anything about or I'll punish you for it. Who knew that SV could make one simple change and now trolling is win/win. I sure hope they don't enable people to get mad and try to kill me, that would be bad.

Kill right: see my previous post, solve this trolling on sense

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
A reputation system, between player/guild/kingdom, which allow you to declare player/guild/kingdom as enemies. Being enemies would allow you to free kill your enemy without it being considered RPK. However the set up is 2 hours delayed, thus the RPK can't just declare the woodcutting newbie as enemy before ambushing it. If people are real enemies, they can wait a "next time" before ambushing mercilessly each other.

We're going to get a version of this down the road probably in enhancements to the war system. Currently, you can declare war but both sides have to agree to it.

And the reason for that is war systems with no restrictions damn near negate the point of any kind of reputation/murder count system. There were guilds in Darkfall that would just wardec every single guild in the game. By that point in Darkfall almost all veteran groups spent the majority of their time in the cities owned by their alliances. These guilds inhabited starter towns and preyed almost exclusively on newbs. The vets were too concerned with their wars against each other to bother making rooting griefers out of newb towns a major priority. I understand similar things happened with groups like GUTS in MO1.

So while I think a non-consensual war system is needed, it's going to have to be implemented very carefully to avoid letting griefer groups wardec every single newb group. And it's just simply not going to handle many of the justifiable reasons to kill someone.

No automatic system can account for all the factors of a situation like a player. Which is part of the reason ARPKs need to be a major part of the solution if you don't want newbs RPKed too frequently.

I think "content" that requires specific situations to happen and has you otherwise do nothing isn't exactly great content. Feels more like the typical "Make your own content" bullshit that people spout when they defend a game that has no content.

Agreed. But there are a lot more ways to be an ARPK than sitting at a graveyard waiting for RPKs to come. You can kill them in the open world as you see them. You can target their assets. You can come clear graveyard when RPKs actually get called out etc. It's a role only as boring as you choose to make it.

Last edited:

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Where is the risk and consequences for losing as a non player? Always see people that want the game easier for them saying the game should be harder for players that make the game have consequences.

Open world PvP is what makes this game have risk and consequences. People calling for consequences for red players are hypocrites.

You sound like an ignorant, coward, punk beyotch that never murdered a person in RL. You just like to do it video games. In the real world there is consequences for shit like that. In this video game it should be no different. If you want to be a bandit and murder innocent people who can’t fight back then you need to be punished some how. This is what Henrik means by consequences.

People have disabilities, trauma from military, and all sorts of underlining issues that make PvP uninteresting and even though it’s an MMORPG with open world PvP; there are still thousands of players who want to play non aggressively. You need to grow up and accept that fact.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Agreed. But there are a lot more ways to be an ARPK than sitting at a graveyard waiting for RPKs to come. You can kill them in the open world as you see them. You can target their assets. You can come clear graveyard when RPKs actually get called out etc. It's a role only as boring as you choose to make it.

I think the world is too big for this. Responding to a call if you have to travel to it for 20 minutes just for them to be already dead or otherwise gone isn't exactly fun in my book and just a huge waste of time. I don't want to play a travel simulator.

Actively looking for PKs in the open world also seems to be mostly a waste of time, the chance to actually run in some are slim and them fighting and not running away as soon as they realize you aren't easy kills is even more slim.

Reactions: druez and The Khan

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
And the reason for that is war systems with no restrictions damn near negate the point of any kind of reputation/murder count system. There were guilds in Darkfall that would just wardec every single guild in the game. By that point in Darkfall almost all veteran groups spent the majority of their time in the cities owned by their alliances. These guilds inhabited starter towns and preyed almost exclusively on newbs. The vets were too concerned with their wars against each other to bother making rooting griefers out of newb towns a major priority. I understand similar things happened with groups like GUTS in MO1.

So while I think a non-consensual war system is needed, it's going to have to be implemented very carefully to avoid letting griefer groups wardec every single newb group. And it's just simply not going to handle many of the justifiable reasons to kill someone.

No automatic system can account for all the factors of a situation like a player. Which is part of the reason ARPKs need to be a major part of the solution if you don't want newbs RPKed too frequently.

When i think PvP in MMO i think EvE online with 1/5 map safe for beginner et 4/5 map 0 security, free for all PvP.
I consider EvE online a full loot PvP, except being sci fi its more a full-destruction PvP.

Having 1/5 of the map secure for newb would solve this newbie griefing i think.
How to secure ? Patrolling guard may consume too much server side.
You can still ask the gods for divine protection in those zone.

And personally, i would still consider it a a full loot-PvP with the huge majority of the map non-secure.

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
I think the world is too big for this. Responding to a call if you have to travel to it for 20 minutes just for them to be already dead or otherwise gone isn't exactly fun in my book and just a huge waste of time. I don't want to play a travel simulator.

Actively looking for PKs in the open world also seems to be mostly a waste of time, the chance to actually run in some are slim and them fighting and not running away as soon as they realize you aren't easy kills is even more slim.

this is the point that most often seems completely lost on RPKers

the game just needs a tracking system for people with more than 5 murder counts and then you would see the tables turned.

Reactions: Serverus