We need stamina for combat pets

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
They shouldnt be faster than players either.

This is the absolute dumbest shit. HOW can SV allow this to happen again? We literally had to suffer years with this in MO1. They said they "learned". How can anyone think is is okay lmfao

But but but players spend so long getting them...

But hey SV being SV is nothing new.
Yes they tame then and afk them on a training dummy lmao

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
This is the absolute dumbest shit. HOW can SV allow this to happen again? We literally had to suffer years with this in MO1. They said they "learned". How can anyone think is is okay lmfao

Yes they tame then and afk them on a training dummy lmao
yea so hard, so many hours. and mmm YES we deserve to have 1 pet be equal to 3 average players :ROFLMAO: I agree its so dumb and the fact we still have this shit in MO2 is laughable.

on to more positive things, SV is great at making memes, learned from past mistakes is already golden imo!

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
henrik compared white bears to going out in oghmium gear. clearly he has no clue how long and dangerous it is to make any quantity of oghmium, and to compare that to sitting afk in a guarded town waiting for your pet to level is laughable.

-barcode

• Love
Reactions: ThaBadMan

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
henrik compared white bears to going out in oghmium gear. clearly he has no clue how long and dangerous it is to make any quantity of oghmium, and to compare that to sitting afk in a guarded town waiting for your pet to level is laughable.

-barcode
What about when you put oghmium armor on your bear
Bet you didn’t think of that huh

Reactions: Jatix

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
What about when you put oghmium armor on your bear
Bet you didn’t think of that huh

I thought people were trolling but it seems like Henrik really is planning to give all pets armor...

• Love
Reactions: Teknique

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
How fun will it be when the white bear hits you for 90 and your 10 dudes with bows are hitting 5 damage each on him. Fun and interactive.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
A simple stamina system would actually work really well. Even something basic like:
  • Passively drain stamina when a pet is in attack state (fixed amount say 3 stamina every second).
    • Pets should regain stamina at the same rate but have different stamina pools based on animal type and level.
    • Follow and stay regains stamina. Stay regains at a faster rate than follow.
  • Scale the pets damage output and movement speed over an inverse exponential curve based on it's current stamina level.
    • meaning smaller per stamina damage/speed loss at higher stamina, and a faster rate of damage/speed loss at lower stamina
  • At 0 stamina, have the pet start losing loyalty.
This would mean the tamer could call their pet back to regain it's stamina but they wouldn't be able to spam it back and forth as the loyalty penalty for ordering the pet would become punishing. Also having their pet hide and then run in from a distance would be more balanced because the pet would start losing stamina from the moment they were ordered to attack and still have to reach the target.

Furthermore, AFKing on the dummy would be nerfed because they would lose loyalty constantly unless they were resting the pets.

Ultimately the stamina management of pets should be extremely punishing but given the potential damage output for the playstyle, it makes sense to be. A good tamer should have to rely on both their own and their pets positioning in order to win a fight. It should be difficult to be a good tamer.

Reactions: Hogordin

Tzone

May 16, 2021

Just because somthing is "rare" or "hard to get" or cost X amount is not balance. All it does is limit the amount people who have the at issue system to ruin other peoples game. This type of balancing just prevent people from quiting if they arent experience gamebreaking systems like a wb. But the game breaking system still exist. Need real balance.

Smaller scale PvP is skill based. Pets are not. Pets namely WB destroy these fun small fights. WBs and other OP pest if not removed from the game need to be pointless in small scale.

Its less of a issue for not ruining the game for people in large scale combat so thats were these OP pets should be focused.

Reactions: MolagAmur and Rhias

Woody

Apr 4, 2021

Just because somthing is "rare" or "hard to get" or cost X amount is not balance. All it does is limit the amount people who have the at issue system to ruin other peoples game. This type of balancing just prevent people from quiting if they arent experience gamebreaking systems like a wb. But the game breaking system still exist. Need real balance.

Smaller scale PvP is skill based. Pets are not. Pets namely WB destroy these fun small fights. WBs and other OP pest if not removed from the game need to be pointless in small scale.

Its less of a issue for not ruining the game for people in large scale combat so thats were these OP pets should be focused.

Removing something because in it's current state it's imbalanced isn't the solution. We don't want to remove content from the game as we don't have the luxury to do so. Balancing is achievable, the devs just need to decide where they want to put the skill cap into it. Time is not an appropriate lever alone in this respect, agreed. If they made it so the tamer's skill cap comes in the form of positioning and micromanagement of resources (HP, Stamina, Loyalty etc), then they might be able to balance it yet.

They have 6 weeks to try stuff. Here's hoping.

Reactions: Fang

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

quite possibly the best video i've ever seen.

• Love
Reactions: Rhias

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The best thing is that he could have just cast some Tlashes for 70s here and there but he chose not to. He didnt even use magic 95% of the time except to heal the WB.

That mana bar are almost always full.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This thread needs more attention. If shit is like this in launch I swear to God my entire guild will run 125 white bears until they fix it.

Reactions: ThaBadMan and Fang

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
This thread needs more attention. If shit is like this in launch I swear to God my entire guild will run 125 white bears until they fix it.
why not do that now and force henrik to get his head out of the clouds

-barcode

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
why not do that now and force henrik to get his head out of the clouds

-barcode
We don't really play much. Just to check updates mostly. Definitely would though...

I think this is more of a Herius issue though. Hes the one in charge of balance afaik.

Hogordin

Feb 13, 2021
A lot of people are complaining about tamer being OP, and although I believe most of the comments are faulty, there is something wrong about pets being able to fight indefinitely.

A horse can't run forever in game so why can a combat pet outrun, outfight and outlast a player who has to manage stamina? It's against logic.

Simply implement a stamina bar for combat pets and give attacks/sprinting a stamina penalty - perfectly balanced as all things should be.

Combat Pets are completely broken right now and that is not just because of stamina.! And for me they NEED to fix this before persistence or we are fked.
- The damage is very high and constant. People talk about the white bear being "rare" n "elite" but have u tried fighting a max lvl brown bear? same shit.
- No influence range, the pet can follow and be ordered forever ( i know they said are fixing it )
- Speed!! OMFG, way too fast! And yes i can accept maybe a wolf or a dire wolf to reach me but not all big ass bears etc.
- No stam

Balance this ASAP , let's not do pokemons again for years.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
E9W-loeUYGU4Bx4
I think Henrik even plans to add pet armor at some point...
Yes; yes, he does.
E9W-jKTVcAEHMP5

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
All we can do is hope they fix pets before release. If not then anybody who is anyone will have at BEAR minimum 1 white bear in their party.