'vulnerable' structuses at chosen time

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
How about make structures like keeps and houses vulnerable to attack at the specified time of day or chosen by the owner?

It will let guilds to defend their assets and even attackers will have something from it - as far as I remember, most of the pvp guilds from MO1 was there just for fights.

Also, that mechanic was partially used in few games like Eve Online and in Conan Exiles and it worked pretty well.

Correct me if you think its a bad idea.

Reactions: Darknight and Piet

Monco

May 28, 2020
I think that having set timers for certain or specific asset vulnerability is a good concept and could heavily improve the gameplay. With timers there's also no need to have NPC guards to protect your structures, which just end up making the PvP gameplay way worse.

Monco

May 28, 2020
If you want to have a carebear mechanic like this go play Darkfall, MO is too hardcore for you
Gotta love those who see it that way, they just don't understand how much more of a carebear mechanic is to sneak a siege when your enemy has barely anyone online because they're either at sleep or at work. Don't you think that it would be much more enjoyable from a gameplay perspective to actually siege someone when they're online? I bet it must be such a good PvP and siege experience to smack some NPC guards and buildings because your enemy isn't there. Might aswell have PvE sieges then, where you just siege npc towns because that's how it becomes that way.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I agree, to an extent. There should be two ways to deal with TC. Capturing and destroying.

I have no idea how to balance this properly, that being said here is a vague idea:

Siege:
  • Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday are siege days
  • The siege window is 12hours, bordering timezones so that most areas should be covered for at least an hour or two
  • Seiges work as they did in MO1, full asset destruction
  • Outside of the siege days, structures can only be damaged to 75% and be captured
Capturing:
  • Capturing would allow a structure to be looted, but any services offered by NPC's would not be usable (bank, store, guards, etc.) by anyone.
  • Spawning/control commands (change lock, etc) would be disabled for everyone at first
  • To capture a building you would do 25% damage to it, and no one present may have been in combat for 5 minutes.
    • That means you would have to clear any resistance and also damage the building before claiming it.
    • You must have at least 3 people near the spot of capture, and capture happens by holding interact on the injured building
  • For an owner to reclaim a captured structure they must interact with it, out of combat, and then hold and defend it for 2 hours.
  • For the capturer to gain access to all the NPC services and control commands (locks etc) they must hold the structure for 8 hours.
  • A captured structure will always be able to be reclaimed, until a full week has passed.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Gotta love those who see it that way, they just don't understand how much more of a carebear mechanic is to sneak a siege when your enemy has barely anyone online because they're either at sleep or at work. Don't you think that it would be much more enjoyable from a gameplay perspective to actually siege someone when they're online? I bet it must be such a good PvP and siege experience to smack some NPC guards and buildings because your enemy isn't there. Might aswell have PvE sieges then, where you just siege npc towns because that's how it becomes that way.
If your guild can't rotate members for CQ with everyones phone numbers on hand in case of night sieges, you deserve to have everything you own knocked down at 4 am. Face it, real life works the same way and MO should work exactly the same.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Seriously? And what if a guild is not international and all members are from the same country? They should call the others at 4am?

Waaaait, did I got trolled?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Seriously? And what if a guild is not international and all members are from the same country? They should call the others at 4am?

Either or.
Besides theres many players wanting such a system where you do need to contact memeber irl while afk sleeping or working to be able to defend your keep.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind

Either or.
Besides theres many players wanting such a system where you do need to contact memeber irl while afk sleeping or working to be able to defend your keep.
Yes, you got trolled. Slammington is a satire account. They post a good 75% of nonsense just to get laughs or rile people up.

As for the RL system, while I can appreciate the idea, as we get older less and less people want to or have the ability to drop eveerything and disrupt their lives for a game. If it is 4am and I have work the next day, or I am at work, or on a date with my woman, I dont want to hear about a siege, as I will obviously begin to stress. I will deal with the game when I am able to, you know.

If you want a guild who plays that hardcore, find likeminded people who also want to. It should not be required of the game, because not a lot of people have that time or desire

Reactions: DarkWizz

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
The system I would like to see is simple - a time window set by guild when they are most active or global time on server, when there are most ppl online. Few hours per day when your assets are vulnerable to attack by others.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yes, you got trolled. Slammington is a satire account. They post a good 75% of nonsense just to get laughs or rile people up.

As for the RL system, while I can appreciate the idea, as we get older less and less people want to or have the ability to drop eveerything and disrupt their lives for a game. If it is 4am and I have work the next day, or I am at work, or on a date with my woman, I dont want to hear about a siege, as I will obviously begin to stress. I will deal with the game when I am able to, you know.

If you want a guild who plays that hardcore, find likeminded people who also want to. It should not be required of the game, because not a lot of people have that time or desire
I do want a system where you can put on like a 8 hour "shield".

But I have had this discussion many times and things coming up is why should all players cater to your needs, if you cant handle the loss of a keep dont get one.
Others want shield for sleep and work.
And you have the fact this is a international game so people work and sleep during the entire day every day. EU, NA, Asian and AU timezones.

How to find the perfect system that most will agree with seeing the differences here. AU might want to siege EU and EU NA and Asian NA or any other combination. There usually small times where all play and interract with eachother. Which makes this discussion very hard.

Reactions: Sirsancho

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I do want a system where you can put on like a 8 hour "shield".

But I have had this discussion many times and things coming up is why should all players cater to your needs, if you cant handle the loss of a keep dont get one.
Others want shield for sleep and work.
And you have the fact this is a international game so people work and sleep during the entire day every day. EU, NA, Asian and AU timezones.

How to find the perfect system that most will agree with seeing the differences here. AU might want to siege EU and EU NA and Asian NA or any other combination. There usually small times where all play and interract with eachother. Which makes this discussion very hard.
This is why I made my own thread. If destruction is capped to specific windows, then all players no matter time zone will have to coordinate. There is no happy medium where everyone gets the ideal time, not unless there were servers for each timezone, which isnt going to happen.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
It starts with a siege window and ends with a non-looting time. :sick:
I was at several sieges at 4AM and I won't complain about it.

Siege defense is easier than sieging. Why should there be a window at the highest populated time of the keep owning guild? To make it even harder to defeat them? They got already the advantage of priests, regears, walls to hide and other stuff.

If the only purpose of siege windows is to prevent ninja sieges then just add something like siege camps. I need to be placed X hours before the siege to gain "energy". After that time you can use it to build siege equipment. In those first X hours it will have some kind of magic shield and no player is able to damage it. So nobody needs to defend that thing for X hours for the sake of time sink. All guilds within a radius of X meters of the siege camp will get a notification once it is placed. Ninja sieging problem solved.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
It starts with a siege window and ends with a non-looting time. :sick:
I was at several sieges at 4AM and I won't complain about it.

Siege defense is easier than sieging. Why should there be a window at the highest populated time of the keep owning guild? To make it even harder to defeat them? They got already the advantage of priests, regears, walls to hide and other stuff.

If the only purpose of siege windows is to prevent ninja sieges then just add something like siege camps. I need to be placed X hours before the siege to gain "energy". After that time you can use it to build siege equipment. In those first X hours it will have some kind of magic shield and no player is able to damage it. So nobody needs to defend that thing for X hours for the sake of time sink. All guilds within a radius of X meters of the siege camp will get a notification once it is placed. Ninja sieging problem solved.
Honestly your seige camp and magic shield sound foolish to me. Check out the thread I made and read the capture system I proposed. You may find it a suitable work around.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Honestly your seige camp and magic shield sound foolish to me. Check out the thread I made and read the capture system I proposed. You may find it a suitable work around.
Do you know what sounds foolish to me? Sieges fixed to certain days and times per week! And yes, I read your thread.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Ok time frame idea is worst idea ive red since a long time. what a bullshit of an idea. Siege windows with time from time were stuff is siegable is cutting freedom.
Its a bad design wich shit gaames choose because they dont like to think 1 step ahead. A no is no many ways, sry man but whoever is truly for siege WTF

Sry that suggestion is the worst ive ever read since im on the forum 2010. Im so pissed right know that someone could really have that in mind. WTF is wrong with you. Everythign that cuts freedom in such a way is a NO GO. So could you please pack your shit and leave this forum you dont deserve to be here. play your nooby shitgames, and all the alpha garbage that came up in that decade. Mortal Survived because it didn't do that bullshit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Neftan

Helix

May 28, 2020
Having to protect your shit 24/7 is not really customer friendly or viable unless you're a jobless neckbeard. Sure, you can join a guild with a thousand dudes and be safe most likely, but that also means your options are limited, so less "freedom" of choice that way.

Take a lesson from Last Oasis that actually has mechanisms in place to prevent offline raiding and they're still losing a player base. If people lose shit when they're offline, they quit, you've lost those customers and the player base shrinks. I've seen this play out over and over again in a multitude of games. I hope SV is building their game to survive with a healthy player base for 5+ years, not shudder the game in 8 months.

• Love
Reactions: PatWins and Piet

Monco

May 28, 2020
Ok time frame idea is worst idea ive red since a long time. what a bullshit of an idea. Siege windows with time from time were stuff is siegable is cutting freedom.
Its a bad design wich shit gaames choose because they dont like to think 1 step ahead. A no is no many ways, sry man but whoever is truly for siege windows and timeframe deserves corona or worse. (sry im just angry ignore it)

Sry that suggestion is the worst ive ever read since im on the forum 2010. Im so pissed right know that someone could really have that in mind. WTF is wrong with you. Everythign that cuts freedom in such a way is a NO GO. So could you please pack your shit and leave this forum you dont deserve to be here. play your nooby shitgames, and all the alpha garbage that came up in that decade. Mortal Survived because it didn't do that bullshit.
"Time Frames" do end up limiting the "sandbox potential" of the game but they serve the purpose of preventing offline raiding. Most similar games end up deciding between 2 solutions to make such a thing "harder" to do. They either implement "automated defences" such as NPC guards or automated turrets or they set timers, in some cases even both.

There's really no "thinking step ahead" it's simply mechanics put in place to improve the gameplay at the expense of "player freedom", afterall you'd expect a siege against player structures to be defended by players aswell, not only NPC guards which make the experience terribly boring.

Reactions: ThaBadMan