These are the biggest issues in MO2 and how to fix them

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
@Sebastian Persson @Henrik Nyström
  1. Cheats, exploits

In my opinion the biggest problem with hackers at the moment are real money traders solo farming dungeons and then selling the loot for real life money.
    The problem here is that they seem to be making enough money to keep going with new accounts, the rate at which they are getting caught seems to be too slow.
    To make their lives harder make bosses only spawn if there are atleast 3 players inside the boss room.
    This would additionally make it very hard to exploit bosses in the future.
    Turn risar chieftain room into a boss room.
    Remove risar lore book spawns from barrels inside risar dungeon so hackers cant just fly in and loot the barrels.
    Make risar chieftain drop a gem that can be traded for a risar lore book of your choice.
    Track abnormally fast player location change (ignore Z axis to counter falling), if anomaly occours check player speed vs calculated max speed based on attributes.
    Track abnormal player locations under/above the mesh (would help if the map did not have that many holes)
    Track and store gold per day value sold to vendor
    Track and store gold per day value from and to the veredari
    Track and store high tier metal refined per day
    Track and store high tier materials extracted per day

A wall of shame with guild affiliation would be greatly appreciated i think its important to shame guilds that rely on bad apples for carrys.
    It is very important for the community to see that actions are beeing taken and it is very encouraging to see bad apples getting the hammer for everyone that plays the game legit.

2. Game breaking bugs & SV staff interaction

If you cross a "nodeline" there is a bug that can let your character forget skills, any skill or all of them, relogging usally fixes this but for some players this has lead to permanent skill loss.
    From personal experience i can say that SV staffs will nont help you with this issue.
    Either the GM tools need improvement or they need better training/understanding of the game.
    I tryed to report a few exploits but GMs and staff on discord have personal messages disabled.
    I cant add video files to the ingame bug report and nobody answered my direct messages to SV staff on the forums,
    I have absolutely no clue if any of my reports made it trough.
    This is very disencouraging.

3. Not properly working systems get implemented into the game, stop doing that.

Its better to have a working game with limited content than a game filled with half done systems that create alot if issues.
    Some of those systems and how to turn them functioning:

Flagging
    Giving murdercounts/rep loss only works inconsistently, please change to giving murdercounts on death not on resurrect and only if you get killed in a lawful area.
    Lawful areas should be like this map:
    Lawless.png

War system
    The currently ingame war system does not fulfill its purpose and only gets abused by zergs as a alliance system.
    We need a proper war system because right now you just get punished for PvPing.
    This is how it should work:
    Declare war on anybody, war starts a certain time after declaration so people dont abuse it for quick ganks.
    System warning for everyone that logs in from involved guilds during declaration process and ongoing war (warning in character screen would be dope)
    No fighting in town, guards will still uphold the law, meaning you will still go grey from attacking war targets around guarded towns.
    War can be canceled after a certain amount of hours (96h?) from either side and there should be a cooldown (24h?) to restart war on the same target so guilds cant be spam attacked by the same guilds.
    (96h?) cooldown on joining new guilds after leaving so people dont just guild hop to war the same target over and over
    Only allow a few (3?) offensive wars at a time, but unlimited defensive or zergs would constantly war themselfes to be save

Reputation/Factions
    Remove all factions except Khurite and Tindreme, the rest are not ingame no need to have them clutter the faction window.
    Remove the ability to choose a faction when creating a character, these mechanics do nothing ingame there is no reason to have them enabled.
    If you want Toxai and Hyllspeia to be their own Factions then turn their NPCs to Nordveld/Anim Sith. There is absolutely no reason that they have tindremic/khurite guards/priests.
    Turn red priests factionless/neutral as they should be.

Housing
    Disable Keeps until sieging becomes available, absolute nobrainer to have them in from the start
    Fixing house workbenches should be top priority
    Guilds should be able to own keeps,strongholds and houses, right now every single building is the personal property of a single player, absolut nobrainer.
    Houses/Keeps/Strongholds need two types of acces permission management, whitelist based and guild rank based.
    Guild management needs customizeable guild ranks, or atleast a proper UI with description what each rank does.
    This is how a superior UI and system for guild ranks looks like, pls copy paste
    455532640.jpg

AI
    Mobs can aggro/attack from inside of walls. This can make fighting inside dungeons extremely frustrating.

4. Character Progression
    good progression = i know what to do in order to progress and i can see my progress
    bad progression = time gated progression, luck based progression with chance to get absolutely nothing

Sadly SV decided to go for alot of bad progression with time gating your progress with book reading times of up to 300+ hours.
    To fix simply cap book reading time to around 48 hours or less.

Luck based progression
    SV has split the risar lore book into 20 sepperate books, its a 5% chance to get the book you want and they only spawn if NOBODY has done the dungeon in hours.
    FIX:
    Turn risar chieftain room into a boss room. Remove risar lore book spawns from barrels inside risar dungeon.
    Make risar chieftain drop a gem that can be traded for a risar lore book of your choice.

5. World Design
    The world design is a mess, the topography makes no sense, rivers just stop, lakes have no inlets, trees are everywhere, but the biggest issue is that the "empty" filler space is gigantic while all towns expect Tindrem and MorinKhur are super tiny.There is a lack of paths in rough terrain and no main roads between towns while theres alot of dirt roads that lead nowhere.Overall theres way too many hills/rocks/mountains/valleys that block your way and almost no paths or passes to cross over.
    Rivers need to spring from the mountains, run into sausage lake which then fuels the streams going south and east that pour down waterfalls into the jungle.

FIX:
    Add a network of main roads between major towns
    Add paths in jungle that are free of foilage
    Add passes over/past mountains
    Clear the roads of trees
    Fix the flow of water
    Remove trees where they make no sense
    Add Roadsigns to the main roads
    Remove dirtroads that lead nowhere
    To compensate the endless travel times increase horse stamina gain in first and secound gear and add a speed bonus to riding on the main roads.
    topography.png
    Pls fix k thx bye

Last edited:

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Character Progression
good progression = i know what to do in order to progress and i can see my progress
bad progression = time gated progression, luck based progression with chance to get absolutely nothing

Sadly SV decided to go for alot of bad progression with time gating your progress with book reading times of up to 300+ hours.

Luck based progression
SV has split the risar lore book into 20 sepperate books, its a 5% chance to get the book you want and they only spawn if NOBODY has done the dungeon in hours.
FIX:
Turn risar chieftain room into a boss room. Remove risar lore book spawns from barrels inside risar dungeon.

Add to this the main book of spiritism ether portal locked behind boss fight impossible to any solo mage get, scribing book the same case locked content, these are not advanced magic with high damage power, but basic stuff a mage must have to progress and we are basically locked. scribing u should spend 70g per level or pay a hacker for the book, same with rest of the spiritism books.
Mage class is already bad but gets worse when u can't even get the basic stuff to develop the character.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You ban on cheater and they will be right back at it.

The worse part of the cheaters is when you try to do a dungeon there is usually one dude flying around one shooting and instant looting the bags. Cant even do dungeons efficiently because the mobs are being killed by hackers.

There will be cheaters but you can make it less of a issue if you dont have 3 dollar Argentinean accounts. Henrik on his steam dev dashboard can change the regional price of these low price countries. Maybe its too late and they already have hundreds of 3 dollar burner accounts but the price should be raised to normal and then they can have a low sub cost when ever we get subs.

Pretty much SV making 3 bucks every time they bad a cheater right now, so maybe thats why they havent changed the price.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
You ban on cheater and they will be right back at it.

The worse part of the cheaters is when you try to do a dungeon there is usually one dude flying around one shooting and instant looting the bags. Cant even do dungeons efficiently because the mobs are being killed by hackers.

There will be cheaters but you can make it less of a issue if you dont have 3 dollar Argentinean accounts. Henrik on his steam dev dashboard can change the regional price of these low price countries. Maybe its too late and they already have hundreds of 3 dollar burner accounts but the price should be raised to normal and then they can have a low sub cost when ever we get subs.

Pretty much SV making 3 bucks every time they bad a cheater right now, so maybe thats why they havent changed the price.
There are def hundreds of 3 dollar burner accounts. Changing it now won't change much.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Fuckin awesome post!

I love how the war system suggestion is in-between the one we have now (can't really call it war, more like friendly skirmish) and full out brutality. I think that's the key to breaking through to SV. No idea what the work involved in programing it would be. But i love the idea of splitting the map up like that. (thoughts of how future continents could be split up)....

books (personal opinion) -
I'm a strange player, absolutely... but i love the books. I also love leveling slowly. My char is 1h axes (currently 82) and MA (currently 48). We'll get there :p. I can absolutely see how a normal or new player would hate it. But i've noticed many have the mindset that they are not good enough until maxed or need max gear. Or worse, that it's a prerequisite to getting out on the map and exploring/playing, even solo.

World Design:
I'm a constant explorer. You've hit on SO many good points. Just to add - There's an endless amount of passes, especially in mountainous areas, that just END. ENDLESS paths that make you feel like you're on to something.. then it's ... death or backtracking for 10 minutes.

Reactions: Atom and Branjolf

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
  1. Cheats, exploits

In my opinion the biggest problem with hackers at the moment are real money traders solo farming dungeons and then selling the loot for real life money.
    The problem here is that they seem to be making enough money to keep going with new accounts, the rate at which they are getting caught seems to be too slow.
    To make their lives harder make bosses only spawn if there are atleast 3 players inside the boss room.
    Remove risar lore book spawns from barrels inside risar dungeon so hackers cant just fly in and loot the barrels.
    Track abnormally fast player location change (ignore Z axis to counter falling), if anomaly occours check player speed vs calculated max speed based on attributes.
    Track abnormal player locations under/above the mesh (would help if the map did not have that many holes)

A wall of shame with guild affiliation would be greatly appreciated i think its important to shame guilds that rely on bad apples for carrys.
    It is very important for the community to see that actions are beeing taken and it is very encouraging to see bad apples getting the hammer for everyone that plays the game legit.

If you cross a "nodeline" there is a bug that can let your character forget skills, any skill or all of them, relogging usally fixes this but for some players this has lead to permanent skill loss.
    From personal experience i can say that SV staffs will nont help you with this issue.
    Either the GM tools need improvement or they need better training/understanding of the game.
    I tryed to report a few exploits but GMs and staff on discord have personal messages disabled.
    I cant add video files to the ingame bug report and nobody answered my direct messages to SV staff on the forums,

Its better to have a working game with limited content than a game filled with half done systems that create alot if issues.

Flagging
    Giving murdercounts/rep loss only works inconsistently, please change to giving murdercounts on death not on resurrect and only if you get killed in a lawful area.

War system
    The currently ingame war system does not fulfill its purpose and only gets abused by zergs as a alliance system.
    Declare war on anybody, war starts a certain time after declaration so people dont abuse it for quick ganks.
    System warning for everyone that logs in from involved guilds during declaration process and ongoing war (warning in character screen would be dope)
    No fighting in town, guards will still uphold the law, meaning you will still go grey from attacking war targets around guarded towns.
    War can be canceled after a certain amount of hours (96h?) from either side and there should be a cooldown (24h?) to restart war on the same target so guilds cant be spam attacked by the same guilds.
    (96h?) cooldown on joining new guilds after leaving so people dont just guild hop to war the same target over and over
    Only allow a few (3?) offensive wars at a time, but unlimited defensive or zergs would constantly war themselfes to be save

Reputation/Factions
    Remove all factions except Khurite and Tindreme, the rest are not ingame no need to have them clutter the faction window.
    Remove the ability to choose a faction when creating a character, these mechanics do nothing ingame there is no reason to have them enabled.
    If you want Toxai and Hyllspeia to be their own Factions then turn their NPCs to Nordveld/Anim Sith. There is absolutely no reason that they have tindremic/khurite guards/priests.

Housing
    Disable Keeps until sieging becomes available, absolute nobrainer to have them in from the start
    Guilds should be able to own keeps,strongholds and houses, right now every single building is the personal property of a single player, absolut nobrainer.
    Houses/Keeps/Strongholds need two types of acces permission management, whitelist based and guild rank based.
    Guild management needs customizeable guild ranks, or atleast a proper UI with description what each rank does.

AI
    Mobs can aggro/attack from inside of walls. This can make fighting inside dungeons extremely frustrating.

4. Character Progression

Luck based progression
    FIX:

5. World Design
    The world design is a mess, the topography makes no sense, rivers just stop, lakes have no inlets, trees are everywhere, but the biggest issue is that the "empty" filler space is gigantic while all towns expect Tindrem and MorinKhur are super tiny.There is a lack of paths in rough terrain and no main roads between towns while theres alot of dirt roads that lead nowhere.Overall theres way too many hills/rocks/mountains/valleys that block your way and almost no paths or passes to cross over.
    Rivers need to spring from the mountains, run into sausage lake which then fuels the streams going south and east that pour down waterfalls into the jungle.

FIX:
    Clear the roads of trees
    Fix the flow of water
    To compensate the endless travel times increase horse stamina gain in first and secound gear and add a speed bonus to riding on the main roads.
    Pls fix k thx bye
Very good and constructive.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Cheats are surely not nice, but I think we shouldn't make the game experience worse for others just because there still are cheaters. What is someone wants to solo a boss, then they cannot anymore? Or if it will be possible some point.

I think you touched the AI a bit too little, it is fucking awful (and does not respect their promise of obeying the same rules as players at all). Pets are completely broken and so is their AI in combat and pathfinding, following the player.

Sure some TC stuff can be nice later, but the priority should be elsewhere now, meaning fixing the glaring issues there are, in the, as you mentioned, half-done mechanics. Too many empty buildings, too many functions, clades, whatever which do not work or do not work as intended. Spiritism is basically impossible to get on your own and the mechanics of it are half-assed too (I've heard). Mage and archery balance is not where it should be, mounted combat is a mess.

Crafting needs more depth, seas need something to do in them, the vast emptiness surrounding Myrland is like "why are there swimming skills in the game if there is nothing to explore yet?".

And of course the damn server needs to be working as it was designed to be.

About character progression, the worse thing about this book reading is that they don't even count correctly, the estimated reading times is often off by days and there is nowhere you can check what the real time is gonna be apart from your own estimate. Some books are clearly bugged and always give very low amount of XP while most books get you to lvl 70. (Horse and bear equipment related books barely gets you to 30-40 levels per one reading every time, this cannot be intended).

And as I've said in other threads, being a tamer is a nightmare, ridiculous investment, very weak reward which slows you down on mounted, gets killed in a flash by literally anyone and dies to almost any PvE enemy, and gets stuck in most places in the world, requiring constant relogging. And Dominate basically does not work.

I haven't gone into housebuilding and I won't until there is some guarantee it can't just disappear over night.

And yes, the SV staff interaction is pretty horrible, my questions never get answered by Henrik, no matter how empty the comment section would otherwise be, not a single time has GM helped me this far when I've got stuck with my pets, sent tens of reports about various stuff, no indication if anything is going to happen about them any time soon. And literally game-breaking stuff too, but they just don't seem to have the time to focus on those things, so when will they?

Even damn clade skills don't show up their cooldown timers, have to estimate, and I'm still stuck with my night-vision clade which does nothing and has done nothing since the almost launch when I got it.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
AFAIK looking at what UE5 has to offer, I think rivers are just in a placeholder state. If they use the water tech that comes stock with UE5 and swap out the rivers that they are using now with stock UE4 tech, it'll fix most if not all the things you mentioned.

The unreal 4.26 water system is primitive and sucks ass compared to anything the UE5 system seems to be able to do. Heck the water system they released with 4.26 was a beta release. That they just upped and decided to do nothing to continue working on in UE4. Well i'm expecting better waterways that make sense in UE5.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
I only skimmed over everything that came after the CHEATER part cause I feel like the cheating going on now is the most important issue that needs addressing.

How hard is it to simply have a GM constantly check the minotaur king and the sator dungeon boss? Just have them literally press 1 button and TP there to see if anything fishy is going on. Or literally just fly through the mino dungeon and sator dungeon every half hour or so. That would DRAMATICALLY decrease the issue at hand. Obviously we need an actual solution eventually, but its getting so ridiculous that i do not understand how SV is not simply scouting those areas where its literally almost GUARANTEED that you will run into a speedhacker if you go there.

Also, what the hell was the point of EAC if it literally cannot stop the simplest most obvious cheats like noclip and speedhack?

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Good suggestions.
I agree with cerqo that if the cheating problem isnt fixed the rest wont matter too much. Pls SV, if you dont have enough GMs to have someone monitoring these Bosses every hour or so, you need to hire more. You surely cant rely solely on player reports for this.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Add to this the main book of spiritism ether portal locked behind boss fight impossible to any solo mage get, scribing book the same case locked content, these are not advanced magic with high damage power, but basic stuff a mage must have to progress and we are basically locked. scribing u should spend 70g per level or pay a hacker for the book, same with rest of the spiritism books.
I think its very good to have certain books locked behind boss fights but i agree its very bad that currently this includes basic magic skills, instead it should be stuff like armor books.

Cheats are surely not nice, but I think we shouldn't make the game experience worse for others just because there still are cheaters. What is someone wants to solo a boss, then they cannot anymore? Or if it will be possible some point.

Bosses are group content and should never be soloable.
If you want to play as a solo you will have to trade to get items from group content

Last edited:

korteks

Feb 16, 2022
I'm a constant explorer. You've hit on SO many good points. Just to add - There's an endless amount of passes, especially in mountainous areas, that just END. ENDLESS paths that make you feel like you're on to something.. then it's ... death or backtracking for 10 minutes.

goddamnit this times a million. the map design literally encourages the idea of exploration, and then completely discourages the reality of exploration for the above reasons.

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
As a mage even trade is difficult haha

Yes they kinda copy pastad the mage from MO1 ... where everyone would have an alt to farm stuff since you cant do anything solo really as a mage ... now that that way is gone, its discouraging to be a mage, if you dont have several accounts

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
  1. Cheats, exploits

Flagging

War system

Reputation/Factions

Housing

AI

4. Character Progression

Luck based progression
    FIX:

5. World Design

FIX:
    Clear the roads of trees
    Fix the flow of water
    Pls fix k thx bye
missing all the bugs that make pets unusable.